Trombino's Bistro Italiano
5415 Academy Rd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Trombino's Bistro Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trombinos.com/
- Phone: 5058215974
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Coming Soon! Contact Chris Bambino at (505) 821-5974
- Private Party Facilities: Our very popular Semi-Private dining area can accommodate 36 to 40 guests.Call Chris Bambino or Kyle Healy for availability and menu options.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Bambino or Kyle Healy 5058215974
- Entertainment: Visit our bar to watch the game on one of our three LCD TVs and enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine with friends after work or on the weekend.
A word from Trombino's Bistro Italiano
SERVING "MANGIA" & "ABBONDANZA" FOR OVER 34 YEARS! Welcome to Trombino's Bistro Italiano, since 1979 a long standing favorite among Albuquerqueans, business travelers and tourists alike. Our restaurant is an ideal location for your lunch, dinner, or important client meetings. A comfortable Trattoria that has that inviting feeling of an old Italian neighborhood! More than just a place to eat, but rather, a gathering place where you, your friends, family and business associates can slow down, enjoy a great meal and reconnect. Trombino's serves signature dishes of authentic Italian-American cuisine. Our menu is large and varied, offering a great selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish and memorable desserts, including these delectable choices... Gorgonzola Crusted New York Strip Steak, Veal Piccata, Veal Marsala, Chicken Caprini, Shrimp fra Diavolo, Fruitti di Mare & House-made Tiramisu Cake. The bar offers a first class wine list, and Decadent Martinis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Trombino's Bistro Italiano - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Trombino's Bistro Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (47)special occasion (38)romantic (32)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (25)notable wine list (20)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent!!MeechDined on 9/11/2014I absolutely love Trombinos! It has a lovely atmosphere and the food is even better. Unfortunately I have not tried many of their menu items because I fell in live with the chicken piccata, which I order every time. We've always had wonderful service from the waitstaff as well. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014I have never had a bad experience at Trombinos. Food is always good and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, too muchFoodie01Dined on 8/30/2014Had dinner with the family at Trombino's o's to celebrate a birthday. The dinner was good and the food tasty. Pros: good food, great service. Neutral: pedestrian wine list. Cons: too much food. Everyone left food on their plates.Special Features:
- regularsVIPDined on 8/29/2014Some nights there is just no place we'd rather be than Trombino's.Special Features:
- New to Albuquerque, gem in 505LoveitDined on 8/24/2014Received gift card from our broker after buying our second investment property within our first year here. This place is amazing and competes with California's premiere locations. Thank you for having top quality service and food, we have this as our top spot to go for special occasions. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italiam in TownbweaveitDined on 8/21/2014Everything from the bread to dessert was terrific. Service exceptional. prices reasonable. Best home cooked Italian in Albuquerque.Special Features:
- Lots of FoodfoodjunkieDined on 8/16/2014The food was delicious but the serving sizes were too large. I would love to see Trombino offer smaller plates. The service was very slow so I wouldn't go here unless I knew I could sit back, relax and enjoy a leisurely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid-week breakDaveVIPDined on 8/13/2014I had just placed friends from back East on an airplane and this was an opportunity to reconnect with my girlfriend- just the two of us and it was just what we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We brought our son as it was his 21st year of life. Too bad you couldn't accept his driver's license as it was the vertical one but that did not take away from the excellent service or food.Special Features:
- Hit the spot!DukeDined on 8/8/2014So what if Mario Batali doesn't work here? The food is great, generous portions, and comforting. When you just want something that hits the spot, fills you up, and is very satisfying, you won't go wrong here. And even on a very busy night, the service was exemplary.Special Features:
- Reliably excellentregularsVIPDined on 8/8/2014Trombino's had a busy Friday, but there was no wait for our table. Service was prompt, attentive, and accurate. The kitchen executed our meal on point. The food, of course, tasted wonderful and the portions were generous. Trombino's is an "essential" restaurant.Special Features:
- first visitbugsyfromtaosDined on 8/5/2014and it was quite good.all seemed to us to be very fresh ingredients. bread was made in house and tasty which is always a good litmus test. i ordered the house made sausage and spouse veal picatta. both top notch. portions ample to large. no chance to try dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manga plentyTastytreatDined on 8/3/2014Trombino's is a little difficult to get to even though you can see their sign from a good distance, but persevere. The food is good and the servings are enormous! My husband and I HAD THE CREOLE SHRIMP AND THEY WERE DELICIOUS! And there was a huge pile of them so take your teenaged friends here and even they won't go home hungry! The service was gracious and helpful too. We got a table in a little nook so the noise level was such that we could hear our friend and she could hear us.Special Features:
- T34@evodata.netLoveitalianDined on 8/2/2014Great food and wine. Best Italian restaurant in Albuquerque NM.Special Features:
- Great Overall ExperienceWaltDined on 8/2/2014Had not been to Trombino's in quite a while, but was pleasantly surprised that it was still there after all these years. The dining experience was very good.Special Features:
- Excellent 1st visitjackofclubsDined on 7/29/2014This was my first visit and I will be back. The food was excellent and the service also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodates Children wellMichaelDined on 7/29/2014We bring our family with small children here, we felt well accommodated. They even made a cheese sauce so we could replicate macaroni and cheese for our youngest.
- Traveling jewel7heavenDined on 7/12/2014Traveling with large family and looking for a Saturday night reservation to avoid waiting when we arrived by car. When our party of 9 arrived we were sat immediately. The food was great. We will return again!Special Features:
- not greatVirginia46Dined on 7/12/2014If the food was as good as the service, this would be a five-star recommendation. My partner ordered the frutti di mare, which was served without the pasta that was listed as an ingredient of the dish--basically he got a wine broth with clams and mussels. The goat cheese ravioli I ordered was not as good as the first time I had it a week or so earlier. Our friends enjoyed scampi, but we all agreed that we were somewhat disappointed in the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- longtime local favoriteMrsJDined on 7/12/2014Trombino's has been a local favorite for a long time and they deserve their following for their good food and service. Be prepared for the large portions, knowing there's another meal for another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining out in NEPaakoDined on 7/9/2014Staff was very good and attentive without being intrusive. Food was very good and served with good timing between courses, everything was hot and prompt. Bread could be improved with with some good italiano offering.Special Features:
- Go to spotMichaelDined on 7/3/2014We have kids so we don't get out much but when we do, this is the spot we frequent. Greats wines, beers and food.Special Features:
- Good ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014This was our first time in and we brought my wife's mother for her birthday. The food was really good and the portions were surprisingly large. They even gave her a complimentary dish of spumoni ice cream for her birthday. It was probably the best spumoni I've tasted. i will recommend this restaurant to anybody and I certainly will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- regularsVIPDined on 6/28/2014Excellent service, excellent food, pleasant atmosphere. People of all ages enjoying the experience of being there.Special Features:
- One of the best!dinerVIPDined on 6/22/2014Trombinos does not disappoint. The food is great and the wait staff is attentive. We ordered pizza, clams, mussels, and spaghetti. All of the above was excellent. I would return to this location.Special Features:
- Great dinnerABQDelish8Dined on 6/22/2014My family and friends had a wonderful dinner at Trombinos. The food is excellent, well priced and delicious. Would recommend to all who love great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSteveDined on 6/21/2014The food was good, but the service was a little slow. Friendly staff.Special Features:
- Trombino's is great!stuckintexDined on 6/18/2014We've dined at Trombino's for many years. They are always a sure thing. Our last was with picky eaters (11 of us). Food was really delish! Service was impeccable, great wine list, generous and perfect cocktails. Trombino's is a sure thing and we will go back the next time in town. It will be our 15th visit.Special Features:
- Fathers Day experiencePikeplacemarketDined on 6/15/2014Greeter first seated us in a high traffic area but switched us when we made the request. The server was very attentive and saw to our requests and needs throughout the meal. The food and beverages were most excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian CuisineKINGVIPDined on 6/14/2014IF you're seeking authentic Italian cuisine and generous portions all at a reasonable price, this is the place for you.Special Features:
- regularsVIPDined on 6/13/2014As always, terrific! Our favorite booth was ready, service prompt and courteous, and the kitchen on point.Special Features:
- Excellent resterauntDanielDined on 6/7/2014If your looking for a nice place to have a group dinner or even a romantic night, this resteraunt is the place. Excellent food, well priced, excellent staff and well portions. I cannot say anything bad about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best marinara in townOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2014Food is very good especially the marinara. Service was very attentive & friendly without being intrusive. Will be visiting again soonSpecial Features:
- regularsVIPDined on 5/31/2014Best pizza we've had in years! The execution by the kitchen of every dish we've had at Trombino's has been on point, and that includes the coffee.Special Features:
- Delicious!HJennaVIPDined on 5/25/2014Just recently found this place tucked away. I will never go to another Italian food restaurant. Delicious! Never fails me and my tummy!Special Features:
- Love this placemammamaurerDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I love going to Trombino's. In fact, we've been twice this week! The food, service, and environment is great. You couldn't ask for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out-of- town visitorDaveVIPDined on 5/24/2014Had an unexpected visitor and we were able to get reservations at the last minute and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 5/23/2014Trombinos is a long-standing favorite of ours. The food is consistently good and seems to improve over the years. Prices are relatively reasonable, and the menu is extensive & diverse. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great place for pleasure or business in Albuquerque.Special Features:
- The following 343 reviews are from the Trombino's Bistro Italiano reviews archive.
- No longer annoyedNMtravelersvelersVIPDined on 5/18/2014After a less-than-stellar experience on Mother's Day we returned a week later and everything was back to a very nice normal. Our requested booth was ready at the reserved time, service and food were both great. Thanks!Special Features:
- regularsVIPDined on 5/17/2014Everything excellent - chicken under a brick one of the best chicken dishes I've had at any restaurant. Our server got our order precisely correct, and the kitchen executed on point.Special Features: