Trius Winery Restaurant
1249 Niagara Stone Road
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$51 and over
Trius Winery Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.triuswines.com/
- Phone: 8005828412x3
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Frank Dodd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trius Winery Restaurant
Trius Winery Restaurant celebrates the relationship between our land, our people, our wines and our food. Chef Frank Dodd showcases locally inspired cuisine made with ingredients from the bounty of Niagara Wine Country, and Winemaker Craig McDonald pairs them with wines made from grapes that grow in the same soil. Extend your stay in Wine Country, and allow us to arrange a private tasting in The Loft or another Winery Experience prior to your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Trius Winery Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Trius Winery Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (122)great for outdoor dining (120)scenic view (114)special occasion (104)romantic (103)notable wine list (84)great for lunch (63)good for groups (45)great for brunch (34)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Good Food, Good Wine, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Overall, they do pay attention to details as the restaurant is very clean, and glassware and silverware are spotless. Call me crazy, but I got thrown off some time when going to good restaurants and found that these are not cleaned well. Thank you also for keeping the washroom nice and clean.Special Features:
- A bit slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were there for lunch and we're going to visit a few local wineries. The good was very good but the wait for it was a bit over the top for what it is. Especially for a lunch. Yeah, it should be a casual relaxing time in the Niagara-on-the-lake mode of things, but when you want to make the most of your day, this is probably not the place to start.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchLisaDined on 9/13/2014A group of six had a delightful lunch with paired wines. The wait staff and sommelier were wonderful - especially the young waitress who was so knowledgeable about what we were eating and is young enough to still be in braces! The salmon rillette and the house made charcuterie were particular favorites. We also enjoyed the pork chop and the artic char. The only disappointments were the desserts - the lemon tart was rubbery although it was a little long in the tooth. When we mentioned the tart, the waiter removed the charge from the bill - so no harm no foul! We would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone travelling in the Niagara-on-the-Lake area.Special Features:
- Lovely Birthday SurprisemorepleaseDined on 9/11/2014My lunch experience with your restaurant and follow-up wine tasting n Thursday, Sept. 11 was great. Our server was very pleasant and professional. The soup ordered by my husband was poured at table by a male server who was personable. I enjoyed the wine pairing with my lunch of arctic char which was delicious. Dessert was yummy. The music was upbeat and suited the time of day and weather. My 65th birthday lunch was one I won't forget.Special Features:
- Wine pairing dinnerWineryDined on 9/10/2014This was a highlight for our vacation. We have been here before and the restaurant has maintained their high level of service and food quality. The wines complimented the food very well. Highly recommended. Be sure to visit the wine tasting room beforehand.Special Features:
- sugarDined on 9/8/2014Great service, great food, great wine...........must give it a trySpecial Features:
- FineniteatTriusDined on 9/6/2014Great ambiance.luxurious surroundings. Great well kept grounds. The bisque was ordinary, the duck egg was excellent. The lamb under cooked, but very tender and flavourful.desert aw superb. The wines were excellent . Wine service was abit slow. Overall a very good experience would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great!PretsDined on 9/5/2014I visit yearly, consistently great. A great room with food On par with best of Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa Valley of Canadaluv2dineDined on 9/4/2014We loved the place....as good as anything we have had in wine country anywhere....California, France etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Very classy and beautiful place with a great service and amazing food. Frank, our waiter had a great knowledge of wines. My guests were very impressed.Special Features:
- Very pleasant experienceThomasDined on 8/30/2014Outside view from table inside is wonderful. Food is of good quality and menu is imaginative. Wait staff are friendly. The minor imperfection is that the interior is showing its age. The decor is still good and clean, but one can see the smudge on the walls.Special Features:
- Spectacular Food presentationHerewegoagainDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyable dining experience, service was excellent, food taste was good there's a lot of flavours with the 5 course fixed menu which I highly recommend, the only minor issue if I had to be critical would be the hot items were luke warm, but food presentation was spectacular probably the best I've seen. Each dish was magazine menu cover worthy (compliments to the chef and his brigade).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindWineHunterDined on 8/29/2014Trius Restaurant will exceed your expectations! Great food, Great Wine and great service! It was our first time eating at Trius Restaurant, but i have to say it was an absolutely fantastic dinner Friday night. The lamb was done absolutely perfect and everyone in our group thoroughly enjoyed their meals. Great ambience, fantastic food, of course great wine, and first rate service. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Scenic View Quality FoodMleeDined on 8/28/2014We had nice weather when we ate at the restaurant. The outdoor tables offered great scenic view. The service was impressive. Food quality and taste was wonderful, great wine pairing. We were having a very enjoyable lunch as most tables including ours were small groups of 2 to 4 people. It was an ideal environment for casual get together. Unfortunately, close to the end of our lunch, a big group of over 10 people arrived and sat close to us. The group was noisy and moved around a lot in front of us taking pictures, it was rather disturbing. I recommend the restaurant to seat larger groups in a corner (preferably designated for bigger groups), further away from the smaller tables so that everyone can enjoy their meal without interruption.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a night to rememberibroughtwineDined on 8/26/2014Had a wonderful wine tasting and meal for our anniversary at Trius. What a perfect evening with romance all around. The staff were knowledgeable, friendly and went out of their way to make our time there special. We alerted our waiter to a serious gluten allergy, and they accommodated it flawlessly. We were even brought some homemade gluten free bread! Beautiful setting, food that I will be dreaming about for a long time. Everything was delicious, but the cauliflower soup was out of this world. We will be back!Special Features:
- great placewinelover42Dined on 8/26/20142nd time dining at the Trius restaurant and so far I have not been disappointed. All around great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restauranthadagreattimeDined on 8/25/2014Really good food and the ambience was terrific, especially eating outside on the patio and looking out onto the vineyard. The pasta was one of the best I've had. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing...fudluvaDined on 8/24/2014This was our second time eating at Trius. To our surprise, this dinner was even better than last time (brunch). The rack of lamb stole the show, all of us could not stop going on about how great it was. We all said next time we would have to order an extra dish so each person would have more!Special Features:
- Awesome surprise!!!!BlissDined on 8/24/2014We arrived expecting lunch on Sunday and when told it was a brunch menu, we thought "NOOOO!!! not another Bennie creation." We marveled at what was placed before us. Our server was not only attentive and knowledgeable, but authentic in his desire to make this a memorable experience. It was! Thank you for a great start to a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!CeeDeeLLDined on 8/23/2014A feast for your senses, or those you may be trying to impress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceClaumoDined on 8/23/2014Very nice service, excellent food, super romantic view, good list of wines, surprise desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The Trius restaurant is one of the most delightful dining experiences. I have traveled around the world and been to many restaurants, but this one stands out among them all. The service is spectacular - friendly, engaging staff and everything is like clockwork. The chef is creative and the fact that it is farm to table dining makes it even more special. I take visitors to Trius whenever I can and fully recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous patiolive2eatDined on 8/21/2014After visiting many wineries, we were so pleased to have stopped here for lunch! The portions are small but very delicious. The view of the vineyard from the patio was perfect. Definitely a must if your in the area.Special Features:
- WOW!!!GoldnblosmVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great ambience! The food is out of this world! My wife said her Capon was the best she ever had. And my pate...what can I say, I could have had that with the bread and wine and been 100% satisfied with just that. Don't miss out. Just go. Our 8yr old was with us for lunch and the other patrons didn't mind. Not stuffy or pretentious like some other wineries. PS...get the wine pairing, it's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousCathyandColleenDined on 8/19/2014A lovely spot - sat on the patio overlooking the vineyard. The food was terrific and the service excellent. Great meal and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCommuterDined on 8/17/2014What can be said other than, OUTSTANDING, in every aspectSpecial Features:
- Memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Decided to order the lamb for 2 and it was wonderful. Service was excellent and very attentive. Have enjoyed the cusine at this resaturant before and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Ce fut un délicieux moment dans un cadre remarquableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room with a viewDebombusDined on 8/15/2014We ate lunch on the outdoor patio nestled under the umbrellas surrounded by greenery, a water fountain and a horizon filled with hilly rows of vineyards! Great ambience for a relaxing afternoon. Wait staff was extremely polite, friendly and knowledgeable about all the menu choices as well as the special events and history of Hillebrand. Our waitress was very approachable,attentive and helpful which enhanced our dining experience. Our menu choices were superb....the maple brined pork was done to perfection and melted in your mouth. The summer salad bowl was a colourful creation of beets, cheese, red onion and walnut...flavours all well balance. A tasty surprise was the seasonal corn bisque..creamy and with a smoky finish. Wine....fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Overall a great experience. The food was beautifully prepared and presented and our multiple servers couldn't have been better. If a little more could have been done to baffle the wind on the patio it would have been perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTrear0831VIPDined on 8/14/2014The Food was very creative and delicious our Server Sue was very pleasant We highly recommend this restaurant for foodies you will be extremely satisfied. Excellent wine listSpecial Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014My husband and I had one of the best meals we've ever had at Trius, we did the tasting menu and it was pretty much perfection. We've done many tastings at other restaurants where we liked some of the dishes but not all but at Trius each dish was equally amazing. It was the type of meal that at the end you wished you could go back and start all over again. It was so good in fact that no other restaurants compared the rest of our vacation. In hindsight we wish we could have just gone there every night, we can't stop talking about it. Our server too was so nice, she was very sweet and enhanced the experience that much more.Special Features:
- A place you will rememberPoonDined on 8/11/2014Having a fantastic meal next to the vineyard, birds, breeze, good wine, complex taste, fine service, what else you need? Bring your love one and have a good time there, I'll definately go again and recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciate food, wine and love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual eleganceCanuck73Dined on 8/10/2014Delicious food with attentive yet friendly service. Beautiful outdoor dining experience. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE ITWinedoctorVIPDined on 8/10/2014We love love love Trius. I look forward to visiting Niagara OTL every summer, and Trius is one of the reasons why. The chef is creative and extremely talented. I have had the pleasure of eating her about 7 or 8 times, and it is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere. The outdoor terrace overlooking the vineyards is lovely. The wine is very good, the service is always great and the food ...... WOW!Special Features:
- Rustic Cuisine, delectably elevatedGeCk0Dined on 8/9/2014Fantastic restaurant on a beautiful winery. Visited during a weekend getaway. It just happened to coincide with the Blues Festival and the atmosphere was electric. The wait staff were very attentive and very relaxed. We were a little worried since the Blues Festivities meant a limited menu, but we need not have been as the food was top notch. I would best describe it as rustic cuisine but delectably elevated. The corn bisque was perfectly balanced and not too sweet, but the crostini and pork belly gave it the perfect balance. The Wellington prime rib was perfectly cooked and the accoutrements were deliciously thought out. My girlfriend and I both enjoyed our meals greatly and we will definitely come back when we are next in the area.Special Features:
- Great view and allergy friendlyAnnetteVIPDined on 8/7/2014The view from the patio is gorgeous and the service is very good. They went out of their way to accommodate our allergies. The food was excellent but the menu was a bit limited. One surprise was the wine served with dinner was very reasonably priced and not marked up as we had expected in a winery. Lovely evening. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- LOVE IT !!!!!!WinedoctorVIPDined on 8/7/2014We love love love Trius. I look forward to visiting Niagara OTL every summer, and Trius is one of the reasons why. The chef is creative and extremely talented. I have had the pleasure of eating her about 7 or 8 times, and it is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere. The outdoor terrace overlooking the vineyards is lovely. The wine is very good, the service is always great and the food ...... WOW!Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The food and wine was great, but our server lacked personality. The server waited on us like we were at Denny's. Very quick, and no classy presentation. But we loved the food and wine. Just not the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TriustinysanDined on 8/6/2014This is a beautiful place with very nice wines, but a shallow dinner least! It was quite disappointing to see so few entree meals. We were there about 3 years ago and it was quite different! I could not recommend this to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.