Trius Winery Restaurant
1249 Niagara Stone Road
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$51 and over
Trius Winery Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.triuswines.com/
- Phone: 8005828412x3
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Frank Dodd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trius Winery Restaurant
Trius Winery Restaurant celebrates the relationship between our land, our people, our wines and our food. Chef Frank Dodd showcases locally inspired cuisine made with ingredients from the bounty of Niagara Wine Country, and Winemaker Craig McDonald pairs them with wines made from grapes that grow in the same soil. Extend your stay in Wine Country, and allow us to arrange a private tasting in The Loft or another Winery Experience prior to your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Trius Winery Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Trius Winery Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (132)scenic view (121)great for outdoor dining (118)romantic (109)special occasion (108)notable wine list (89)great for lunch (70)good for groups (48)great for brunch (39)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Beautiful Fall BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful Brunch this past week-end. The food was absolutely outstanding. The presentation, the service and the atmosphere was perfect. Would highly recommend the Sunday brunch, for something a little different from the ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiVIPDined on 10/18/2014Few years back, this restaurant was one of my favorite. Now the menu has been paired down so there was not enough choices. The services has gone worst.For example, they did not take the coats of anyone. Overall, the food was very good but just not enough for the price and certainly not was it used to be ...
- Outstanding againSteveDined on 10/18/2014Once or twice a year (for the last 20 years) we have visited Niagara-on-the Lake. When ever we visit NOTL we allows arrange to dine at Trius Winery Restaurant. Again on are most recent visit we had an excellent meal and dining experience. Also, The Trius Red wine was excellent. We will plan on attending this restaurant again in the future.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchNADIADined on 10/12/2014Our service was good and overall had a great experience. One thing that was disappointing was the fact that our desert did not arrive for 25 minutes after it was ordered. We got our coffee's and by the time we were finished the desert was nowhere to be seen. It ends up that there was a 70 person party next door and our order was no longer a priority. The waiter did explain the situation, however at that point we covered our bill and had to go. I would recommend Trius Winery Restaurant to my family and friends, but also wanted to provide this feedback based on our recent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent pairing of food and wine. Food was delicious and the wine enhanced the food perfectlySpecial Features:
- Missed the markOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014As frequent Trius diners, we have come to expect great things from Chef Dodd's team and in the past were never disappointed. On our most recent visit however our entrees missed the mark with my beef rather chewy and my wife's pork chop a little to well-done and also chewy.On a more positive note, the pumpkin soup I had was excellent though it could have been just a tad hotter. Dessert lived up our high expectations with a most fabulous pumpkin mousse / toasted marshmallow creation, so good we had to order another!! Fabulous staff .... a warm ambiance that makes for a wonderful special evening or lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!lpwtorontoDined on 10/3/2014As always! Food was sensational - particularly the “Fish and Chips”. Service outstanding! Great ambiance! The staff are so friendly! We love it here! Always come back for any excuse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningBuffaloMikeVIPDined on 9/29/2014We have dined at Trius many times over the years. I have to say that this was one of the finest evenings, on all levels, we have enjoyed. They left nothing to be desired. Just wonderful.Special Features:
- andyDined on 9/28/2014Great food and wine. The service was excellent! The servers are very knowledgeable about the food and wines. The food was presented in interesting ways1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food, Perfect Service.JoloveswineDined on 9/27/2014I loved the atmosphere. The food was quite delicious, with the slight exception of my husband's rib eye which he found a little tough. The fish and chips using gnocchi was an unexpected, delicious take on the traditional. Our server was friendly and very knowledgeable about the dishes and their wine pairings, that he made the whole experience that much more pleasant. This was my first experience at Trius but not my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NealehurstonDined on 9/27/2014Loved hearing the babies among us and seeing small children enjoy Trius, defintely kid-friendly. Trius was an awesome experience to celebrate my husband's birthday; and he especially loved the cornbread, peach caramel desert served in the mini iron skillet. Bravo Trius!Special Features:
- Good Food & WineStassiaDined on 9/26/2014We went there with friends to celebrate my spouses birthday. We were treated very well by the service staff and their food was very good. Wine pairings were good with generous pours. My only comment would be we would have liked it more had the Chef prepared the menu and pairings for the day/week. Instead if felt like this was the menu for the season. We have had better meals at winery restaurants that we appreciated more. However, it was still very good!Special Features:
- Spectacular Meal and ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Dinner at the Trius Winery at Hillebrand was exceptional. One of the best meals I have had, very professional service and the ambience was perfect.Special Features:
- Trius Winery RestaurantdoctorjoeDined on 9/20/2014This is one gem my wife and I have gone to a second time. We expected outstanding food quality and we received it. Will recommend for special occasions. If it wasn't for a windy day we would have opted to sit out looking at the wineyard. But still, seeing it through a glass window at sunset was magical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service needs workdrelsVIPDined on 9/20/2014We've been for lunch or dinner every time we visit NOTL. The food is always, still, outstanding! Presentation beautiful, wine pairings with vineyard vintages great and the cooking precise and creative. The service needs work. I'm not looking to criticize, I'm looking to help. In a half empty dining room, a party of 4 should not wait at the maître d' station to be seated, and once seated to be ignored at the table to the point that we had to ask a passing somebody if our server could at least say hello. When you have a 5:30 reservation, maybe the assumption is you have 8 o'clock tickets to the Shaw Festival. Please! Raise the level of service to that of the food and ambience. If you've read this far, still go, the food is worth it!Special Features:
- Sabered Sparkling SensationionalSabermewineDined on 9/20/2014I'm a wine member & had lunch on 20/09/14 with a party of 6. Anthony was our server and he was knowledgeable, friendly, professional and accommodating. We ordered 3 bottles with our lunch, whereby 2 of them were sparkling wine. After he opened the first bottle and some conversation regarding "sabering" a bottle, I asked if I could saber one. After instructions & at a safe distance, I successfully opened one. It was an awesome experience for myself and my party as well as those dining around us! I kept the cork/cage/bottle lip as a souvenir. Anthony raised our dining experience to a higher level. The Cinderella pumpkin soup was wonderful. The only small draw back was that the portions were too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine country venueMousseauVIPDined on 9/20/2014Consistently excellent food, Trius Winery Restaurant has never disappointed. From the friendly staff to the delicious fresh food mostly sourced locally. The patio has a great view of the vines and surrounding property. Also some of the best Canadian wines at very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experiencejatFoodieDined on 9/18/2014Took visitors from Singapore for dinner @ Trius. These were world travelers who have eaten in some of the finest restaurants in the world. They too were impressed by Trius: Ambiance was lovely, presentation of food was great, quality and tasted were 1st class and creative. Service was top class....overall a very enjoyable experience....its was worth the drive.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Wine, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Overall, they do pay attention to details as the restaurant is very clean, and glassware and silverware are spotless. Call me crazy, but I got thrown off some time when going to good restaurants and found that these are not cleaned well. Thank you also for keeping the washroom nice and clean.Special Features:
- A bit slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were there for lunch and we're going to visit a few local wineries. The good was very good but the wait for it was a bit over the top for what it is. Especially for a lunch. Yeah, it should be a casual relaxing time in the Niagara-on-the-lake mode of things, but when you want to make the most of your day, this is probably not the place to start.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchLisaDined on 9/13/2014A group of six had a delightful lunch with paired wines. The wait staff and sommelier were wonderful - especially the young waitress who was so knowledgeable about what we were eating and is young enough to still be in braces! The salmon rillette and the house made charcuterie were particular favorites. We also enjoyed the pork chop and the artic char. The only disappointments were the desserts - the lemon tart was rubbery although it was a little long in the tooth. When we mentioned the tart, the waiter removed the charge from the bill - so no harm no foul! We would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone travelling in the Niagara-on-the-Lake area.Special Features:
- Lovely Birthday SurprisemorepleaseDined on 9/11/2014My lunch experience with your restaurant and follow-up wine tasting n Thursday, Sept. 11 was great. Our server was very pleasant and professional. The soup ordered by my husband was poured at table by a male server who was personable. I enjoyed the wine pairing with my lunch of arctic char which was delicious. Dessert was yummy. The music was upbeat and suited the time of day and weather. My 65th birthday lunch was one I won't forget.Special Features:
- Wine pairing dinnerWineryDined on 9/10/2014This was a highlight for our vacation. We have been here before and the restaurant has maintained their high level of service and food quality. The wines complimented the food very well. Highly recommended. Be sure to visit the wine tasting room beforehand.Special Features:
- sugarDined on 9/8/2014Great service, great food, great wine...........must give it a trySpecial Features:
- FineniteatTriusDined on 9/6/2014Great ambiance.luxurious surroundings. Great well kept grounds. The bisque was ordinary, the duck egg was excellent. The lamb under cooked, but very tender and flavourful.desert aw superb. The wines were excellent . Wine service was abit slow. Overall a very good experience would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great!PretsDined on 9/5/2014I visit yearly, consistently great. A great room with food On par with best of Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa Valley of Canadaluv2dineDined on 9/4/2014We loved the place....as good as anything we have had in wine country anywhere....California, France etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Very classy and beautiful place with a great service and amazing food. Frank, our waiter had a great knowledge of wines. My guests were very impressed.Special Features:
- Very pleasant experienceThomasDined on 8/30/2014Outside view from table inside is wonderful. Food is of good quality and menu is imaginative. Wait staff are friendly. The minor imperfection is that the interior is showing its age. The decor is still good and clean, but one can see the smudge on the walls.Special Features:
- Spectacular Food presentationHerewegoagainDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyable dining experience, service was excellent, food taste was good there's a lot of flavours with the 5 course fixed menu which I highly recommend, the only minor issue if I had to be critical would be the hot items were luke warm, but food presentation was spectacular probably the best I've seen. Each dish was magazine menu cover worthy (compliments to the chef and his brigade).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindWineHunterDined on 8/29/2014Trius Restaurant will exceed your expectations! Great food, Great Wine and great service! It was our first time eating at Trius Restaurant, but i have to say it was an absolutely fantastic dinner Friday night. The lamb was done absolutely perfect and everyone in our group thoroughly enjoyed their meals. Great ambience, fantastic food, of course great wine, and first rate service. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Scenic View Quality FoodMleeDined on 8/28/2014We had nice weather when we ate at the restaurant. The outdoor tables offered great scenic view. The service was impressive. Food quality and taste was wonderful, great wine pairing. We were having a very enjoyable lunch as most tables including ours were small groups of 2 to 4 people. It was an ideal environment for casual get together. Unfortunately, close to the end of our lunch, a big group of over 10 people arrived and sat close to us. The group was noisy and moved around a lot in front of us taking pictures, it was rather disturbing. I recommend the restaurant to seat larger groups in a corner (preferably designated for bigger groups), further away from the smaller tables so that everyone can enjoy their meal without interruption.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a night to rememberibroughtwineDined on 8/26/2014Had a wonderful wine tasting and meal for our anniversary at Trius. What a perfect evening with romance all around. The staff were knowledgeable, friendly and went out of their way to make our time there special. We alerted our waiter to a serious gluten allergy, and they accommodated it flawlessly. We were even brought some homemade gluten free bread! Beautiful setting, food that I will be dreaming about for a long time. Everything was delicious, but the cauliflower soup was out of this world. We will be back!Special Features:
- great placewinelover42Dined on 8/26/20142nd time dining at the Trius restaurant and so far I have not been disappointed. All around great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restauranthadagreattimeDined on 8/25/2014Really good food and the ambience was terrific, especially eating outside on the patio and looking out onto the vineyard. The pasta was one of the best I've had. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing...fudluvaDined on 8/24/2014This was our second time eating at Trius. To our surprise, this dinner was even better than last time (brunch). The rack of lamb stole the show, all of us could not stop going on about how great it was. We all said next time we would have to order an extra dish so each person would have more!Special Features:
- Awesome surprise!!!!BlissDined on 8/24/2014We arrived expecting lunch on Sunday and when told it was a brunch menu, we thought "NOOOO!!! not another Bennie creation." We marveled at what was placed before us. Our server was not only attentive and knowledgeable, but authentic in his desire to make this a memorable experience. It was! Thank you for a great start to a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!CeeDeeLLDined on 8/23/2014A feast for your senses, or those you may be trying to impress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceClaumoDined on 8/23/2014Very nice service, excellent food, super romantic view, good list of wines, surprise desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The Trius restaurant is one of the most delightful dining experiences. I have traveled around the world and been to many restaurants, but this one stands out among them all. The service is spectacular - friendly, engaging staff and everything is like clockwork. The chef is creative and the fact that it is farm to table dining makes it even more special. I take visitors to Trius whenever I can and fully recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.