Trombino's Bistro Italiano
5415 Academy Rd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Trombino's Bistro Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trombinos.com/
- Phone: 5058215974
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Coming Soon! Contact Chris Bambino at (505) 821-5974
- Private Party Facilities: Our very popular Semi-Private dining area can accommodate 36 to 40 guests.Call Chris Bambino or Kyle Healy for availability and menu options.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Bambino or Kyle Healy 5058215974
- Entertainment: Visit our bar to watch the game on one of our three LCD TVs and enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine with friends after work or on the weekend.
A word from Trombino's Bistro Italiano
SERVING "MANGIA" & "ABBONDANZA" FOR OVER 34 YEARS! Welcome to Trombino's Bistro Italiano, since 1979 a long standing favorite among Albuquerqueans, business travelers and tourists alike. Our restaurant is an ideal location for your lunch, dinner, or important client meetings. A comfortable Trattoria that has that inviting feeling of an old Italian neighborhood! More than just a place to eat, but rather, a gathering place where you, your friends, family and business associates can slow down, enjoy a great meal and reconnect. Trombino's serves signature dishes of authentic Italian-American cuisine. Our menu is large and varied, offering a great selection of homemade pastas, signature salads, prime steaks, fresh fish and memorable desserts, including these delectable choices... Gorgonzola Crusted New York Strip Steak, Veal Piccata, Veal Marsala, Chicken Caprini, Shrimp fra Diavolo, Fruitti di Mare & House-made Tiramisu Cake. The bar offers a first class wine list, and Decadent Martinis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Trombino's Bistro Italiano - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
Trombino's Bistro Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (37)special occasion (34)romantic (27)good for groups (25)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- An essestial comes throughregularsVIPDined on 10/18/2014Some nights you just need to be where everything will be as good as it could be. It's the comfort of excellence at Trombino's.Special Features:
- Special OccassionAnnonDined on 10/18/2014Very enjoyable experience! Have visited this restaurant before and the food and service continue to be of the highest quality.Special Features:
- 50th Wedding anniv.adventuremotherdearestDined on 10/12/2014I did not want any franchise eatery. We saw your add in balloon fiesta booklet and came one time with my brother and then returned to have a special meal with friends. We drove in our R.V. from N.H.to N.M. (balloon fiesta) and then off to Fl.. Your restaurant was the frosting on the cake for our celebration. Great food, friends, and memories.Special Features:
- greatdjdjDined on 10/12/2014Great, thanks! Your food is exceptional as was the waiting staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Albuquerque long weekend tripIkesweekendOct11Dined on 10/11/2014Long weekend trip to Albuquerque, made reservations hoping to enjoy a good Italian meal. Everything we hoped for and more! Great lobster ravioli and their stuffed pork chop was excellent as well! We will bring others the next time we travel to Albuquerque for sure! No wait to get in with reservation, great service and drinks to match their wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fignewtonsDined on 10/10/2014Everything was fabulous. The service was great and food tasty. Be sure to make a reservation, b/c this is a busy restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014A client of ours suggested this place and I was very impressed. The food was excellent! Thanks for an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NonameDined on 10/9/2014We have been going to Trombino's for a long time. We like everything, but especially, the fact that it is reliable and the people there, are very nice. This time we went with 4 grandkids (10,8 & 6) and everyone was very nice to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike4allMike4allVIPDined on 10/8/2014Vacationing in Albuquerque and had a wonderful dinner at Trombino. I would recommend to anyone that loves first class Italian food. Would definitely go back for more.Special Features:
- Big disappointment!RychedelicDined on 10/6/2014We were in town for Balloon Fiesta and always have Italian food for our Anniversary so we wanted to give Trombino's a try. We dined on an early Monday evening, the restaurant wasn't busy yet. Our server Juliana was very unfriendly and seemed annoyed at my request to change the sauce on my pasta. The food itself was very very bland and boring, it lacked salt and flavor on both my seafood pasta dish and my husbands chicken plate. What a terrible disappointment for our anniversary meal. I asked for a to-go cup for my iced tea and Juliana rudely stated, "We don't have cups to carry out drinks." Poor food and terrible service! I would NEVER recommend this place nor go back!
- Trombino'sPunisherDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food/great service. Motzarella Caprese was quite good...would have liked more balsamic reduction, but it was still very good. I had veal parmigiana and wife had eggplant parmigiana...sauce was excellent and portions were generous. Also had the teramisu cake...excellent as well!! Looking forward to going back and trying the lasagna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- essential and excellentregularsVIPDined on 9/27/2014Trombino's remains an essential restaurant - food, service, and ambience excellent. We're always glad to be there.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Trombino's had everything that our dinner party was looking for - the ambiance was fantastic, the food delicious and arrived in a timely manner, and the waitstaff were impeccably professional and checked on us just the right amount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portion controlBruceDined on 9/24/2014If you're dieting, don't go here. Portions are immense and the food is too good to leave anything for leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why have a reservationUpsetDined on 9/20/2014Made a reservation for table for 715, as this place is usually really busy on Saturday night. Arrived at 7 checked in and they said we have your reservation. There were about 20 people waiting so we waited at the bar as we usually do. Hostess kept calling people but not us, as all the people were seated we were still waiting so at 745 I went back to ask the hostess she said she called my name but we were there the whole time, another hostess told us oh we forgot. So I was a little upset that the reservation was worthless but more upset that one of the hostess lied about calling our name. They seemed to careless about it and said give us ten more minutes well get a table cleaned off, no manager apology nothing, Horrible experience.Special Features:
- Excellent!!MeechDined on 9/11/2014I absolutely love Trombinos! It has a lovely atmosphere and the food is even better. Unfortunately I have not tried many of their menu items because I fell in live with the chicken piccata, which I order every time. We've always had wonderful service from the waitstaff as well. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014I have never had a bad experience at Trombinos. Food is always good and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, too muchFoodie01Dined on 8/30/2014Had dinner with the family at Trombino's o's to celebrate a birthday. The dinner was good and the food tasty. Pros: good food, great service. Neutral: pedestrian wine list. Cons: too much food. Everyone left food on their plates.Special Features:
- regularsVIPDined on 8/29/2014Some nights there is just no place we'd rather be than Trombino's.Special Features:
- DisappointedWWladyDined on 8/27/2014The waiter was indifferent to the extent of being rude & uninformed to the menu offerings. The gluten-free pasta was a tasteless thick glob (penne w/vodka sauce) which arrived so quickly, I'm not sure it was even GF. The waiter could care less & never came back to check. A manager/charge person did not stop by to ask how our experience was. As a result, we will not be returning to this place. Albuquerque have many other good Italian restaurants that will make our evening pleasant.
- New to Albuquerque, gem in 505LoveitDined on 8/24/2014Received gift card from our broker after buying our second investment property within our first year here. This place is amazing and competes with California's premiere locations. Thank you for having top quality service and food, we have this as our top spot to go for special occasions. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italiam in TownbweaveitDined on 8/21/2014Everything from the bread to dessert was terrific. Service exceptional. prices reasonable. Best home cooked Italian in Albuquerque.Special Features:
- Lots of FoodfoodjunkieDined on 8/16/2014The food was delicious but the serving sizes were too large. I would love to see Trombino offer smaller plates. The service was very slow so I wouldn't go here unless I knew I could sit back, relax and enjoy a leisurely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid-week breakDaveVIPDined on 8/13/2014I had just placed friends from back East on an airplane and this was an opportunity to reconnect with my girlfriend- just the two of us and it was just what we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We brought our son as it was his 21st year of life. Too bad you couldn't accept his driver's license as it was the vertical one but that did not take away from the excellent service or food.Special Features:
- Hit the spot!DukeDined on 8/8/2014So what if Mario Batali doesn't work here? The food is great, generous portions, and comforting. When you just want something that hits the spot, fills you up, and is very satisfying, you won't go wrong here. And even on a very busy night, the service was exemplary.Special Features:
- Reliably excellentregularsVIPDined on 8/8/2014Trombino's had a busy Friday, but there was no wait for our table. Service was prompt, attentive, and accurate. The kitchen executed our meal on point. The food, of course, tasted wonderful and the portions were generous. Trombino's is an "essential" restaurant.Special Features:
- first visitbugsyfromtaosDined on 8/5/2014and it was quite good.all seemed to us to be very fresh ingredients. bread was made in house and tasty which is always a good litmus test. i ordered the house made sausage and spouse veal picatta. both top notch. portions ample to large. no chance to try dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manga plentyTastytreatDined on 8/3/2014Trombino's is a little difficult to get to even though you can see their sign from a good distance, but persevere. The food is good and the servings are enormous! My husband and I HAD THE CREOLE SHRIMP AND THEY WERE DELICIOUS! And there was a huge pile of them so take your teenaged friends here and even they won't go home hungry! The service was gracious and helpful too. We got a table in a little nook so the noise level was such that we could hear our friend and she could hear us.Special Features:
- T34@evodata.netLoveitalianDined on 8/2/2014Great food and wine. Best Italian restaurant in Albuquerque NM.Special Features:
- Great Overall ExperienceWaltDined on 8/2/2014Had not been to Trombino's in quite a while, but was pleasantly surprised that it was still there after all these years. The dining experience was very good.Special Features:
- Excellent 1st visitjackofclubsDined on 7/29/2014This was my first visit and I will be back. The food was excellent and the service also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodates Children wellMichaelDined on 7/29/2014We bring our family with small children here, we felt well accommodated. They even made a cheese sauce so we could replicate macaroni and cheese for our youngest.
- Traveling jewel7heavenDined on 7/12/2014Traveling with large family and looking for a Saturday night reservation to avoid waiting when we arrived by car. When our party of 9 arrived we were sat immediately. The food was great. We will return again!Special Features:
- not greatVirginia46Dined on 7/12/2014If the food was as good as the service, this would be a five-star recommendation. My partner ordered the frutti di mare, which was served without the pasta that was listed as an ingredient of the dish--basically he got a wine broth with clams and mussels. The goat cheese ravioli I ordered was not as good as the first time I had it a week or so earlier. Our friends enjoyed scampi, but we all agreed that we were somewhat disappointed in the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- longtime local favoriteMrsJDined on 7/12/2014Trombino's has been a local favorite for a long time and they deserve their following for their good food and service. Be prepared for the large portions, knowing there's another meal for another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining out in NEPaakoDined on 7/9/2014Staff was very good and attentive without being intrusive. Food was very good and served with good timing between courses, everything was hot and prompt. Bread could be improved with with some good italiano offering.Special Features:
- Go to spotMichaelDined on 7/3/2014We have kids so we don't get out much but when we do, this is the spot we frequent. Greats wines, beers and food.Special Features:
- Good ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014This was our first time in and we brought my wife's mother for her birthday. The food was really good and the portions were surprisingly large. They even gave her a complimentary dish of spumoni ice cream for her birthday. It was probably the best spumoni I've tasted. i will recommend this restaurant to anybody and I certainly will return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- regularsVIPDined on 6/28/2014Excellent service, excellent food, pleasant atmosphere. People of all ages enjoying the experience of being there.Special Features:
- The following 357 reviews are from the Trombino's Bistro Italiano reviews archive.