TruFire Kitchen & Bar - Southlake
1239 Main Street
Southlake, TX 76092Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TruFire Kitchen & Bar - Southlake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trufire.us/
- Phone: (817) 488-6280
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from TruFire Kitchen & Bar - Southlake
"Life Happens in the Kitchen"..... The Kitchen is the heart of the home and the engine of TruFire...With Food & Drink the best of conversations are had, celebrations erupt, alliances are struck and laughter can be heard for miles...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
TruFire Kitchen & Bar - Southlake - Best Restaurants in Southlake ›
TruFire Kitchen & Bar - Southlake reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (9)great for lunch (7)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (7)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)romantic (2)Show More
- Best Outdoor Dining in DFW !Top10VIPDined on 3/8/2014Nestled in a quiet corner of Southlake Town Center, this restaurant not only rocks with the food, but has managed to construct and maintain an outdoor patio which has it all-music, fans, and a fireplace. The service there is impeccable and the ambience is great-give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Rosemary Chicken PizzaWineOVIPDined on 3/6/2014We didn't have much time for dinner and this was a good choice. Service was prompt. We enjoyed the Texas fig salad and rosemary chicken pizza. Both very good. Wish we'd had time for a glass of wine but will save for another time when we aren't in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placePd12Dined on 3/3/2014I've been here many times. It doesn't matter what you have, it's great. I've never had a bad meal or bad service. The wine list is good and reasonable. It's a good alternative to the close by Del Frisco Grille . I love my Monday night waiter , Owen, he is also bartender on Mondays. It's a small place which is perfect with a neat outdoor patio for the spring, summer, and fall (with a fire feature). You should at least give it a try and you'll see what I mean.Special Features:
- The Sockeye Salmon Rocks!Top10VIPDined on 2/22/2014I was pleased to see the Salmon, in particular, and all of the food here has maintained its high level of quality over the last six months! It had been a while since I had dined here, and I was reminded of why I love this place, the salmon is top quality, fresh, and cooked to perfection. For only an additional 7.50, you can add a meal portion to any salad! If you like fresh, farm to market cooking, this place is number one in the metroplex!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good wineSaturdaydinerVIPDined on 2/17/2014Good service, delicious food and wine, consistently. What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Nice addition to Town SquareLu621VIPDined on 2/16/2014This was our first visit to TruFire. We went for an early dinner and were pleasantly surprised to find out it was happy hour still. We had great margaritas and found nice options on the menu for a not too heavy dinner. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lackluster experienceshawnaDined on 2/15/2014We have a long-standing curse with going to new (to us) restaurants on Valentines day. While our cocktails were very good (Blackberry Smash and Sangria), the rest of the meal was disappointing. We ordered the roasted artichoke for an appetizer and it was the most anemic artichoke ever. We barely ate the equivalent of a tbsp's worth of artichoke each between us. We've had good roasted artichoke before where you can get a nice little chunk of 'meat' on the bigger leaves, but these were pathetic. My husband's Trumac (mac 'n cheese dish) tasted solely of bacon...the cheese, butternut squash, etc were all drowned out by the taste of bacon. My Spicy Garlic noodles and our chocolate souffle desert were tasty enough. It was an uneven meal.
- Good food, great serviceRoseHDined on 2/14/2014Good food; good drinks, great wine list and awesome service. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the food at this restaurantdawnyDined on 1/24/2014I love the food at this restaurant but wish they would reconfigure the tables and add more booths - it is a very odd set up and seems like it could function much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice amd easyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/18/2014Another great entry at the Southlake Town Center. Food was great and the wine was a terrific price. Casual and funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrived at 7:27pm for a 730RiperDined on 1/18/2014Arrived at 7:27pm for a 730 reservation and was told we were early. Greeter seemed frustrated. They found my family a table near the bar. Waitress came by 10 min later and took drink order. 15 min later drinks came out. Ordered appetizers, salads, and main course. Salads came out first then 2 min later appetizers came out. Next, no joke they brought out our main course 30 seconds later. Asked the waitress when she came back can they bring our main course back when we were done with our salads. They did as we asked. Food was not good. Garlic noodles which the waitress recommended were terrible, tasted like burnt garlic. Cannot recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Gluten free in SouthlakeSparkyDined on 1/3/2014Finally gluten free where they just aren't omitting an ingredient or sauce. Had the ribeye sandwich on gf focaccia bread, husband ( also gf) had spicy pasta. Both were great!! Server was very cautious, asked manager a few questions to confirm, it was awesome!, Family friendly and has happyhour, has a neighborhood bar feel. Full gf drink and food menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuk2diningVIPDined on 1/1/2014This was our first visit and we will return to sample more of the very interesting menu. The emphasis is on Mediterranean food and everything is well prepared and fresh. Our party of three had the ahi tuna salad, the salmon and chicken dishes and everything was very good. They really pay attention to the side dishes and presentation as well so the overall experience is very good. A member of our group was given a wonderful chocolate cake dessert as a birthday gift. The service was friendly and well timed. The place has a cozy feeling with a nice fireplace and it was not overly noisy. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Fun, Tasty, and Vibrant Dinner SpotjonathanakinDined on 12/31/2013Among intense competition in Southlake, this restaurant is a standout for treating a visitor as part of the neighborhood. Great crowd and bar beverage choices----loved the cheese paddle board---definitely a stand out! Each dish enjoyed by members of my party was freshly and creatively prepared. I know I will be back!Special Features:
- Very good dinnerLovelydinnefVIPDined on 12/26/2013My wife and I went to this restaurant while visiting friends in Southlake. The restaurant is in the Southlake Town Square, an outdoor shopping center. As a person not familiar with the area it is not that easy to find the place. It is well worth looking for it. The food was very good. We also liked the wine selection. Overall a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- Don't order the PizzaScreaminLizard1VIPDined on 12/24/2013Drinks and Appetizers are good here but the Pizza is awful. The wine is priced competitive but the food seems over priced for what you get. If you want a sports bar to have drinks this is an ok place but not good for dinner.
- Our group of 6 people hadOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2013Our group of 6 people had dinner Christmas Eve @ TrueFire after early church service. We were seated promptly and our server was attentive and friendly throughout our meal. Shared 2 appetizers (crab dip was very good) and had mixed drinks and wine. Blood orange margarita was a winner. Had a variety of entrees (grilled salmon, shrimp diablo pasta, angus beef burger, chicken parm pasta, etc.). All were good and reasonably priced. The menu has a Mediterranean twist to it, so be prepared for that. The dining room area is relatively small but doesn't feel crowded. There is an outdoor patio which has an attractive open-flame fireplace and several space heaters which we have enjoyed in the past, but it was too chilly to sit outside on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short Staffed and ScramblingSpotttersDined on 12/22/2013I have always had good service at Trufire. I made reservations for a large group of 9. We arrived and were seated immediately near the front door. After ordering drinks and waiting for over 15 minutes, we noticed the ratio of wait staff to patrons was small. We ordered and anxiously waited for our food. A half hour later our food arrived - well almost all. My mothers food did not arrive. They stated it fell on the floor and they had to make a new one. So, we finished our dinner as my mothers finally arrived. Seated by the door, we intermittently froze when new people arrived and let in the cold. The waiter was apologetic the whole time, but compensation was made in the bill for our inconvenience, and I will not return. Not a great evening.Special Features:
- And We Are Waitingmimicrosby814VIPDined on 12/11/2013Our office of 8 people had a reservation for 11AM to enjoy a double-birthday luncheon together. We alerted the restaurant that we would be a few minutes late the evening before when the restaurant called to confirm our reservation. We arrived at 10 after 11AM and still had to wait another 20 minutes before being seated at our table upstairs. We then watched several tables of 4-6 guests each get sat, served, and pay before we even got through our entrees. Although there were many people who came to clear plates and pour water and iced tea, no one identified themselves at any point as a manager or why our service in particular was so slow.
- Great Wine SelectionTop10VIPDined on 12/11/2013...At great prices! We were hosting a group of 14 and found this venue has Caymus Cabernet for only 85.00 oer bottle! That is roughly 6 to 10 dollars over retail for this fine wine, when you can find it. The food and service were also fantastic! Hats off to this place for pulling off a great event, at a busy time of year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/10/2013My wife and I are new to Southlake and have dined here 8 times in 5 months. We're working our way through the menu and every entree has been a homerun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta with Meat Balls!Top10VIPDined on 12/2/2013What a great comfort food dish, and it is prepared here with all natural ingredients, and cooked al dente to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Menu OK!Top10VIPDined on 11/17/2013It is not often one finds a restaurant which will veer off of its established menu in order to satisfy a diner. This one will. They were more than happy to put together an al dente rigaotoni pasta dish which including only vegetarian components-fresh tomatoes, garlic, and other tasty veggies. The salmon on top of the spinach salad was also great, and was only $16.00 for both. This restaurant is truly farm to market, no preservatives!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good for the 'burbscsierra7Dined on 11/15/2013I've been to Trufire twice in the past few weeks and both meals were delicious. Caveat though - I am a garlic fiend and this place pretty much has garlic in every single dish. Do NOT go if you don't love it as you will not enjoy the experience. It also has a decent wine list (I favor whites) and the ambience was fairly lively. Glad to see an addition to the usual ho hum restaurants in Southlake - although I know there is another one of these in Dallas it did not feel like a chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the first timeWineOVIPDined on 11/8/2013We returned with another couple for our 2nd visit. Sadly, it wasn't as good as we remembered. The food was average, service was still good. We tried the chicken sandwich that was highly recommended. Average. Friends had the salmon and the flat bread pizza. Pizza was not a crispy crust but pita bread and cold. Our desserts were good, banana split and the lemon olive oil cake. Both desserts were very good. Next time we go we will stick with the pizza and salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!TexasTeaDined on 11/8/2013This was my first visit here, and I have to say that I was impressed. The Tri-Cheese Pizza was phenomenal. The crab dip was a toss up. My friend raved about it, but it was not my cup of tea. I also tried the Pomegranate Crush and loved it! The different flavors mixed very well together. The ambiance was really great, and not too much if you were looking for more of a low key Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and scrumptiousDriDriVIPDined on 11/4/2013You can not go wrong with their specialty cocktails (happy hour 3-6:30!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot to hit before moviesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013My wife and I stopped in to TruFire and found that it was a very nice restaurant that had a great wine list at reasonable prices. We had dinner and both our plates were very good. The outdoor patio is very nice to sit out on, and have a glass of wine as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food firstkeepitsimpleDined on 11/2/2013This is a nice restaurant/bar with friendly staff, a good bar, some nice outdoor seating, and some really good food. The menu is not the largest, but the food is great. This is my new favorite nice/casual place for either lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casually elegant..DrJohnDined on 11/1/2013We had an excellent evening. Service was outstanding! They have a relatively small menu but everything our table ordered was delicious, and many of the menu items are available in full or half portions; a very nice feature. The noise level was high, but mostly because the place was packed and everyone was having a good time. It was contagious. There is no doubt we will all be return customers.Special Features:
- Sockeye Salmon Rocks!Top10VIPDined on 10/26/2013Give this dish a try for some of the best Salmon in DFW. It is a sockeye, which means it is has a slightly bit more of a wild flavor to it than the typical dish, but if you like salmon, it is actually a plus, not a negative. It is laced with a lemon sauce that really brings out the best in the fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to have in the neighborhood!naptxDined on 10/25/2013Nice outdoor dining, limited menu but very good food, knowledgeable and helpful waiter. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, strange service.ChuckDined on 10/17/2013Wife had one of the pizzas, I had a garlic pasta dish that was very good. The problem with the service was that my wife's salad and entree came together. Our appetizer, a nice artichoke, came last. The waiter was very apologetic about the appetizer, which I think was just missed, but no explanation for the salad / entree issue. Still, a nice restaurant with good pasta and interesting pizzas.Special Features:
- The Chicken Entree Great!Top10VIPDined on 10/16/2013I tried the Chicken Entree for the first time, and found it to be superb, just like all of the others I have experienced! It is all about the flavors, and the chef seems to blend mushrooms, onions, cheese, and a little kick, perfectly! I would give this one a second try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Restaurant Continues to Shine!Top10VIPDined on 10/14/2013If you think using strictly fresh farm to market food, served fresh does not matter, do as I did, go to Brio's, eat their dishes, and then come here. The difference in taste and overall wholesomeness is incredible! Support your local farm to market restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding menu choicesWineOVIPDined on 10/11/2013This was our first time to eat here. The fragrant aroma led us to the doors of the restaurant! There were numerous choices on the menu one doesn't normally find in other restaurants. Our server made some excellent choices. We wish they had beer on tap but our waiter said that was coming in the future. You must try the Texas Fig salad. We shared the large salad and the rosemary chicken pizza. The pizza was big enough to share between the 2 of us. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sockeye Salmon Rocks!Top10VIPDined on 10/9/2013I order the sockeye salmon often, because I am concerned they may remove it from the menu due to seasonal supply. This fresh, healthy, fish is cooked to order, and comes with a compliment of innovative sides, all home grown, with no preservatives. It hits the A-Plus mark every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly the food was greatNormVIPDined on 10/5/2013We picked the place for proximity of our location. UWhen walking in it look and feels more like a bar than a restaurant. I was fully expecting pub food. The music was as loud as a lot of clubs and TVs are everywhere. Very pleasantly surprised when my dinner came that it was extremely tasty. I highly recommend the Napa Chicken. My wife and I both agree that we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutMissyDined on 9/30/2013We had a group of 7 girls that were able to sit and enjoy the outside seating area. The service was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy drinks-awesome patio-JUST GO!TXSarahLeeVIPDined on 9/28/2013If you're looking for delicious drinks made with fresh, quality ingredients (hello vodka with strawberries & balsamic vinegar!!), this is the place to be! They use fresh fruit and make their own mixes... No high fructose corn syrup here! Our group tried several of their hand crafted cocktails, and all were phenomenal. We also tried all 3 desserts... so yummy. Though, I was partial to the lemon cake. Plus their patio is amazing. Just go, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.