4 East Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trystdelray.com/#!
- Phone: (561) 921-0201
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Friday - Sunday 11:00pm - 3:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tryst
Tryst is a local restaurant with a neighborhood pub feeling. Our menu is inspired by the rich Bar culture of Europe, with an emphasis on seasonal, mostly local, farm fresh ingredientsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Tryst reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (77)fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (60)vibrant bar scene (52)hot spot (44)good for groups (26)notable wine list (21)great for brunch (18)romantic (17)late-night find (17)special occasion (16)great for lunch (9)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Best Brunch in S. FlaCC70VIPDined on 11/23/2014We hadn't been in a long time. Simply because of opportunity, not desire. They have hired a new chef. And it was still amazing. I tried something new. The shrimp PO boy. Large shrimp it was excellent. If you have never been. You must have the French toast and eggs Benedict. Seth was an excellent serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience all around!AdamDined on 11/22/2014Wow! I found this place for my wife and me to take my parents to, and we just loved it. Drinks? Awesome. Food? Delicious, high quality for all of us. We like to talk and the only things we said after the food came was 'wow, this is delicious!' The best burger I ever had, honestly. My dad's fish was flippin caught that day, just down the road. Wow!! We also were really fortunate to be served by Ted. He was so knowledgeable, considerate and helpful. My dad is a vodka aficionado and Ted took time to explain how they make this amazing blood orange vodka they serve there. You just don't get high quality service like that often. It made a really wonderful food and drink experience feel top notch. Thank you, Ted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 6DelrayGirlDined on 11/21/2014We enjoyed great food/dinner with outstanding service from our server! While we loved the atmosphere, we were inside (as it was a rainy night) and it was extremely difficult for our party of 6 to carry on a conversation given the noise level - and this was on a night where the place was not as packed as it usually is. Also, normal sized mixed drinks at $11-12 a pop makes one seriously reconsider ordering seconds or thirds. We left after dinner to go to another (yes, quieter) more reasonably priced bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge Disappointment!NanetteVIPDined on 11/16/2014We have dined here for a very long time and have always had great service and food. Tonight was the 3rd night this week we chose to dine at Tryst. What a disappointment!! It started with our hostess; we checked in just after 6 PM and I asked for the 4 topper we usually sit at (there was only 2 of us); she stated it was "reserved". I doubted it but chose to sit outside rather than at a tiny 2 topper. At 7:15 the table was still empty and at 8:00 I mentioned it to the hostess. She stated the reservation cancelled (sure) and I said all the other tables were still open as well. With a sassy attitude while chewing gum in my face (how classy) she stated she was "only doing her job and sitting people where she had to". She got argumentative and I walked out while she was still talking. Our server tonight was far from attentive, overcharged my wine (but did correct it when I told her about it); my food was great yet my husband's was not. He sent it back but it came back exactly the same way. Rather than argue we took the remainder home. I think I will wait a while to return....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tryst is superb.PhilDined on 11/15/2014The waiter was outstanding as was the food. My friend said the draft beer was the best she has had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightShariKDined on 11/14/2014We were had reservations, we honored within in 5 minutes of our time...The bartender prior to sitting was beyond sweet, hostess adorable and waitress extremely thoughtful and checking on us throughout night. All and all a perfect 10. It was the first time i sat outside...was pleasantly happy with our choice..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodJasonVIPDined on 11/14/2014Would definitely recommend. Great local food. Very vibrant bar scene and very loud. But that's Downtown Delray so probably wouldn't recommend if you want a quiet romantic dinner. Their menu changes every so often so make sure you ask for the specials that day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodMarciDined on 11/14/2014I always enjoy going there. The food is always consistent, good and fresh. We love to take our friends there and enjoy them watching their reaction to their first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlantic Avenue comfortable diningjtmcDined on 11/14/2014If you want to take part in the Delray scene Tryst is a good place to eat. You can be part of the noisy bar scene or sit outside and enjoy the Florida weather. The fish tacos or burgers are a reasonable lite bite or you can have a more expensive full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this gem!NanetteVIPDined on 11/13/2014Our server Jessica was awesome as always, food was terrific. The crowd at the bar was extremely energetic and the music was way too loud...Jessica had the volume lowered several times but it kept getting raised. I found it extremely exhausting! Tryst does not need loud "bar" music....it doesn't enhance the dining experience! The food and consistent wonderful service speaks for itself. Will be going again on Sunday and hope the music will be at low volume!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delray's Best!bublzmustpopDined on 11/8/2014This spot is my favorite! An energetic restaurant that's good for a night out with friends or a romantic evening with your significant other! Great food! Great atmosphere! Love this place!Special Features:
- Funky neighborhood gemfoodiegirlVIPDined on 11/8/2014Love sitting outside at Tryst. Great view of the avenue. Interesting menu including small plates and entrees. Extensive drink selections.Special Features:
- Everything you need is at tryst!girliegirlDined on 11/8/2014Delicious appetizers, entrees and a great beer selection with fun cocktails. Outdoor seating has festive lighting and inside has an eclectic feel. Get the bone marrow!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here many timesFoodieDined on 11/7/2014We have never been disappointed. Everything on the menu is good. We usually try to dine early so we can take advantage of the Happy Hour.Special Features:
- Great Sunday Night Spot!RodDVIPDined on 11/2/2014Always enjoy our Sunday evenings at Tryst. Always an interesting menu and the best service, especially Matt. A fun place to unwind.Special Features:
- Hot spot in DelrayRosiepieDined on 11/1/2014Tryst is a great spot for indoor or outdoor dining. Food is always delicious and the bar is always packed. Valet service is a plus for the busy Atlantic Avenue. Great people watching as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Visit - DisappointingEllieVIPDined on 11/1/2014Great outdoor patio area. Heaters work in the cool evenings. Four of us returned for dinner and were disappointed that it wasn't early as good as the first time we ate there. Entrees should be memorable. Our fish was good but lacked seasoning and the presentation was blah. Service was excellent. The noise inside is deafening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFrequentTravelerDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I visited on a Friday night (which happened to be Halloween). The restaurant was crowded but they took us right away since we had a reservation. They have outdoor and indoor seating; we sat indoors since it was a bit quieter due to the private party using the outdoor area. Our server was prompt and knowledgeable and helped us with the menu choices. I picked the NY Strip and it was absolutely delicious. My wife had the Tryst burger, which she also enjoyed tremendously. All in all we had an enjoyable evening with delicious food. We'd come back again!Special Features:
- Tryst is always goodGregandLindaVIPDined on 10/27/2014Great dinner! Nice menu and really terrific service. I have been there many times and will continue to make it one of my regular dining choices.Special Features:
- Pleasant outdoor dinningworldtravelerDined on 10/26/2014We had a nice dinner in the patio, the service was friendly and capable and the food was average. Not in the same league as its sister restaurant, Dada, but still nice, American bistro type, food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food giid with interesting twistsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Good food but nit for people that likeness and potatoes. Limited menu choices. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageHillTopDined on 10/18/2014Not great, Not terrible. The food lacked flavor and spices. Everything was just a little bland, nothing special. Probably won't go back. There are many other places to try.Special Features:
- DELICIOSOhkshortyDined on 10/16/2014Three girls out to celebrate a birthday wanting good apps, great dinners and an outragious desserts Patio is lovely. We ate outdoors. We started with a seasonal soup (pumpkin I believe) and great flatbread. We wolfed, shared, and left no morsel. Next on to the very interesting menu,schnitzel and pork pulled meatloaf. My friends were fond of the meat loaf heavily flavored with a smokey bar b que sauce. but I favored the chicken schnitzel. It had a fab salad on top and the breading was so original. The meatloaf was topped with sensational potato salad . Dessert was a very unusual bread pudding and again, were amazed. Their versions of food are unexpected and the flavors are amazing.Special Features:
- A gemSarlisx2Dined on 10/15/2014Tryst was an unexpected delight. Calling it a gastropub is selling it short. Had the best grilled ahi steak ever and the vegetables were outstanding. It's a place with friendly staff and laid-back clientele. A gem of a find.Special Features:
- Service was very subparOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I was expecting a lot out of Tryst from what I have heard of it. I made a reservation for a large table. The food was great and priced accordingly, but the drinks were not. Where my experience really fell short what that the waitress knowing that we had a party of around 15 didn't split our check. The worst part is that she told us that she wouldn't split them. When we talked to a manager he stated that she told us that she couldn't. We know what we heard, but either way she could and should have split it. It took us 45 minutes to manually count it up and pay separately. Very bad ending to what we thought was going to be a good night. Servers name was Jennifer Q.Special Features:
