60 Andrew Young International Boulevard NE
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.truvaatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4045778788x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 2:30 for Lunch
Monday - Friday: 5:00PM - Close for Dinner
Saturday & Sunday: 5:00PM - Close for Dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Nightly entertainment with beautiful belly dancers that snake up and down the restaurant. Take pleasure in Belly Dancers who encourage participation. Sit back, relax and enjoy a variety of techniques engaged by your fellow diners. Everything is geared for compelling and good fun.
- Special Events:
A word from Truva
We at TRUVA are committed to providing you with a comfortable, cozy, unique dining experience that will surpass your expectations. Our main objective is to delight you with the finest Mediterranean cuisine prepared with a fusion. Our exotic décor combined with exceptional service will sweep you away into a place of romance and charisma. Couples, families and single diners will all find a welcoming atmosphere.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Truva reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (9)good for groups (6)romantic (6)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- DancingMoha2Dined on 8/19/2014I hate the dancing The fish wasn't good Adnaa kabab wasn't teasty The chiken kabab was acceptable
- Great service, good foodImaf00dieDined on 8/8/2014The lamb was a little dry but everything else was delicious. The server was very nice and good and we enjoyed the belly-dancer. Not sure why but the place was completely empty on a Friday night. I hope they stick around because I liked the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place rockedGreenAppleLoveDined on 7/12/2014I loved the atmosphere. The only thing is they need more belly dancers.Special Features:
- Standard Mediterranean farepseudandryVIPDined on 7/1/2014The appetizers were standard: the two eggplant appetizers were too similar to have been ordered together, but everything was tasty. They did a great job on their shish kabob meat, however. Well-seasoned, properly cooked, and nice cuts of meat. That was a pleasant surprise. We were too full for dessert, though.Special Features:
- Goo food and ambienceDeepakDined on 6/27/2014Everything amazing , just the drink service a slow as they explain bar at down stairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday to her...HappyBdaydateDined on 6/6/2014My date and I were celebrating her birthday so the choosing fell on me. I wanted a place that would provide a unique dinning and entertainment experience. Truva was the perfect choice for us. She was very pleased from the moment she walked in and all the staff acknowledged her birthday. We were greeted with energy and smiles. The service was great. The belly dancing was an unexpected surprise for my date and the food was fabulous. If you are looking for a different romantic experience ...Give Truva a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check it out!HoustonianinAtlantaDined on 5/10/2014Excellent food - Fresh ingredients/lovely presentation/ great taste plus personable and prompt service! Belly dancing nice treat as add on but would go without this.Special Features:
- The following 126 reviews are from the Truva reviews archive.
- Fun for a DateOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/5/2014Lots of fun! Turkish restaurant, both of us had a whole grilled fish which was amazing. The belly dancer was very good and a ton of fun, great fun personality. Overall was a hit!Special Features:
- We love Turkish food and haveomanderVIPDined on 3/29/2014We love Turkish food and have been looking for a good place in Atlanta. Our food and service was good but not great. The atmosphere was fun, but I don't think we'll be going back.
- A nice change from chain restaurantJay1Dined on 3/14/2014We ate here after noticing it on our walk from the subway station to the Hilton Hotel. Act out the menu online, and all sounded very good. We were a party of six, and decided to share three small plates, or appetizers (meze). When the plate arrived all three appetizers were on one plate. We were initially shocked by that portion size. For $17 we received two small grape leaves, and two ice cream scoop sized portions of hummus. We have to ask for extra vegetables to get in the hummus, along with extra bread. Overall the food is very delicious, before the price the portion sizes were not impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something different in downtown.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2014Truva is a nice alternative in downtown Atlanta. I dined there with friends on Valentine's Day when most other places were totally booked. The atmosphere is comfortable and the staff is cordial although a little amateurish. The Turkish food is competently prepared and well presented, but not at the highest standard one finds in the best Turkish restaurants. Every half hour the music volume is turned up and a skilled belly dancer circles the room. Some will like this and some not. I do recommend the place, but it needs some refinement to get a rave review.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Turkish foodspecialkDined on 2/8/2014In the heart of Atlanta stands this Turkish restaurant. The menu is average size but covers most all of the cuisine of that region. They even have a belly dancer at night. Service is outstanding, the people are friendly and the food i above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant but....DrrobVIPDined on 1/11/2014Hate to say anything negative about a restaurant because of a parking issue, but that is the case with Truva - wish they had a 'second' one outside of downtown where traffic and parking would not be a nightmare....however, the manager was EXTREMELY helpful and courteous when we told him we weren't from out of town, we were 'Atlantans' coming for dinner...he offered his parking spot and then told us where to park in the future -so nice- the food was authentic -the music gets loud when the belly dancer performs but so what, that's entertainment....I would suggest they add specific parking instructions on their website due to the fact that 'locals' might not be familiar with the downtown area....otherwise, enjoyed it immensely and will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchRegularDinerVIPDined on 12/2/2013Tried Truva for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. Food was excellent, atmosphere was beautiful, service was great, prices reasonable. It was a bit quiet and I am not sure why. I will definitely tell others about this little gem and will be back again soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge this by its exteriorKlalibDined on 11/7/2013Excellent food. Music was a little loud when the dancer performed. Overall, great.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/29/2013The food was excellent. I would highly recommend going to this restaurant. The food is amazing. The service is impeccable. Be open and willing to try new dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/3/2013The food was excellent. Reminded me of meals I had in Istanbul. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable and attentive. It was a nice quiet atmosphere that made for a relaxing and enjoyable evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRangrbobDined on 9/1/2013Really nice place. Lamb was amazing. Dancer provided good entertainment. We had a small issue getting seated but with a convention in town it was not a big problem. I recommend this place for their great Mediterranean menus items. Warning the menus I saw on open table had lower prices than you will find in the restaurant. Maybe $5 or so more. They may just need to update. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- I've dined at Truva multiple times,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2013and it never fails to impress me with it's wonderful selection of dishes, welcoming environment, and helpful staff. I always enjoy the food. Truva is accommodating to larger groups as well as smaller, and myself and my friends have never been disappointed. I simply love the current location of the second level of a building in Atlanta; it makes me feel like I'm being transported from the hectic bustle of the city to an inviting haven of tasty food and comfortable surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy and enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2013This was our first time visiting, we'll definitely go back. We had a great time, good service and good food.
- Would dine there againfacetiousyDined on 7/29/2013I noticed they had a good size outdoor dining area and a buffet (which was not open when we went). My spouse and I went on a Monday night and the crowd was quite thin, but we had a great time. Neat decor, belly dancer comes out several times for entertainment. Music fits the theme and is at a good noise level. Food was good, and service was outstanding.
- If you like MediterrainianPR98765Dined on 7/13/2013If you like Mediterrainian Food, you will realy enjoy Truva. The service was very good, and the guys loved the Belly Dancing entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely interesting....TimDWADined on 7/13/2013We went to Truva as it was late in the evening and we were looking for some place close to out hotel. We checked out Open Table and found Truva and it got good ratings and looked like it would be different than the normal food fare. For the most part the review was correct - the food was good, although our group just had appetizers and drinks; the outdoor patio where we ate was decent although it was right on a main road making it a little busy and quite loud. The most interesting part of the dinner was the belly dancer that came out unexpectedly to dance for us every 30 minutes or so... I'm not an expert, but other patrons were enjoying the show, but for us, it wasn't what we expected or what we were interested in watching at dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentBeckyVIPDined on 7/6/2013Arrived at 8:15 PM on a Saturday the place was empty. We had for appetizer the special and to drinks after tasting the food we ask for the check...
- Everything here was great.BradVIPDined on 7/5/2013Everything here was great. The food is different but not so strange that is scares off a diner. There were belly dancers too!Special Features:
- Great lunchRegularDinerVIPDined on 7/1/2013Had not been to Truva in a while and we went for lunch. Food was very tasty and the service was outstanding. I will also say that our server was extremely attractive and friendly. Will definitely be back and would recommend to others.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2013Mediterranean oriented menu. Interior showing its age but clean. Business casual for a relaxed meal. Makes a great alternative to the steak house or traditional white linen upscale restaurant. Featured a live belly dancer which was a fun added touch. Background music when there was no dancer was to loud for casual conversation across the table and we had to request it be turned down. Overall a fun relaxed outing with good flavorful fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - interesting atmospheretnagyDinerDined on 4/7/2013The food here is fantastic!!! The service was great - even though we went at the same time as they had a large event at the restaurant the service was friendly and at a good pace - not too rushed, and not slow at all even with the large party. The one thing I will note is that they do have a belly dancer in the evenings I think and she does approach each table seperately. I was a little shocked that she even approached a table where there was a family with a young girl of about 10 - which I thought was rather in-appropriate. She was a very good performer, though made me slightly uncomfortable. The noise level is nice at the restaurant except when the belly dancer comes up then the music is quite a bit louder.Special Features:
- OUr waiter was from TurkeyFoodDudeVIPDined on 3/2/2013OUr waiter was from Turkey and was very helpful in guiding us through the menu and his recommendations were outstanding. The Kunefe combined with Turkish coffee was a great ending to the meal.Special Features:
- I had to change my reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I had to change my reservation a couple of times and they where very good. Food was 5 star the service was 5 star parking right beside the resturant. The manager spoke to me by name. I definitely would return to try more dishes. Best Lamb chops I ever had.Special Features:
- We have been here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/14/2013We have been here several times over the past 2 years & love the food. It is authentic. The wait staff are very good as well as the decor of the restaurant. The only drawback is they do not have valet parking.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/2/2013Wonderful food and beautiful restaurant. We have enjoyed the food twice, and brought our friends for the second visit. Excellent food and service. Thank you!Special Features:
- good night out for groupOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/30/2013Staff was very attentive and efficient, great atmosphere and food.Special Features:
- This is good restaurant withBigEDined on 1/19/2013This is good restaurant with an interesting atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. ServiceJillDined on 1/14/2013Food was excellent. Service very good. Restaurant was a little long in the tooth and the belly dancer showed up too many times with loud music--making it difficult to carry on a conversation.
- Good food, good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/12/2013Good food, good atmosphere however belly dancer and extremely loud music accompaniment tend to be somewhat invasive to dining experience.Special Features:
- The server was extremely good,Traveller22Dined on 1/12/2013The server was extremely good, attentive, courteous, and professional-it seems like ambiance or environment la king something It wasnt very busy, which is surprising for a Saturday night, and there's thousands of people in d Area for the conventions.Special Features:
- Good experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/3/2012Great food and service. Grace was an excellent server and provided good suggestions for food selection. .
- We really enjoyed our meal,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2012We really enjoyed our meal, but when the belly dancer started her routine, the sounds system was so loud that we could not continue the conversation. Perhaps that was intentional, but the music was almost deafening. On the plus side, the staff and the owner/chef is very attentive, the food is great and we had a very pleasant evening.
- Maybe we went on the wrong12yrerTKDined on 10/27/2012Maybe we went on the wrong Saturday night, because there was no on there. The belly dancer was the highlight of the noise.