Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Addison
5001 Beltline Rd
Dallas, TX 75254Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Addison
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trulucks.com/
- Phone: 9725033079
- Hours of Operation:
Cocktail Hour: Daily 4:30 - 7:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Sunday, 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brian Wubbena
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For fabulous parties, lasting memories and none of the stress, choose Truluck’s for your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Rebecca Wright 2142202401
A word from Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Addison
We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House - Addison reviews from OpenTable diners
- We were celebrating a birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2012We were celebrating a birthday and the team was superb. What a special evening!Special Features:
- Just went for dessert to celebrateDaveDined on 10/9/2012Just went for dessert to celebrate a birthday. Fantastic chocolate cake, but the wife is raving about the carrot cake.
- While the food tasted great,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012While the food tasted great, my boyfriend and I received mediocre service. Our waiter was impolite and seemed to want to ignore us most of the night. However, I loved the crab cakes!Special Features:
- The seafood is outstandingMereVIPDined on 10/5/2012The seafood is outstanding and the staff is friendly and knowledgable!Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/30/2012This was our first time at Truluck's. We had early reservations and the service was great while the restaurant was mostly empty. Service started to get slower as the restaurant filled up. The only miss was having to reminder our server of an afterdinner drink order and I didn't receive it until after dessert course was mostly finished. Food was excellent & well prepared. Crab shells were cracked making dining much easier, although it would be nice if they offered moist towelettes for cleanup afterwards. The only real complaint we had was it is very dark in the restaurant. We used our phones for light to see the menus and even requested a flashlight (and my vision is not that bad!). It was difficult to see our food and enjoy it fullySpecial Features:
- Outstanding dining experiencetapnetDined on 9/29/2012Outstanding food, service and ambiance that created a memorable experience. Truluck's Seafood, Steak and Crab House – Addison is one of the best dining experiences in Texas.Special Features:
- Great food and impeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2012Great food and impeccable service make Trulucks a great destination for celebrating special occasions. The wait staff is always extremely professional, polite and there when you need them (and absent when you don't). Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Although it is a very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012Although it is a very nice place to dine the cost of the food is very over priced. Too many other restaurants with same quality of service and food for a lot less. Also, was not exactly excited to find out that most of there ses food is farm raised vs. wild. Because of the price we would not recommend them.
- Oh so yummyCelebratingDined on 9/22/2012The steak was one of the best I've had. And the were able to accommodate my food allergies. The desserts are large enough for about four people and very yummy.Special Features:
- The best desserts and happy hour!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2012Great GNO!! Thank you for having our table set up just as I had requested even though a bit out of the ordinary. The drinks, as always was wonderful and the food fresh and delicious! The best happy hour drinks and food in the DFW area! Your desserts are fantastic! Even if my friends and I happen to dine elsewhere, we end up at your restaurant for dessert.....THE BEST carrot cake ever!Special Features:
- Overall very nice mix of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Overall very nice mix of food and service. Wine list is also very above averageSpecial Features:
- There was a problem with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2012There was a problem with our food, it was dropped and our order had to be done over which made the wait long, and then our food was cooked in a rush. This was the first time I was not happy with my visit to Tru Lucks. What made it worse was I was there for my birthday. Sooo disappointed!Special Features:
- First time at Trulucks-Addison.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2012First time at Trulucks-Addison. The restaurant was nice and staff was friendly and welcoming. The manager personally came to our table to say hi. Noticed him walking around greeting guests. The food was good, but not memorable for the price. It was a great night and food, but for the price the food should be unforgetable.Special Features:
- Went on a monday and had endlessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2012Went on a monday and had endless snow crab..it was a mazing. food was always so good. What ireally liked was that the GM Chris came by the table right when we sat down and greeted us. It was a nice change from most places. Server recommended a great bottle of wine and surprised us with a birthday dessert. Fab timeSpecial Features:
- We walked right in, our tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012We walked right in, our table was ready and waiting for us. The server, Greg, was very nice and friendly. We had to leave quickly, which was unplanned, but Greg was fast and even wrapped up our dessert to go.
- We had a fantastic time andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012We had a fantastic time and they were very wonderful and accommodating and definitely made our anniversary special!Special Features:
- We went to Trulucks for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2012We went to Trulucks for our 25th wedding anniversary. The service and the food were wonderful.Special Features:
- Consistantly good. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/7/2012Consistantly good. Great selection of non-seafood alternatives. Killer desserts!!Special Features:
- Came for restaurant week.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2012Came for restaurant week. Great choices presented. Gazpacho was good - I've never had one before- though I wouldn't get it again. Husband's lobster bisque could have been warmer. Chiopino was excellent! Mussels were not over cooked as I get in other places. Broth had fresh chunks of tomatoes, perfect consistency. And the desserts! Huge! Chocolate cake was good, but the carrot cake was hands down the best! Service was friendly, attentive, and accommodating to my 22 month old as well. Thank you for a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- We have been to Trulucks beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/1/2012We have been to Trulucks before and enjoyed everything. This time the service was poor and the food was below what we have enjoyed in the past. I think it is very poor management when you have waiters doing busing and managers setting up tables and serving food. Clearly they were under staffed.
- This is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/1/2012This is one of my favorite restaurants and they always have great restaurant week menu options to choose from. The wait staff here is also always pleasant. We all had the lobster bisque, which is always delicious, with a nice "kick" with each bite. This place has the best lobster bisque so it is a must try. The "steak and eggs" (beef tartare) was unique and the chips were well cooked, but very heavy as a dish overall. The crab alfredo was extremely delicious but also very creamy with great chunks of crab within the pasta. The redfish pontchartrain with its sauce and seafood accompaniments was flavorful as well. The dessert was impressive and each served generously. The carrot cake and chocolate malt cake were both so yummy!Special Features:
- I went as a part of RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2012I went as a part of Restaurant Week. It was a wonderful experience. I will be returning.Special Features:
- The gazpacho was AWFUL. Watery.JackDined on 8/31/2012The gazpacho was AWFUL. Watery. No flavor. The chef needs to go back to school on that one. I think the best dishes there are the (live) crab and lobster, etc and the namesake crabmeat. The fish dishes tend to be way too complicated, heavy sauces abound. I suggest staying with the 'simpler' dishes. Wine list is good, but pricey.Special Features:
- Start to finish ~ superb!CindyLouWhoDined on 8/30/2012Start to finish they were superb! Their cioppino was my favorite dish. Truluck's provided the best dining experience from beginning to end. They did not have a half-hearted dish. Don't forget to order a dessert ~ they always wow us.
- Superb ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012The food, service and ambiance were perfect. This was our first visit here but will not be our last. Our server Mike's attention to detail was commendable. I was even blown away by a phone call I received the next day inquiring about my experience from the manager. Talk about WOW service!Special Features:
- The food at Truluck's is alwaysfoodie8Dined on 8/28/2012The food at Truluck's is always superb & the staff friendly. It's always an enjoyable & relaxing meal.Special Features:
- My favorite RestarauntOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012The food as always was superb! Trulucks is my favorite restaurant in DFW.Special Features:
- NIce enough, but even with3WayzataGuysVIPDined on 8/25/2012NIce enough, but even with restaurnat week prices we strongly prefer Oceanaire if we're going to spend more than $100 for dinner. The chocolate cake was really good!
- Thumbs up for Restaurant Week MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012We went to Truluck's for restaurant week. The lobster bisque was beyond amazing!! The entrees were both very good, and definitely of generous proportion size. My husband had the beef medallions(came with spinach fondue and fried oysters on top) and the most amazing roasted mashed potatoes. I had the crab Alfredo. Very tasty and they don't skimp on the crab and shrimp in the pasta. I have to say the most notable course was dessert. The chocolate cake was fudge like, and the carrot cake was delicious as well. But the slices are enormous- we ate off the desserts for 2 more days. The service was amazing as well. The waiter was attentive at all the right times.Special Features:
- Our experience was so nice,thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Our experience was so nice,that I will be recommending Truluck's to my friends and family.Special Features:
- Truluck's is always outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2012Truluck's is always outstanding. We have dined at 4 different Truluck's and they are all 5 star.Special Features:
- Everything that I've had thereJSO421Dined on 8/24/2012Everything that I've had there is pretty darn delicious. This time, I had the crab alfredo. Very rich, but very delicious. The pasta was cooked just right, and the assortment was sweet and fresh tasting. The tomato salad was one of the best salads I've had. It was just a beefeater tomato sliced, covered, with bacon, fresh parmesan, dill, and buttermilk dressing. Not your low-fat salad, but definitely a must get. I've also had the parmesan crusted flounder before. And that was nice and tender with a mild flavor to it. Dessert there is also great. Go with someone and get the chocolate cake and coconut cream pie, then take a bite from each. They complement each other great. Their martinis are top of the line with bleu cheese stuffed olives.Special Features:
- GREAT SERVICE food not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2012This is a difficult review , the service was outstanding and the Management went above our expectations in making the issues right. They comped our entire check for what where minor issues, over cooked steak and a mix up in what was ordered. NOW for the food , very disappointed, Calamari where like rubber and may be our mistake was ordering beef at a sea food restaurant but the meal was over flavored with cheese. Another restaurant week bomb
- It is a great place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012It is a great place to go to for a romantic evening. It has the right mood in the evening that just makes for a perfect time. It wasn't very loud and was very relaxing the whole night. The food was great and the desserts were amazing! Our waitress was outstanding the whole evening. She even surprised us with a dessert during our anniversary, and we never even mentioned it to her! We plan to come back!Special Features:
- TrulucksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2012The food was excellent and our waiter was awesome!!! We will dine at Trulucks again!!Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2012Food and service were excellent! Not one complaint.Special Features:
- We love Trulucks but we didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2012We love Trulucks but we didn't realize it was Restaurant Week. Everything was just a little off but we chalk it up to Restaurant Week. Usually our review would have been excellent.
- Very friendly staff. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012Very friendly staff. Food matched the level of service.
- Excellent Service and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012The service was top notch. The manager stopped by our table and introduced himself and told us to let him know if we needed anything. Our server was really informative and helpful. Someone even called me the next day to make sure we had a wonderful evening! Most importantly, the food was to die for, and the dessert portions were so huge you can split them with someone and still not finish them!Special Features:
- I was there for RestuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012I was there for Restuarant Week. I treated my mother to a nice dinner after a musical @ Water Tower Theatre. It was a wonderful way to end the afternoon. We were running a little late and our reservation was originally for four. At the last minute there were only two of us. None of this was a problem. Our server was Mary and she was wonderful. Very helpful with decisions and very friendly.Special Features: