Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston
5350 Westheimer Rd.
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.trulucks.com/
- Phone: (713) 783-7270
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 4:00pm-6:00pm
Dining Room Hours:
Monday - Thursday, 11:00am - 10:00pm.
Friday, 11:00am - 11:00pm.
Saturday, 12:00pm - 11:00pm.
Sunday, 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Wubbena
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live piano bar entertainment nightly starting at 5:30 p.m.
A word from Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston
We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)romantic (54)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (44)notable wine list (42)great for lunch (29)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (21)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (10)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- FloodedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014This reservation was cancelled by the restaurant as they had a flooding problem. 6:30 time was cancelled about 4:40. Hard to find a replacement that late on a Sunday night. Feel that restaurant should try to make-up for the inconvenience of trying to find another place for the special night.they had phone number so they could have done something.Special Features:
- Another Fabulous Meal at my Favorite!MarMarDined on 11/14/2014This time we ate in the bar, because we fell in love with the staff and the music was wonderful. Also a great place to enjoy people watching. Our waitress was Kendall and she was a pro! We got there during the wonderful Happy Hour and ordered the warm goat cheese. It comes with toasted bread and is topped with olives, candied nuts and a wonderful spicy olive oil drizzle. I could definitely make a meal from this. My husband loves the Sangria which is handmade from a secret recipe that we begged and got from a waiter. It is usually $12.00/glass, but $6.00 during Happy Hour. I had sparkling wine for the same price as the Sangria-a steal! Kendall made sure to get refills for us prior to Happy Hour being over. Then we ordered the miso sea bass with crab fried rice(huge pieces of crab) and I had the stone crab with asparagus with hollandaise. Just heavenly. They then brought a chocolate bread pudding with cherry jubilee sauce which they set on fire at the table in honor of my birthday. It just does not get any better than this, as far as I am concerned, which is why I come here every year for my birthday.Special Features:
- A special occasionLocalDined on 11/13/2014Our dining experience was great. My "birthday girl" had the South African lobster tail. I had the NY Steak. The management added a nice chocolate and nut "cake" for my wife's birthday that was brought out on a large plate that had "Happy Birthday" written on it with chocolate syrup. Very nice of them to do so and it added to our enjoyment of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No surprises everpeteVIPDined on 11/13/2014This is a very well managed restaurant from the valet parking (lady is special) to fine food served by an excellent wait staff.Waiters here are knowledgeable about the food and have engaging personalities.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect eveningsusangcVIPDined on 11/9/2014The food was wonderful and the service excellent! It was our anniversary and they brought us a special dessert-----very specialSpecial Features:
- Shane was an awesome waiterSillygirl2Dined on 11/8/2014I will always come back I love the place , setting and waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as expectedGreatExpectationsDined on 11/7/2014Trulucks has never let me down. We can always count on the chain for great food, consistency of quality, great service and superb wines.Special Features:
- did not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The service was second to none. Food was high quality. The stone crab claws were very delicious. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and melted in our mouths. This is a great restaurant for a special occasion or a sludge on yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodSmittysmooveDined on 10/31/2014I liked Trulucks - but the steak needed to be more tender /flavorful outside of the fatty part (ribeye). Hot & spicy Shrimp were really good. Seabass was good. Chocolate cake was great. I would give 3.5 on food that nite- steak had a higher expectations onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedlgjcDined on 10/24/2014Nice looking place and food presentation, nice staff, however food quality and price did not coincide well. We also had a civeche that was soaking and did not taste fresh. Our waiter changed twice and both were very courteous. Probably would not come back for seafood.
- Food is coldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Very disappointed because the food was cold. Crab fried rice and fried squid served as room temperature and suppose to be hot. After all it was not all that great.Special Features:
- StephenDined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating the birthday of my girlfriend. She had no idea I had invited all her friends. The staff a Truluck's played the part and made her experience a great surprise! Food was wonderful and we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW! PAMPER ME MORE!mommyluvsfoodDined on 10/14/2014If you are looking for an Elegant atmosphere, Attentive service, Delicious food, Live music, PLEASE go to Truluck's. Everyone deserves to be pampered every now and then. I brought my mom here for her birthday and we were Extremely Satisfied with the way they handled everything.It helps when u make reservations& let them know the occasion.Make sure when ordering u ask what the market price is on the seafood just so u will have a heads up (whatever the price, it is WELL WORTH IT) we had the king crab for one of the main dishes and blackened red fish w/ponchatrain sauce and sides of crab mac&cheese ( recommended by our wonderful waiter Matthew Reeves)&crab fried rice it was simply scrumptious &the appetizers! We will DEFINITELY be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & ServiceStaceyMVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had an awesome celebratory dinner. The food was fantastic the service was beyond compare. Just an wonderful overall experience.Special Features:
- Date night perfect!GoodbrandDined on 10/10/2014Love the restaurant but there is something about eating wonderful food accompanied by wonderful live music in the bar! We have even stopped in at lunch time just to share desserts with a group of friends, instead of a birthday cake! My husband is a steak man and as he doesn't like fish, I like to eat it when we are out! I normally have crab if there is not a special I fancy! He always asks for pepper sauce even though its not on the menu, they serve it and it is outstanding! I like that they maintain a good standard, while also being accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The is the best place in HoustonTrulacks5starVIPDined on 10/9/2014Best sea food in Houston and the servies 10/10 all the waiters nice and very nice. I love the food I love the stuff it's just very Nice! I never ever give any restaurant 5 star but I give Trulacks 5 star because the are 5 star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineDined on 10/8/2014This was my first visit to Truluck's, a surprise dinner for my husband's 65th birthday. What an absolutely devine experience!! The ambiance is perfect for a special occasion and can turn a casual evening into a special occasion. The Miso-Glazed Seabass is peerless among seafood dishes and the single most wonderful dish on the planet! The Blackened Redfish Pontchartrain is awesome. The key lime pie is the best in the land. The service was unsurpassed from the wait staff to the valet. Our evening was perfect and we can't wait to go back for no special reason other than to enjoy the food and the great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealJandRDined on 10/5/2014We went to Trulucks to celebrate our 7th anniversary. We had a lovely time from the moment we arrived. My request for a window table was noted, which got us off to a good start. Service was first class; our waitress was very friendly and attentive, without being intrusive. Trulucks has an extensive wine list. Our food was delicious. I had lobster bisque (perfect) followed by sea bass (cooked to perfection). On the opposite side of the table, a crab claw followed by a 14oz NY strip disappeared in no time, with sounds of delight at each stage. Our charming waitress followed up with a flaming plate of chocolate cake, cherrys with ice cream and a personalised message written in chocolate. A delightful touch! It was expensive, but worth it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014WONDERFUL INCREDIBLE SUCCULENT DINING!! celebrated 2nd year anniversary with hubby. granted one of the finest dinning in houston. seafood was exceptional. definitley will be a return customer for any occasion. our waiter derrick was a pro at doing what he does best. all of our needs were timed perfect. the crab cakes and stone crabs were absolutely wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014We greatly enjoyed our experience here! We came for our Anniversary and the entire staff was very nice and the service was excellent! The food was great and the restaurant even gave us a cake and a card for our Anniversary! We were truly happy with the experience and would definitely come back and would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Everything about the evening was great. We will recommend the restaurants.Special Features:
- Great ServiceTexanFanDined on 9/23/2014Best server and made us feel special all evening... Just taken back with service, food and attention we got from manager on down.Special Features:
- rrOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014First time eat Truluck's and enjoyed the evening. Food was good, I ordered the steak special with crab claws and appetizer. If I was to go again, would skip the steak, but the crab claws were outstanding. Ambiance is good, excellent service…pricey but worth for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good steakTokyoexpatDined on 9/14/2014We went for the steak and we were not disappointed. The steak and the side orders were of excellent quality. My only criticism was the service was hurried and fast. My wife and I were on vacation, and let our server subtly know that there was no rush. Although I didn't time how long, it seemed like the steak was back in about 5 or 10 minutes after we ordered.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014I would have given you 5 out of 5 stars but my waiter forgot my lobster bisque. It wasn't that big of a deal because I didn't remember until I got home.Special Features:
- great food but priceyrestaurantweekDined on 9/9/2014The food and atmosphere are great, however the food can get pretty expensive. Highly recommend asking the market price for any of the items that dont show a price prior to ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food good but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The food was good, but the service was very poor. We had to wait a long time for tea, our check etc. We never even got the dessert from our power lunch. It was embarrassing since it was a business lunch that there was a delay in simple things, but at least the ambience was nice enough that the client felt the effort had been made to try and make it a pleasant experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood expertsBrandiWineVIPDined on 9/7/2014Truluck's office excellent seafood selection and is prepared in an exquisite manner. Everything is extremely tasty and the wine selection is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingFineDiner77Dined on 9/5/2014It had been years since I visited TruLuck's due to a poor experience a few years ago. A client chose the spot, and as a good vendor I obliged. The service was expected and the lobster bisque was excellent. I ordered the "Jumbo Shrimp Platter" with Garlic Sautéed Spinach. The shrimp were far from "Jumbo". I would guess 21-30/pound size. I was served 5 shrimp that looked horribly lonely on the large plate. The spinach was good, but lacked seasoning. After adding a few dashes of salt, it was good. $200.00 for 4 people and no one was excited about their dish. Hopefully I can talk clients out of making this choice ever again.
- Great foodAlittleBYRDieDined on 9/2/2014Trulucks has amazing seafood. The crowd can be a little old at times. But that is expected due to the pricing of the food. Wish they would offer specials more often. Would probably come more oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- destinDined on 9/2/2014Too little fresh seafood. pls look at this immediately as I had problems last time as well.Special Features:
- Great seafood, steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/1/2014Excellent service and delicious seafood, tasty steaks. Booked table to celebrate daughter's birthday dinner. All service was knowledgeable of her birthday, very attentive. She even received a special dessert for the celebration at no charge. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great ServiceServiceDined on 8/29/2014Our waitrase Was fantastic!! Food was ok. Asked for well done steak and parts where charcoal. Next time I will get the medium well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerKatedidVIPDined on 8/19/2014Three of us celebrated a birthday in our group several days ago. Seafood was excellent. one of us is salt restricted and that wasn't a problem. great service.Special Features:
- NiksPicksDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant staff was very accomodating and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatPickyDined on 8/8/2014I enjoyed my dinner and the food was excellent...a great ambiance that could be suitable for various occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014The food was delicious and we had great service. We have been here several times and it is always amazing.Special Features:
- Total fanfoodiefan27Dined on 8/5/2014Had a great time the whole night was so relaxing and a great change from the ordinary! Can't wait for our next visit. The Sea bass was a true palate pleaser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great value1stTimerDined on 8/2/2014While the ambience was quite nice, I amnot sure it was a good value for my (many) dollars. The service was okay, the food was (just) okay, but the price was double what I can find nearby....with usually better food. I was somewhat disappointed as I was expecting "one of the best places in town". It wasn't. I would find it hard to recommend it to my friends as "the best".
- Always exceeds our expectations!JennJVIPDined on 7/31/2014My husband I and enjoy going to Trulucks for dinner, but we decided to go for lunch. Our server was wonderful. We had the private seating in the back-perfect to people watch and the food was delicious as always. We always try something new and we love it every time!!Special Features: