140 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.troquetboston.com/
- Phone: 6176959463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Scott Hebert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Troquet
Boston's most exciting & comprehensive wine list cannot be found at a steakhouse or hotel; it is at Troquet, where cutting-edge cuisine & a killer view of the Boston Common act as accompaniments to an evening guaranteed to fulfill any wine connoisseur's fantasies. Please allow a minimum of two hours for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Troquet - Best Restaurants in Theater District ›
Troquet reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (68)notable wine list (65)fit for foodies (63)scenic view (50)romantic (46)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (12)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- visiting bostonzorroVIPDined on 8/6/2014Excellent restaurant, a short walk from my hotel. Excellent food and service. I'd visit again next time I'm in BostonSpecial Features:
- Great menu optionsEpipDined on 7/29/2014We tried 3 appetizers and all were amazing. The wine pairings were spot on.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesEvansVIPDined on 7/25/2014Discovered this place last year and have been a number of times since. One of the best restaurants in Boston, with incredible food, service, wines, and ambience.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!FoodieDownUnderDined on 7/19/2014Great night with great food, great wine and great service. But the food was the star of the evening. Had the Duo of Beef! Amazing!!! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great fish, very expensivefoodluvDined on 7/19/2014We loved the seafood part of the meal, and the wine was excellent. Service was great. I was not impressed with lamb. We did the tasting menu, but it seemed overpriced. All together a $500 meal for 2. If you are going to spend that on a special night out, go to L'Espalier instead. Next time, it's only fish for us here - chef really knows his pesce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialNinemileDined on 7/18/2014Anniversary dinner- delicious and very special. Location great overlooking Common. Service attentive and helpful with suggestions.Special Features:
- Delicious pre-theatre mealebm557Dined on 7/17/2014We had our anniversary dinner here before going to a show at the Boston Opera House. Our waiter kept us on schedule for getting to our show on time and was very attentive. Our food was fantastic. For starters we had the lobster crépes and the short rib agnolotti. For dinner we had the Peking Duck and the Suckling pig. All of it was done perfectly. The chocolate soufflé was delicious. We enjoyed the wine pairings as well. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findIrishprincess327VIPDined on 7/16/2014Have never been to Troquet. It was great. Ambience, service and food were wonderful. Will go back and would recommend anytime.Special Features:
- ExcellentKimmyDined on 7/15/2014Went there before a show at the Opera House. It was our first visit there and will not be our last. The dishes were outstanding - flavors, textures, colors. Service was very good and sitting by the windows gave us a very nice view. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All great except one thingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Great food. Great service. Great wine. But felt a little nickeled and dimed the entire dinner with the "sharing" fee and perfectly poured only 4oz "glasses" of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and wineMichaelVIPDined on 7/8/2014the wine flights were really good. appetizers good, entrees very good, cheese tray outstandingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for a table with a viewRamblerDined on 7/5/2014We had a very enjoyable meal at Troquet. If you can get a table with a view of the Common that is a plus. The appetizers and main dishes were excellent. The service was attentive. We had heard the wine list was superb and it was extensive. The sommelier recommended a wine that we didn't like and was very nice about substituting a different bottle at no extra charge when we told him that wasn't what we had in mind. The only disappointment of the evening was the dessert. Troquet was definitely a 4 star experience. It is very good though not amazing for the price. I guess I have been spoiled by the excellent restaurants in New York. I would recommend Troquet for a special occasion. Do ask for a table with a view. And skip the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- troquetsushiVIPDined on 7/3/2014As always the food was wonderful!!! The heirloom tomato salad was spectacular. The Peking Duck did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Reliable excellenceBananasDined on 7/3/2014Never disappoints. One of few restaurants of choice in Boston. Quality menu, great presentation and always interesting. Caters for my wife's gluten free diet requirements with variety, making for a delightful dinner experience. Thoroughly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefscottChefscottDined on 7/1/2014Fantastic, interesting food . Perfectly cooked, seasoned and presented. Noise level was a little high especially with background music. Definitely a restaurant for a special occasion. I believe they provided small pastries the last time I was there ; they were missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatzesasVIPDined on 6/28/2014Fast service is certainly appreciated, but a bit more pacing might make the whole experience more enjoyable. Very good selection of wines, both by the glass and bottle.Special Features:
- Love it!LongTimeFanVIPDined on 6/28/2014Our favorite spot for special occasions that call for intimacy and exceptional cuisine.Special Features:
- Outstanding Everything!!SeattleFoodieFamilyDined on 6/28/2014A lovely 2nd floor dining room with a lovely view overlooking the historic Boston Commons. Top-Notch service and french cuisine. An elegant, but non-stuffy restaurant with attentive, kind, caring staff who were friendly with our active 6yo son and mature 12yo daughter. We were made to feel welcome and will dine again on our return to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night June 2014GordyVIPDined on 6/20/2014Excellent service with a window seat as requested overlooking the Common! Oysters were delish! then Foie Gras, Beet Salad, followed by sharing Rice Crusted Haddock to die for! Wine selection is not "deep" but carefully selected to cover ALL our tastes !\ Wonerful ....Special Features:
- MemorableHawaiiDinerDined on 6/19/2014Troquet was recommended by a colleague from the area for our business dinner. It was an excellent suggestion. Our table had a beautiful view. Oysters and foie gras were excellent as appetizers. Main dishes included scallops and filet of sole. Perfectly prepared. Service was excellent with just the right amount of attention. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very nice!BigJohnDined on 6/18/2014Very interesting menu. Although the Dover sole is not served in the traditional manner, it was quite good. Suckling pig (its just pieces of meat, not a whole little pig!) was outstanding and cooked to perfection. Don't miss the chocolate soufflé. Ask for a seat upstairs near the window. Ambience otherwise is nothing special. One problem: wines by the glass are served in your choice of two or four oz. Nothing like a $14 four oz glass of Chardonnay!!Special Features:
- FoodiegirlDined on 6/18/2014Food amazing as well as wine list. The service was lacking as more diners came in. For the price, plates should have been removed quickly and a more attentive staff should be expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014The owner Chris Campbell personally pours the wines and helps select from an amazing wine listSpecial Features:
- A tasting delight.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/4/2014Wonderful atmosphere with a lengthy and pricy wine list. We had the chef's 5 course tasting menus with wine pairing. Great way to try a variety of the beautifully prepared dishes and fine wines that are available at this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/3/2014It never fails... Foods always consistently delicious. I recommend Troquet to all my family and friends. My daughter studied abroad last semester and Troquet was our first stop once she was back in Boston from Spain!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Beautiful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014The menu was very creative and had interesting combinations. As culinary educators we were very impressed with both the food and service. We liked the option of the wine pairings in 2 oz glasses per course.Special Features:
- Exceptional food and serviceWannagotooDined on 5/30/2014The food was incredible and the service, outstanding. What is great about this restaurant is their extensive wine list and the suggested pairing of the wine with the entree that you ordered that make for an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- Lovely find!!!kmw82Dined on 5/29/2014We really enjoyed the atmosphere and electric menu and the willingness of the chef to attend to food allergies. Wonderful place- will 100% return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetbayDined on 5/27/2014Excellent all round seevice and food Extensive wine list great psitings with creative food! Friendly staff and chefsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gustodineVIPDined on 5/27/2014We went to Troquet for our wedding anniversary celebration and had a terrific evening. We had a lovely table waiting for us overlooking the Boston Common. Food was outstanding (from the mushroom cavatelli appetizer with truffle oil to the scallops!) and service very professional and friendly. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightBeChouieDined on 5/21/2014It was a special night for us, a reunion since a year after a friend left the country. We had a great time and we all enjoyed our meal sharing and precious moments we had in here. I would definitely come back here for date night again.Special Features:
- Too noisy but food greatFoodieDined on 5/17/2014The second floor dining room provides a great view over the Common. Food, wine, and service were excellent, but the experience would have been more pleasant if they had carpeted the floor and put some noise-absorbent materials on the walls and ceilings. The mirrors on the side walls added light to the room but reflected noise. Too bad; we have been looking for a great place for pre-theater dining.
- ExcellentMrBillDined on 5/16/2014Food and service was excellent. We will go back again.Special Features:
- One of Boston's BestBostonDebVIPDined on 5/16/2014We were looking for a new pre-theatre dining experience, and I read an OpenTable review that stated that Troquet is one of the best restaurants in Boston, so we decided to try it. After our experience there, I would have to concur. The dishes are uniquely though out and extremely well prepared. The wine pairings were excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maintaining qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/10/2014Returned after an absence. It is remarkable that Troquet remains one of the mainstays that successfully retained excellent quality in both food and service. The ambiance shows its age and could benefit from refreshing touches. It was a challenge to decide between the choices. Appetizers and deserts were particularly innovative and interesting, to the point that they overshadowed the entrees. Inspired wine pairings. Looking forward to a return!Special Features:
- DescentJaguarDined on 5/9/2014The idea behind Troquet is great: pair each dish with suggested wine.. While common with tasting menus it is nor common with a la carte dinners. Their wine list is very impressive; yet I can't say the same about food. While lobster crepe was very good, the lamb dish was only mediocre; having rad all the hype about the place I expected more. Service was professional, but not necessarily outstanding. Probably not bad place for pre-theater dinner, but I would not say it is a great destination for special occasions, unless you really looking for a nice bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Everything was great!Stu1260Dined on 5/8/2014We started with a friendly chat at the bar downstairs. Then we went upstairs to our table with a beautiful view of the Boston Common. Troquet has an extensive list of wines by the glass and some of us did the 2 ounce flights to get a great variety. All the dishes were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal; annoying hostschuckmac07VIPDined on 5/8/2014great bartender, great drinks, great salads, great fish entrees and terrific service. so why not 5 stars? because of the thoroughly annoying host/hostess (who I assume are the owners?), who were sullen, smile-less and basically hovered over us at the bar until we finally agreed to be seated (to be clear: we were early, had plenty of time for a drink and weren't holding anyone up); why would anyone hire these two unless they're the owners?! get a real greeter/host, and you'll have a 5-star experience. such a shame for an otherwise terrific restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodFroggyVIPDined on 5/3/2014we thoroughly enjoyed our evening there! We were REALLY impressed by the quality of the food (from starter to dessert) and by our wonderful waiter who was very polite and friendly. LOVED IT! Don't be fooled by the weird entryway (we almost walked out thinking we were going to be the only ones although it was 8:00 pm) as the buzz is upstairs!Special Features:
- excellent foodhildebeast1982VIPDined on 5/3/2014the restaurant, physically, leaves a bit to be desired, but the food is fantastic and the service is very good.Special Features: