Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston
5350 Westheimer Rd.
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.trulucks.com/
- Phone: 7137837270x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 4:00pm-6:00pm
Dining Room Hours:
Monday - Thursday, 11:00am - 10:00pm.
Friday, 11:00am - 11:00pm.
Saturday, 12:00pm - 11:00pm.
Sunday, 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Wubbena
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: For fabulous parties, lasting memories and none of the stress, choose Truluck’s for your next event. Our Naples Room accommodates up to 50 seated guests or 60 for a cocktail reception. The entire restaurant is available for up to 260 guests. Truluck’s is the perfect place for corporate dinners, birthday parties, anniversary celebrations, rehearsal dinners and more. The Naples Room features a dedicated service staff, private kitchen and your very own chef.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Hearn 7137837270x
- Entertainment: Live piano bar entertainment nightly starting at 5:30 p.m.
A word from Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston
We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)romantic (51)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (43)good for groups (38)great for lunch (30)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (20)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- StephenDined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating the birthday of my girlfriend. She had no idea I had invited all her friends. The staff a Truluck's played the part and made her experience a great surprise! Food was wonderful and we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & ServiceStaceyMDined on 10/12/2014We had an awesome celebratory dinner. The food was fantastic the service was beyond compare. Just an wonderful overall experience.Special Features:
- Date night perfect!GoodbrandDined on 10/10/2014Love the restaurant but there is something about eating wonderful food accompanied by wonderful live music in the bar! We have even stopped in at lunch time just to share desserts with a group of friends, instead of a birthday cake! My husband is a steak man and as he doesn't like fish, I like to eat it when we are out! I normally have crab if there is not a special I fancy! He always asks for pepper sauce even though its not on the menu, they serve it and it is outstanding! I like that they maintain a good standard, while also being accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The is the best place in HoustonTrulacks5starVIPDined on 10/9/2014Best sea food in Houston and the servies 10/10 all the waiters nice and very nice. I love the food I love the stuff it's just very Nice! I never ever give any restaurant 5 star but I give Trulacks 5 star because the are 5 star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineDined on 10/8/2014This was my first visit to Truluck's, a surprise dinner for my husband's 65th birthday. What an absolutely devine experience!! The ambiance is perfect for a special occasion and can turn a casual evening into a special occasion. The Miso-Glazed Seabass is peerless among seafood dishes and the single most wonderful dish on the planet! The Blackened Redfish Pontchartrain is awesome. The key lime pie is the best in the land. The service was unsurpassed from the wait staff to the valet. Our evening was perfect and we can't wait to go back for no special reason other than to enjoy the food and the great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealJandRDined on 10/5/2014We went to Trulucks to celebrate our 7th anniversary. We had a lovely time from the moment we arrived. My request for a window table was noted, which got us off to a good start. Service was first class; our waitress was very friendly and attentive, without being intrusive. Trulucks has an extensive wine list. Our food was delicious. I had lobster bisque (perfect) followed by sea bass (cooked to perfection). On the opposite side of the table, a crab claw followed by a 14oz NY strip disappeared in no time, with sounds of delight at each stage. Our charming waitress followed up with a flaming plate of chocolate cake, cherrys with ice cream and a personalised message written in chocolate. A delightful touch! It was expensive, but worth it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014WONDERFUL INCREDIBLE SUCCULENT DINING!! celebrated 2nd year anniversary with hubby. granted one of the finest dinning in houston. seafood was exceptional. definitley will be a return customer for any occasion. our waiter derrick was a pro at doing what he does best. all of our needs were timed perfect. the crab cakes and stone crabs were absolutely wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014We greatly enjoyed our experience here! We came for our Anniversary and the entire staff was very nice and the service was excellent! The food was great and the restaurant even gave us a cake and a card for our Anniversary! We were truly happy with the experience and would definitely come back and would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Everything about the evening was great. We will recommend the restaurants.Special Features:
- Great ServiceTexanFanDined on 9/23/2014Best server and made us feel special all evening... Just taken back with service, food and attention we got from manager on down.Special Features:
- rrOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014First time eat Truluck's and enjoyed the evening. Food was good, I ordered the steak special with crab claws and appetizer. If I was to go again, would skip the steak, but the crab claws were outstanding. Ambiance is good, excellent service…pricey but worth for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good steakTokyoexpatDined on 9/14/2014We went for the steak and we were not disappointed. The steak and the side orders were of excellent quality. My only criticism was the service was hurried and fast. My wife and I were on vacation, and let our server subtly know that there was no rush. Although I didn't time how long, it seemed like the steak was back in about 5 or 10 minutes after we ordered.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014I would have given you 5 out of 5 stars but my waiter forgot my lobster bisque. It wasn't that big of a deal because I didn't remember until I got home.Special Features:
- great food but priceyrestaurantweekDined on 9/9/2014The food and atmosphere are great, however the food can get pretty expensive. Highly recommend asking the market price for any of the items that dont show a price prior to ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The food was good, but the service was very poor. We had to wait a long time for tea, our check etc. We never even got the dessert from our power lunch. It was embarrassing since it was a business lunch that there was a delay in simple things, but at least the ambience was nice enough that the client felt the effort had been made to try and make it a pleasant experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood expertsBrandiWineVIPDined on 9/7/2014Truluck's office excellent seafood selection and is prepared in an exquisite manner. Everything is extremely tasty and the wine selection is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingFineDiner77Dined on 9/5/2014It had been years since I visited TruLuck's due to a poor experience a few years ago. A client chose the spot, and as a good vendor I obliged. The service was expected and the lobster bisque was excellent. I ordered the "Jumbo Shrimp Platter" with Garlic Sautéed Spinach. The shrimp were far from "Jumbo". I would guess 21-30/pound size. I was served 5 shrimp that looked horribly lonely on the large plate. The spinach was good, but lacked seasoning. After adding a few dashes of salt, it was good. $200.00 for 4 people and no one was excited about their dish. Hopefully I can talk clients out of making this choice ever again.
- Great foodAlittleBYRDieDined on 9/2/2014Trulucks has amazing seafood. The crowd can be a little old at times. But that is expected due to the pricing of the food. Wish they would offer specials more often. Would probably come more oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- destinDined on 9/2/2014Too little fresh seafood. pls look at this immediately as I had problems last time as well.Special Features:
- Great seafood, steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/1/2014Excellent service and delicious seafood, tasty steaks. Booked table to celebrate daughter's birthday dinner. All service was knowledgeable of her birthday, very attentive. She even received a special dessert for the celebration at no charge. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great ServiceServiceDined on 8/29/2014Our waitrase Was fantastic!! Food was ok. Asked for well done steak and parts where charcoal. Next time I will get the medium well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerKatedidVIPDined on 8/19/2014Three of us celebrated a birthday in our group several days ago. Seafood was excellent. one of us is salt restricted and that wasn't a problem. great service.Special Features:
- NiksPicksDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant staff was very accomodating and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPickyDined on 8/8/2014I enjoyed my dinner and the food was excellent...a great ambiance that could be suitable for various occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014The food was delicious and we had great service. We have been here several times and it is always amazing.Special Features:
- Total fanfoodiefan27Dined on 8/5/2014Had a great time the whole night was so relaxing and a great change from the ordinary! Can't wait for our next visit. The Sea bass was a true palate pleaser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great value1stTimerDined on 8/2/2014While the ambience was quite nice, I amnot sure it was a good value for my (many) dollars. The service was okay, the food was (just) okay, but the price was double what I can find nearby....with usually better food. I was somewhat disappointed as I was expecting "one of the best places in town". It wasn't. I would find it hard to recommend it to my friends as "the best".
- Always exceeds our expectations!JennJVIPDined on 7/31/2014My husband I and enjoy going to Trulucks for dinner, but we decided to go for lunch. Our server was wonderful. We had the private seating in the back-perfect to people watch and the food was delicious as always. We always try something new and we love it every time!!Special Features:
- Fair at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014I have not been to Truluck's in years and this experience was very disappointing. There was nothing special about the food at all. This was a huge let down. We will not be back.
- Stone Crab Claws!karenpeachDined on 7/28/2014that is why we go. they are fresh and delicious. The mustard sauce is fabulous. they ARE expensive, but when you love them...especially when you can't get them where you live...you are willing to pay for them! The lobster bisque is also delicious!Special Features:
- Flaming DessertSA2HOUDined on 7/26/2014First time at Truluck's and it was a great experience. Our server Enrique was very attentive, but not over the top where he interrupted our conversation the whole evening. The food was amazing. We had steak and king crab. Very fresh. It was a special occasion and the birthday girl got a flaming chocolate dessert with a side of ice cream. A nice way to end the experience. I thought it was going to be a little more upscale as a whole. Possibly a dress code but people were there in shorts and t-shirts. That was the only down side to the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OHHOTDAMNOHHOTDAMNVIPDined on 7/26/2014SURPRISINGLY WE WERE THERE FOR OUR 4:00 P.M. RESERVATIONS ON SATURDAY, YET OUR SERVER ROSE SEEMED RUSHED!!! EVERYTHING SHE SAID TO US WAS…I'LL GET IT OR CHECK "IN A HURRY!" IT WASN'T THAT MANY PEOPLE THERE, YET OUR NORMAL SERVER ROSE, WAS QUITE RUSHED AND SHE PREFACED MOST REQUESTS WITH "IN A HURRY!" THE ORIGINAL BASKET OF BREAD BROUGHT TO OUR TABLE WAS FROM THE DAY BEFORE. THE BREAD WAS EXTREMELY HARD AND NOT FRESH. A BIT SURPRISED AT OUR OVERALL EXPERIENCE AT TRULUCK'S ON SATURDAY. IT DIDN'T LIVE UP TO MY NORMAL EXPERIENCE AT TRULUCK'SSpecial Features:
- Consistently GoodRestaurateurDined on 7/22/2014Trulucks is one of those restaurants that you can count on each visit for great service, a good environment and good food. A little on the pricey side but it's well worth it. This restaurant has been within my top ten list of restaurants in the City for a long time running. I've never had a bad experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe a Off night for themOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014This was the first time I have taking my wife to eat at Truluck's in Houston and the host treated us like we didn't belong in the restaurant. We show up at 9:25pm for a 9:30pm reservation and was told that we need to wait for seating closer to our time. Didn't say you can wait in the bar or we are running a little behind. We did get seated around 9:34pm and then waited for our waiter to talk to us for about 10 minutes. We did order and the food was outstanding as always. I've had a lot of business dinners with great service at Truluck's. So this hopefully was a off night for them.Special Features:
- SchlumbergerDined on 7/18/2014This is the perfect place for a quiet intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinner gone badhapidinerDined on 7/17/2014The restaurant was so loud that our server commented that she'd never had it be so tough to hear. Three of us were in a banquet and could not carry on a normal conversation. Outstandin tea collection though the French Press leaked all over the table. The crab was tasteless, the Steak Dynamite was well prepared but had too many flavors. One of my guests did not finish her soup or fish. Dessert waas amazing but too little, too late.
- Business LunchBellairefoodguyDined on 7/16/2014The service was very good. Turluck's servicers allowed us to discuss business without them constantly interrupting us to order. The food was good but not outstanding. I had the Salmon with their house salad. I would order the same again, the salad was very good. I did not order the Crab legs since I believe they are out of season, therefore they would not be fresh. Next time I go I am going to try their shrimpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionBirthdayDined on 7/9/2014Trulucks - Thank you for the great service and food, Anytime I have or want to go somewhere special I can count on Trulucks the best steaks and seafood. The desserts are outstanding as well.Special Features:
- Second review of TrulucksButchDined on 7/8/2014We were a group of four celebrating a birthday. We all had the stone crab (from California this time of year). The crab and sides were enjoyed by all. The waiter brought a complementary flaming dessert that was appreciated. Service was a little slow as times but the waiting was very busy covering a lot of tables. He was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. We will certainly return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hospitality and Great SeafoodKennyGDined on 7/6/2014We had my wife's birthday dinner there because she loves to eat crabs and shrimps. Large crab craws and jumbo Alaskan King Crabs were great. She enjoyed and appreciated my selection of the place for dinner. We will come back soon.Special Features: