9710 Aurora Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tropicos-breeze.com/web/
- Phone: (206) 524-3046
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Cuban
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tropicos Breeze
We specialize in Cuban, Venezuelan and Colombian cuisine. The Parrilla Mojito and the Mojito drink are our signature items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tropicos Breeze reviews from OpenTable diners
- Dessicated chickenLuv2trynewplacesDined on 10/28/2014The chicken soup was tasty (except for parsnips which I have never liked) and I got the dish because it came with a quarter chicken on the side. When I got it, there were 2 leg/thigh chicken quarters on the plate. They were very small (maybe that is why I got 2 instead of 1) and roasted to within an inch of its life. It was so dried out it was more like chicken jerky. I made the mistake of trying to eat it and it was so dry & tough I couldn't even get the meat off the bone. It reminded me of mummified remains. The rice that also accompanied the dish was good. My friend had the chicken taco and said her chicken was good. The waiter was nice & service was fine.
- Not my cup of teaRuthDined on 3/27/2014I did not find the food nor the surroundings appealing. The person I was with enjoyed the food --- They were accommodating in menu substitutions.Special Features:
- Tired of Mexican - try thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Authenic and hearty portions. Lots of families and friendly service. Very casual. Normally no reservation needed. Great food and fun but not a romantic getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemSC9876Dined on 2/7/2014Tropicos Breeze was a fantastic surprise - of unique menu items at very sensible prices. Despite the unreadable sign out front, and the dismal Aurora-Ave. setting, the staff and service and food are excellent. Go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDJ123Dined on 12/21/2013We were so happy we found Tropicos Breeze because the food and the service was simply excellent. I have already recommended the restaurant to everyone I know. The food is fresh, abundant, awesome and you can plan on leaving very full. This is a very casual restaurant in a little bit of an odd place on Aurora, but you will be so happy you gave it a try and will plan your next visit as you leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok place, don't know if I'dOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/25/2013ok place, don't know if I'd make a trip back however. the food wasn't bad it just wasn't as good as i was looking for. also i read that the Mojito was their specialty and it wasn't THAT good. Mojito's are my favorite and it just wasn't good enough to be anyone's specialty.
- Fun, friendly and family-orientedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013We went for my wife's birthday and brought in our own cake. The staff was cool with that. Staff is fluently bilingual but I had to explain in Spanish what we meant by a "dark" beer. Restaurant attracts families and others. Both times I've been there Mexican soccer was on the big screen, but sound was low/off. Food is tasty but tends to be heavy on the meat. No one we've been there with has been disappointed in the quality of the entrees.Special Features: