Truffles Grille & Wine Bar
198 E. Main St. (Rte.16)
Milford, MA 01757Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Truffles Grille & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trufflesgrille.com/
- Phone: 5084821700
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Dinner Serving Dinner Tuesday - Saturday: 5PM - 9PM Available for groups Sunday & Monday. Please contact us for details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Anna Wallach
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The wine room accommodates up to 55 people for a private function. Please call the restaurant to discuss menu options and pricing.
- Private Party Contact: Howard Wallach 5084821700
- Special Events: Group Dinners and Private Functions available anytime
A word from Truffles Grille & Wine Bar
Fine wine, creative food...Truffles is an exciting addition to the Metro West dining scene. This upscale bistro style eatery showcases a winning combination of New American cuisine, a sophisticated wine list and a stylish, intimate and charming ambience. Chef & Co-owner Anna Wallach presents a wonderful Eclectic and frequently changing menu that focuses on fresh local ingredients and seasonal influences. To complement the food, Truffles has compiled an attention drawing wine list with numerous offerings by the glass and has been awarded the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence in four consecutive years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Truffles Grille & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Milford ›
Truffles Grille & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (22)romantic (21)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (17)good for groups (8)Show More
- Food not greatluv2dineVIPDined on 10/10/2014Wanted so badly for this place to have good food because the atmosphere was so cute, but sadly, it fell short in every way. Will not be returning, unfortunately.Special Features:
- Well worth it!!LCCCDined on 10/10/2014We've eaten at Truffles several times. It's a wonderful date night restaurant, quiet, no kids, romantic ambiance. The food is always fabulous, portioned perfectly and for the adult taste! We look forward to our dinners there. They take reservations for two as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truffles - Milford MAjfjeldDined on 10/8/2014our food was delicious, highly recommend the cheese plate (good flavors but a bit small) and the wine flights. I had the haddock which was also very delicious: light and just the right amount of food. My son had the lamb chops and raved and the third in our party had the scallops and said they were delicious too. The pumpkin bread pudding was very tasty but a little dry for me. The wine list is impressive for Metro West - our server was friendly and the food was delivered in just the right amount of time. She did confuse two of the flights and we were served the wrong reds but we did not not request a switch. overall a great find and an a really pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Wonderful service, we had a relaxing dinner and enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mariaperuDined on 9/27/2014We were staying in town for only a night and had no idea if there were any decent restaurants near us. Truffles came up in reviews as being one of the best in the area. The food exceeeded our expectations, but the ambiance was similar to dining in a 1970 food hall. Ask to be seated on the banquette, those were the best seats in the house. Our server was very sweet, but service was slow. However, the meal itself was delicious. We had Oysters, caesar salad, salmon and chicken...all perfect. The deglazed sauce on the chicken was especially rich and amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisaDined on 9/19/2014It was just ok. The food wasn't bad, just not great. My friends salmon was overlooked, not inedible but dry. My fish was just bland.
- As expected .....BobADined on 9/16/2014Another fabulous meal in a great atmosphere with attentive staff.Special Features:
- Truffles was a delight!SusanSVIPDined on 9/5/2014We stumbled on Truffles two weeks ago when we were out exploring new neighborhoods. We took note of the location and returned for dinner Friday evening. What a truly delightful meal! The dining room is comfortable and relatively quiet so my sweetheart and I could enjoy a leisurely dinner. My husband had the wild mushroom bisque and he loved it so much he wanted to lick the bowl. For my entree, I ordered lobster risotto and it was smooth, velvety and filled with large bite size chunks of lobster. The portion was so large, I took almost half of it home. My husband happily feasted on the leftovers. We will definitely return to sample and enjoy new menu items.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceBobADined on 8/30/2014A wonderful gem of a place with fabulous food and great service.Special Features:
- Another wonderful eveningTheHappyCoupleVIPDined on 8/29/2014I have been dining at this restaurant since it opened. It is a wonderful place tucked away in Milford with fabulous food and great staff. Chef Anna is constantly adding new items to the menu and we had one of the new additions tonight - the Red Perch. Absolutely divine. The heirloom tomato salad and squash blossoms were also excellent. If you enjoy fine dining, great atmosphere and service, this is the place!!!Special Features:
- DisappointingeasygoingDined on 8/23/2014Based on previous reviews the expectations were high for a reasonably good meal and it was just the opposite. The salmon was overcooked, dry and tasteless and the potatoes it sat on must have been made a week ago. The linguine that came with the scallops was totally overcooked and mush and the scallops were lifeless. It's funny that after the meal the waitress said "others have not eaten the pasta either but no one complained." Really!!!!
