Truffles Grille & Wine Bar
198 E. Main St. (Rte.16)
Milford, MA 01757Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Truffles Grille & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trufflesgrille.com/
- Phone: 5084821700
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Dinner Serving Dinner Tuesday - Saturday: 5PM - 9PM Available for groups Sunday & Monday. Please contact us for details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Anna Wallach
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The wine room accommodates up to 55 people for a private function. Please call the restaurant to discuss menu options and pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Howard Wallach 5084821700
- Special Events: Group Dinners and Private Functions available anytime
A word from Truffles Grille & Wine Bar
Fine wine, creative food...Truffles is an exciting addition to the Metro West dining scene. This upscale bistro style eatery showcases a winning combination of New American cuisine, a sophisticated wine list and a stylish, intimate and charming ambience. Chef & Co-owner Anna Wallach presents a wonderful Eclectic and frequently changing menu that focuses on fresh local ingredients and seasonal influences. To complement the food, Truffles has compiled an attention drawing wine list with numerous offerings by the glass and has been awarded the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence in four consecutive years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Truffles Grille & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Milford ›
Truffles Grille & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (22)romantic (21)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (17)good for groups (8)Show More
- Valentine's Day specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014The fixe price menu was diverse and interesting...we enjoyed the lobster bisque, and the Chilean sea bass entree...Service was attentive.Special Features:
- Quiet night with my wifeHungrytravellerDined on 2/15/2014We planned a nice quiet evening (the day after Valentines day) for the two of us and thanks to the snowstorm, there were a number of cancellations. While not great for Truffles, this probably helped make the night a more quiet and relaxing evening for us. We had a great meal and the wait staff clearly saw that we were taking our time and enjoying each others company. We never felt rushed, but did feel that we were being attended to. The chef came out to say hello and ask how our dinner went. She took time to ask about various aspects of our evening and make small talk. Overall, we had a great meal and a wonderful experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Consistent Winner!RoseDined on 2/14/2014Truffles is one of VERY few excellent restaurants in metrowest. I judge a restaurant by how consistent they are in quality of food, service, presentation and how creative they are with their menu. Truffles never disappoints! Always fresh, high quality, creative dishes that are presented perfectly! Always excellent service, and the owner greets you at the door and checks in during the night - what could be better!!Special Features:
- DisappointedGourmetluverDined on 2/14/2014Although the food was delicious, I was unimpressed with the service. The waitresses weren't bad, but I found the host to be less than hospitable. I felt that because I'm younger, I received a lesser quality of service than say a couple in their 50s. For this reason, I don't think I'll be back. There's far too many other restaurants to try out in the area.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day / AnniversarymetsnationVIPDined on 2/14/2014We love Truffles and have been coming since it opened. The fixed menu for Valentine's Day was disappointing. We thought it was optional, but that was all that was available. The meal was good, not great. The steak was delicious, the potatoes and asparagus just so-so. The flourless cake was good, but tiny. The tiramisu was plain and tasted like a generic slice of cake. We weren't rushed, but I'm used to a lot better with Truffles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a local class acteasytopleaseDined on 2/8/2014We chose Truffles because we wanted a nice dinner out locally in a quiet setting. We were not disappointed. The menu is just large enough to offer choices ...fish, meat, pasta, ... some spicy, some not. Conversation does not require yelling. When we dine here, we feel like we've gotten away from the everyday bustle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2014We found Truffles quite by accident and have made it our Go-To restaurant. There is nothing bad I can say about the restaurant from the food artfully prepared by the Chef co-owner, to her lovely husband who greets us at the door, to the exceptional wait staff (especiallyPriscilla, who we always request). They have an exceptional wine list and one of the best martinis in the world. I would recommend Truffles without reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exciting menu in Milford!DeeBVIPDined on 2/1/2014What a pleasant surprise, so close to home. lovely ambiance, Amanda was a knowledgeable server who helped us make selections from so many delicious sounding dishes. Amanda was fun and her service was well timed, we wanted for nothing. the food,prepared to perfection. lamb was fantastic. can't wait to go back with friends.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsPearlDined on 1/31/2014We had a very nice dinner with friends. The food was, and has been in the past, excellent. Extensive wine list to please all of us at the table. The mood is perfect for a quite and intimate dinner party. We never feel rushed and are able to have a nice conversation without it being too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant fine dining in Milford MAnhwineDined on 1/28/2014I have had many business dinners here over the years. To start, the bar area is comfortable for a small crowd and drinks are professionally made & served. The beer & wine offering is limited but in a good way. You will find something good to drink before you dine. The dinner menu is also limited but the choices are all good and the variety on the menu satisfies. Seafood, Poultry, Red Meat & a regional dish are always available and the specials are just that special. The ambiance is bit more upscale than most places you will find in the area and the service is pleasant, although sometimes a little slow. You will be attended to if you get the waitstaff's attention. I appreciate being regularly checked on to at least top off water. Good times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truffles Is A Winnersmac531Dined on 1/25/2014Everything was great; sometimes a Saturday evening can be chaotic, but the staff at Truffles handled large and small parties with equal measures of efficiency. The food was delicious, and presented in a very "homey" way. Steak, salmon, pasta and risotto dishes were enjoyed by each member of our party. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone with 30-45 minutes drive of Milford.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at its bestLindaDined on 1/24/2014Absolutely delicious from the sliced breads, seasoned salts, sparkling water with lemon, fine wine, superb entrees (we enjoyed the filet mignon and rack of lamb) and fresh veggies, potato. No room for dessert but I really wanted to try the vanilla bean creme brulee. Comfortable seating, excellent service. Most entrees in the mid to high $20s, some in low $30s. Medium to low lighting. Very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went out with another coupleLCCCDined on 1/10/2014We went out with another couple who had also been there before. The waitress was wonderful, gave us plenty of time to relax, chat & order. There wasn't any pressure to order, nor to leave right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- have always loved this placemaureenDined on 1/8/2014everytime we've been here we 've loved the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for New Years Eve.susanDined on 12/31/2013We went for New Years Eve. It was not posted as Pre-fix and so it was more than I had expected to pay however the meal was excellent, the service was excellent. We enjoyed ourselves and would go back again.Special Features:
- Always a treat!JohnVIPDined on 12/31/2013We have been there numerous times, both on New Year's Eve as well as during the year, and it is always a treat. The food is innovative yet classical and we have never been disappointed. The ambience is terrific and the service is always attentive. We can think of nothing to criticize and of much to praise. We wish the proprietors well in the future, not only for their own benefit, but also for selfish reasons so we can always have a great restaurant close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for a special occasionDiane2605Dined on 12/31/2013We went here on New Years eve. They had a special four course menu, with lots of interesting choices. The food was very good. The service was courteous and professional. The price was a bit steep, but for the meal we had, I thought it was well worth it. Their prices on the regular menu are a bit high, so we would probably only visit this restaurant for a special occasion, and not on a regular basis. But I would recommend it for a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Delicious dining in Milford MaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/10/2013The experience was good. It is a small place, small bar with excellent bartender. The offerings change and are unique. Everything was delicious and obviously fresh. Presentation was great. There was a holiday gathering so it was a bit livlier than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed my friendsWilling2Travel4FineFoodDined on 12/7/2013Truffles impressed my friends who own a restaurant group and are more used to Boston dining at Boston prices. They often say there are few options for fine dining in Metrowest. One friend had rack of lamb, which is his test as to whether the chef is good. Truffles passed with flying colors. Each dish was well prepared and presented. The only complaint from my friends was that we hadn't introduced them to the restaurant sooner. There is a fireplace area which is romantic if there's not a large party or busy bar activity. Other seating options are tucked away for quieter, more private dining. Ask to see all options before choosing where to sit.Special Features:
- Always excellent. The porkOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/6/2013Always excellent. The pork chop and mushroom risotto were superb. Milford's best. And maybe the region's, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the 'burbsCraigDined on 11/23/2013Overall a great meal and very good service, although they could have stepped it up a bit on the dessert menu. Also, our reservations were for 7:30 and they had run out of their one and only chicken dish. Not everyone is all that flexible, so suggest that they at least have a second chicken option available.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!NeighborDined on 11/23/2013Truffles is our stand by for a nice dinner and a great place to take friends. We are never disappointed in the food or service. It's a go-to when we're deciding on where to take someone if we want a mostly casual, great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placebill33oVIPDined on 11/23/2013It baffles me how another restaurant down the street is always packed while Truffles is not. Truffles has a more limited menu, choosing to stay with food from one continent, but that right there is a sign of a better restaurant. Truffles service is outstanding. The servers are very well trained. The atmosphere is understated elegance and the owner is always on hand, usually manning the door. Truffles is not owned by a corporation but by one man who is dedicated to creating a wonderful dining experience. It may cost a little more but if you are out and have to choose, don't go by the number of cars in the parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewconsumerDined on 11/22/2013pork tenderloin was excellent Early dinner package is a sweet deal risotto was blandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply TerrificMagooDined on 11/16/2013Great Food Excellent Service Nice and Relaxing Atmosphere Perfect place for our AnniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around. Have beenLynnieDined on 11/16/2013Great all around. Have been there before and will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambienceDickcapeDined on 10/26/2013The steak filet was cooked rare to perfection. The kale white bean soup was a hit with excellent flavor - one of the best I have tasted anywhere. The tuna was not special. lacking flavor and tasting fishy in spots where dark meat had not been trimmed Overall the food was good and service excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, as always!1FussyDinerDined on 10/25/2013Fine meal as always. My husband had the Ribeye, which was a good portion. It was seasoned slightly more than he liked, but cooked exactly to his med-rare specification. I had the Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Chutney. It came out almost rare so our server, who knows my taste, returned it to the kitchen rather than serving it. Once fired a little more, it was very tender and quite tasty. This is our favorite restaurant, whether celebrating a family event or for a couple's romantic date night.Special Features:
- FOODLCCCDined on 10/25/2013Food has always been excellent as well as ambiance. We love going there for date night & that it's an adult only crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time and love it!!!!!cutes1125VIPDined on 10/18/2013It was my first time but not the last. I love everything we ordered from crab cakes as starter to halibut over lobster corn chowder and finishing off with the pumpkin bread pudding which I think there should be vanilla ice cream as well as whipped cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting New MenuBHarveyDined on 10/12/2013Menu has changed since previous visit; adding some interesting new entrees. The Rabbit Sausage appetizer was excellent. Chicken sandwich and Petite Filet entrees were both very good on this occasion. The Tilapia and Cioppino also looked interesting. Atmosphere is very relaxed making for pleasant dinning.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great service!hgrecruitDined on 10/4/2013What a great recommendation from Open Table! There were five of us celebrating a birthday dinner. The appetizers were outstanding (especially the crab cakes and a shrimp dish) and all five entres were standouts. We each had something different. The special steak was wonderful for the birthday guy. The desserts (the 3 cheesecakes, s'mores and creme brulee) were all scrumptious. Service was just great. We had called about some special dietary needs in advance, and these were quietly taken into account. The white Zinfandel was great. All in all, an A+ experience. We will be back!Special Features:
- Always satisfiedFromMedwayDined on 9/27/2013Arrive before 7:30 if you like it quiet and romantic. I eat here several times per year and am never disappointed. I find new menu items every time, this time I really enjoyed the fall harvest salad with squash and grilled fruit. The carrot ginger soup was delicious also. I love pumpkin and they already had a pumpkin bread pudding for desert, yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceSpotdotDined on 9/19/2013Good food and service. Atmosphere very good for business meetings or dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Anniversary DinnerDrdbluDined on 8/17/2013Haven't been back here for a year, but should have. The service and meal are as memorable as a year ago. Expensive? It can be but it was our anniversary and the menu changes with what the chef can get fresh. The prosciutto with fresh mozzarella was absolutely delicious and the crab cake as close as one get to a Maryland crab cake in New England. Just needed some Old Bay Seasoning. Dinner was cioppino and a half order of haddock over lobster corn chowder. My wife especially appreciated the latter as it saved room for dessert. Try the trio of cheesecakes for dessert - piña colada, key lime and chocolate. The Grgich Fume Blanc and Treffethen dry Riesling ($$$ wines). No hesitation to go back for a lighter meal.Special Features:
- Date Night Friendly2ofusDined on 7/31/2013This was our first visit to Truffles, for an anniversary dinner. The atmosphere on this week night was pleasant and low-key. Service was just the right degree of attentive. I had a half order of the heirloom tomato salad, and the halibut over lobster corn chowder, both excellent. My husband had the pulled pork sliders which he said were fine if a bit sweet. He did not care for the side of baked beans. He felt the menu was rather limited. We ordered desserts to take home. I particularly enjoyed the 3 mini cheesecakes and would make a stop for these alone. Probably not the venue for families with younger children, but a nice couples spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exquisite ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/27/2013A regular choice of ours, every experience remains exquisite. We are never disappointed with the cuisine and the ambiance is always romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2013We visited Truffles last Saturday nite, excellent service with a superb dinning experience. A wonderful selection offered, seasoned perfectly. Fantastic wine selection. A must on your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big treat in a small townMrsmceDined on 7/18/2013We have been eating at Truffles in Milford, MA, since it opened. We have never been disappointed by the food, ambiance or service. The quality of the food and presentation are excellent. It has been a welcome addition to the suburban restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2013Always consistently excellent with welcoming service. They deserve a larger clientele.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.