Trius Winery Restaurant
1249 Niagara Stone Road
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$51 and over
Trius Winery Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.triuswines.com/
- Phone: (800) 582-8412 ext. 3
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Frank Dodd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trius Winery Restaurant
Trius Winery Restaurant celebrates the relationship between our land, our people, our wines and our food. Chef Frank Dodd showcases locally inspired cuisine made with ingredients from the bounty of Niagara Wine Country, and Winemaker Craig McDonald pairs them with wines made from grapes that grow in the same soil. Extend your stay in Wine Country, and allow us to arrange a private tasting in The Loft or another Winery Experience prior to your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Trius Winery Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Trius Winery Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)special occasion (107)scenic view (107)romantic (102)great for outdoor dining (90)notable wine list (84)great for lunch (74)good for groups (48)great for brunch (39)neighborhood gem (21)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Superb as usual!PaindecampagneDined on 11/25/2014We have never been disappointed with this restaurant. The service, ambiance and food are exceptional. A special touch was the freshly baked bread to accommodate a gluten intolerance. We savor our visits to Trius!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent finish to our dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014After a day of wine tasting at various wineries and shopping in Niagara on the Lake, dinner at Trius was the perfect end to a perfect day. The portions are perfect, the presentation is wonderful and the wines superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014First time experience and we were very impressed. Delicious food, we plan on coming again, we recomend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gotta love the foodKennerDined on 11/20/2014Great chef, great professional servers, lovely ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulicious!WineloversDined on 11/16/2014The fabulicious menu was a hit for our group of 4. Will definitely return for more wine cocktails, delicious food and wine. The atmosphere is also stunning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- debbersDined on 11/15/2014Excellent meal. Great value for $25. I highly recommend Trius.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our brunch and celebrating our wedding anniversary wth you. The staff was wonderful, very attentive and knowledgable. We would recommend it to our friends and will certainly return on other occasions. Patrick was very good at looking after us.Special Features:
- Does not disappoint!F00dieDined on 11/8/2014Dining here is always such a pleasure. We have been frequenting Trius for over a decade. The food and ambiance are beyond compare. It fits the bill for a special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent...butKozyDined on 11/1/2014Everything was great, the only surprise was it was a fixed menu...and expensive. We were told when we got there that normally you can select your food items from a menu but that day it was pre-set. We may have chosen not to go had we known that.Special Features:
- Saturday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our experience was good; however we went intending to have lunch and I do not recall seeing on website brunch only. Our starter the duck egg and the apple dessert was delicious. The burger was okay. We sat next to a glass wall of wine bottles and there were floral arrangements and walmart bags inside. Seemed a little messy for the high scale brunch it should have been. Our service was excellent. I wanted I believe the private reserve pinot gris and you were out of stock, She was able to quickly recommend a replacement option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We invited friends for dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014It was very plesent experience. Food was good, service nice and suggested wine right on.Special Features:
- Great service!TOfoodieDined on 10/29/2014Attentive service and very tasty food! The pumpkin soup and burger was awesome. Would definitely come back as the service was just outstanding. We went there for my husband's birthday and they welcomed us with sparking wine. Went on a tasting tour after and that was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicelovemyfoodDined on 10/26/2014Brunch was delicious. All four of us went with the 3 course meal (including Rose Brut) and it didn't disappoint. Each plate was a unique creation and beautifully presented. Service was very good. Lovely room and had it been warmer, the back deck that overlooks the vineyard would have been perfect. As it was, being inside looking out was still beautiful.Special Features:
- ServiceDawesDined on 10/25/2014Frank is a fantastic waiter who listens, is friendly and adjusts upon requests! We are extremely happy with the service, quality of food and variety of the wine pairing! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy food experienceRoseandTedDined on 10/23/2014Excellent presentation and excellent service. Very unique dining experience. My husband and I tried the 5 course menu and found everything quite tasty. My husband was a little disappointed in tenderness of his beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Fall BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful Brunch this past week-end. The food was absolutely outstanding. The presentation, the service and the atmosphere was perfect. Would highly recommend the Sunday brunch, for something a little different from the ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MimiVIPDined on 10/18/2014Few years back, this restaurant was one of my favorite. Now the menu has been paired down so there was not enough choices. The services has gone worst.For example, they did not take the coats of anyone. Overall, the food was very good but just not enough for the price and certainly not was it used to be ...
- Outstanding againSteveDined on 10/18/2014Once or twice a year (for the last 20 years) we have visited Niagara-on-the Lake. When ever we visit NOTL we allows arrange to dine at Trius Winery Restaurant. Again on are most recent visit we had an excellent meal and dining experience. Also, The Trius Red wine was excellent. We will plan on attending this restaurant again in the future.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchNADIADined on 10/12/2014Our service was good and overall had a great experience. One thing that was disappointing was the fact that our desert did not arrive for 25 minutes after it was ordered. We got our coffee's and by the time we were finished the desert was nowhere to be seen. It ends up that there was a 70 person party next door and our order was no longer a priority. The waiter did explain the situation, however at that point we covered our bill and had to go. I would recommend Trius Winery Restaurant to my family and friends, but also wanted to provide this feedback based on our recent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent pairing of food and wine. Food was delicious and the wine enhanced the food perfectlySpecial Features:
- Missed the markOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014As frequent Trius diners, we have come to expect great things from Chef Dodd's team and in the past were never disappointed. On our most recent visit however our entrees missed the mark with my beef rather chewy and my wife's pork chop a little to well-done and also chewy.On a more positive note, the pumpkin soup I had was excellent though it could have been just a tad hotter. Dessert lived up our high expectations with a most fabulous pumpkin mousse / toasted marshmallow creation, so good we had to order another!! Fabulous staff .... a warm ambiance that makes for a wonderful special evening or lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!lpwtorontoDined on 10/3/2014As always! Food was sensational - particularly the “Fish and Chips”. Service outstanding! Great ambiance! The staff are so friendly! We love it here! Always come back for any excuse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningBuffaloMikeVIPDined on 9/29/2014We have dined at Trius many times over the years. I have to say that this was one of the finest evenings, on all levels, we have enjoyed. They left nothing to be desired. Just wonderful.Special Features:
- andyDined on 9/28/2014Great food and wine. The service was excellent! The servers are very knowledgeable about the food and wines. The food was presented in interesting ways1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food, Perfect Service.JoloveswineDined on 9/27/2014I loved the atmosphere. The food was quite delicious, with the slight exception of my husband's rib eye which he found a little tough. The fish and chips using gnocchi was an unexpected, delicious take on the traditional. Our server was friendly and very knowledgeable about the dishes and their wine pairings, that he made the whole experience that much more pleasant. This was my first experience at Trius but not my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NealehurstonDined on 9/27/2014Loved hearing the babies among us and seeing small children enjoy Trius, defintely kid-friendly. Trius was an awesome experience to celebrate my husband's birthday; and he especially loved the cornbread, peach caramel desert served in the mini iron skillet. Bravo Trius!Special Features:
- Good Food & WineStassiaDined on 9/26/2014We went there with friends to celebrate my spouses birthday. We were treated very well by the service staff and their food was very good. Wine pairings were good with generous pours. My only comment would be we would have liked it more had the Chef prepared the menu and pairings for the day/week. Instead if felt like this was the menu for the season. We have had better meals at winery restaurants that we appreciated more. However, it was still very good!Special Features:
- Wonderful mealCleoVIPDined on 9/23/2014Ordered 5 course tasting menu - food was delicious, beautifully presented and they poured very generous glasses for the wine matching. Next time would just order three courses as portions are extremely generous, but if you are a hardy eater the tasting menu is excellent value. We were unable to go to the winery store before dinner but were thrilled to learn that the restaurant was able to sell us bottles of anything we liked that we had sampled at dinner. The restaurant decor is light wood and lots of windows, very sophisticated and restful. Excellent indie rock playlist at just the right volume in the background. Very comfortable seating with well spaced tables.Special Features:
- Spectacular Meal and ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Dinner at the Trius Winery at Hillebrand was exceptional. One of the best meals I have had, very professional service and the ambience was perfect.Special Features:
- Trius Winery RestaurantdoctorjoeDined on 9/20/2014This is one gem my wife and I have gone to a second time. We expected outstanding food quality and we received it. Will recommend for special occasions. If it wasn't for a windy day we would have opted to sit out looking at the wineyard. But still, seeing it through a glass window at sunset was magical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service needs workdrelsVIPDined on 9/20/2014We've been for lunch or dinner every time we visit NOTL. The food is always, still, outstanding! Presentation beautiful, wine pairings with vineyard vintages great and the cooking precise and creative. The service needs work. I'm not looking to criticize, I'm looking to help. In a half empty dining room, a party of 4 should not wait at the maître d' station to be seated, and once seated to be ignored at the table to the point that we had to ask a passing somebody if our server could at least say hello. When you have a 5:30 reservation, maybe the assumption is you have 8 o'clock tickets to the Shaw Festival. Please! Raise the level of service to that of the food and ambience. If you've read this far, still go, the food is worth it!Special Features:
- Sabered Sparkling SensationionalSabermewineDined on 9/20/2014I'm a wine member & had lunch on 20/09/14 with a party of 6. Anthony was our server and he was knowledgeable, friendly, professional and accommodating. We ordered 3 bottles with our lunch, whereby 2 of them were sparkling wine. After he opened the first bottle and some conversation regarding "sabering" a bottle, I asked if I could saber one. After instructions & at a safe distance, I successfully opened one. It was an awesome experience for myself and my party as well as those dining around us! I kept the cork/cage/bottle lip as a souvenir. Anthony raised our dining experience to a higher level. The Cinderella pumpkin soup was wonderful. The only small draw back was that the portions were too small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine country venueMousseauVIPDined on 9/20/2014Consistently excellent food, Trius Winery Restaurant has never disappointed. From the friendly staff to the delicious fresh food mostly sourced locally. The patio has a great view of the vines and surrounding property. Also some of the best Canadian wines at very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experiencejatFoodieDined on 9/18/2014Took visitors from Singapore for dinner @ Trius. These were world travelers who have eaten in some of the finest restaurants in the world. They too were impressed by Trius: Ambiance was lovely, presentation of food was great, quality and tasted were 1st class and creative. Service was top class....overall a very enjoyable experience....its was worth the drive.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Wine, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Overall, they do pay attention to details as the restaurant is very clean, and glassware and silverware are spotless. Call me crazy, but I got thrown off some time when going to good restaurants and found that these are not cleaned well. Thank you also for keeping the washroom nice and clean.Special Features:
- A bit slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were there for lunch and we're going to visit a few local wineries. The good was very good but the wait for it was a bit over the top for what it is. Especially for a lunch. Yeah, it should be a casual relaxing time in the Niagara-on-the-lake mode of things, but when you want to make the most of your day, this is probably not the place to start.Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchLisaDined on 9/13/2014A group of six had a delightful lunch with paired wines. The wait staff and sommelier were wonderful - especially the young waitress who was so knowledgeable about what we were eating and is young enough to still be in braces! The salmon rillette and the house made charcuterie were particular favorites. We also enjoyed the pork chop and the artic char. The only disappointments were the desserts - the lemon tart was rubbery although it was a little long in the tooth. When we mentioned the tart, the waiter removed the charge from the bill - so no harm no foul! We would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone travelling in the Niagara-on-the-Lake area.Special Features:
- Lovely Birthday SurprisemorepleaseDined on 9/11/2014My lunch experience with your restaurant and follow-up wine tasting n Thursday, Sept. 11 was great. Our server was very pleasant and professional. The soup ordered by my husband was poured at table by a male server who was personable. I enjoyed the wine pairing with my lunch of arctic char which was delicious. Dessert was yummy. The music was upbeat and suited the time of day and weather. My 65th birthday lunch was one I won't forget.Special Features:
- Wine pairing dinnerWineryDined on 9/10/2014This was a highlight for our vacation. We have been here before and the restaurant has maintained their high level of service and food quality. The wines complimented the food very well. Highly recommended. Be sure to visit the wine tasting room beforehand.Special Features:
- sugarDined on 9/8/2014Great service, great food, great wine...........must give it a trySpecial Features: