Truffles Cafe - Pope Avenue
8 Executive Park Road
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Truffles Cafe - Pope Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trufflescafe.com/
- Phone: 8437853663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can seat up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Fernando Lossada (843) 785-3663
A word from Truffles Cafe - Pope Avenue
A family tradition and neighborhood favorite since 1983. Truffles Cafe is proud to offer upscale dining in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Everything on our menu is prepared daily from the freshest ingredients utilizing farm to table freshness and locally sourced products whenever possible. Enjoy favorites like our center cut filet with homemade buttermilk mashed potatoes, fresh gouper with parmesan basil glaze, our award winning fall off the bone baby back ribs or our perfectly grilled tuna napa salad. We offer a full bar and wine list featuring over 60 bottles from around the world many by the glass. Outdoor seating is available on our beautiful fully covered terrace. Enjoy a glass of wine or cocktail by the fire and watch your favorite television event on our 100 inch outdoor HD television.Continued
We look forward to serving you, your family and friends soon!
We look forward to serving you, your family and friends soon!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Truffles Cafe - Pope Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- don't visitGocanucksVIPDined on 7/17/2014We have been to a Truffles before and were looking forward to visiting this location. When we got there, there was not hostess to greet us and we had to wait for about 4 minutes before someone would seat us. We told her we had reservations and she looked clueless. We got sat in the lounge. It took us probably 5 minutes to get noticed by the waitress. The food is okay, but it needs to be infused with more flavor. The coconut shrimp were really good. But my steak was tough. Not the best food in the world, but the service needs a lot of work.Special Features:
- Truffles isn't what it used to beMommaMouseVIPDined on 5/22/2014Truffles was always our go to restaurant, one summer we actually went 3x - the appetizers, food and service were always exceptional. We went to the Pope Avenue location and we were extremely disappointed. The menu has changed - per the name of the restaurant "Truffles" - there's not even a mushroom to be found on the menu. It was truly a disappointing experience. The food was so-so if that. Our appetizer was taking an unusually long time to come out so my husband asked our waiter where it was - he said they had dropped the tuna on the floor and were re-doing the appetizer. Sorry, I didn't need to know that my food had fallen on the floor - definitely TMI - he could have said, sorry will be right out. I do NOT recommend Truffles/Pope Ave.
- The following 449 reviews are from the Truffles Cafe - Pope Avenue reviews archive.
- Great!sweaterbootsDined on 3/24/2014My husband and I visited HHI for our 6th wedding anniversary/pre-baby vacation and we found Truffles after a few days of eating more at more casual spots. We made a reservation for 9:15 (they close at 10, I believe) and were seated right away. The menu was great, and the bread & butter were absolutely delicious. We were seated right in front of the bar, which my husband appreciated (March Madness) and it was pretty quiet. The lighting is nice and romantic, and the whole place has a cool vibe. Our waitress seemed a little distracted, and she left us alone for most of the evening. We couldn't find her for refills or the check. Other than that, it was a great experience! We'd definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPembos4Dined on 3/13/2014Our server recommended the grouper off the menu. It was fantastic. We would definitely visit this restaurant again!Special Features:
- Brunch at HHIsteveDined on 3/2/2014We enoyed our brunch at Truffles; I had the egg sandwich, my wife had shrimp and grits, and our friends had fench toast. All were very good. We were early - and the first people in the restaurant on a Sunday morning at 11:00, so was quiet, but seemed to start filling up before we left.. Service was good; although they first seated us in a "tight" booth, although the place was empty, so we asked to move to a near by table, next to windows - which we did, and was much more comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for last minute reservationVafoodiesDined on 2/27/2014Last minute dinner reservation and we were pleasantly surprised at the options available from drinks to the meals to the amazing dessert. The drink menu was not extensive but had a decent range of choices, tried a refreshing piña colada martini, and a Chimay Belgian beer. Moved to a very tasty fish chowder with chunks of grouper and potato in a creamy broth, dinner choices were chicken pot pie and glazed grouper. Dessert was fantastic - a huge warm blondie brownie with ice cream and caramel and chocolate sauce - two can easily share this one! Service was great , Adam was our server, he provided good suggestions and was promptSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We appreciate the solid consistencyTomWDined on 2/17/2014We appreciate the solid consistency of the Truffles Restaurants.Special Features:
- Open Table errorBobelliotDined on 2/16/2014No review today but when we arrived the restaurant -where we have eaten at least ten times-had no record of the open table reservation and gave us some trouble until I showed them the iPhone confirmation. Not good. Your fault or theirs? I don't know if I got points or notSpecial Features:
- Great food loud crowdPharoah1Dined on 2/15/2014Food and menu choices are great... Wait staff was on it. Only downside is the volume of the crowd noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timePigletDined on 2/14/2014My husband & I had a great meal at Alexanders. We both had seafood (salmon and trout) and we can't stop commenting about what great meals we had. Staff was very friendly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerOLDGUYMARCDined on 2/7/2014We chose Truffles for our last dinner o. Hilton Head this trip. Excellent dinner without the formality or heavy cuisine of some other HHI fine restaurants. As it was early February, the restaurant was not full . Service was excellent. Only downside is that there is no sign on executive park drive marking the entrance. Tiny sign is about 150 feet back from the street. But worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/31/2014Fabulous for date night! The food was delicious & the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent winnerMandMDined on 1/17/2014Last minute reservations for an every-other-month out-of-town visitor, again not disappointed. Consistently well-prepared food, varied menu, always something that satisfies the mood. This time a very cold and windy night....Caesar salad good, chicken pot pie just right!!!....served very hot and was perfect! Mango iced tea always a real treat. Wife loves the black bean burger! Service was outstanding as usual. Ambiance here is great----low light, very contemporary, beautiful and inviting. Manager runs a tight ship and always makes the rounds to make sure it's perfect.... will be back again soon. great for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can always count on TrufflesHHIFoodieVIPDined on 12/31/2013You can always count on Truffles for a yummy meal whether it is for lunch or dinner. For some reason their location on Pope Avenue always seems to have slow service where the location in Sea Pines is usually very quick ! The servers are always very nice and aiming to please no matter what.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointinglovstotravelDined on 12/31/2013Whether it's lunch or dinner, the food is always very good and consistent. Nice atmosphere as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantTNFamilyDined on 12/30/2013Great happy hour deals on excellent food. Various seafood and steak selections from which to choose. We love visiting this restaurant every trip to the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicedrakeDined on 12/29/2013Everytime thay we come to Hilton Head Truffles is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our local favoriteArtexcDined on 12/24/2013Close enough that we can walk, after trying many in the Coligny Circle we settled on Truffles as the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gourmet knows its truffles!DSSNCDined on 12/23/2013Another terrific meal from Truffles. We fell in love with the cafe years ago, and its menu has only gotten better. The service is always attentive without being overbearing. We love bringing guests to dinner here because we can always count on a high quality experience.Special Features:
- Great food. Service-naahSheareeVIPDined on 12/10/2013When we arrived the host opened the door, took our reservation info and immediately seated us. Great start! Eventually our server came to take our drink order. And eventually returned to do the save for meal. Considering there were only 2 other small tables in the restaurant, u would presume better service. Everything was just really slow going. The food was great. Just can't say the same for the service this time. Me-half rack ribs. super tender. great flavored sauce. fries and slaw were good. He-Fish sandwich (blackened tilapia with fries and slaw). Everything was great tasting and filling. Just sooo slow!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truffles for LunchSheareeVIPDined on 12/8/2013I chose this restaurant at the last minute before leaving the resort for lunch. I chose well! Lovely décor. Happy & polite staff. Great menu options. Me-raspberry lemonade (it was homemade) and a grilled César salad. The salad was huge! And I got 2 skewers of perfectly grilled shrimp. He-raspberry lemonade, Eggs Benedict with candied apples & raisins, cheesy grits, croissant with raspberry butter. I did tasted the apples, they were soooo good. I was told to stay off his plate :( Very good meal for a very good price. Service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseScgirl1957Dined on 11/25/2013After recently moving to the area, it was our first visit to Truffles. My husband and I both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. He had the salmon and I the Mahi. Our permanent home will be near the Bluffton location so we will be returning...but probably not to the HHI location. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not specialOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/15/2013Varied menu, friendly service, nice ambiance. Food good but doesn't really live up to the superlatives on the menu descriptions. Service needs work, to be more than just friendly; needs to be prompt and not forgetful. Though the prices reflect those of similar eateries, they remain on the high side relative to the quality of the food. All things considered, would return and recommend with reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DininggoodfoodenjoymentDined on 11/14/2013One of the best crabcakes ever enjoyed. All entrees were well above average and we will return again. Hilton Head is fortunate to have this business.Special Features:
- Nice for A Casual MealphylVIPDined on 11/7/2013We always come here when we are in Hilton Head. It is great for a casual meal in a nice atmosphere. Hamburgers are wonderful! The peanut chocolate pie is amazing!Special Features:
- Good home-style foodJohnVIPDined on 11/4/2013Chicken Pot Pie was very good, but crust was soggy. Salads very good. Deep fried 1/2 chicken was good. The Open Table reservation got us a table in the bar (no bar custormers were there.) Server was pleasant and attentive. A place to go when you don't want to cook in but you don't want to go to a fine dining establishment.
- Frequent dinercook65Dined on 11/2/2013We enjoyed our dinner at Truffles Cafe, once again. We split a rack of ribs and the meat was delicious, but there was a little too much sauce on the ribs. Service and atmosphere enjoyable as always. I highly recommend the chicken pot pie, southwestern salad and the burgers. We always have a great meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truffles Cafe, Hilton HeadBillBDined on 11/1/2013Grouper was fresh, prepared well, delicious. Food presentation was exceptional. Caesar salad was very good but not awesome. Had the homemade pumpkin pie for dessert. It came with cinnamon ice cream. Presentation was exceptional. Pie and ice cream combo were excellent. Memorable evening. Great job Truffles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchTNTCVIPDined on 10/29/2013Great drinks and clean flavorful regional favorites. Try the Pomtini - Wow!Special Features:
- Always goodJimgDined on 10/27/2013We find Truffles to be very consistent and always good. Pleasant surroundings, well priced for a sandwich or a full meal. You can't go wrong at Truffles .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love Crab !!!AixPatriotVIPDined on 10/22/2013Crab cakes are one of the best around! Great wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, too cold and too darkKirkHDined on 10/17/2013The menu has a lot of interesting choices and the food was good. Unfortunately, it was way too dark and too cold for us to really enjoy ourselves. We should have asked to be re-seated outside where it seemed warmer and brighter. We asked our waiter if he could adjust the light above our table or the air conditioner. He appeared to be accommodating, but nothing was done.Special Features:
- NIce venue with great foodgmrolltideDined on 9/28/2013We enjoyed our dinner. Each member of our party ordered a different meal and everyone satisfied. The chef is excellent.Special Features:
- serviceBobT33Dined on 9/27/2013We had 2 young severs that were absolutely outstanding. One was in training and the other young man was So professional and spot on. My wife and I had a great experience because of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad AttitudeKenCVIPDined on 9/20/2013We were seated in the noisy bar area. Had to ask for a table in a quiet area-there were plenty available. I have a gluten allergy and even though they advertise a GF menu they didn't have one. The server was supposed to be knowledgable but he did not understand at all. We walked out without ordering anything.
- Great FoodSGINZVIPDined on 9/18/2013Good food,service, price Come to Hilton yearly and stop at this gemSpecial Features:
- Great time at Truffles!jbc1Dined on 9/14/2013We had a wonderful Ladies' Night begin at Truffles. The menu had enough variety to satisfy everyone in our group and each lady raved about her selection. The staff was incredibly courteous, professional, and fun. At the end of our Hilton Head vacation all the ladies agreed that Truffles was #1 of all restaurants we visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHWT3VIPDined on 9/13/2013We live here on Hilton Head and have eaten at the other Truffles, in Sea Pines Center and in Bluffton. Based on our experiences at the other Truffles restaurants, we were disappointed with Truffles on Pope Ave. The noise lever was pretty loud but tolerable. Our waiter was very nice and tried really hard but he had way too many tables including at least one on the porch which made his job harder. They had no vegetarian meals on the menu and the waiter recommended leaving meat off a pasta dish. When it came out, they had left off the chicken but not the bacon bits. Had to send it back. Half of my tuna steak was very good, the other half was very bad fishy tasting.
- Always a vacation highlightJilkaVIPDined on 9/13/2013We discovered this restaurant 3 years ago when we visited HHI for the first time. The food is delicious (highly recommend the pimento burger) and the service is attentive and always present. We always make sure to schedule at least one meal at Truffles during our vacations. Already looking forward to next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible weather, great dininghikergirlDined on 9/2/2013We all had different meals with all the dishes coming out just right. Next time I would stick to only once crab cake. Too much even with sharing the dessert. The Alfredo pasta was made all the better with the addition of spinach and tomatoes and the Blondie for dessert was wonderful.Special Features: