Trump National Golf Club
One Trump National Dr
Palos Verdes, CA 90275Neighborhood:
Rancho Palos Verdes / Rolling Hills Estates
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Trump National Golf Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trumpnationallosangeles.com/
- Phone: (310) 303-3260
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am -11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10am-2:30pm. $74.95 per person excludes tax and gratuity(excludes Holiday Brunch) **All Afternoon Tea Reservations must be made via phone: 310-303-3260 48 hours in advance. *Web Reservations for Afternoon Tea will not be honored*
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jean-Pierre Vincent
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Trump Room is available for parties and corporate events of 20 to 100 people. It is the most elegant room in the facility, with 14 carat gold trim, and a panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean. It is perfect for small celebrations, and offers privacy and elegance to any occasion!
- Private Party Contact: Louis Estrada 3103033218x218
- Special Events: Our monthly calendar has all events and special functions for the upcoming year.
Don't miss out on your amazing wine dinners, brunches or Daily specials.
Get more information about Trump National Golf Club
Make a reservation at Trump National Golf Club
A word from Trump National Golf Club
Café Pacific at Trump National Golf Club is the premiere dining destination in Los Angeles. Located on the bluffs of Rancho Palos Verdes, we provide world-class California Cuisine complemented by stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. Offering “the finest dining in Los Angeles” according to The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences, our seasonal menus offer such variety as fresh seafood, wood-fired steaks, and fragrant pasta and vegetable dishes. And finally, to complete your culinary experience, our Sommelier has compiled the finest wine list in Southern California and our Pastry Chef provides the perfect, delectable final touch. Come enjoy the cuisine, service, casual elegance, and ambiance that have cemented the Trump brand as the foremost luxury experience in the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Trump National Golf Club - Best Restaurants in Rancho Palos Verdes / Rolling Hills Estates ›
Trump National Golf Club reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (30)special occasion (25)romantic (18)great for brunch (15)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (14)good for groups (12)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Truly Excellent FoodDianaLHHVIPDined on 11/24/2014On this occasion we went for the Monday night seafood buffet. It was outstanding. The qualify of their fish is unbelievable. The smoked salmon (3 different varieties) was to die for. Shrimp pasta was superb (and I don't even like cream sauces). The dessert selection was nothing special so we ordered dessert from the menu and it too was excellent. Like everything at Trumps, it was pricey but worth the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014It was my birthday and I was treated like a queen. The waiter had full knowledge of the menu and described the food so beautifully that I was torn between two dishes. We decided to leave it to the chef. It was delicious and had a beautiful presentation and was superbly paired with a wine. The manager came over to wish me a happy birthday. Later the chef also came over to wish me a happy birthday. During dessert which was on the house, the musician played happy birthday song for me. It was such a splendid evening and the food was fantastic! We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieYLDined on 11/9/2014Went for brunch. Pricey but worth the splurge. Gorgeous view, delicious food, and excellent service. What more could you ask for. Harpist playing during the meal is a lovely touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stick to Brunch In My OpinionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We've been here for brunch before and it was really good. Dinner? Eh... my wife and I wanted to try something more local. I probably should have stuck to the reviews on Yelp - but you have to live and learn. The service was top notch. The waiter and staff were extremely attentive. Maybe I just made a bad choice with ordering the salmon - but it was like mush. I didn't like it at all. I also ordered the ahi tartar for appetizer. The portion size was huge - but once again, it was like mush. Ground ahi in fact. I'm used to slices of ahi with avacado. Something on those lines. This was like a big can of cat food turned up side down. My wife had the chicken which she liked. Overall I doubt I would return for dinner.Special Features:
- Not worth itNakaDined on 11/2/2014The service was impeccable however the food left a lot to be desired. We had grouper that was described as being roasted but the texture felt and tasted like it was pan fried. The Caesar salad was basically tasteless and watery. The only thing that was fabulous was the dessert. We ate there last time when the fine dining was upstairs. Everything, including the food was fabulous and a beautifully presented. The Caesar salad was the full leaf of romaine standing straight up wrapped in a Parmesan holder! I'm not a picky person ever and I don't mind spending a lot on dinner.......only if it's worth it. We were very disappointed and would be ashamed to recommend it to our out-of-town guests. I know the ad says world class dining. Not so.Special Features:
- Great view!OnesyDined on 10/22/2014I've dined at Trump on numerous occasions, generally for lunch, and the food is good. The locations/view is awesome. The service is very good as well. The food is on the pricey side but doable especially on a clear, sunny day with a window seat (although you have a view from basically anywhere in the restaurant). I prefer the more casual clubhouse side vs. the dining room. Also, the lemon drop martini is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014All ten of my friends had a terrific time at my birthday luncheon. The food, service, setting was exceptional. It made my birthday one of the best ever! Thank you so much. ElaineSpecial Features:
- A View To RememberEllenBeeDined on 10/1/2014In addition to creative cuisine and attentive service, you'd be hard pressed to beat the view from the Trump National Golf Course. The cliffs and endless ocean are a fitting backdrop to the carefully conceived and executed cuisine, the fine spirits and the desserts which are mini works of art. A comfortable and refined room in which the diner is transported to a kinder, gentler time when fine dining was truly fine. A lovely and tasty place to while away an afternoon or evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, As AlwaysJanRPVDined on 9/25/2014I don't know how many "special occasions" we have spent in the Trump dining room. It is always good all the way around. Great Martinis, great service, nice atmosphere. We love that the tables are large and well spaced so the evening is very private. We split their famous calamari, a Caesar salad, and the Seafood Tower... good combo. They have a nice "wine by the glass" selection, too! Love the wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeDivaDined on 9/24/2014We celebrated a birthday with a luncheon. All of us had exceptional food, and the service equalled the food. We will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming a favorite placeMV90274Dined on 9/16/2014Stunning, elegant service. From the young men that valet the car and open the front door to the staff that greets you. The food is perfect, the service perfect, and drinks strong and traditionally good. View is wonderful. Just a great night.Special Features:
- Highly recommend Sunday BrunchLymalaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Fabulous! Beautiful setting, fantastic service, dozens of gourmet food choices. Great for special occasions. Class all the way!Special Features:
- BREAKFAST @ TIFFANY'S ? UH ER TRUMPDAISYVIPDined on 9/6/2014I HAD THE MOST WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE WITH MY VERY "FIRST" BREAKFAST AT TRUMP NATIONAL GOLF CLUB --- BEEN HERE MANY TIMES FOR DINNER & LUNCH --- RYAN, MY VERY CUTE AND COMPETENT WAITER WAS GENTLE FOR MY "FIRST" TIME IN THE MORNING --- AT TRUMP FOR BREAKFAST THAT IS --- WAS HERE WITH A MOTHER AND A DAUGHTER FOR THE DAUGHTER'S 14th BIRTHDAY ! RYAN PRESENTED THE YOUNG WOMAN WITH A MARVELOUS DESSERT TO CELEBRATE ! LOVELY TIME... I WANT TO COME BACK AND TRY THE "IRISH" OATMEAL NEXT TIME --- A GREAT WAY TO START THE DAY !Special Features:
- Breat Brunch!RobertDined on 8/31/2014I wasn't expecting a buffet, but that's OK. I'll continue my diet tomorrow. The made-to-order omelet was excellent. There was also a great variety of shellfish, salmon, and other goodies. The prime rib was excellent. Last, but not least, the desserts were superb. The wait staff was prompt and attentive. Of course, the ocean view from my table was spectacular. Outside, there were paths above the cliffs for me to walk it all off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go, don't hesitate!beckyDined on 8/29/2014You will really enjoy thee food, service, bar and the spectacular view. This is one of our very favorite places. Caters to formal and casual events. Hits all the marks. Birthdays and Anniversaries are always fun and you receive a special treat.Special Features:
- Favorite place to eat1MaryVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is a great restaurant with Donald Trump's former private chef. There are special menus many nights and the prices are in line with other good restaurants. The food, ambiance, wait staff and view can't be beat.Special Features:
- FrontofHouseDined on 8/27/2014Lobster was fantastic, attentive service, great drinks, friendly wait staff and senic view of Catalina island. Highly recommended for dinner, lunch, drinks or a snack. Three hours dinner went by fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could do moreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014This is the second time I made a reservation for a birthday celebration and the second time is not addressed by the server. The resteraunt went from packing my leftovers to giving me a container to do it myself. The only reason I continue to dine is because of my husband, he likes it for his birthday.Special Features:
- Fantasic Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/10/2014The food selection and quality of the brunch was excellent. One of the best brunch I have been to. The ocean views, interior décor, seating, champagne, and service were also excellent. The only issue was the front reception, told us to wait a few minutes and then totally forgot about us. I noticed they starting seating new arrivals ahead of us so I checked back in and they asked me for my name again. We were seated soon after this. Putting this one issue aside, this is the best brunch I have been to and would definitely return!Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseluvsweetsDined on 8/5/2014I picked this restaurant for a very special occasion. The reviews were excellent and I was not disappointed. The food although pricey was beautifully presented n delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreateldarDined on 8/4/2014Great food, great view, great service!! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 624 reviews are from the Trump National Golf Club reviews archive.
- Wow! Awesome view and great foodNatashaVIPDined on 7/26/2014First time diner during dinela week, the view is breath taking!! Perfect date night! Drinks are strong and the food is delish!! The tuna tartare is so yummy!! The salmon and sea bass are also yummy dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only nice thing is the viewFoodieGirlDined on 7/26/2014Didn't really expect much. Food was just ok- nothing special. Service was terrible.Special Features:
- Bruch Buffet!AshleyPDined on 7/20/2014Bit pricy but they do have oyster! Love the killer view! Bottomless mimosas for brunch! Can't resist it.Special Features:
- Always fabulous, NEVER disappoints.LymalaVIPDined on 7/20/2014Sunday brunch is definitely a special occasion outing. Huge selection of gourmet food, free flowing sparkling wine, attentive service and gorgeous surroundings. Can't ask for more than that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golfers LoungeTime4DinnerDined on 7/19/2014We ate dinner in the golfers lounge and watched the British Open. What a great dining experience. From the congenial hostesses to the professional waiter everything was perfect! The food was exceptional too! The head chef even took a moment to chat with us. I highly recommend this restaurant! Great place to golf or hike the trails too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014I had been in this restaurant many times. Food and Service are getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, staff ad locationbeckyDined on 7/18/2014What a gem, they have the best servers, but I miss Marciel, the Maitre d, he was aa hugh asset....bring him back! The chef is very accomodating and the bartenders are great. Love the receptionists too ad don't forget the valets....super...bring your car as you walk out!!!! My favorite servers are Craig and Ryan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LUNCH SERVERS NEED MORE TRAINING...DAISYVIPDined on 7/17/2014WILL I BE DINING ALONE AT TRUMP NATIONAL --- THE REST OF MY LIFE --- AT "LUNCH" HERE OR WILL HARVEY, MY DARLING...THE RESTAURANT MANAGER --- "CRACK THE WHIP" ??? DINED HERE ON JULY 17th with SAME FRIEND, AS USUAL --- FOR OUR LUNCHES AT TRUMP --- SHE DRIVES UP FROM LAGUNA BEACH --- SERVICE AT LUNCH HAS BEEN COMPROMISED AT TRUMP NATIONAL... WAITER ACTUALLY "MOTIONED" TO MY PAL TO GIVE HIM HER EMPTY PLATE --- AND NOT THE SAME ATTENTION TO DETAIL AS THE "DINNER" CREW... I MAY HAVE A DIFFICULT TIME TALKING HER INTO DRIVING UP AND LUNCHING HERE AGAIN...SHAME --- I LIKE THE PLACE AND I ADORE HARVEY, THE MANAGER...XXX 000
- Delicious Food/Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2014We had a great experience and opted for the dineLA menu. All the meals arrived with great presentation and we didn't have to wait long at all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014This was my first time here as well as my sister's. We were seated at a window over looking people going in and out of the bathroom and a bunch of tree. We didn't have a view of the ocean or the landscape but this time I was already disappointed and didn't even want to order any food. The decore of the celing was beautiful though, the waitress was good as well. Now to the food, the calamari was very delicious as well as the ahi tuna, the beer marinated skirt steak was not that great even the fish and fries were better than it. I would not come here again, I have a future reservation here which I will be canceling due to the view of our seating.
- Girls lunchTime4DinnerDined on 7/2/2014I went to Trump for a girls luncheon. The view is spectacular overlooking a grass park, the ocean and views of Catalina Island. The ambience is quiet, great for conversations and the service is 5 star. I highly recommend this location especially for out of town guests. Take adrive around the peninsula for added pleasure!Special Features:
- A must try Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014Folks, if you haven't tried this place as of yet, do yourself a favor and try it now! This place is outstanding for view and ambiance. There are virtually few other restaurants in the South Bay, anywhere, that compare to the Trump for a great view and general good vibes. The food is great and the service is outstanding (as indicated!). In addition, the wine list is extensive and showcases a great variance in wines from around the world. Further, the wines are reasonably priced as compared to other restaurants that often mark wines up to the 500% realm...out of control!Special Features:
- Wonderful serviceRahproVIPDined on 6/14/2014Service could not have been better He checked on us with each course to make sure it was good? Then je would step away and leave us until it seemed the very moment we needed help. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Trump is terrific!1MaryVIPDined on 6/6/2014This is the best restaurant in the South Bay area. The food, ambience and service are all outstanding. The wine list is extensive and has many great wines. The staff are always very efficient and friendly. I recommend this restaurant to everyone who is willing to pay more to get the very best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great forspecial occasion , but....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014I came here for Sunday brunch and for some special occasion. I just have to say, they do not have good "meat" prim rib tasted like rubber, chiken was too hard, shedded beef has no taste. Theya have good sea food but NOT meat. If you want eat meat, this is not a place. They have great Sunday brunch though.Special Features:
- Love this placeJannVIPDined on 5/23/2014This is such a great place to go for a quiet, beautiful dinner - complete with very quiet classical guitar music! Dinner was really delicious - I had the chicken, and it was not boring, and the caprese salad was fabulous. Great Service, beautiful view, ambiance over the top! I love coming here. One suggesition, however - they should put at least ONE table for two by a window for a better view point. Just an idea.Special Features:
- Dine2drinkDine2drinkDined on 5/15/2014It was a very nice experience! I had been there before for lunch but never for dinner. The views are breath taking and very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRahproVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food and view is worth every penny Love service and treatment by staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic DinnerTime4DinnerDined on 5/5/2014My husband and I and another couple went to Trump's for dinner on Cinco De Mayo just before sunset. We were in a rush because our friends had a plane to catch. Normally, we would like to dine there with no time constraint. The waiter was very quick and efficient. We ordered the special for the evening with a delicious assortment of mexican foods. The dessert was the perfect ending! The view of the ocean and golf course are spectacular! Even though the dining experience was 5 star, I prefer to go before sunset to enjoy the views as well!Special Features: