Troquet River North
111 W Huron
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Troquet River North
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.troquetrivernorth.com/
- Phone: 3122029900x
- Hours of Operation:
6am - 10pm
6am - 12am
6am - 12am
6am - 12am
6am - 1am
7am - 3pm: Brunch Menu
3pm - 12am: A la Carte Menu
7am - 3pm: Brunch Menu
3pm - 10pm: A la Carte Menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Martial Noguier
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Visit www.lmrestaurant.com for full catering menu.
- Entertainment: Featured Entertainers (visit www.troquetrivernorth.com for live music schedule):
- Amy Armstrong & Freddy Allen
- Nan Mason & Terry Higgins
- Paul Marinaro
- Peter Oprisko
- Bob Solone
- Elaine Dame
- Sam Fazio
- Mike Walters
- Laury Shelley
- Arlene Bardell
- Steve Biossat
- And many more
- Special Events: Live Music Times:
Wednesday & Thursday: 6pm-9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 9pm-12:30am
- Cross Street: Clark Street
- Public Transit: Red Line: State & Chicago
Blue Line: Chicago
Bus: #36, #156, #22, #151, #146, #147
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking in Hotel Felix: $10 for patrons of Troquet River North
Metered Street Parking is available, and meters must be paid until midnight, and has a time limit of 2 hours.
A word from Troquet River North
Troquet River North is a casual neighborhood French bar focusing on wine, custom cocktails and live entertainment. Acclaimed Chef Martial Noguier oversees culinary direction, and delivers fun and approachable food from all regions of France. Live music will be featured every Wednesday and Thursday, 6pm-9:30pm, and every Friday and Saturday, 9pm-12:30am.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Troquet River North reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (2)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- disappointedBattinDined on 5/18/2014I was expecting a real French restaurant by looking at the menu but ultimately it was only an American cuisine cuisine with French inspirations. The food wasn't bad but it definitely did not meet my expectations. Service was kind but not really fast despite an almost empty restaurant.
- All you can eat mussels on ThursdisappointedVIPDined on 5/15/2014We loved the mussels. It was all you can eat. The charcuterie plate was delicious. We will be back!Special Features:
- Simple French food.shanghaijbVIPDined on 5/15/2014Went there for dinner on a Thursday. The place is big and spacious, inviting. However, the menu is very limited. Also, the food is very very simple, too simple, just a little effort on presentation and ingredients would be a plus. Their wine selection is also very limited, and most wines by the glass are American, no French. If prices were more fair, it would be OK, but I think it is overpriced for what you get in the plate.Special Features:
- Good Food-Great Price-Solid ServicePolishPrinceVIPDined on 5/15/2014This was my second time at Troquet. Reasonable priced, River North spot for French food. Nice portions for the prices. Melissa was excellent and provided an unrushed dining experience. The bartender served a chardonnay instead of a pinot grigio, but mistakes happen. Thursday is all-you-can-eat-mussels which is reason enough for going! On the downside, about 15% off all them mussels either didn't cook properly or tasted gritty, but we just avoided those. Chef was accommodating with dietary requests. Easy reservations. BUY BLINDS FOR THE WINDOWS! You do NOT want to be seated in an outward facing chair after sunset. Sitting at the same height as car headlights will have you constantly blinded.Special Features:
- KGbabyDined on 5/10/2014Enjoyed dinner there, most of us ordered the prix-fix 3 course with two wines. Food was delicious, but the portions of the entrée from the prix-fix were small. It was so delicious we really wanted more! Service was great. We'll be back.
- Poor ChoiceOurManQVIPDined on 5/3/2014Found Troquet River North a rather poor example of a restaurant. The food was subpar and they failed to execute simple instructions such as preparing a steak medium rather than nearly rare. The waiter while pleasant was unattentive and didn't seem to understand my comment that we had a 7:30 leave time to make a play. Nothing about the restaurant would suggest that I would ever return- which is rather unfortunate as it is conveniently located.Special Features:
- ChrisEatingfoodamustDined on 4/28/2014We went to this restaurant on a Monday night. It was quiet and the waiter was delightful. He made great recommendations. Had the special, Coq au Vin and Poisson du Jour, which was salmon. Both were excellent. I would highly recommend the restaurant!Special Features:
- New chef?StreetervilleResVIPDined on 3/30/2014Accommodated a table of ten that turned into a table of 8 after the Shamrock Shuffle. Kinda disappointed in the food...menu has changed subtly? The dishes used to be really gorgeous, they just seemed a little lackluster. No one on the group complained, but they're all pretty low maintenance. Something just seemed a little off. Been here many times, really loved everything. Missing that "magic". The staff was awesome as usual though.
- We just loved this FrenchterryPVIPDined on 3/26/2014We just loved this French bistro. Very French and wonderful music to boot. We were there on a Wednesday night and the place was alive with music and laughter and people having fun. Not for the younger crowd however, unless you are into cabaret music and oldies.Special Features:
- Almost hit the ok pointDaveFonsecaVIPDined on 3/21/2014From the moment we walked in to having my head butted with a service tray the entire experience was just lacking something. Our drinks were severely delayed with no notice from our waitress. We were not given any chef recommendations until it came time for dessert albeit a little late for my expectations. I am one of those diners who likes to be guided by the server on what to order. Share your favorite or least favorite. Something…. The rice pudding was, by far, the peak of our dining experience. Even my partner who despises rice pudding gobbled it down. Do not over look it! We will definitely revisit for drinks but will probably move on for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went on a Wednesday nightnoneDined on 3/19/2014We went on a Wednesday night when they have music. Most of the people were there for that. Many of the people performed and they were quite good. The food was very good and even though the menu was limited we were very happy with our choices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerthundertakerDined on 3/17/2014I made reservations under the assumption that it was a part of Chef Week. We decided to stay even though it was not. We started with drinks (the Madame & a pomegranate drink) and deviled eggs - both good. Dinner: boyfriend had Steak Tartine (cooked rare) with a pomme frites. The meat was perfect and it was on a slice of bread with horseradish and arugula. Very tender and tasty. I had the pasta dish with eggplant. Very simple, fresh fettuccine with shaved parmesan. Loved it. Dessert was lovely as well. Highly recommend this place - entire meal (plus tip) turned out to be only 10 cents more that two CW dishes. Perfect. Only complaint - big screen TVs at the bar. Thought they could do without. Service was terrific as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Troquet - Worth a Visit!PolishPrinceVIPDined on 3/14/2014Had a great experience last Friday at Troquet. Delicious food - deviled eggs and mussels were favorites. French fries are tasty too! Croques are on the larger side and can be shared. Wine selection is good but on the higher priced side, even for the area. The "troquet" size seems smaller than a bottle but costs like one. The biggest complaint was the ambiance of the restaurant - they need to install curtains on the lower windows! If you are unfortunate enough to have a seat facing the exterior of the restaurant, especially the corner, prepare to be blinded regularly by cars' headlights. We requested to move tables but more spots than not are susceptible to this inconvenience. Will return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bistrofoodieDined on 2/28/2014food was imaginative, tasty and served in well spaced intervals. Salads were light and refreshing. Tenderloin and duck were well prepared. Rice pudding was extraordinary. Wine list had the range from affordable to expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!MadameCheriDined on 2/14/2014We walked in and were immediately greeted, we were a few minutes early and waited at the bar for our table to be cleared off. Before I knew it, a staff member was helping me take off my jacket and hung it up on the back of my chair for me! What a great gesture:-) The staff were attentive, prompt and fun to talk to! Food and wine were fantastic and all of my party had no complaints what so ever! Loved Troquet:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent French BistroFoodloverDined on 2/13/2014Very laid back bistro and a great place to go and unwind after a hard work day or to set the tone for a relaxing weekend. I recommend trying the charcuterie and the duck breast. I specifically ordered the duck to see if it would be done well. It was perfect! It was very flavorful, moist, and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up for foodFoodieInMeVIPDined on 2/9/2014The moment you enter, you will fall in love with the cozy no fuss yet interesting decor. I went for a brunch and I think among the four of us in the group we ordered 4-5 different items on the menu and each one stood out..The one thing this place could really do with is better service. No offense to our server, unfortunately she was the only one running around catering to all the tables and hence the service was a little slow. I will go back for food and a great group experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceFaceVIPDined on 2/1/2014Maura makes some wonderful cocktails and the rest of the staff did a great job of making us feel special. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, service lackingmichael101Dined on 1/25/2014The restaurant week was not really much of a deal. Price would be about the same if you just order off the menu. Pluses: House Bordeaux wine was very nice and a good value. Ambiance was nice, not too loud. Appetizers we had were good: Salmon was nice, delicate. The deviled eggs were also good Minuses: The mahi mahi was oily, not much flavor, and not cooked well. It came with a carrot puree which was tasty, but it seemed to need something else with it. Service was very spotty. Our initial server was good, but then the servers changed and it was hard to get her attention. And when we ordered after-dinner drinks, our server was clueless as to what they had. I had to go to the bar (much to her chagrin) to see for myself what they had.Special Features:
- food and musicLuv2lunchVIPDined on 1/24/2014it was great to finally have a place to eat and enjoy great music in the neighborhood that is not a steakhouse!Special Features:
- NEEDS A CHANCEculinarianVIPDined on 1/20/2014LM Bistro has been in transition to Troquet River North. Save for one other table, it was empty the night we were there for dinner which makes it appear dark and somewhat dreary. Granted, it was a Monday night and our table was for 6:30, but by the time we left at 8pm, it was still empty. Food is excellent. Perhaps when the weather improves more people will come out and try it. It deserves a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT MEALOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/18/2014We had dined at this restaurant in its previous incarnation as LM, and really liked it. Troquet was wonderful too. Good wine, good food. Half of our party ate a wonderful pork dish, and the others had fish. Clean plates all around. Yum!Special Features:
- The new LMStreetervilleResVIPDined on 1/12/2014Like the new furnishings at Troquet. Menu seems more abbreviated, but I don't mind that as long as the selections are curated appropriately and everything is tasty. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New French Bistro has PromiseMichluvs2dineVIPDined on 1/11/2014Nice touch to have cabaret music at 9pm most nights. Loved the Mahi and the salad. did not try the desserts but believe they will be fanstastic. too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Quality Food/Reasonable PricesRHT1VIPDined on 1/11/2014Chef Martial Nougier's menu is quite excellent at reasonable prices - mussels, salmon rilettes, pork belly and fish of the day and desserts. Musical entertainment of good quality and very friendly and positive service. Wine list seems good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.