Troya - Fillmore
2125 Fillmore Street
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Troya - Fillmore
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.troyasf.com/
- Phone: (415) 563-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 10:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: M-Su 5:00pm-10:00pm
Brunch: Sa-Su 10:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Philip Busacco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
A word from Troya - Fillmore
Troya, a Mediterranean restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Troya - Fillmore - Best Restaurants in Pacific Heights ›
Troya - Fillmore reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (26)great for lunch (23)great for brunch (13)special occasion (11)hot spot (11)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- We really enjiyrd the foodLunaDined on 11/16/2014Spectacular roasted Brussels Sprouts starter and delicious flat breads. Both still and sparkling water are included at no cost. Server attentive and personable. We had 2 starters, a flatbread and one entree and cost was about $35 pp including T&T.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnchantingFoodProfessor1VIPDined on 11/14/2014The food was beyond compare. Tina was a gracious hostess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ordinarymccalmoVIPDined on 11/11/2014If you want some quick kebabs for lunch and you are not much of a fuss pot, then this place will work for you. But the food is very formula and the salt doses are stunningly high at times, so be careful if you are on a salt-restricted diet.
- Mediterranean DelightSusieQDined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed my meal here very much. Many vegetarian/vegan options. Wish they hadn't run out of some things on the menu! I got there at beginning of dining hour at 5:30 pm. Can't figure out how that happened! Very nicely prepared food. Fresh. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SarasotaLadyVIPDined on 11/5/2014A friend and I had dinner at Troya last week and were not disappointed. The service, food and wine were just what we expected after reading other reviews and I feel so lucky it is in my neighborhood as I can't wait to go back! We shared dishes so were able to try various items from the menu and loved it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious LambdvnoneVIPDined on 11/2/2014If you're a fan of lamb, this is the place! The lamb kabobs were flavorful and very tender. The lamb meatballs were incredible! Their menu is small, but a nice variety.Special Features:
- Best Falafels Ever!CeatsoutDined on 10/29/2014This nice little cozy spot in the Fillmore Jazz district is a gem! It's a clean and simple, but very charming in appearance. The service is attentive, warm and honest. The food is OUTSTANDING - fresh, delicious and beautifully presented. I had the falafel plate, my friend had the lamb meatball wrap, which we followed with turkish coffee chocolate pot de creme - WOW! I look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot onJGC1VIPDined on 10/27/2014Always congenial service! Delicious food. Many options. Never ever disappoints!Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014I really enjoyed everything about our meal. The service was top notch and loved the food.Special Features:
- Good experienceBirdiecatVIPDined on 10/21/2014I will be going back again because I love middle eastern food and vegetarian fare. It is a typical SF scene, small tables, cramped quarters but good food served by friendly waiters. I would recommend this restaurant. Parking is not as hard as some other neighborhoods but be prepared to drive around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates dinnerjaneyoVIPDined on 10/20/2014We made a varied and delicious dinner out of the restaurant's small plates selections.Special Features:
- Great food!YummyEatsVIPDined on 10/17/2014I always enjoy Troya! The food is great. I lived in Turkey for 2+ years and I was thrilled their food is quite authentic here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TroyaTroya2014Dined on 10/16/2014Always hesitant to visit a spin-off of a well liked neigborhood restaurant. This one proved to be as good as the original. I'm very pleased.Special Features:
- Best Turkish Restaurant in SFy2shortVIPDined on 10/15/2014I've always loved the original Clement Street location, but this was my first visit to Troya's Fillmore Street restaurant. I found the menu to be quite similar (actually, I believe Troya revamped its Clement Street menu to look more like the Fillmore Street version), and the food to be similarly fantastic. Standout dishes included the crispy spiced brussel sprouts, flatbread with broccolini, manti, and chicken kebabs. While I probably prefer the space on Fillmore Street, I found the service to be more attentive and friendly at the Clement Street location (although that may be because I'm a "regular" at Clement).Special Features:
