140 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.troquetboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 695-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Scott Hebert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Troquet
Boston's most exciting & comprehensive wine list cannot be found at a steakhouse or hotel; it is at Troquet, where cutting-edge cuisine & a killer view of the Boston Common act as accompaniments to an evening guaranteed to fulfill any wine connoisseur's fantasies. Please allow a minimum of two hours for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Troquet - Best Restaurants in Theater District ›
Troquet reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)special occasion (67)notable wine list (67)romantic (47)scenic view (40)neighborhood gem (21)late-night find (9)good for groups (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- mantle777Dined on 11/22/2014We tried the 5 course tasting menu, with wine pairings, and were delighted. Chef also included amuse bouche, and finished with some special anniversary treats. Food was excellent ( crab sushi, octopus, sea bass, short rib, and duck 2 ways, with 2 desserts), and more plentiful than many tasting menus ("a spoonful of each"). Server was informative, yet succinct. The tables seem very close to each other, but the sound level is very low. Would recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal and Terrific service too!SophieschoiceVIPDined on 11/15/2014We has a fabulous meal before the Ballet with incredible appetizers and main course. Our waiter was so experienced and very helpful, and made sure we had plenty of time to walk to the Opera House. We had a nice table with a view of the Common. We loved the recommended wines suggested for each course. I would recommend Troquet to any friends looking for a special dinner and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping for morecheeseluverVIPDined on 11/8/2014Plain decor that would be great if lifted a notch, especially downstairs space. Beet salad was my favorite and everything else afterwards went a little down hill, with the chocolate soufflé and the apple streusel quite bland. Duo of beef was nice presentation. Attentive and professional server. I did not like the wine by the glass presentation; small glasses with little tickets on them. Guess I should've tried the cheese.
- peabodyfoodieVIPDined on 10/31/2014Our dining experience at Troquet was great from the moment we walked in the door. Drinks at the small bar were great. Service in the dining room was attentive without being intrusive. Menu offerings, both appetizers and entrees, were varied, expertly presented, and were delicious. There was also plenty of time between courses to digest and engage in conversation. Dessert was also great. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Always an amazing dinnersrsassocVIPDined on 10/29/2014I have been to Troquet on many occasions, because it's one of our favorite special restaurants in Boston. Took an out of town colleague there this week so that we could have a quiet conversation all evening. Turned out to be an excellent decision. Food was amazing. Wine is always perfectly paired, and the service is excellent. If you like Foie Gras - Troquet does it better than any restaurant in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelbreiraVIPDined on 10/28/2014The food, service and setting were lovely. The noise level of other diners made it close to impossible to be hear unless you yelled. Don't have any solution- but it did interfere with an otherwise really good mealSpecial Features:
- Romantic dinner at TroquetdavekbandDined on 10/25/2014I went to Troquet for a romantic dinner and got exactly that. The service is good and friendly if not really fast. The wine list is extensive. The suggested pairings was a nice touch. The food is delicious and portions are just right. I found the entrees lacking in vegetables though. Space was tight between tables and the room was a little loud but nothing out of the ordinary. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LaurieVVIPDined on 10/22/2014I went with a group of 7. A few of us had been before but not in a while. We were so impressed. The food was excellent. Every appetizer and entre was just outstanding and the wine suggestions and overall wine list was perfect for the food. One of the best food/wine experiences we have had in any city and we go out and travel frequently. The food is rich but the portions are not overwelming. highlights: pasta with truffles, chicken (yes chicken! moist with a very thin, crispy skin), venison, oysters and scallops. We will definitely be returning very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Placebob0314VIPDined on 10/21/2014My wife and I shared the foie gras (outstanding); she had rice-coated halibut (outstanding), I had the Dover sole, on the bone at my request (outstanding). The wine list is extensive and well-chosen. Service was outstanding: timely, not pushy, not overbearing, friendly. A bit noisy, but still possible to have a conversation without raising your voice. Overall, one of the very best in Boston.Special Features:
- wonderful experienceDBigZDined on 10/18/2014recently enjoyed an outstanding meal. Every course was a work of art. The wine pairings were outstanding. The waiter was knowledgable and gave great reccomendations. The service was fast and impeccable. Can't say enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!JenniferDined on 10/18/2014Thoughtful menu, beautifully presented plates! Foie gras appetizer is melt-in-your-mouth; rolled lobster crepe was fresh and light. My husband, who doesn't usually eat lamb, wished he'd had my entree. The scallops he ordered were rich and perfectly cooked. We shared the chocolate souffle for dessert -- also incredible. Lengthy list of wines by the glass, with pairing suggesting for each menu item. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Understated and OutstandingDonna429Dined on 10/15/2014I love Troquet for so many reasons! The food is just some of the best you will get in Boston and there is no place better to get a great bottle of wine to pair perfectly with your meal. The single glass suggestions that accompany each menu item is the best idea ever! It feels like a neighborhood place to come back to again and again and I know I will.Special Features:
- Love this place!LianneDined on 10/11/2014We were there for a special occasion and were delighted by the wonderful food and exceptional wine list. The personal attention was also a plus. My husband had the perfectly cooked scallops and I had the lamb...fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful celebratory dinnerMshariatDined on 10/11/2014First ones in the restaurant on a Saturday night, but the meal was delicious. Server was friendly and the wines were fantastic.Special Features:
- hhwdsfarnsworthVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have always loved Troquet, and this meal did not disappoint. Appetizers, entrees and desserts were all excellent. Paired wines make wine selection easier.Special Features:
- LovelyBSOgirlVIPDined on 10/9/2014Just lovely,particularly just before a show. Wine list excellent , including 2 oz pours. Food light ,fresh, and excellent. We will be bacKSpecial Features:
- Another great dining experienceWalthamflyerDined on 10/4/2014We've been to Troquet a number of times. The service is impeccable. The creativity and quality of the menu is superb and matched by an equally impressive wine list. I love pairing my meal with the recommended wine by the glass (printed right on the menu). Always a hit!Special Features:
- URLSVIPDined on 10/4/2014Superb food and outstanding service. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative & Delicious MenuCoachjudeDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner here after a theater matinee. The food was outstandingly creative, with surprises to the palate in every course. This is definitely a destination on the pricey side, but well worth it for a special evening of fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereErinDined on 10/3/2014My mother and I had a wonderful time at Troquet celebrating her birthday. She had the duck, I had the lamb and both were extraordinaryily good as were the apps and the almond/apple tart. The wine suggestions were spot on. The atmosphere is very nice with a lot of energy, but not overly crowded or loud at all (even on a Friday night). Service was outstanding. It was an overall fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublime!EllDeeDined on 10/1/2014Extraordinary food, service, ambiance! What took me so long to spot this gem! Each bite was better than the last - sheer perfection. I think I'll forever dream of the duck confit salad. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent restaurant. Hadn't been in years. Was very happy to go back and find it just as wonderful as I remembered it being. I would recommend Troquet to anyone. Service, food, atmosphere- all of it was perfect. We had an early reservation and were the first ones at the restaurant that evening and got seated at a table by the window overlooking the common. There are only 3 tables overlooking the common, so we were lucky to get sat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love TroquetSherlock333VIPDined on 9/26/2014I have been to Trpquet many times, and each time I appreciate it more. The food and wine list are beyond outstanding. It is one of the premier restaurants in Boston. I went there Friday, to celebrate my son's engagement. In every way they were attentive and the evening was superb. Do not miss the restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious but priceyIHeartFrenchFoodVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food was exceptional but the ambiance was lacking and made the price tag hard to swallow. Wine list was also impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little below our expectationOroroinaDined on 9/25/2014My wife ad me we both had the (of course pricey) sole. Good but the presentation was a bit surprising: usually you are presented with the whole fish and then they prepare it; at Troquet you are served directly witht the fish slides. As to the wine we followed one the suggested choices, two glasses of an Italian unknown wine. Really disappointing but the negative side has been that you are not presented with the bottle but directly the glasses; at same time you are not proposed to taste... So we asked to change the wine and the waiter's reaction has been almost rude (but she recovered later on). In a nutshell: a good place, but it could (perhaps: should) be better.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/24/2014We've never had a bad meal here yet. Wonderful food and service, especially if you're lucky enough to get Rick as your server. He had to deal with our nut allergy and gluten free celiac, and made us feel so well looked after. Great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but ambiance lackingEdgedinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I went on a Saturday evening. The food was very good indeed but somewhat spoiled by what I would describe as rather old decor in the restaurant and, with limited soft furnishings in a corridor like room fairly high noise levels. The views as mentioned by other reviewers (and part of the reason for going) aren't that great, it's on the second floor above Boylston Street looking into what appeared to be a cemetery part of Boston common. So if you focus on the food and zone the other diners and decor out, it's great!Special Features:
- Not just about the wine . . .HoustonDined on 9/20/2014Arrived on time for our reservation and were promptly seated upstairs several seats away from the view of the common. Dining room was somewhat small but well put-together with some large mirrors on the walls for diners having to face the wall (a nice touch I appreciated). Wife started with the beet salad while I tried the ricotta cavatelli; beet salad was nicely done (not overdressed) with many large, multicolored beets. The cavatelli was earthy and excellent. Main courses were the duck and lamb; good amount of food extremely well done -- I've never tried lamb bacon before! Wine list is all you've heard: had 2 splits of '79 Guigal Cote Rotie that were divine. Service was perfect: there when needed but not hovering. Would go again!Special Features:
- Lovely dinner in BostonfoodieDined on 9/12/2014I flew in from Toronto just to meet a friend from Australia that I hadn't seen in years for dinner only. Torquet did not disappoint. We both started with the soft shell crab sushi roll which was crunchy and delicious. I had the halibut which was cooked perfectly and my friend had the scallops. We both finished off with the panna cotta. Perfectly light after a filling meal. It was a great time. BTW the bread (crunchy roll) and butter were terrific too.Special Features:
- delicious pre-show dinnerFoodForThoughtDined on 9/10/2014Enjoyed the view of the Boston Common and a delicious meal prior to attending the theater. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the dinners, how they were prepared, and what ingredients were used. The gazpacho was beautifully presented and tasty. The entree of scallops was outstanding as was the halibut. All courses were artfully displayed and the dessert especially so. As it was midweek, the dining room was quiet, but we could see it being quite noisy as the tables are very close together along the walls and we could hear all that was said 2 tables from us. A great place but pricey, especially the wine even by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in BostonSsech422VIPDined on 9/10/2014Always an amazing experience. We had a beautiful table overlooking the commons. Service was prompt, courteous and knowledgeable. For appetizers we had the ricotta cavatelli and the foie gras. The foie offered both a seared and torchon portion. It paired perfectly with a glass of sauterne--one of many on their extensive by the glass list. For entrees we had the duo of painted hills beef and the suckling pig. I highly recommend both. To finish off we decided on the cheese course. They offer a vast selection and servers explain each one thoroughly during a table side presentation. Hands down, the best for fine dining in the citySpecial Features:
- Dinner at TroquetNEEMorganizerDined on 9/9/2014A friend and I had dinner at Troquet before theatre. I chose the restaurant because of past good experiences there. My friend was actually treating me for my pending retirement. Since she hadn't been there before, I thought she would enjoy it. while the seating was on the 2nd floor, we were pleased to see that they had an elevator, as my friend has trouble climbing stairs. From our table we had an excellent view of the Boston Common. The service was polite, quick and friendly. My friend was excited to have Peking Duck for the first time ever. She had spotted it on there on-line menu. I had the chicken entrée. We both thought the food was splendid. And we were able to leave in time to attend the opening performance of The Lion King.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningDiningdameDined on 8/30/2014We had a very nice evening at Troquet. The service was excellent, and as always, the wine selection was superb. The food was overall quite good but one dish was oddly under-seasoned -- almost bland -- and another appetizer was rubbery. An off night for the kitchen? Due to a couple of very noisy groups (and one raucous laugher), the noise level in the room was at times uncomfortable. Overall, though, we had a lovely time and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- DisappointingLuv2dineoutDined on 8/30/2014The tables are very close together and the restaurant is quite noisy making it hard not to hear other conversations. Most tables do not have any view of the park. Food was ok, but not at the level of expectations. Wines list was excellent. We went for our anniversary and are planning a redo somewhere else.
- Overpriced!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014I selected this resturant based on a google search of Best Resturanys in Boston. The menu was limited, the waitress got unfriendlier with each additional question regarding the food options (or lack there of). The worst part is overpriced food for mediocre quality. Nothing special. Would not recommend nor will I rush back.
- visiting bostonzorroVIPDined on 8/6/2014Excellent restaurant, a short walk from my hotel. Excellent food and service. I'd visit again next time I'm in BostonSpecial Features:
- The following 885 reviews are from the Troquet reviews archive.
- Great menu optionsEpipDined on 7/29/2014We tried 3 appetizers and all were amazing. The wine pairings were spot on.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesEvansVIPDined on 7/25/2014Discovered this place last year and have been a number of times since. One of the best restaurants in Boston, with incredible food, service, wines, and ambience.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!FoodieDownUnderDined on 7/19/2014Great night with great food, great wine and great service. But the food was the star of the evening. Had the Duo of Beef! Amazing!!! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great fish, very expensivefoodluvDined on 7/19/2014We loved the seafood part of the meal, and the wine was excellent. Service was great. I was not impressed with lamb. We did the tasting menu, but it seemed overpriced. All together a $500 meal for 2. If you are going to spend that on a special night out, go to L'Espalier instead. Next time, it's only fish for us here - chef really knows his pesce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.