4 East Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trystdelray.com/#!
- Phone: 5619210201
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Friday - Sunday 11:00pm - 3:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tryst
Tryst is a local restaurant with a neighborhood pub feeling. Our menu is inspired by the rich Bar culture of Europe, with an emphasis on seasonal, mostly local, farm fresh ingredientsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Tryst reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (53)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (43)vibrant bar scene (42)hot spot (29)good for groups (19)notable wine list (15)late-night find (12)great for brunch (12)romantic (12)great for lunch (9)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- DELICIOSOhkshortyDined on 10/16/2014Three girls out to celebrate a birthday wanting good apps, great dinners and an outragious desserts Patio is lovely. We ate outdoors. We started with a seasonal soup (pumpkin I believe) and great flatbread. We wolfed, shared, and left no morsel. Next on to the very interesting menu,schnitzel and pork pulled meatloaf. My friends were fond of the meat loaf heavily flavored with a smokey bar b que sauce. but I favored the chicken schnitzel. It had a fab salad on top and the breading was so original. The meatloaf was topped with sensational potato salad . Dessert was a very unusual bread pudding and again, were amazed. Their versions of food are unexpected and the flavors are amazing.Special Features:
- A gemSarlisx2Dined on 10/15/2014Tryst was an unexpected delight. Calling it a gastropub is selling it short. Had the best grilled ahi steak ever and the vegetables were outstanding. It's a place with friendly staff and laid-back clientele. A gem of a find.Special Features:
- Service was very subparOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I was expecting a lot out of Tryst from what I have heard of it. I made a reservation for a large table. The food was great and priced accordingly, but the drinks were not. Where my experience really fell short what that the waitress knowing that we had a party of around 15 didn't split our check. The worst part is that she told us that she wouldn't split them. When we talked to a manager he stated that she told us that she couldn't. We know what we heard, but either way she could and should have split it. It took us 45 minutes to manually count it up and pay separately. Very bad ending to what we thought was going to be a good night. Servers name was Jennifer Q.Special Features:
- Tryst...What a gem!CarmDined on 10/6/2014Tryst is an awesome place to meet friends, drink wine and eat!! I consider it my favorite neighborhood gem! Greg, Ben, Michelle, and Tom are always welcoming and helpful with everything. Seth was our server for the last visit which was my fiances birthday and he was accommodating and very knowledgeable pertaining to wine choices and all the dishes. If your in Delray Beach don't miss it.Special Features:
- Great food, better serviceStarbuckDined on 10/4/2014The food was on point, and our waitress Hayden was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Love the farm to table freshness of their food. It's noisy inside but it was delightful outside. Our server Matthew was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al fresco delightGaleDined on 9/27/2014Tryst has the best patio in town. Their servers cannot be beat - attentive and personable, yet not overbearing. The only reason I gave the food 4 stars was my fish tacos I ordered grilled, which came out soggy and not the best. My friend got them as prepared on the menu - fried and raved about them. Don't alter a chef's recipe - great time too. $5 valet parking in Delray can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meh...PieroLVIPDined on 9/27/2014It was a busy night, and the kitchen was perhaps a bit overwhelmed. Food was slow coming, they ran out of their fish special but didn't let the staff know, the substitute they offered at the same $30 price was not very good. No one at the table was very impressed by what was served. That said, the servers made a big effort to recover, bought us a round of drinks, and were very nice. The ambiance was pleasant.
- Amazing Place, Amazing Foodesarnold1980Dined on 9/23/2014When I am in Delray Beach, this a must go to restaurant. The Food is Amazing and they have a great Cocktail menu.Special Features:
- Scallops & Pork Chops at TrystTennisnutDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went to Tryst for the first time last weekend. We ate inside at a table for two which was cozy but not uncomfortable. We started with the flatbread appetizer. It looked more like was a traditional single serving round pizza than the flatbreads I have had at other restaurants. It was surprisingly tasty and hubbie and I gobbled the whole thing. My scallops were cooked perfectly in a lovely mushroom sauce. My husband had the pork and said it was delicious, which means a lot since he tends to be very picky. Our server's name was TED, and he was really attentive and knowledgeable without being overbearing. He checked on us regularly and was quick to clean up the mess I made with water spilling on the table.Special Features:
- TRYST is itToryTalk4242Dined on 9/16/2014Tryst kills it every time. The food is phenomenal and the variety of beers/dishes sides, is so refreshing and fun. The employees are all personable, attractive and nice. This place is and will remain one of my FAVORITE Delray dining spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor patio!Foodie13Dined on 9/10/2014We love to come and sit on the patio outside as it's very charming. The food is also excellent and creative. We always can count on the bone marrow and other "treats". Thanks for the great experience!Special Features:
- Always The Best!NanetteVIPDined on 9/8/2014Again our food was delicious, served piping hot and more than enough on our plates! Our server, Ted, was extremely attentive and offered my husband a taste of different draft beers before choosing which one to order. Ted never hovered over us nor rushed us through our meal. The food is always delicious, the service is consistent and we are always made to feel welcome. Love this little gem!Special Features:
- Very nice placediner8255Dined on 9/4/2014Great place if you know food and good wines. We had a friend with us who is not very adventurous when it comes to foods she doesn't know, so the limited menu was challenging. The rest of us had no problems and really enjoyed the cuisine.Special Features:
- one word...fabulous!YummyVIPDined on 9/3/2014We tried the pork belly lettuce wraps..enough for 2 to share for appetizer...out of this world! Then we shared the pulled pork meatloaf sitting on potato salad n slaw..delicious! For dessert we had the chocolate cake with peanut butter cream cheese icing...totally out of this world! Yes...we WILL be back!! And make sure u get Hannah as your waitress..She was a doll!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great and so was the service. Unfortunately it is extremely noisy. So one cannot have a conversation on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeNnoonan10VIPDined on 8/28/2014Good food. Pretty good happy hour. Had the scallops. And pad Thai. Both excellent waiter was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudBCDaleyVIPDined on 8/23/2014The service at a Tryst was attentive and professional and the food was visually appealing and very tasty. But the noise level in the room was off the charts-we had to shout across the table to make ourselves heard. I don't know hoe the management can control guest noise (different seating? Noise diffusing wall art or mats?...) but the noise level would definitely prevent me from going back to what was otherwise a positive restaurant experience.Special Features:
- MehTahiaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Out of tryst, hullabaloo, and kapow, kapow is best. Like all restaurants in this group, prices are moderate, decor is tacky, lots of bar goers. Very mediocre food.
- Enjoyable DinnerEllieVIPDined on 8/21/2014A colleague and I enjoyed dinner at Tryst this week. It is impossible to hear yourself think during happy hour indoors so we opted to sit outside, thanks to a well positioned fan that made it quite pleasant despite the heat. The entrees of Zatar seasoned Mahi Mahi were superb and beautifully presented. The fresh fish dip not so spectacular. Overall, we spent almost $100 for 1 appetizer, 2 entrees and no drinks or desert. Somewhat pricey, but it is a 'hot' Delray Beach dinint 'spot'.Special Features:
- Great Sunday night vibe!RodDVIPDined on 8/17/2014Our favorite Sunday night spot. Excellent food, diverse menu and great beer selection.Special Features:
- AverageMsRita33480Dined on 8/17/2014Average food, decent service, not a place to dine but for drinks and bar food is o.k. the happy hour offers $3 beer and $5 wine and drinks which is o.k but very limited selection of foods, still if you want to nibble on something and have a drink is adequate. We were there Sunday and there was a decent crowd but the noise level was comfortable. Will be nice when the weather cools down and can sit in their patio outside.Special Features:
- Sorry to say, nothing was good.LuvhealthydiningDined on 8/16/2014Noisy, awful, shrill music inside. Hot and muggy outside, even with the fans blowing. No one in our group ate their dinners.
- Nice spotStiggVIPDined on 8/14/2014Menu is fairly limited. Salad was excellent and different. Burger was really juicy. Wings are wonderful! Pad Thai lacked flavor and was bland. All in all interesting menu but limited. Aervce has been good there and attentive. Overall like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Tryst is one of Delray's finest. Terrific bar , wonderful food and consistently nice service.
- A Real Gem!Live4FineWineandFoodVIPDined on 8/8/2014Finally ate here for the first time after several recommendations given by friends - Wish I tried it much soooner! The service is polished, friendly, and efficient. The quality and preparation of the food is exceptional. The must-haves are definitely the mahi tacos, pad-thai, crispy shrimp and the burger. Quite an extensive wine list with a wide range of prices - plenty to choose from! And the outdoor patio is really cute and comfy. A nice casual gem for any occasion!Special Features:
- Another Great Dining Experience!NanetteVIPDined on 8/2/2014How fortunate we were to be able to have Jessica as our server again! Fantastic food, awesome service and a wonderful evening. Of course we will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2014Menu and food great! Great selection of beer. Noise level inside is to much. Can't talk.Special Features:
- Wonderful TrystOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Tryst was fantastic, everything about Tryst was perfect. Our food was delicious, prepared to perfection & our service with waiter, Matthew was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always creative and well executedJuantonVIPDined on 7/19/2014We go to tryst pretty often - maybe once or twice a month on average - both for lunch/brunch and for dinner. The atmosphere at dinner is always energetic, and for good reason. The food is great and the bartenders are typically very knowledgeable and seasoned mixologists. Their menu and specials change often and their food is consistently well prepared. When we go for lunch we have our kids, and the wait and kitchen staff is very accommodating. The prices are very reasonable for the area. The outdoor dining area is really nice as well. Overall, I can't say I've ever had even a mediocre experience there - it's always "pretty good" to "excellent". For a place that's been around a few years that's saying a lot.Special Features:
- YummyJld220Dined on 7/18/2014We were going for burgers which we knew were good from a previous visit. However we discovered a duck dish that is worthy of a 10 rating.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningNanetteVIPDined on 7/12/2014We were so fortunate to have Jessica as our server; she had a fantastic bubbly personality! She made us feel like she was welcoming us into her own home. Not sure of my wine choice, Jessica was kind enough to let me sample wine prior to buying a glass. She kept watch over our table without being bothersome; made sure we weren't in need of anything. The food was fabulous and cooked to perfection. The noise level makes it a bit difficult to talk but it will not keep me from going again. Wonderful evening, fantastic service and delicious food cooked the way we asked! Highly recommend Tryst!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConcernAlwaysa2ndchanceDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful atmosphere, food good, great server. However, took more than 30 minutes for burger.....Although we never complained, on 2 occasions manager came over to apologize for the wait. So obviously they recognized a problem in the kitchen. Must say a comped draft or other drink would have gone a long way. What could cost of that be $1? Although all was very good....this lack of gesture likely cost them future business. Too many other places to go in Delray. Sorry...but poor judgement.Special Features:
- Luv2dineVIPDined on 6/29/2014This is an amazing restaurant that always satisfies. The food is great, service is very attentive, and the ambiance is wonderful. We keep coming back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014Tryst burger is a favorite but always look forward to the specials.Special Features:
- foodEDined on 6/27/2014good energy, great food, attentive staff. we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Really GreatWineGal33VIPDined on 6/27/2014As a first-timer, my friend and I went to Tryst because it was near the theater. To our delight, we walked in loving the place. Casual, yet special in décor. The menu had so much to choose from yet everything looked special I had the mahi tacos as suggested by our waiter. He was knowledgeable about the entire menu. Great service. Great wines by the glass. I cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 291 reviews are from the Tryst reviews archive.
- Delray D2004Anon2004Dined on 6/22/2014Celebrating an 85th birthday for Tampa friends we were delighted with whole experience from the food to the attentive staff to the birthday surprise dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceLudozoneVIPDined on 6/21/2014Tryst is more a vibrant bar with great food than the oter way around. I liked the ambiance and the mixed crown, with a great set-up and a fabulous beer and wine list. The delicious food was a bonus IMHO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyLifeIsGoodDined on 6/21/2014Great food. Lovely ambiance. Can be a romantic spot for lovers. The outdoor seating makes this place. My chair was broken and replaced quite quickly. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.