4 East Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trystdelray.com/#!
- Phone: 5619210201
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Friday - Sunday 11:00pm - 3:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tryst
Tryst is a local restaurant with a neighborhood pub feeling. Our menu is inspired by the rich Bar culture of Europe, with an emphasis on seasonal, mostly local, farm fresh ingredientsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Tryst reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (45)neighborhood gem (41)vibrant bar scene (34)fit for foodies (31)hot spot (17)great for brunch (16)romantic (15)late-night find (14)good for groups (12)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (10)special occasion (9)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Nice placeNnoonan10VIPDined on 8/28/2014Good food. Pretty good happy hour. Had the scallops. And pad Thai. Both excellent waiter was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudBCDaleyVIPDined on 8/23/2014The service at a Tryst was attentive and professional and the food was visually appealing and very tasty. But the noise level in the room was off the charts-we had to shout across the table to make ourselves heard. I don't know hoe the management can control guest noise (different seating? Noise diffusing wall art or mats?...) but the noise level would definitely prevent me from going back to what was otherwise a positive restaurant experience.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerEllieVIPDined on 8/21/2014A colleague and I enjoyed dinner at Tryst this week. It is impossible to hear yourself think during happy hour indoors so we opted to sit outside, thanks to a well positioned fan that made it quite pleasant despite the heat. The entrees of Zatar seasoned Mahi Mahi were superb and beautifully presented. The fresh fish dip not so spectacular. Overall, we spent almost $100 for 1 appetizer, 2 entrees and no drinks or desert. Somewhat pricey, but it is a 'hot' Delray Beach dinint 'spot'.Special Features:
- Great Sunday night vibe!RodDDined on 8/17/2014Our favorite Sunday night spot. Excellent food, diverse menu and great beer selection.Special Features:
- AverageMsRita33480Dined on 8/17/2014Average food, decent service, not a place to dine but for drinks and bar food is o.k. the happy hour offers $3 beer and $5 wine and drinks which is o.k but very limited selection of foods, still if you want to nibble on something and have a drink is adequate. We were there Sunday and there was a decent crowd but the noise level was comfortable. Will be nice when the weather cools down and can sit in their patio outside.Special Features:
- Sorry to say, nothing was good.LuvhealthydiningDined on 8/16/2014Noisy, awful, shrill music inside. Hot and muggy outside, even with the fans blowing. No one in our group ate their dinners.
- Nice spotStiggVIPDined on 8/14/2014Menu is fairly limited. Salad was excellent and different. Burger was really juicy. Wings are wonderful! Pad Thai lacked flavor and was bland. All in all interesting menu but limited. Aervce has been good there and attentive. Overall like this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Tryst is one of Delray's finest. Terrific bar , wonderful food and consistently nice service.
- A Real Gem!Live4FineWineandFoodVIPDined on 8/8/2014Finally ate here for the first time after several recommendations given by friends - Wish I tried it much soooner! The service is polished, friendly, and efficient. The quality and preparation of the food is exceptional. The must-haves are definitely the mahi tacos, pad-thai, crispy shrimp and the burger. Quite an extensive wine list with a wide range of prices - plenty to choose from! And the outdoor patio is really cute and comfy. A nice casual gem for any occasion!Special Features:
- Another Great Dining Experience!NanetteDined on 8/2/2014How fortunate we were to be able to have Jessica as our server again! Fantastic food, awesome service and a wonderful evening. Of course we will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2014Menu and food great! Great selection of beer. Noise level inside is to much. Can't talk.Special Features:
- Wonderful TrystOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014Tryst was fantastic, everything about Tryst was perfect. Our food was delicious, prepared to perfection & our service with waiter, Matthew was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyJld220Dined on 7/18/2014We were going for burgers which we knew were good from a previous visit. However we discovered a duck dish that is worthy of a 10 rating.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningNanetteDined on 7/12/2014We were so fortunate to have Jessica as our server; she had a fantastic bubbly personality! She made us feel like she was welcoming us into her own home. Not sure of my wine choice, Jessica was kind enough to let me sample wine prior to buying a glass. She kept watch over our table without being bothersome; made sure we weren't in need of anything. The food was fabulous and cooked to perfection. The noise level makes it a bit difficult to talk but it will not keep me from going again. Wonderful evening, fantastic service and delicious food cooked the way we asked! Highly recommend Tryst!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConcernOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/11/2014Wonderful atmosphere, food good, great server. However, took more than 30 minutes for burger.....Although we never complained, on 2 occasions manager came over to apologize for the wait. So obviously they recognized a problem in the kitchen. Must say a comped draft or other drink would have gone a long way. What could cost of that be $1? Although all was very good....this lack of gesture likely cost them future business. Too many other places to go in Delray. Sorry...but poor judgement.Special Features:
- Luv2dineVIPDined on 6/29/2014This is an amazing restaurant that always satisfies. The food is great, service is very attentive, and the ambiance is wonderful. We keep coming back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014Tryst burger is a favorite but always look forward to the specials.Special Features:
- foodEDined on 6/27/2014good energy, great food, attentive staff. we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Really GreatWineGal33VIPDined on 6/27/2014As a first-timer, my friend and I went to Tryst because it was near the theater. To our delight, we walked in loving the place. Casual, yet special in décor. The menu had so much to choose from yet everything looked special I had the mahi tacos as suggested by our waiter. He was knowledgeable about the entire menu. Great service. Great wines by the glass. I cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delray D2004Anon2004Dined on 6/22/2014Celebrating an 85th birthday for Tampa friends we were delighted with whole experience from the food to the attentive staff to the birthday surprise dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceLudozoneVIPDined on 6/21/2014Tryst is more a vibrant bar with great food than the oter way around. I liked the ambiance and the mixed crown, with a great set-up and a fabulous beer and wine list. The delicious food was a bonus IMHO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyLifeIsGoodDined on 6/21/2014Great food. Lovely ambiance. Can be a romantic spot for lovers. The outdoor seating makes this place. My chair was broken and replaced quite quickly. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers and BeersAnaJoy4VIPDined on 6/21/2014Avoid the brunch menu and stick to the basics. The outdoor patio is lovely for dining but the inside is a bar scene.
- Delicious FoodMemorableExperienceDined on 6/19/2014Our Meal selections were Absolutely Delicious - definitely would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/15/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the diversity and quality of items on the menu...... friendly, inviting placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 6/15/2014Tryst has the best brunch on the avenue. The outdoor patio is the perfect place for a Sunday brunch. Staff are all friendly.Special Features:
- Overall Great Atmosphere!Ashlee131Dined on 6/15/2014From the bartenders to the servers - everyone is extremely helpful! They all know there stuff when it comes down to recommending menu items and specialty drinks! I have been here both for brunch and for late night drinks. The atmosphere in their "backyard" setting is perfection for late night drinks with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itDaniVIPDined on 6/15/2014We go to tryst allot and the service and food is always great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014We love Tryst. The food is always great and the service is always wonderful. Beer selection is also great.Special Features:
- It's been a long time!fatsallyDined on 6/7/2014We haven't eaten at Tryst in quite some time. My husband remembered that they have great fish tacos so we went. We had a table for two outside on a beautiful evening. Our waitress was courteous and very helpful with the menu. My husband ordered the fish tacos and said they were better than before. I ordered a fish special and it was light and delicious. The food is very reasonably priced for Atlantic Avenue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/5/2014We tried Tryst due to a Social Living coupon special and are delighted we did! We sat outside and it was a perfect setting to unwind from a hectic day. Tryst's dining selections offered a treat for a vegan ( the spicy vegan Pad Tai) and a satisfying burger for my carnivorous mate. Service could not have been better with Jennifer as our gracious server. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and dining experienceFoodieKazDined on 5/30/2014Food is gourmet is a nice pub-like setting. The service is 5-star. Each server is amazing and our most recent server Seth was awesome. A must try.Special Features:
- mixed feelingsGijillyDined on 5/28/2014Some of the food was good, some not cooked well, nice patio. Ambience was good. Music was a bit loud for my taste. There was a running around, obnoxious child next to me so maybe they turned it up so I wouldn't notice? Inside is a nice bar, very warm feeling. Good beer list. Would return to hang at the bar for a drink and an app.Special Features:
- THE BEST BRUNCHCC70VIPDined on 5/25/2014That's all ya need to know. They have the best brunch period. Great bottomless bloodys and mimosas. Great dinner and beer list too. Solid restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining with great pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014Matthew, our waiter, was attentive and knew every dish when asked questions. Everyone that worked there was friendly . Very comfortable atmosphere, great food and pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains a FavoriteDrBillDined on 5/24/2014Since my last visit here a year ago (we go for the Craft Festival annually to Delray) they have changed chef and menu slightly. The food is locally sourced and organic wherever possible, the beef grass-fed and pasture raised, and everything delicious. They have cider on tap (a definite and rare plus) and in the winter often have local sausage and mash - making it the perfect comfort food hangout. But all year round it is fit for comfort and for foodies.Special Features:
- Decent but not worth the moneylegaladyDined on 5/20/2014The staff were excellent. Our server and the manager were attentive and on point. 3 of us ordered margaritas and all 3 of us exchanged them for the beer. They were awful. We went there for taco Tuesday. I think our bill was about $30 but not worth it. Only taco that tasted good was the shrimp one. Not worth the money spent though. Again, staff was great, outdoor seating was excellent and no cigarettes allowed in that section which was a plus. It was a decent one time experience but wouldn't go back.
- Favorite find!FatcatVIPDined on 5/9/2014Love, love, love everything about Tryst!!!! It is our favorite restaurant in Florida. My husband is a fine beer lover and the staff is so knowledgeable. The food is outstanding. Outdoor seating is charming. Would eat there everyday!Special Features:
- KAS1VIPDined on 5/3/2014Very helpful hostess who was trying to juggle the difficulties created by expected bad weather and roughly one half of the dinner seating being outside on a patio. This made the main dining room far busier and extremely loud. Mac and cheese appetizer was among the best we have had. Fish and chips was very tasty. Fish tacos were missing something in the taste. All food total 4 stars but unless the fish tacos are improved stay away from them. Our waitress was excellent.
- The following 271 reviews are from the Tryst reviews archive.
- AwesomeAnonVIPDined on 4/27/2014What a treat it was to dine at Tryst. We were pleasantly surprised by the amazing live music and laid back atmosphere. The service and food were absolutely the best in Delray. The Cobia and chicken schnitzel were incredible. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.