- ExcellentRebgatVIPDined on 10/9/2014Great service. Delicious meal. Highly recommend. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many items "86'd"OutOfFishDined on 9/26/2014I returned to Troya for a business lunch specifically because my colleague and I loved their halibut skewer lunch special. They were out of halibut. And also out of falafel. Since I don't eat meat that left me with very few options. I got the cauliflower wrap, which was mostly greens and a few small pieces of cauliflower. Not satisfying at all. I'll only return if I call ahead and get confirmation that they have halibut. Bummer that they can't support their daily / regular menu better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef?FillmoreFoodieDined on 9/22/2014Twice in four days I ate at Troya - a dinner and a lunch. Lunch was a bit of a disappointment - had the falafel wrap and only 1 falafel in each 1/2 so in essence I had a salad pickle wrap with a tinge of falafel. The dinner meal used unusual spices I had not experienced here before, though I had a familiar (?) dish. I was a bit disappointed in the food taste and bounty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014Food & overall restaurant was good, except that wait staff wasn't very attentive. The restaurant was half empty, even so attention to customers need was not present. You could see wait staff engaging in long conversation at bar area.Special Features:
- Excellent Turkish CusinedatspeedVIPDined on 9/7/2014The Fillmore Troya has a very different and expanded menu compared to the Clement location. The mezes are great with varied offerings - Grilled Halloumi Cheese, Stuffed potato skins w/lamb bacon along with the Lahmajun flatbread were wonderful. We also tried the lamb beyti, lamb kabob and Branzino for two. Only complaint - arugula used in too many dishes. Make sure to try the Turkish bread. The menu changes so it's not always the same offerings as the on-line menus. Recommend for brunch, lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- My new favorite placeDebKDined on 9/5/2014LOVE this restaurant! The food really stands out, even in this food-centric town. The breads (flat breads, as well as the breads served with the dips) are outstanding. The "dips" (my word, not theirs) are incredibly delicious (muhamarra, hummus and haydari). The smoked eggplant puree that my lamb brochette came with was divine (as was the lamb). The peach/arugula salad was unbelievably good. I just don't have enough superlative words for the food here. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- very good but small size portionsbtio3000Dined on 8/31/2014Very good everything, qualities, service etc. etc. but sizes are a bit too small. It's how they feature themselves, I guess, but still :)))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kat7979Dined on 8/31/2014This a favorite standby as it is always good. I try different things whenever I come and each dish is fantastic. I've never had a bad experience here and the service is friendly and great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Middle Eastern findnancyDined on 8/28/2014We very much enjoyed the food at Troya on Fillmore. It was well prepared, interestingly seasoned and nicely presented. The chef uses an unusual combination of spices. The food is very different than the usual kabob and pilaf combinations that middle eastern restaurants usually serve. It's inventive and tasty.Special Features:
- Cali twistellaschrisVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food was very good, didn't like the arugula under every dish we ordered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish ModernSFJonesyDined on 8/25/2014Tried this place with a friend who had a Groupon and we were both delighted with the experience. The grilled peach and arugula salad with the yogurt dressing and almonds was terrific and refreshing. The crispy Brussels sprouts and the heirloom tomato flatbread were very tasty and good together. My friend's chicken kabobs were nicely spicy and very tender. My beef with dumplings was good but I thought the sauce was too much sour cream and not enough other flavors. We were too full for dessert, though later we both wished we'd tried something! Highly recommended (the Fillmore St. location).Special Features:
- Good food, good ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Troya has solid food and a nice vibrant ambiance. It is a bit on the pricey side if you order appetizers and drinks, but it is a good neighborhood place to go to once in awhile.Special Features:
- Delightful Neighborhood Gem!SFFoodiejlcDined on 8/14/2014Troya offers an innovative menu utilizing only the best Bay Area seasonal produce. The wait staff are friendly and are able to intelligently discuss the menu items and make spot on recommendations. Troya has been added to my top five favorite SF dining spots!Special Features:
- Great Food, Portions too SmallSFWillDined on 8/5/2014Everything great -- but portions are just too small. Raise prices 5%, increase portions 25% --> much better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restauranteaterVIPDined on 8/1/2014We've eaten here a number of times, and always have loved the food, appreciated the service, and found that four of us can converse comfortably. The menu changes often enough to keep us returning to try new things. But we'd come back to feast on the same things also, since the food is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive Turkish MediterraneanleomintDined on 7/31/2014Excellent options for vegetarians and for those who enjoy lamb and fish: from mezes to large plates. The hummus, haydari, and muhammara with house made turkish bread (small rolls) is a generous portion. While the restaurant makes their own bread, you usually have to ask for more. Service is attentive but they can rush you with clearing tables. I highly recommend both locations: on Fillmore and Clement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experienceDaveyRVIPDined on 7/30/2014The operative word for the "small plate veal meatballs" is expensive. 2 smallish meatballs and garnish for $14+tax+health insurance+tip? Yikes. Vege mousakka was very good but served sufficiently hot that it was boiling and required almost a 10 minute wait for it to cool sufficiently to eat. Service was spotty due to understaffing; those where there were working hard.
- The following 179 reviews are from the Troya - Fillmore reviews archive.
- Really good overall-food, serviceNodeadbodypartspleaseDined on 7/27/2014Very Good middle eastern food. I am a vegetarian and from the warm olives to the excellent lentil soup to the vegetarian maza to the falafel platter to the pistachio baklava, everything really good. Very attentive and happy wait staff. Rather have thinner bread then the thicker Turkish bread but just get romaine lettuce leaves instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Troya Staff RocksSanFranFoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014the most smiling kindest servers in San Fran! Thank YOU so much for making my 1st time at Troya so memorable. Now let's address the food: WOW WOW WOW - those brussel sprouts are 5 stars! I'm coming baaaaaaack :)Special Features:
- I Love this Place!qpaveoDined on 7/22/2014The food, the service, the ambience, all 5 stars. I haven't been to Turkey but if Troya is half as good as the food in Turkey I can't wait to visit. Plus, the people that work there are very nice and always help my wife and I find a table without reservations.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014The salads and food at Troya are excellent. I had an important business lunch with a colleague fromLos Angeles at Troya on Monday. The food was terrific. Our waiter was not. Surely they can find more personable and interested wait staff. If I had known it qould be so unpleasant I would have taken my lunch meeting to Cafe des Amis or Spruce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't return to TroyaBB77Dined on 7/21/2014The quality at TROYA has gone down. Less food, higher prices, unfriendly service Will not go back
- spicy lunch on a misty dayPHcoupleVIPDined on 7/21/2014my wife and I were in SF on a rather wet and misty weekday, found a parking place on Fillmore St (gasp) and headed to Troya for an early lunch. Excellent but spicy (which I like) dishes, and the lentil soup was outstanding. Also enjoyed a Czech beer, not seen everywhere. Will be going back here again.Special Features:
- Great for post-movie dateLianaVIPDined on 7/18/2014We had a reservation right after seeing a movie at the Kabuki, which is just a few blocks away. Their menu is eclectic and has seasonal variations. If you're not famished, you can order their small plates. We had lentil soup, roasted Brussel sprouts, a cheese dish, and grilled anchovies. All yummy. They offer sparking water; a nice touch. And the management is very friendly.Special Features:
- Perfect little spotstonerfoodVIPDined on 7/10/2014When you want a nicer alternative to La Med, Troya is it. More innovative, nicer interior design, more space to breathe. Service is great and the food was delicious. We tried things we've never encountered before and was really impressed.Special Features:
- First time there but will be backHankDined on 7/4/2014This was our first visit to Troya. The food was flavorful and sized nicely, not too big and not too small. Each plate stood on its own with different flavors and different presentation. We will definitely come again.Special Features: