TruFire Kitchen & Bar - Southlake
1239 Main Street
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TruFire Kitchen & Bar - Southlake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trufire.us/
- Phone: 8174886280
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from TruFire Kitchen & Bar - Southlake
"Life Happens in the Kitchen"..... The Kitchen is the heart of the home and the engine of TruFire...With Food & Drink the best of conversations are had, celebrations erupt, alliances are struck and laughter can be heard for miles...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
TruFire Kitchen & Bar - Southlake - Best Restaurants in Southlake ›
TruFire Kitchen & Bar - Southlake reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (29)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (19)great for lunch (13)special occasion (12)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (7)late-night find (4)romantic (4)Show More
- CheersDined on 9/20/2014It was our second visit. The first was so good we couldn't wait to have dinner again. Drinks are great, food is some of the best I've had in metro area. We want to try everything so we will be back. I have already mentioned it to friends & it was recommended to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grilled Salmon Always Good!Top10VIPDined on 9/19/2014I always enjoy the fresh sockeye, and other fresh foods here! You can rest assured that all of the entrees are prepared fresh, with no preservatives!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine List Best in DFWTop10VIPDined on 9/3/2014Not beholden to any corporate structure, this venue keeps the best red wines on its list, and VERY reasonably priced! They have Caymus, and all of the Orrin Swift blends on their lists, at just barely above what you would pay retail. Add this to the good food, and it is a real bargain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbianceDonceeVIPDined on 8/31/2014When you walk into a restaurant for lunch on a Sunday, it should not sound like a night club at 1:00 in the morning. Any thoughtful manager knows this. Being hip does not mean being stupid. I asked the hostess to see if she could turn the music down when we arrived at TruFire, but to no avail; asked the waitress five minutes later; five-ten minutes later, still no change. So we walked out. When will hostesses and managers learn to move quickly when a request like this is made?? More importantly, the restaurant is to attract and keep customers, not entertain the manager and staff so to keep them pumped and rockin, preventing them from getting bored. If it were Saturday night, that would be one thing. Customers first, Mr. Manager.
- From ScratchRarereviewDined on 8/23/2014We had yet to go to TruFire and decided to give it a shot on our 18th wedding anniversary. We had a great seat outside and wonderful service from Hanna (she really knows the menu and the restaurant!!). Truly impressed with the food and we tried multiple things on the menu (we had some pretty good leftovers the next day). What most impressed us though is the fact that they are a "from scratch" kitchen including their mixed drinks. Awseome food, service, and ambience, hard to beat that...Special Features:
- Great lunchTuniesmomVIPDined on 7/30/2014Good place to meet friends. Outdoor seating, service and salads are excellent. I love the falafel plate.
- YumJrobjDined on 7/27/2014Food was delicious - particularly the flatbread, salmon, and avacado salad. Service was good. The restaurant was a little dark. We had to use cell phone flashlights to see our food. Other than that good food,l in a casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was okDennisVIPDined on 7/20/2014whatever was wrong with the restaurant was not their fault.
- PattyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Not just your average food selection. Great place to hang out for a while, as we were not rushed.Special Features:
- GREAT gluten free options!!!GlutenFreeFreakDined on 7/17/2014For once, gluten intolerant people have their own FULL menu with real bread and pasta substitutes for just about every dish. The spinach and quinoa salad is excellent!! And we will go back at every chance we get.:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Diner, Would Go BackBigTimeEaterDined on 7/15/2014Great bar service. Very good drinks and reasonably priced, especially during happy hour. The pizzas were very good and our service was great. Large bar area with a decent patio to sit on. It was too hot to sit outside, but there was plenty of space inside. I would go back again, especially if I was wanting to meet up with some friends for a drink at happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sockeye Salmon Rocks!Top10VIPDined on 7/13/2014I had not been here in quite awhile, but was quite happy to see that the quality which I had previously experienced, was still intact! The sockeye salmon was fresh, and cooked to perfection, and the quinoa spinach salad was equally good. This is a very good farm to market venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSheriWDined on 7/9/2014I went with 3 other friends from work and we all thought the food was excellent. I had a well drink and loved the premium brand they used. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014service was a little slow but the server and food were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a changeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/2/2014Nice new restaurant. Tried the crab dip which was good, although it had a slightly odd tinge to it. The accompanying bread was rather chewy. The pecan salad was tasty, fresh and a reasonable size for the smaller version. The Trumac was a bit disappointing especially for a $16 entree for mac & cheese, even if it was kicked up a bit. Overall the food was good, the service was good and pleasant, the place was fairly busy for a mid-week and they offer a nice overall menu. A nice place overall.Special Features:
- TruFire - a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2014We chose TruFire for a small get together because one of the members of our party is gluten-free. The service staff did a great job of recommending items great for our group that also had gluten free options for our friend. The food was great and came out exactly as ordered. We will definitely go back and will definitely recommend TruFire to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for Everyone!1trialgirlDined on 6/20/2014We have dined at TruFire on previous occasions, and have found the experience consistently enjoyable. First, service is top notch -- seamless and smooth. The food is terrific -- delicious and varied enough to suit anyone's palette. Finally, the ambiance is great, whether one eats inside or outdoors. We are delighted that Southlake is the home to TruFire and will be back!Special Features:
- Loved it!2girlmammaDined on 6/20/2014Great cocktails! Wonderful appetizers and great service. Our waitress was super knowledgeable and helpful - so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!annaleeSDined on 6/14/2014I really enjoyed this restaurant and I would go back in a heart beat! Great food, Great wine, and a great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Consistant & ReliableBillCVIPDined on 6/8/2014Whenever we are looking for relaxed meal with great food we turn to TruFire. Although the menu is not extensive it has a good variety and everything is very good. Many times our neighbors, who are vegetarian will go with us as it is one of their favorites also and provides a good selection for them also. If you can make it for happy hour (before 6:00 PM) they also have some good deals on both food and drinks.Special Features:
- worth a trykarenDined on 6/6/2014food and drinks are all good. cocktails are little expensive however service was excellent. would recommend for family during happy hours, great for ladies night out too. conveniently located in the neighborhood, in SL town square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local findTexasLeslieDined on 6/3/2014Our family wanted gourmet pizza and TruFire delivered. We enjoyed the patio as the sun went down, had wonderful service and delicious chewy crust pizza. Yum!Special Features:
- The following 103 reviews are from the TruFire Kitchen & Bar - Southlake reviews archive.
- Delicious...mimiDined on 5/29/2014Delicious....as always. Have been to this restaurant several times and have had consistently delish food. Nice blackberry smash, too!Special Features:
- BrunchNumnumDined on 5/25/2014Met some friends for brunch. We sat on the patio. The pancake was huge and delicious, the Bloody Mary was spicy, and the service was good as always.Special Features:
- great fpod, wonderful wait staffloveapatioDined on 5/23/2014Love this place for the most part, but if you make reservations, they are for inside only. I made some for the patio, which i love, and not only did they not call me to let me know they dont take patio reservations, but when i got there, they put me at the bottom of the wait list! On top of that, the attitude i got from the host/hostess was pretty uninviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!!2girlmammaDined on 5/16/2014Wonderful restaurant with delicious food - it has been added to our short list of favorites! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers dayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014We had a party of 9 and the waitress was great! Attentive but not overwhelming. Mimosas were terrific and food was too! We have been a few times and have enjoyed it every time.Special Features:
- Great!ChristieDined on 5/11/2014We love TruFire and ate brunch there for Mother's Day for the first time. Service was outstanding! All of the food was good (I had the bacon and egg pizza...yum!), although my son had one very large pancake that was undercooked. Our waitress recognized it and took it off the bill, so all was good.Special Features:
- Leisure Dining with variety menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Great selection of appetizers, with a variety not seen in many restaurants. Meals come in small or large portions, which is very handy for all appetites. Staff was friendly to explain menu options and helpful with food allergies. The outdoor dining is enjoyable in the evening. This was our first visit and we went on a Friday night, busy restaurant but not over crowded. Will go back for a relaxing meal with family or spouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Southlake!BlackPiranhaDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I eat at TruFire at least twice monthly, and sometimes I even sneak a visit with some friends! The waitstaff are consistently friendly, and the food is delicious. I highly recommend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuChrisDined on 5/3/2014We had an excellent meal. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. We had been putting off going here, but will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Everything was excellent !Motomom327Dined on 5/3/2014Met up with my dad, brother and sister for noon lunch. Food was excellent, had the turkey burger! Yumm! Can't remember the name of the appetizer. Came in a black skillet... So good! Will bring my husband back this week! Server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemFoodChickDined on 4/11/2014Located in Southlake Town Center but not in the thick of things, TruFire Kitchen offers a simple but eclectic menu of deliciousness. Great patio perfect for conversation. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I had in mindLovelyLolo76051Dined on 3/29/2014I was not particularly blown away by anything, The grilled artichoke and the fig and pear salad were the highlights of my meal. I was impressed with the tomato jam pasta. I was however going to bring it home for someone the eat and the server never brought it back.... I was kind of disappointed really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2014The bruschetta was fabulous and the main course was equally tasty - her salmon; my spicy noodles - but the main course showed up before we'd finished the appetizer and then the waiter tried to take what was left of the appetizer, probably because there was so little room left on the table... Maybe we'll order the main course after we finish the appetizer next time. After all, there's nothing wrong with lingering over a nice glass of wine between courses. That said, the wine list was very limited. We like Shiraz, but there were none, so I chose the more expensive of the two Syrah offerings. It was mediocre at best (we have much better wines at home, can we bring our own next time). We liked the food, so we'll likely be back; maybe for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodSrd5609Dined on 3/22/2014This is my new favorite place. The food is outstanding and the crafted drinks are wonderful! The Sunday brunch is wonderful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wait staff there is exceptionalSuziDined on 3/20/2014The wait staff there is exceptional...especially Julie!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favoritePoppaDVIPDined on 3/8/2014TruFire Kitchen and Bar is a unique addition to Southlake Town Square. Although the menu is limited, the selections chosen were perfect and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Outdoor Dining in DFW !Top10VIPDined on 3/8/2014Nestled in a quiet corner of Southlake Town Center, this restaurant not only rocks with the food, but has managed to construct and maintain an outdoor patio which has it all-music, fans, and a fireplace. The service there is impeccable and the ambience is great-give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Rosemary Chicken PizzaWineOVIPDined on 3/6/2014We didn't have much time for dinner and this was a good choice. Service was prompt. We enjoyed the Texas fig salad and rosemary chicken pizza. Both very good. Wish we'd had time for a glass of wine but will save for another time when we aren't in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.