- Tryst...What a gem!CarmDined on 10/6/2014Tryst is an awesome place to meet friends, drink wine and eat!! I consider it my favorite neighborhood gem! Greg, Ben, Michelle, and Tom are always welcoming and helpful with everything. Seth was our server for the last visit which was my fiances birthday and he was accommodating and very knowledgeable pertaining to wine choices and all the dishes. If your in Delray Beach don't miss it.Special Features:
- Great food, better serviceStarbuckDined on 10/4/2014The food was on point, and our waitress Hayden was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Love the farm to table freshness of their food. It's noisy inside but it was delightful outside. Our server Matthew was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al fresco delightGaleDined on 9/27/2014Tryst has the best patio in town. Their servers cannot be beat - attentive and personable, yet not overbearing. The only reason I gave the food 4 stars was my fish tacos I ordered grilled, which came out soggy and not the best. My friend got them as prepared on the menu - fried and raved about them. Don't alter a chef's recipe - great time too. $5 valet parking in Delray can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meh...PieroLVIPDined on 9/27/2014It was a busy night, and the kitchen was perhaps a bit overwhelmed. Food was slow coming, they ran out of their fish special but didn't let the staff know, the substitute they offered at the same $30 price was not very good. No one at the table was very impressed by what was served. That said, the servers made a big effort to recover, bought us a round of drinks, and were very nice. The ambiance was pleasant.
- Amazing Place, Amazing Foodesarnold1980Dined on 9/23/2014When I am in Delray Beach, this a must go to restaurant. The Food is Amazing and they have a great Cocktail menu.Special Features:
- Scallops & Pork Chops at TrystTennisnutDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went to Tryst for the first time last weekend. We ate inside at a table for two which was cozy but not uncomfortable. We started with the flatbread appetizer. It looked more like was a traditional single serving round pizza than the flatbreads I have had at other restaurants. It was surprisingly tasty and hubbie and I gobbled the whole thing. My scallops were cooked perfectly in a lovely mushroom sauce. My husband had the pork and said it was delicious, which means a lot since he tends to be very picky. Our server's name was TED, and he was really attentive and knowledgeable without being overbearing. He checked on us regularly and was quick to clean up the mess I made with water spilling on the table.Special Features:
- TRYST is itToryTalk4242Dined on 9/16/2014Tryst kills it every time. The food is phenomenal and the variety of beers/dishes sides, is so refreshing and fun. The employees are all personable, attractive and nice. This place is and will remain one of my FAVORITE Delray dining spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor patio!Foodie13Dined on 9/10/2014We love to come and sit on the patio outside as it's very charming. The food is also excellent and creative. We always can count on the bone marrow and other "treats". Thanks for the great experience!Special Features:
- Always The Best!NanetteVIPDined on 9/8/2014Again our food was delicious, served piping hot and more than enough on our plates! Our server, Ted, was extremely attentive and offered my husband a taste of different draft beers before choosing which one to order. Ted never hovered over us nor rushed us through our meal. The food is always delicious, the service is consistent and we are always made to feel welcome. Love this little gem!Special Features:
- Very nice placediner8255Dined on 9/4/2014Great place if you know food and good wines. We had a friend with us who is not very adventurous when it comes to foods she doesn't know, so the limited menu was challenging. The rest of us had no problems and really enjoyed the cuisine.Special Features:
- one word...fabulous!YummyVIPDined on 9/3/2014We tried the pork belly lettuce wraps..enough for 2 to share for appetizer...out of this world! Then we shared the pulled pork meatloaf sitting on potato salad n slaw..delicious! For dessert we had the chocolate cake with peanut butter cream cheese icing...totally out of this world! Yes...we WILL be back!! And make sure u get Hannah as your waitress..She was a doll!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great and so was the service. Unfortunately it is extremely noisy. So one cannot have a conversation on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeNnoonan10VIPDined on 8/28/2014Good food. Pretty good happy hour. Had the scallops. And pad Thai. Both excellent waiter was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudBCDaleyVIPDined on 8/23/2014The service at a Tryst was attentive and professional and the food was visually appealing and very tasty. But the noise level in the room was off the charts-we had to shout across the table to make ourselves heard. I don't know hoe the management can control guest noise (different seating? Noise diffusing wall art or mats?...) but the noise level would definitely prevent me from going back to what was otherwise a positive restaurant experience.Special Features: