140 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.troquetboston.com/
- Phone: 6176959463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Scott Hebert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Troquet
Boston's most exciting & comprehensive wine list cannot be found at a steakhouse or hotel; it is at Troquet, where cutting-edge cuisine & a killer view of the Boston Common act as accompaniments to an evening guaranteed to fulfill any wine connoisseur's fantasies. Please allow a minimum of two hours for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Troquet - Best Restaurants in Theater District ›
Troquet reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)notable wine list (55)fit for foodies (52)scenic view (46)romantic (44)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (12)late-night find (6)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Lovely dinner in BostonfoodieDined on 9/12/2014I flew in from Toronto just to meet a friend from Australia that I hadn't seen in years for dinner only. Torquet did not disappoint. We both started with the soft shell crab sushi roll which was crunchy and delicious. I had the halibut which was cooked perfectly and my friend had the scallops. We both finished off with the panna cotta. Perfectly light after a filling meal. It was a great time. BTW the bread (crunchy roll) and butter were terrific too.Special Features:
- delicious pre-show dinnerFoodForThoughtDined on 9/10/2014Enjoyed the view of the Boston Common and a delicious meal prior to attending the theater. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the dinners, how they were prepared, and what ingredients were used. The gazpacho was beautifully presented and tasty. The entree of scallops was outstanding as was the halibut. All courses were artfully displayed and the dessert especially so. As it was midweek, the dining room was quiet, but we could see it being quite noisy as the tables are very close together along the walls and we could hear all that was said 2 tables from us. A great place but pricey, especially the wine even by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in BostonSsech422VIPDined on 9/10/2014Always an amazing experience. We had a beautiful table overlooking the commons. Service was prompt, courteous and knowledgeable. For appetizers we had the ricotta cavatelli and the foie gras. The foie offered both a seared and torchon portion. It paired perfectly with a glass of sauterne--one of many on their extensive by the glass list. For entrees we had the duo of painted hills beef and the suckling pig. I highly recommend both. To finish off we decided on the cheese course. They offer a vast selection and servers explain each one thoroughly during a table side presentation. Hands down, the best for fine dining in the citySpecial Features:
- Dinner at TroquetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014A friend and I had dinner at Troquet before theatre. I chose the restaurant because of past good experiences there. My friend was actually treating me for my pending retirement. Since she hadn't been there before, I thought she would enjoy it. while the seating was on the 2nd floor, we were pleased to see that they had an elevator, as my friend has trouble climbing stairs. From our table we had an excellent view of the Boston Common. The service was polite, quick and friendly. My friend was excited to have Peking Duck for the first time ever. She had spotted it on there on-line menu. I had the chicken entrée. We both thought the food was splendid. And we were able to leave in time to attend the opening performance of The Lion King.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningDiningdameDined on 8/30/2014We had a very nice evening at Troquet. The service was excellent, and as always, the wine selection was superb. The food was overall quite good but one dish was oddly under-seasoned -- almost bland -- and another appetizer was rubbery. An off night for the kitchen? Due to a couple of very noisy groups (and one raucous laugher), the noise level in the room was at times uncomfortable. Overall, though, we had a lovely time and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- DisappointingLuv2dineoutDined on 8/30/2014The tables are very close together and the restaurant is quite noisy making it hard not to hear other conversations. Most tables do not have any view of the park. Food was ok, but not at the level of expectations. Wines list was excellent. We went for our anniversary and are planning a redo somewhere else.
- Overpriced!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014I selected this resturant based on a google search of Best Resturanys in Boston. The menu was limited, the waitress got unfriendlier with each additional question regarding the food options (or lack there of). The worst part is overpriced food for mediocre quality. Nothing special. Would not recommend nor will I rush back.
- visiting bostonzorroVIPDined on 8/6/2014Excellent restaurant, a short walk from my hotel. Excellent food and service. I'd visit again next time I'm in BostonSpecial Features:
- Great menu optionsEpipDined on 7/29/2014We tried 3 appetizers and all were amazing. The wine pairings were spot on.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesEvansVIPDined on 7/25/2014Discovered this place last year and have been a number of times since. One of the best restaurants in Boston, with incredible food, service, wines, and ambience.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!FoodieDownUnderDined on 7/19/2014Great night with great food, great wine and great service. But the food was the star of the evening. Had the Duo of Beef! Amazing!!! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great fish, very expensivefoodluvDined on 7/19/2014We loved the seafood part of the meal, and the wine was excellent. Service was great. I was not impressed with lamb. We did the tasting menu, but it seemed overpriced. All together a $500 meal for 2. If you are going to spend that on a special night out, go to L'Espalier instead. Next time, it's only fish for us here - chef really knows his pesce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialNinemileDined on 7/18/2014Anniversary dinner- delicious and very special. Location great overlooking Common. Service attentive and helpful with suggestions.Special Features:
- Delicious pre-theatre mealebm557Dined on 7/17/2014We had our anniversary dinner here before going to a show at the Boston Opera House. Our waiter kept us on schedule for getting to our show on time and was very attentive. Our food was fantastic. For starters we had the lobster crépes and the short rib agnolotti. For dinner we had the Peking Duck and the Suckling pig. All of it was done perfectly. The chocolate soufflé was delicious. We enjoyed the wine pairings as well. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findIrishprincess327VIPDined on 7/16/2014Have never been to Troquet. It was great. Ambience, service and food were wonderful. Will go back and would recommend anytime.Special Features:
- ExcellentKimmyDined on 7/15/2014Went there before a show at the Opera House. It was our first visit there and will not be our last. The dishes were outstanding - flavors, textures, colors. Service was very good and sitting by the windows gave us a very nice view. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All great except one thingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Great food. Great service. Great wine. But felt a little nickeled and dimed the entire dinner with the "sharing" fee and perfectly poured only 4oz "glasses" of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and wineMichaelVIPDined on 7/8/2014the wine flights were really good. appetizers good, entrees very good, cheese tray outstandingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for a table with a viewRamblerDined on 7/5/2014We had a very enjoyable meal at Troquet. If you can get a table with a view of the Common that is a plus. The appetizers and main dishes were excellent. The service was attentive. We had heard the wine list was superb and it was extensive. The sommelier recommended a wine that we didn't like and was very nice about substituting a different bottle at no extra charge when we told him that wasn't what we had in mind. The only disappointment of the evening was the dessert. Troquet was definitely a 4 star experience. It is very good though not amazing for the price. I guess I have been spoiled by the excellent restaurants in New York. I would recommend Troquet for a special occasion. Do ask for a table with a view. And skip the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- troquetsushiVIPDined on 7/3/2014As always the food was wonderful!!! The heirloom tomato salad was spectacular. The Peking Duck did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Reliable excellenceBananasDined on 7/3/2014Never disappoints. One of few restaurants of choice in Boston. Quality menu, great presentation and always interesting. Caters for my wife's gluten free diet requirements with variety, making for a delightful dinner experience. Thoroughly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefscottChefscottDined on 7/1/2014Fantastic, interesting food . Perfectly cooked, seasoned and presented. Noise level was a little high especially with background music. Definitely a restaurant for a special occasion. I believe they provided small pastries the last time I was there ; they were missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatzesasVIPDined on 6/28/2014Fast service is certainly appreciated, but a bit more pacing might make the whole experience more enjoyable. Very good selection of wines, both by the glass and bottle.Special Features:
- Love it!LongTimeFanVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our favorite spot for special occasions that call for intimacy and exceptional cuisine.Special Features:
- Outstanding Everything!!SeattleFoodieFamilyDined on 6/28/2014A lovely 2nd floor dining room with a lovely view overlooking the historic Boston Commons. Top-Notch service and french cuisine. An elegant, but non-stuffy restaurant with attentive, kind, caring staff who were friendly with our active 6yo son and mature 12yo daughter. We were made to feel welcome and will dine again on our return to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night June 2014GordyVIPDined on 6/20/2014Excellent service with a window seat as requested overlooking the Common! Oysters were delish! then Foie Gras, Beet Salad, followed by sharing Rice Crusted Haddock to die for! Wine selection is not "deep" but carefully selected to cover ALL our tastes !\ Wonerful ....Special Features:
- MemorableHawaiiDinerDined on 6/19/2014Troquet was recommended by a colleague from the area for our business dinner. It was an excellent suggestion. Our table had a beautiful view. Oysters and foie gras were excellent as appetizers. Main dishes included scallops and filet of sole. Perfectly prepared. Service was excellent with just the right amount of attention. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very nice!BigJohnDined on 6/18/2014Very interesting menu. Although the Dover sole is not served in the traditional manner, it was quite good. Suckling pig (its just pieces of meat, not a whole little pig!) was outstanding and cooked to perfection. Don't miss the chocolate soufflé. Ask for a seat upstairs near the window. Ambience otherwise is nothing special. One problem: wines by the glass are served in your choice of two or four oz. Nothing like a $14 four oz glass of Chardonnay!!Special Features:
- FoodiegirlDined on 6/18/2014Food amazing as well as wine list. The service was lacking as more diners came in. For the price, plates should have been removed quickly and a more attentive staff should be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014The owner Chris Campbell personally pours the wines and helps select from an amazing wine listSpecial Features:
- A tasting delight.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/4/2014Wonderful atmosphere with a lengthy and pricy wine list. We had the chef's 5 course tasting menus with wine pairing. Great way to try a variety of the beautifully prepared dishes and fine wines that are available at this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/3/2014It never fails... Foods always consistently delicious. I recommend Troquet to all my family and friends. My daughter studied abroad last semester and Troquet was our first stop once she was back in Boston from Spain!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Beautiful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014The menu was very creative and had interesting combinations. As culinary educators we were very impressed with both the food and service. We liked the option of the wine pairings in 2 oz glasses per course.Special Features:
- Exceptional food and serviceWannagotooDined on 5/30/2014The food was incredible and the service, outstanding. What is great about this restaurant is their extensive wine list and the suggested pairing of the wine with the entree that you ordered that make for an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- Lovely find!!!kmw82Dined on 5/29/2014We really enjoyed the atmosphere and electric menu and the willingness of the chef to attend to food allergies. Wonderful place- will 100% return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetbayDined on 5/27/2014Excellent all round seevice and food Extensive wine list great psitings with creative food! Friendly staff and chefsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gustodineVIPDined on 5/27/2014We went to Troquet for our wedding anniversary celebration and had a terrific evening. We had a lovely table waiting for us overlooking the Boston Common. Food was outstanding (from the mushroom cavatelli appetizer with truffle oil to the scallops!) and service very professional and friendly. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightBeChouieDined on 5/21/2014It was a special night for us, a reunion since a year after a friend left the country. We had a great time and we all enjoyed our meal sharing and precious moments we had in here. I would definitely come back here for date night again.Special Features:
- The following 853 reviews are from the Troquet reviews archive.
- Too noisy but food greatFoodieDined on 5/17/2014The second floor dining room provides a great view over the Common. Food, wine, and service were excellent, but the experience would have been more pleasant if they had carpeted the floor and put some noise-absorbent materials on the walls and ceilings. The mirrors on the side walls added light to the room but reflected noise. Too bad; we have been looking for a great place for pre-theater dining.
- ExcellentMrBillDined on 5/16/2014Food and service was excellent. We will go back again.Special Features: