Tryst - St Petersburg
240 Beach Dr NE
St.Petersburg, FL 33701Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Tryst - St Petersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://trystgastrolounge.com/
- Phone: 7278214567
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday 4:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Monday - Wednesday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Thursday 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Friday 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Saturday 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM 5:30 PM - 12:00 AM
Sunday 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
BAR SNACK MENU
Thursday 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Friday 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Saturday 10:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Tryst - St Petersburg
South Beach style upscale lounge with great food and cocktailsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Tryst - St Petersburg - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
Tryst - St Petersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (11)fit for foodies (9)late-night find (8)special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (5)romantic (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great vibe and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Delicious Martinis - had the s"Walk on the Pier" and it had the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness, very refreshing. Sat inside on the second couch - disappointed to see the upholstery to be so ripped and damaged ... Made it feel cheap and unkept. The remainder of the decor is very chic. The homemade gnocchi were a bit over cooked but had a good flavor profile - made the mistake of ordering them with the smoked chicken and the chicken was much too salty. Our waiter forgot to bring out our appetizer (cheese platter) and as an apology bought us our dessert - creme brûlée ( delicious!). I'd come back again and try other options off the menu as there were many great options and the restaurant vibe is hip and fun. I'd also sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great time!AmandaDined on 8/31/2014We had been to Tryst before and it is constantly a great experience. Great beer list, great good, great scene! However, this time was over the top because of our server, Brian W.. He was animated, polite, attentive, and just made us have a fun time. My husband and I would go back to request him if possible.Special Features:
- Over the top foodFoodie4LifeDined on 8/8/2014I ordered vegetarian dishes that I really wasn't expecting much from...caprese salad and gnocchi. Both of these were made with premium ingrediants that I enjoyed to the very last bite. I loved how the mozarella cheese was so soft I could spread it on the sourdough bread. And the gnocchi was tender and flavorful. It was my first time having had it. I liked how wait staff called me prior to my arrival and managed to seat me right away despite having shown up thirty minutes early. A bit slow for waiter to take my dinner order, but this is a bar, and I chose not to drink, and he did approach me quickly about if I wanted a drink. Will return and this time to drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tryst is fine for drinks & slidersrebucfanVIPDined on 8/8/2014Tryst is fine for drinks & sliders. That's about it.Special Features:
- Good food/cocktails, absurd pricesMattDined on 8/1/2014Food and cocktails were delicious and eclectic, though sometimes to the point that they seemed to lack focus. As if to say, how much can we throw on this slider, plate, etc to make it sound fancy and unusual. My wife and I are adventurous eaters but we avoided some of the items on the menu that seemed odd for oddness sake. What we did have was tasty but not as good as similar fare in Tampa proper (e.g. Datz, Refinery, Ela's, Rooster & Til, Boca) and was way more expensive. Menu online is incorrect: majority is >$20 with many dishes from small plates to entrees that are >$35. This is fine if quality parallels price, but -on our visit- quality was good but inferior to aforementioned eclectic dining locales nearby.Special Features:
- A Tuesday Night in St Pete !YodaDined on 7/15/2014Tryst i know for a while , but only on Week ends , i decide to go over there for my friend's bday on Tuesday , was kind of slow , maybe because of the weather but infact get busier quick , we have a lovely dinner and time , she was very pleased to had dinner at Tryst .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service a PlusRaysfanDined on 7/5/2014Our first visit and we enjoyed it very much. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. It is a small place with hard surfaces, so noisy, but not overbearing.Special Features:
- Outstanding for special eventsKindselfDined on 6/28/2014Celebrated my Bday dinner there and it was just great service, great food, great crowd and overall a great time! Cant wait for my next event -- will RVSP at Tryst for sure! ERSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2014Went for Ladies night and had lots of fun. Great half off drinks and select appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 87 reviews are from the Tryst - St Petersburg reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014I have been here before and always thought the drinks were great so I decided to take my sister here while she was in town. I wasn't impressed with the menu and probably won't be back for dinner again.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchSteveVIPDined on 5/11/2014Nice holiday brunch. Not much to choose from for breakfast, but their typical menu is interesting and eclectic. Nice selections and flavors on the cheese board. Baja Tacos were just average delicately fried chunks of Mahi laid atop tortillas with guacamole. A pile of Ahi Tuna chunks nestled aside sesame nacho chips and decorated with Asian Love sauce was quite tasty. The cocktails were adequate. Perfect location on the sidewalk of Beach Drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceabelleDined on 5/10/2014Seated right away outside with dinamic ambience, music and lots of people. Service just ok not great and food was very good and original.Special Features:
- Great spotGD1213Dined on 5/10/2014The food was excellent. We ordered a few different appetizers which were great. Service was very good also. Waiter was attentive and made sure we did not wait for refills etc.. Also liked the atmosphere. Live DJ outside was a nice touch. We sat inside and the noise level was perfect. Could listen to the music and still able to have a conversation without yelling. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but okLuv2dineDined on 5/6/2014Food was just ok, but I loved the ambiance. I think the food is pricey and not a lot of choices on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceJMacDined on 4/30/2014Very nice selection of beer and wine. Small menu but carries some unique options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out!!!SASADined on 3/30/2014Everything was perfect! Especially, Heidi our waitress... very refreshing yet totally adorable and attentive! Best beer in town... Actually has Storm King! Fantastic wine!! Food... oh my goodness... melt in your mouth burgers! Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrific serviceDowntownerDined on 3/23/2014The food was very good and the service even better. Our server was very friendly, attentaive and knowledgable. Energenic atmosphere and the outside dining was excellent for "people watching".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed our dinner!MaureenDined on 3/22/2014The service was fantastic! The beer menu was slightly intimidating but our server helped us narrow down our choices until we found the perfect brew. Restaurant was very quiet and empty until about 8pm~then the crowd came in! I had the cheese ravioli with shrimp and it was rich and flavorful and more than I could eat in one sitting. Hubby had the rib-eye which was less amazing. The steak was slightly overcooked and actually kind of bland-we wondered if that was why we were given 3 different sauces to dip it in. Would like to see another cut of meat offered because although we like a nice marbled steak, this one was really mostly fat and had little meat on it. Overall, great experience and I would recommend a visit.Special Features:
- Superb ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/21/2014WONDERFUL waitor. We were a group of 5. One of the ladies ordered a salad, which was brought out too early and before any one else had received their food (by about 20 minutes). As an "I'm sorry" they gave us a round of shots. Very nice! Will definitely return here.Special Features:
- Tryst: great cocktail baresc0823Dined on 2/15/2014Tryst has great décor, a cool vibe that is amped up with a live DJ on the weekends, and great seating outside on the sidewalk along Beach Drive. Their drink menu is good: imaginative cocktails, an extensive beer selection, and a decent wine list. I definitely recommend Tryst for cocktails, conversation, and maybe an appetizer. I would also definitely go somewhere else for dinner. The food is unimaginative and the quality is disappointing.. the panzanella caprese salad: had more soggy croutons than any other ingredient. and only two pieces of tomato in the entire dish. The service was friendly, but poor: most memorable was the bus person who put a dirty plate from another table on our table while she gathered our plates.Special Features:
- Good food. Reservations aren'tLateNYEPartyDined on 2/14/2014Good food. Reservations aren't helpful when it comes to table location. We got stuck outside in the cold.Special Features:
- Outstanding all the way aroundKristyDined on 2/14/2014We had an amazing time, we were there for Valentine's Day and both of us had the 4 course dinner. We were first greeted by the host, and he was very personable. The food was awesome and the service was impeccable! All of the staff was very friendly and attentive. The music was slightly loud, but this did not damper our experience whatsoever. I would highly recommend this gastro pub to anyone! The chef is very creative and skilled at plating. We will definitely go back next time we are in St. Petersburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feeling special on a busy nightDickDined on 2/14/2014We made a last minute reservation on Valentine's Day. We were greeted as though we were their only guests. Service was swift but unobtrusive. Drinks were excellent, and all the courses of food were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and funJillyjillVIPDined on 1/19/2014The food was quite good, but don't expect a quiet dinner. Tryst is more of a bar that serves food, so the music is a bit loud and the lighting a bit dim for a traditional dinner--but that makes it a great bar! The decor is very cool, the drinks are excellent, and the music is great. The salads were fresh and delicious and the main dishes were huge (and very tasty), but it is also a little pricey--not awful, but not a budget place either. I would suggest Tryst as a great bar with great beverages and decent outdoor seating in St. Petersburg.Special Features:
- fladinerfladinerDined on 1/13/2014Extensive beer list: Food menu very limited in fact we could only find an appetizer that was to our liking. actually it was very tasty. It's too bad the dinner menu is so limited.
- Great WingsgoodeatsVIPDined on 12/26/2013The Chicken Wings with habenero were awesome - good heat and good flavor!Special Features:
- Great food, lively atmosphereCallieDined on 12/14/2013We loved the delicious duck spring rolls, risotto balls with marinara sauce and crab cake sliders for appetizers. My husband called the Morning Glory Angus Prime Burger, "The best burger in town". Our friend loved the Vegan Burger as well. The Grouper sandwich was fresh, cooked perfectly and tasty. If it's a nice evening, sit outside. Inside can be noisy if you want to talk. The service was wonderful. Several different staff members checked on how we were enjoying our food during the meal and if we needed refreshers on drinks. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant timeAyeshaVIPDined on 11/16/2013My boyfriend and I enjoyed ourselves. The energy was lively and our server attentive. We particularly enjoyed the crème brulee.Special Features:
- Good food and atmosphere butjencraig10VIPDined on 11/15/2013Good food and atmosphere but very loud. I would say more of a bar atmosphere with good music. Hard to hear if you are wanting to dine and visit. There is also outside seating and lounges that are cozy. Our waiter was very good but we found it interesting that he kept bringing us drinks without us even asking - that would be fine if it was non-alcoholic but alcohol I don't think that should be done. Plus we might want a different drink and then he would have to take it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and extensive beer list.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2013The food is fresh and very well presented. The beer menu should satisfy everyone. This was a second visit and certainly not the last. The pork chop entrée was excellent with perfectly matched sides.Special Features:
- Fabulous CocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/1/2013We sampled multiple cocktails and they were all well crafted. Small plates were awesome. We sat inside and loved the decor. Really hopping patio as well. If we lived in St.Pete we would be here all he time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyEatsDined on 10/18/2013My party shared an appetizer and had entrees and drinks. Everything was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hmm...NancyBVIPDined on 10/14/2013A friend suggested we try Tryst so we did. It was a lovely evening so we sat outside, which would have been nice, but had a party of smokers next to us. The food was good, though not exceptional, the menu interesting, though limited, and the service was fine. I have no specific complaints, yet don't think it was special enough to warrant another visit. Too many other great places downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outsite lunch.fremelDined on 10/5/2013The food was good, I do not know what the difference in brunch, lunch or normal menu was?????I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Guy's BrunchJTStPeteDined on 9/15/2013I ordered the Steak and Eggs brunch special and it was a ginormous 12 oz. steak with eggs and potatoes on the side. Extremely well cooked, seasoned and excellent sauce. It's great for a real guy's appetite. It's a Guy's Brunch must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outTC17Dined on 9/13/2013Would highly recommend this restaurant, especially for special night out. Limited menu, but food was very good. Great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitbossDined on 9/12/2013we started at bar with jessie as our server she is very pleasant, knowledgeable, friendly & makes a great drink had a good time with her. moved to outside table for dinner where jimmy b took care of us he again is a good server, friendly, knows menu in & out we did have many questions being first timers , and a great sense of humor. we ordered the baha tacos & charcuterie board (meat board) as entrees both were delicious this is a great place to share with each other and the fruit crisp for dessert very good. all in all it was a great first visit but it will not be our last. the entire operation is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It would be nice to be able2244Dined on 9/7/2013It would be nice to be able to sit in an outdoor café and enjoy your meal without smoke pouring in your face from a chain smoker sitting next to you. One of the ways I judge a restaurant is by the bread they serve. Tryst serves none. I was asked how I wanted my salmon cooked. I said I wanted it cooked - not rare. So the waiter said, "So you want it well done." I said, "No, I just don't want it rare." It came out a massacred over cooked piece of salmon. I cook salmon all the time and it comes out beautifully. I did enjoy the Tryst martini!Special Features:
- PriceyTheEagleDined on 9/5/2013The food was okay, but for the money it wasn't close to good enough. The beer list was great, but again more expensive then similar restaurants.Special Features:
- Delicious Plates!AmandaDined on 9/1/2013My husband and I went to order a few plates form their menu. We LOVED everything it was hard to decide which exactly was our favorite from the shrimp flatbread to the tandoori chicken being so tender everything was perfect. We definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.