Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston
5350 Westheimer Rd.
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.trulucks.com/
- Phone: 7137837270x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 4:00pm-6:00pm
Dining Room Hours:
Monday - Thursday, 11:00am - 10:00pm.
Friday, 11:00am - 11:00pm.
Saturday, 12:00pm - 11:00pm.
Sunday, 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Wubbena
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: For fabulous parties, lasting memories and none of the stress, choose Truluck’s for your next event. Our Naples Room accommodates up to 50 seated guests or 60 for a cocktail reception. The entire restaurant is available for up to 260 guests. Truluck’s is the perfect place for corporate dinners, birthday parties, anniversary celebrations, rehearsal dinners and more. The Naples Room features a dedicated service staff, private kitchen and your very own chef.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Hearn 7137837270x
- Entertainment: Live piano bar entertainment nightly starting at 5:30 p.m.
A word from Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston
We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (45)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (32)notable wine list (32)great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (14)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great ServiceServiceDined on 8/29/2014Our waitrase Was fantastic!! Food was ok. Asked for well done steak and parts where charcoal. Next time I will get the medium well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerKatedidVIPDined on 8/19/2014Three of us celebrated a birthday in our group several days ago. Seafood was excellent. one of us is salt restricted and that wasn't a problem. great service.Special Features:
- NiksPicksDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant staff was very accomodating and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPickyDined on 8/8/2014I enjoyed my dinner and the food was excellent...a great ambiance that could be suitable for various occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014The food was delicious and we had great service. We have been here several times and it is always amazing.Special Features:
- Total fanfoodiefan27Dined on 8/5/2014Had a great time the whole night was so relaxing and a great change from the ordinary! Can't wait for our next visit. The Sea bass was a true palate pleaser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great value1stTimerDined on 8/2/2014While the ambience was quite nice, I amnot sure it was a good value for my (many) dollars. The service was okay, the food was (just) okay, but the price was double what I can find nearby....with usually better food. I was somewhat disappointed as I was expecting "one of the best places in town". It wasn't. I would find it hard to recommend it to my friends as "the best".
- Always exceeds our expectations!JennJVIPDined on 7/31/2014My husband I and enjoy going to Trulucks for dinner, but we decided to go for lunch. Our server was wonderful. We had the private seating in the back-perfect to people watch and the food was delicious as always. We always try something new and we love it every time!!Special Features:
- Stone Crab Claws!karenpeachDined on 7/28/2014that is why we go. they are fresh and delicious. The mustard sauce is fabulous. they ARE expensive, but when you love them...especially when you can't get them where you live...you are willing to pay for them! The lobster bisque is also delicious!Special Features:
- Flaming DessertSA2HOUDined on 7/26/2014First time at Truluck's and it was a great experience. Our server Enrique was very attentive, but not over the top where he interrupted our conversation the whole evening. The food was amazing. We had steak and king crab. Very fresh. It was a special occasion and the birthday girl got a flaming chocolate dessert with a side of ice cream. A nice way to end the experience. I thought it was going to be a little more upscale as a whole. Possibly a dress code but people were there in shorts and t-shirts. That was the only down side to the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OHHOTDAMNOHHOTDAMNVIPDined on 7/26/2014SURPRISINGLY WE WERE THERE FOR OUR 4:00 P.M. RESERVATIONS ON SATURDAY, YET OUR SERVER ROSE SEEMED RUSHED!!! EVERYTHING SHE SAID TO US WAS…I'LL GET IT OR CHECK "IN A HURRY!" IT WASN'T THAT MANY PEOPLE THERE, YET OUR NORMAL SERVER ROSE, WAS QUITE RUSHED AND SHE PREFACED MOST REQUESTS WITH "IN A HURRY!" THE ORIGINAL BASKET OF BREAD BROUGHT TO OUR TABLE WAS FROM THE DAY BEFORE. THE BREAD WAS EXTREMELY HARD AND NOT FRESH. A BIT SURPRISED AT OUR OVERALL EXPERIENCE AT TRULUCK'S ON SATURDAY. IT DIDN'T LIVE UP TO MY NORMAL EXPERIENCE AT TRULUCK'SSpecial Features:
- Consistently GoodRestaurateurDined on 7/22/2014Trulucks is one of those restaurants that you can count on each visit for great service, a good environment and good food. A little on the pricey side but it's well worth it. This restaurant has been within my top ten list of restaurants in the City for a long time running. I've never had a bad experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe a Off night for themOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014This was the first time I have taking my wife to eat at Truluck's in Houston and the host treated us like we didn't belong in the restaurant. We show up at 9:25pm for a 9:30pm reservation and was told that we need to wait for seating closer to our time. Didn't say you can wait in the bar or we are running a little behind. We did get seated around 9:34pm and then waited for our waiter to talk to us for about 10 minutes. We did order and the food was outstanding as always. I've had a lot of business dinners with great service at Truluck's. So this hopefully was a off night for them.Special Features:
- SchlumbergerDined on 7/18/2014This is the perfect place for a quiet intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinner gone badhapidinerDined on 7/17/2014The restaurant was so loud that our server commented that she'd never had it be so tough to hear. Three of us were in a banquet and could not carry on a normal conversation. Outstandin tea collection though the French Press leaked all over the table. The crab was tasteless, the Steak Dynamite was well prepared but had too many flavors. One of my guests did not finish her soup or fish. Dessert waas amazing but too little, too late.
- Business LunchBellairefoodguyDined on 7/16/2014The service was very good. Turluck's servicers allowed us to discuss business without them constantly interrupting us to order. The food was good but not outstanding. I had the Salmon with their house salad. I would order the same again, the salad was very good. I did not order the Crab legs since I believe they are out of season, therefore they would not be fresh. Next time I go I am going to try their shrimpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionBirthdayDined on 7/9/2014Trulucks - Thank you for the great service and food, Anytime I have or want to go somewhere special I can count on Trulucks the best steaks and seafood. The desserts are outstanding as well.Special Features:
- Second review of TrulucksButchDined on 7/8/2014We were a group of four celebrating a birthday. We all had the stone crab (from California this time of year). The crab and sides were enjoyed by all. The waiter brought a complementary flaming dessert that was appreciated. Service was a little slow as times but the waiting was very busy covering a lot of tables. He was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. We will certainly return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hospitality and Great SeafoodKennyGDined on 7/6/2014We had my wife's birthday dinner there because she loves to eat crabs and shrimps. Large crab craws and jumbo Alaskan King Crabs were great. She enjoyed and appreciated my selection of the place for dinner. We will come back soon.Special Features:
- Good but issuesZr2SteveDined on 7/5/2014Ambience was good and the service was too! The sea bass I ordered had an ammonia taste to it which means the fish was not fresh. My wife's seafood (red fish) was excellent, but the side of grilled asparagus was pretty burnt and stringy. For the price of the dinners, the food should have been of better quality. We were out for a romantic evening and would've liked to have stayed for dessert and coffee, however there was a very young child at the table next to us who was not behaving and crying so the experience was not there for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommend to anyoneJudgeDined on 7/4/2014Excellent Service and the Meal was wonderful. From time we entered until we finished (over 3 hours), we were treated the way you expect to be taken care of in a finer restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian Tofu & Salmon SaladWorldFoodieDined on 7/2/2014The vegetarian menu item sounded delicious so took a chance. Sadly the menu did not describe it as loaded with jalapenos which made the dish impossible to eat even though I do not mind spicy food. But when the heat over powers the rest of the dish - its not worthy of finishing. The tofu was was well prepared though. My associate had the salmon salad where the salmon was well prepared and seasoned but the salad was drowning in dressing. Advise ordering the dressing on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and charmingJackiejoDined on 6/28/2014Best steak in Houston!! Everything was delicious and the service is charming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014Great food, great service, very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to celebrateTravelingguyDined on 6/20/2014We scheduled our anniversary dinner here. It was great. We went early and sat at the bar to drink and enjoy the excellent entertainment. From the time we were seated we were served and greeted by the staff. Bryan our waiter could not have been more accommodating or attentive. This will be the top choice for special events. In addition all food items we ordered were outstanding. But that is a given. It was the service that made this special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Seafood in HoustonZorro47VIPDined on 6/19/2014Dinning at Truluck's has been - always - a good experience. The service was polite and professional, and the wine list more than acceptable - they could improve though to include more Sauvignon Blanc (goes great with stone crab. They have reduced the size of the scallops they serve. Nice bar and good ambiance.Special Features:
- Great experiencelunchbunchhouston14Dined on 6/18/2014Service was perfect. Food delicious. Reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply awesomefishfreakDined on 6/17/2014This is the second time I've been to Truluck's and both times I had the miso glazed Chilean sea bass. I've never had a piece of fish melt in my mouth like this did, and the appetizers were great as well. They have an excellent wine list and the desserts were as delicious as they were large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place for Business LunchOkieboatDined on 6/17/2014Combines great atmosphere with high quality food and service. While you can order a full meal you can also just get a light, yet filling lunch meal at a reasonable price. very good atmosphere to conduct a business lunch. Wait staff is attentive, yet does not continually interrupt your conversation.Special Features:
- Delicious SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Nice ambiance in the restaurant portion, a bit loud in the bar side but nice with live entertainment. Parking difficult unless you are early, otherwise valet is required. Valet attendants are very courteous, and fee is tip as you wish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 49th anniversaryanniDined on 6/12/2014We really enjoyed the evening. We live in Conroe but it was worth the drive and would return for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!lilhog72Dined on 6/10/2014Steak special that evening was one of the best I've ever had. Other diners in group were equally pleased with their fish selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!RUSSDined on 6/8/2014The red king crab are very nice! Service amazing as usual. Tried the stone crab claws and liked them, but don't skip the king crab! It's my favorite thing to get at Truluck's.Special Features:
- DelightedSatisfiedDined on 6/4/2014My husband and I were having an early lunch with friends in a fairly secluded booth. The food selection was good and the service was great. We enjoyed our meal and the ability to visit with our friends without too high level of noise volume. Lynda RaglandSpecial Features:
- OverratedRobTheFoodGuyDined on 6/3/2014This restaurant used to be phenomenal. The last three times we've been, it was a huge disappointment. I'm afraid they've lost it for good.Special Features:
- Great foodsJessDined on 5/31/2014Great and unique foods in Houston area. Love the sauce used for crab legs.Special Features:
- The salmon was so delicious.JerryDined on 5/30/2014Best caesar salad we've ever had. The waiter (Brian) was the best. All-in-all a wonderful evening! Thank youSpecial Features:
- BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2014Trulucks always comes thru for our special occasions....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Ambiance!diningperfectDined on 5/24/2014The service and ambiance was exceptional. The wine was stimulating and served its purpose. The lobster soup served as appetizer was awesome. It was very flavorful and tasty. I ordered the Red-fish Pontchartrain. It came not as warm as I would have liked it. It wasn't heated enough. The dish was well prepared and fresh. However, I have had better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatFoodieWomanDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant always has great food and great service. Anytime you can, I suggest you run to Truluck's!Special Features: