Truffles Cafe - Sea Pines
71 Lighthouse Road
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Truffles Cafe - Sea Pines
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trufflescafe.com/
- Phone: 8436716136
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private dining room which seats 36 guests.
- Private Party Contact: The Manager 8436716136
A word from Truffles Cafe - Sea Pines
A family tradition and neighborhood favorite since 1983. Truffles Cafe is proud to offer upscale dining in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Everything on our menu is prepared daily from the freshest ingredients utilizing farm to table freshness and locally sourced products whenever possible. Enjoy favorites like our center cut filet with homemade buttermilk mashed potatoes, fresh gouper with parmesan basil glaze, our award winning fall off the bone baby back ribs or our perfectly grilled tuna napa salad. We offer a full bar and wine list featuring over 60 bottles from around the world with many available by the glass.Continued
We look forward to serving you, your family and friends soon!
We look forward to serving you, your family and friends soon!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Truffles Cafe - Sea Pines reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- FoodDined on 7/11/2014Great food and service. Love the meatloaf. The pot pie is also very good. Good wine list. Service is friendly and smooth.Special Features:
- FoodDined on 7/9/2014Another great meal at Truffles. This time had the burger, chicken alfredo, and meatloaf. All were great. The slads are also a great choice.Special Features:
- FoodDined on 7/4/2014A July 4th tradition. The grouper was great. Service was wonderful. Love the wine list and the salads.Special Features:
- The following 272 reviews are from the Truffles Cafe - Sea Pines reviews archive.
- Always a favoriteHiltonheadfanDined on 3/11/2014I'm not sure how many times we've been to truffles over our 25+ years at Hilton head - but seeing as we go at least twice each trip I would guess we are pushing 50+ meals at this favorite spot. The service is always great, food is great (as a vegetarian I just wish there were more options for me, and the only reason food isn't a 5 star for me, my family would probably give it a 5) and it is such a great blend of food, wine and desserts (Oreo pie is a 5+!) We will be back again and again and I high to recommend it to anyone to add to their list of island favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Sea PinesFoodieDined on 2/18/2014Went with a group of friends and everyone enjoyed their food. Had great service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Truffles never disappoints. High quality food and great service every time.Special Features:
- Three course sample left us wantingDinner4TwoVIPDined on 1/26/2014We tried Truffles during restaurant week when you could get a three course selection of dishes at a special price. The special only included a handful of main courses which was really fine. It provided a range of items that demonstrated the types of dishes available. I really enjoyed the meat loaf with the house topping. We will definately be heading back. Our only concern was that the restaurant was fairly empty, but they seated us in a tiny booth in the bar area?? The only loud people in the restaurant were in the next booth???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solidCorgiDined on 1/10/2014The food is very good and appropriately hot, service is always very good....we like and will easily go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time atpurple60Dined on 1/4/2014This was our first time at this restaurant, and will not be our last. Our drinks, lemon martini and manhattans were wonderful, but the main course tuna was awesome The menu had the meal with blue cheese butter which I asked for regular butter, and they offered black truffle butter as an alternative. This was a nice touch to the tuna. I plan on returning soon, and will probably order the same dish just because.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to placeMavenDined on 12/31/2013Always a great experience. Great food with very good prices. Warm and fuzzy atmosphereSpecial Features:
- New Year's Eve FailDineHappyDined on 12/31/2013I usually love Truffles, but the service was terrible. Our server brought us a bottle of red wine (it was supposed to be the second bottle of Chardonnay we ordered) and she opened it and poured the red wine into our glass of white wine that had white wine in it by mistake. Also, she brought out two of the entrees for our party of four. After 30 minutes we were still waiting for our other two entrees. The server forgot to order them to the kitchen staff. It was terrible serve. They weren't even that busy. The food was excellent despite the poor service. Never going back to the sea pines Truffles again. I will only be dining at the Pope Avenue Truffles to avoid situations like this.Special Features:
- Always GoodszmilbournDined on 12/31/2013Truffles is the most reliable restaurant on Hilton Head Island and has been for over 10 years. The food is always good, as well as the service. Priced just right. You will never be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2013BLT Saland is the greatest Ask them to add the crab cakes to it. We all had a fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TraditionDreaminDeaconDined on 12/30/2013Every time we are in Sea Pines we make a stop for dinner at Truffles. We have never been disappointed! Food, service, ambiance are all delightful! Till the next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!sbradleyDined on 12/30/2013Their chipotle chicken and tomato dill bisque is to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'Twas the night before thanksgivingBubbie1VIPDined on 11/27/2013Only complaints that steaks we'd ordered were overdone, and since we were very hungry, we did not send them back. Service was a little slow, but it was Thanksgiving eve, the hostes, Shannon, was exteemelly helpful,and welcoming.
- loyal customerbstrestVIPDined on 11/8/2013We had dinner on 11/3, 11/6 & 11/8. The review above serves for all visits and the frequency of visits tells the whole story. See you the next time we are on HHISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2013This is a good restaurant but too noisy and without adequate light to read the menu.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Favorite at Hilton HeadMy3gomesDined on 10/24/2013Truffles is always our first dinner when we pull into Hilton Head. The food never disappoints. It can get noisy at times between the bar and because it is so kid-friendly. I always feel comfortable bringing our three children to Truffles. Always a hit!Special Features:
- Truffles is AwesomeSCEATERDined on 10/21/2013Good Food, Great Attentive Service, prompt seating at reservation time. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pew were a party of 8. WeDebbieDined on 10/18/2013Pew were a party of 8. We had good service at the bar and table. The food was very good & beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Vacation diningCharleyDined on 10/6/2013We always come to truffles our first night after a long drive to Hilton Head. The service is always wonderful, the staff so friendly and accommodating ! The ambience is perfect- dim lighting, giving off a warm and comfortable atmosphere. The food is very good with a varied menu. I look forward to going back again! ( you must try the spinach and artichoke appetizer!)Special Features:
- Great Casual DiningncfoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2013We find Truffles at Sea Pines to be a great "first night" dining spot in Hilton Head. After traveling, it's nice to go to a casual spot that offers good food and drinks. The service and food are consistently very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truffles is Terrific!EmilyDined on 9/23/2013Love this restaurant for brunch, lunch or dinner. White tablecloths, great service and the food is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long time favoriteJessicaDined on 9/6/2013We have been coming to Truffles for many, many years. It is a must each time we visit Hilton Head and the chicken pot pie is always a favorite. Our meal was excellent this visit. The atmosphere was good, however the restaurant was a little too dark and it was freezing cold. This won't stop us from visiting again this week though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite summer spotJayneoDined on 8/27/2013Our family treasures our summer trip to Truffles. Great food, ambiance and wonderful service. From our appetizers to dessert-a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Nice Restaurant in Sea Pinesjtd4080Dined on 8/22/2013Truffles is a nice restaurant in a very convenient location in Sea Pines. It has a stylish decor and and a varied menu - from sandwiches to steaks. Our food was good - nothing to rave about - but good nonetheless, and exactly what we expected. A nice wine list - both by the glass and the bottle - to complement the meal. A very kid-friendly place, despite the appearances of an up-scale bistro. Our service was excellent - our waiter was very friendly and helpful, and we never had to wait for anything. I would definitely return to Truffles to dine there again.Special Features:
- Pleasant, but Slower ServiceLeanneVIPDined on 8/19/2013The food is good and the service if very pleasant, but often slow. That's fine when it's just my husband and myself but with kids it is more difficult.
- Solid food and servicedcffDined on 8/18/2013Good experience in the Sea pines area. Limited menu, but wide choices. I had the pimento cheese burger, it was cooked perfectly, on a good bun, with just enough pimento cheese. The fries were just ok, I asked for truffle fries..given the name. They were just ok, little truffle oil but no herbs or pepper. The Mrs. Had the chipotle chicken, topped with blue cheese and bacon. It was delicious, paired with truffled Mac and green beans. Drinks were expensive but strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first time dinningtonyVIPDined on 8/14/2013It was our first time dinning here since we were on vacations. The place has a high end look with the exception of the christmas lights around the bar area and the paper table tops. As far as dinner, We had a tuna appetizer which it was supposed to be "seared" well the tuna was cooked almost past medium. On top of that the appetizer had about a pound of iceberg lettuce with about 6 pieces of tuna. Needless to say the app was bigger than our entrees mainly because lettuce. Service was a little too slow, our waiter seemed like he was new, but He was really polite and professional. The entrees were good. I had the pork tenderloin and my wife had the salmon both were nicely cooked and had a really nice flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Annual RitualNkipDined on 8/9/2013We have visited here the last three summers and have enjoyed it every time. Though some HH restaurants have a more varied menu, we have never had a problem finding good choices, well prepared. Truffles will continue on our itinerary when visiting Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special but decent foodAnitamdVIPDined on 8/8/2013We've been coming to Hilton Head for 15 years and have visited Truffles several times. Everything was good but there was nothing memorable about our meal. The napa tuna salad was very fresh but the dressing was overpowering. The blondie and Oreo ice cream were shared by 8 people and we still had trouble finishing both desserts. They were both deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need a menu update!SusanDined on 8/6/2013We have been coming to HHI and this Truffles location for many years. Last week we went and overall the meal was good, but not great. Hope it was just an off night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2013Truffles was great. We've been going there for over 20 years. Always goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation gemNellyVIPDined on 8/5/2013This restaurant was in a great location. The food was of a good quality - all fresh ingredients. The dessert 'Blondie' was gorgeous and we split between 4!! We had excellent service - the staff were very attentive and polite.Special Features:
- Food is very good, service goodKellyDined on 8/1/2013We make sure Truffles is on our list of restaurants every year. The food is always very good. This year, however, the service could have been better. My husband had to get up from his seat twice as they moved tables around for different sized groups around us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been vacationing inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2013We've been vacationing in Hilton Head for 15 years. We look forward to dining at Truffles every year...it's become a family tradition. Great food & great service...never disappointed :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodCathyMcDined on 7/26/2013Overall great experience, food was delicious, service was very good. Only one bad impression. We decided to go to the restaurant because our 9 year old son wanted to taste truffles. There was only two item in the menu containing them, filet with truffle butter & Mac & cheese. Our waitress told us that they served truffle French fries at the bar which are delicious but we had to go order them at the bar and bring them back to the table, she could not bring them to us at the table. Ultimately, my husband waited at the bar to order them and they were delicious, but it was an unnecessary inconvenience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedCharmedfromAugustaDined on 7/26/2013This was our fourth summer at Sea Pines and we always include Truffles in our choice of dinning and so far have not been disappointed in the food. It is always flavorful and high quality. Great for lunch or dinner. The fish is always fresh. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Hilton Head RestaurantFavtoeatDined on 7/25/2013We have been to Truffles at least ten times during our annual visits to Hilton Head. It is always a wonderful night out with family!!! The food is outstanding. The service and atmosphere are also top notch!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.