2250 Apres Ski Way
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://trufflepigrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (970) 879-7470
- Hours of Operation:
Closed for Shoulder Season. Reopening for Winter Season on Friday, November 28th, 2014.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties welcome
- Private Party Contact: Joshua Eckhaus 9708797470x
A word from Truffle Pig
Truffle Pig features casually elegant cuisine crafted from the finest and freshest ingredients - Expect simple, satisfying dishes paired with outstanding wines from around the region and the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Truffle Pig - Best Restaurants in Steamboat Springs ›
Truffle Pig reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not as good as last timeTrishDined on 9/12/2014We were there several weeks ago, and the entire experience was wonderful. While this time was very good, the service was not as prompt or personal, the food was just a little less good -- took too long (and the restaurant was NOT crowded) and the steak frites was just a little overcooked. So, this was a Friday night, it was early and the weather was a little cool -- don't know if the regular chef was on duty, but something just a little off. However, in the big scheme of things, we really like this spot and really love the food. So I guess everyone has a bump in the road sometime. We will be back.Special Features:
- very good!tastebuddyDined on 9/1/2014Enjoyed sitting outside in late August with a beautiful view of the ski mountain. The outside area is heated so it feels great on a cool evening. The sangria was delicious. We had several appetizers and especially liked the crab cakes. The spinach ravioli with duck egg was delicious as well. The small fried bread is tasty but not really a bread. That is the only thing I did not like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Another ShotTerryTVIPDined on 8/30/2014They seemed a little understaffed. We waited at the hostess station for several minutes before we were noticed. Once seated the staff were very friendly the pace to which we were visited was a little off. The bill came and it was just 10%. My flatiron steak had good flavor but although I ordered medium, it came out very rare (purple in the center). My wife's Salmon was awesome but also a little under cooked in the center. The manager did come out and apologize for the steak and chatted with us a while about the area and some great hikes we should try. I really love the look of the place and you can tell they can put out great food. I think we just caught them on an off night. I would give them another shot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but...ThreeLittlePigsDined on 8/29/2014We adore Truffle Pig but we've noticed over the past year that it's due for some tweaking to stay at the top of its game. On our last visit, most of our food arrived cold. The service remedied the problem but we couldn't help but notice the inconsistencies. We hope they return to their A game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Exceptionally Good Slopeside EatLeftyMHVIPDined on 8/20/2014Both Summer and Winter, this location delights the senses. The outside eating deck has an inviting fire pit and nice views of the ski mountain. The food is consistently good and this time we ate Kobe burgers and fish and chips. Our waitress was a jewel, and that was her name but I didn't catch the spelling. Very pleasant, and she gave us very good and accurate recommendations and descriptions of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTrishDined on 8/9/2014The view is gorgeous, wait staff was friendly and accommodating, the food (we had flat iron steak) was REALLY good. Drinks and wine also good. We will go back.Special Features:
- Awesome time!TerpfanDined on 8/8/20146 of us had a great dinner form apps though dessert. Service was excellent and they have a great wine list.Special Features:
- JokeTruthDined on 8/2/2014What a tourist trap , it's like putting lipstick on a pig and calling it fine dining , steak was bland and not dry aged as stated , dates where just that dates nothing special 11 bucks for three really? If you like good food stay away from this place only the high price is fancy
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2014We sent the calamari back twice - it was cold and greasy. The rest of the food was OK but for the price it should be better than OK. The server had too many tables so it was hard to get her attention and that hurts when they add on a 20% tip for a group of 8.
- Service people over extendedAmstoneDined on 7/12/2014Service was good in terms of moving us inside when too windy and chilly. They turned on fire pit to help with chill first. appetizers were cool when they arrived see server had too many tables to attend to. Food was pretty good, but not stellar by any means.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014I was concerned after reading old reviews, but we talked to the new owner, Scott, who purchased it in November and he replaced the chef and a lot of the staff. The food was great. We had the addictive Truffle Fries, the huge Kale Salad, and the Salmon (which was cooked perfectly) on a bed of red quinoa and vegetables. Our waiter, also named Scott, did a perfect job. We were finished with our two courses and coffee in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Try to eat outside on the deck as the views are gorgeous! No complaints here! We can't wait to go back! It has a great location in the ONe Steamboat Place which is right next to the slopes.Special Features:
- Absolutely excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Fabulous food, excellent service, view of the mountain, great wines. I have been here summer and winter and find it great --more lively après ski, lovely in the summer.Special Features:
- Not that greatMarkoVIPDined on 3/30/2014Ok for a gastro-pub but not as special as they bill it. Just pretty good bar food. Drinks not that good. If your gonna charge $12 for a mojito it should at least be decent. Sadly, even after a polite complaint, it was still pretty bad.Special Features:
- The food was pretty good butFoodeaterVIPDined on 3/21/2014The food was pretty good but the service was terrible. Our entrees were on the table a full 5 minutes before we had silverware. Things we asked for on the side weren't, we had to ask for bread 3 times, and the brought out the wrong dish to one person. A few of us were hungry and finished our dishes first and the staff tried to clear everyone's food, finished or not. Never once saw a manager. I understand you have few options to dine out near the mountain, but if you're charging $25 for a cheeseburger, you better have $25 service. This was more like .25 cent service. Food was ok for the price, wine was great, service was awful.Special Features:
- Awesome Osso Bucco!ImagineDined on 3/16/2014After a great recommendation based on our wine choice our waiter recommended the Osso Bucco and it turned to be outstanding! My wife had the Flatiron steak and it was tender, cooked to perfection and great flavor. We already liked the restaurant for their truffle fries but this experience topped the last and was definitely memorable. Would recommended this to anyone going to Steamboat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ski day lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014My kids an I met my none skiing wife for lunch at Truffle Pig and ate out doors. The view is magnificent and the outdoor patio is very comfortable and charming. The wait staff was knowledgable and engaging. The food is first rate. We had appetizers of olives and truffle oil almonds . The main course ranged from grilled cheese, fit for an adult, to salmon. Everything was delicious. Don't forget the Truffle fries. Can't wait to come back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.BMOJDined on 3/15/2014We enjoyed all of our food and the service was great. We would definitely go back on our next visit.Special Features:
- not a restaurant , bar serving foodhplmVIPDined on 3/15/2014Reservation for 17.30h restaurant side empty we get a table front and center of the toilets. Waitress never was more than 3 sec. at the table. Bottle of wine took 10 min to appear. Food was very good. But for those prices I expect a table cloth and less noise.Special Features:
- Don't order the halibutOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/13/2014The kitchen had no idea how to prepare a halibut steak and severely overcooked my fish to the point of totally drying the flesh. Everything else that we ordered was alright, but there was nothing about the food, ambience, or service that would recommend the restaurant. We were very disappointed, and we didn't really have very high expectations.
- It's the details that are missing.BalancedVIPDined on 3/9/2014Great location Bad entrance dull food. Was t sure if we had ordered fries as a main course or the other way around. No flavor with the halibut. Would not negotiate price when out of wine selection.
- Good food, but TOO loud!FoodieDined on 3/8/2014We've always enjoyed the food here, but the noise level was over the top! Our family of five could not hear each other speak and couldn't wait to leave for all the noise! It was a breath of fresh air ( literally) to step outside and hear nothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fabulous serviceMaryleeVIPDined on 3/7/2014We had an interesting and delicious meal. We has a wonderful dining experience in spite of a very full restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- None of the abovetoughtopleaseDined on 3/2/2014On a nice warm day, the view from the back deck might be nice, but I can't think why I'd want to waste my time. My dinner was awful, and the service wasn't much better. The waiter was nice enough, kept asking what he could bring us. My husband asked for a refill on his soft drink, the waiter said sure and never remembered to bring his drink until after we asked for the check. He never once asked me if I wanted a refill. We ordered ceasar salad to start - too much dressing with NO taste. We both ordered the hangar steak since it was the only item on the menu not smothered in something, but it had no taste either. My husband doesn't use salt on anything, but kept pouring it on the steak for flavor. Steak came with fries that were barely warm.
- What a comebackJD2000Dined on 3/1/2014This restaurant has quickly become one of steamboats best again, as new partner/operator has injected new passion in the place. Great ambiance and bar scene. New menu is well thought out and very complete offering great appetizers and good offerings of both fish and meat plates. Great job Scott! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Decent MealDBNYCVIPDined on 2/28/2014Not sure what all the praise is about. Thought the food was OK and the service to match. My flatbread was really a Pizza. My friends Osso Buco was a dry. Ordering a glass of wine mid-meal took to the end of the meal to arrive. That said, the chocolate desert was sinful.Special Features:
- Entrees were very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/21/2014Entrees were very good but portion size was crazy small especially for the high prices. (lots of veggies, very small protein portion),Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server lost our creditKatieVIPDined on 2/16/2014Our server lost our credit card after swiping it for the bill. She spent 20 minutes trying to find it, but didn't offer us anything while we waited. Someone at the table gave her a subtle hint that a round of drinks would soften the blow, but when she found the card she didn't think she needed to do anything. Aside from the poor service, the food was very good.Special Features:
- Great mountainside eatery!TandCVIPDined on 2/16/2014Other than a clueless waiter on this particular visit, this place is always fun and the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little overratedFamilyFiodiesDined on 2/16/2014Hard to get reservations but after all that, the service was slow and the food was just ok. Homemade pasta clumped, salad was bland, mussels were ok, and cookies/milk (while tasty) took forever. And how long does it take to bring. Kid a root beer?Special Features:
- Great place for dinner after skiingLV4EVERVIPDined on 2/8/2014Our group of 4 thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Truffle Pig. The server was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu and wine selection. We were encouraged to take our time and enjoy ourselves. I disagree with the previous OT reviews - the new management must be working. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- New place for usOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/5/2014It's been a 5 years since we were in Steamboat. Wanted to try a new place for dinner. Glad we decided to check out the Truffle Pig. The food was excellent and we got a bottle of wine we had never tried before.Special Features:
- Much improvedSnKeDined on 1/25/2014Great to have a much improved restaurant in a good location at the base.Special Features:
- Great food, ok service.MelissaAKDined on 1/25/2014The food was great but the service was slow and my order was taken incorrectly. The mistake was remedied quickly after it was discovered but considering the long wait for service in general I would not recommend the restaurant highly.Special Features:
- Grill-Delicious and Adult Après-SkiLeighbVIPDined on 1/19/2014After several excellent visits for their popular Après Ski menu, we enjoyed an outstanding dinner visit. Grilled Double Pork Chops with unique and tasty sides, plus Colorado Lamb Chops grilled perfectly. We have had friendly, patient, great service in all visits, which was delivered during the noisy and crowded Après Ski and at quieter dinner hours. The only inconsistent item has been Calamari appetizer; two times perfect, then 3rd time chewy, dry, over-cooked. With no argument, it was removed from table and bill. The outdoor rectangular fire pit can be a comfy spot for a hot toddie. Free valet parking next door if not staying at the resort base village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better than recent reviews.61raddeacVIPDined on 1/16/2014I don't know where the recent poor reviews are coming from. They're either from way picky diners, or the problems have been fixed. We had 6:30 reservations on Thursday of MLK weekend and were promptly seated. We sat in the bar area which had a great lively vibe. Drink orders were taken as soon as we sat down. Aaron our server was friendly and attentive. Scott, the owner was working the room without being pretentious. I had the boneless duck leg confit. Perfectly crisped skin with succulent meat. My wife had a lamb bolognese with tagliatelle. Both were perfect with our Napa Cab and the coo mountain air. Definitely worth the trip.Special Features:
- Been in SBS for a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/11/2014Been in SBS for a long time but never tried this restaurant. Went based on recommendation of a friend who indicated the new management has changed things for the better. Sadly, this is not the case. Really bad service (2+ hours with 2 kids) and overcooked or poorly prepared food, constant upselling by the waitstaff. My hope is that "new management" will right the ship as this could be a nice spot given the location and ambiance. Perhaps the service staff needs to be changed given their unalterably poor performance (based on other reviews found here)? My advice would be to wait and go to restaurants that are recognized as better until this place gets its act together.
- Better than recent reviews indicateHoodratDined on 1/6/2014Recent reviews were off putting but we decided to give "The Pig" a try. We were surprised by the loud sports bar appearance on entering and pleased to find that there was another area and that the music could be down in that section. As others reported, service was slow. We were there for nearly two hours with little drinking and no dessert. The waitstaff was attentive, so we attributed delay to the kitchen. Our food was excellent, with the only negative being that one entree, a special, was skimpy. We felt larger issues reported by others were due to new ownership and the dramatic change in tempo in ski towns when the holidays and superb snow arrive together. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad luckLaurenVIPDined on 12/28/2013It seemed like we had some bad luck in that we were seated shortly after a large party and it's the busiest week of the season. As a result, we waited nearly 30 minutes for food without much communication about the timing until the manager/owner came to apologize. Our food was undercooked (mussels and salmon), so we didn't even finish our meals. Our drinks were great, but we also had to wait for fresh strawberries to be re-stocked since that was a main component of the drink. The bread and tapenade were excellent and the medjool dates stuffed with chevre and wrapped with bacon were solid.Special Features:
- skip it. go to Carl's TavernKevinVIPDined on 12/22/2013The Menu was not the same as in Open Table. They did not have enough variety of non red meat items. I went for the bouillabaisse. I had to go with the risotto. They had run out of their mussel appetizer by 6:30pm. Really? They sat us in the bar for a dinner reservation. The food was bland and uninspired. Go to Carl's Tavern. You can thank me later.
- Food was good but managementOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/21/2013Food was good but management should not let the ski wait staff choose the music which was too loud.