- Excellent dinnertom1968Dined on 8/22/2014We couldn't have picked a better place to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:
- Perhaps the best Place in the AreaDiningWithDon1VIPDined on 8/19/2014If you're looking for a very good place to eat in the Greater Milford area you will not do any better than Truffles. The room is nice, the food has panache, the wine list is better than most. I wish the wait staff was as knowledgeable as the menu portends. That aside, I have nothing bad to say about a place that has a city feel in the 'burbs (at non-Boston prices).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truffles does not disappointmetsnationVIPDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I love to treat ourselves to a great meal at Truffles. We've been going there since it opened and haven't had a bad experience. Great meals, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Elegant Dining Experience1FussyDinerDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I frequent this restaurant about once a month. We know we will always have a top-notch meal in an atmosphere that is quiet and romantic. This chef knows what she's doing when pairing spices and fruits & veggies to bring everything together for a meal that is always exceptional. I am so tired of the mediocre food at these chain restaurants. I'd rather dine out less, spend more, and have excellent fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 422 reviews are from the Truffles Grille & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Rediscovering a local gemSailidadDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I have been to Truffles many times over the years, often for special occasions but this was the first time in over two years. We were pleased to see that nothing had changed, other than a few selections on the menu and on the wine list. I had my favorite dishes, the Spanish Shrimp appetizer (a meal in itself) and Halibut in lobster corn chowder. My wife's roast chicken was perfectly done as well. Howard and Anna continue to operate a rare gem in suburban Metrowest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Evening At TrufflesComstock2Dined on 6/13/2014My daughter and I took her dad (my husband) for an early Father's Day dinner. The service was top notch. We ordered the formaggio plate for an appetizer and that was delicious. My husband ordered the black angus filet, my daughter the halibut lobster corn chowder and I ordered the fresh english pea risotto. My husband and daughter we pleased with their meals but I felt that the risotto was far from creamy, in fact it seemed to have been made with Minute Rice and the sauce was watery, which is why I had to give the food a "very good" rating instead of "excellent."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure we would go againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Been serversl times and was always good. This past dinner was awful from start to finish. Maybe it was the menu - we just didn't enjoy it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Always have a great time. A really good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Date Night!1FussyDinerDined on 5/30/2014My husband & I have been here numerous times, and it's always great. Food is excellent. My husband will eat out at this restaurant for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine here with friendsLewFDined on 5/23/2014Truffles to me is a place for a special dinner with special friends. When I want to bless someone or celebrate a birthday or two (as we did this time), Tuffles is the only place on my list. I treasure a dinner with good friends where I can actually hear the conversation. For special occasions, I go nowhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice gem in the burbsKariDined on 5/8/2014Everything was great. The food and the service. I just felt bad because it was Thursday night and we were one of three tables. I hope the place gets busy on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2014Had nice ambience. The waiter was knowledgable,attentive, and very pleasant! The food presentation was appealing and very well done. It was nice to be able to have a conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrufflesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2014Have eaten here several times and the food is always great. Reservations were very accomodating and they seated us at a requested table. Appreciate their good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014A nice change of pace for the Milford area, which is predominated by the chain restaurants. Quiet adult ambiance and an interesting wine list. Food Menu was different but somewhat limited. It is a good restaurant but not a great one, and so the overall experience was a bit pricier than we believe was justified.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantFrequentDinerDined on 4/18/2014Food is creative and outstanding! Service is excellent. This is a high end restaurant and if you really enjoy a night out with great food and service you need to try it out.Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014I have been here many times for special occasions and find the food, service and wine options the best in the area. We had a work dinner meeting, and I suggested we go there. A group of 8 all found the establishment one they would come back to on their own. The wine selection both by the glass and by the bottle was fabulous and impressed our guest from California! We shared the cheese plate app and the chicopee app; all thought the entrees were larger than expected (2 had the chicken and brought half home!); the desserts were the perfect way to end the evening.Special Features:
- Best in MilfordBestMimiDined on 4/12/2014We are repeat customers - and again not disappointed! Excellent food, great service, the best Fine dining around!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has niche to itselfOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2014Not a Steak House or finicky wine bar or predictable Bistro. Kinda best of the three combined. Bit expensive but has great pric fixe and wine flight that can keep bill down. Service is great. Excellent wine list and food always great from soups (big soup fan) to steaks and burgers. Had burger this time and quite delicous and cooked perfectly (medium rare). Lastly, service was the great blend of attentive but not over bearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peaceful oasis, creative menuFoodie01534Dined on 4/4/2014We wanted a relaxing glass of wine and appetizers at the end of an exhausting week. Truffles was perfect. The dining room with the fireplace and bar was hopping and we'll go back, but the host honored our Open Table request for a quiet table so we were in another lovely room. Service was friendly and attentive The beer choices were limited but interesting. I had Anderson Amber draught and my spouse the white wine flight with a Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, and a sheet describing each one which was fun. We loved the warm nut bread; the roasted garlic bread was just too much garlic for us. We had a similar reaction the the shrimp flatbread - garlic overpowered the dish. The butternut soup was somewhat under seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food exceptional. Easy conversationbillsmomDined on 3/29/2014Food exceptional. Easy conversation in quiet, pleasant room. Never rushed. Great bartender. Nicely greeted by host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrufflesAlexDined on 3/22/2014Excellent food, great service and reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemHollistonDined on 3/21/2014My favorite restaurant outside of Boston. Seasonal menu offers a great selection of appetizers and entrees. Never disappointed in the meal, wine selection, or service. Take it from someone who travels quite a bit eating at some of the world's best restaurants. Truffles ranks at the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerBirthday2UDined on 3/18/2014My husband took me out for this special occasion, our third visit to Truffles and it was a great meal as usual! Good wine, tasteful salads, and delicious bread in the basket to start. (I've made my own bread for years, so restaurants have to choose carefully to make me happy.) I had the blackened mahi mahi and he had the salmon, and we both enjoyed the dishes immensely. The mahi mahi was not too spicy, and the side dishes perfect... I loved the banana and pineapple mixture with mine. We shared a chocolate mousse afterwards and it was just right! Our server's attentions were exactly right, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I go to TrufflesBobADined on 3/8/2014My wife and I go to Truffles as a special out to dinner destination. I see that the menu is being renewed more often and so we plan to make it a regular stop going forward. Excellent food and great service.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerDiningoutDined on 3/4/2014Great food made from fresh ingredients served hot. Creative dishes on menu. Great wine list reasonably priced, including flights of wine for tasting. Menu includes half portions of appetizers, salads and entrees. I had a seafood scampi served over fresh pasta made from scratch. The seafood was cooked perfectly, very fresh tasting and delicate. Nice variety of salads made with fresh ingredients. We will definitely be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseRosemagsDined on 2/22/2014This is a fantastic option for fine dining in the suburbs. We had the crab cakes for an appetizer which were good - not the best I've ever had, but still enjoyable. I ordered the lamb for dinner, and everything about my dinner was perfect. The flavor of the lamb, its temperature, the sauce it was in - all perfect. Even the sides were cooked and flavored perfectly. My husband ordered the short ribs which were also very good. I would go back again in a heartbeat. It is as good as any Boston restaurant but it's a much more convenient location. My only complaint is that we waited a bit too long after we were given the dessert menu - so long, in fact, that we were going to order dessert but didn't because we were tired of sitting.Special Features:
- first time and amazingBlueDined on 2/21/2014was recommended by a friend who lives in milford. we were looking for a restaurant to meet friends with an extensive wine list seeing our friends are wine consultants.The wine list was terrific and the food was amazing. The flavors left our pallets wanting more. The service was attentive and very pleasant. I highly recommend Truffles we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallChuckDined on 2/15/2014Nice atmosphere, great wine list! Food was not bad. a bit pricy for the experience though...Special Features:
- Delicious. Every time.PleasantlyPickyDined on 2/15/2014Truffles consistently serves fresh, deliciously prepared, inspired dishes. My husband and I had a Chilean sea bass dish the other night that was out of this world. The crab topping was delicate enough for the beautifully cooked fish. The appetizers were delightful; the dessert decadent. The wine list does not disappoint. Worth the trip, from wherever you hail. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.