Trius Winery Restaurant
1249 Niagara Stone Road
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$51 and over
Trius Winery Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.triuswines.com/
- Phone: 8005828412x3
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 8:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Frank Dodd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trius Winery Restaurant
Trius Winery Restaurant celebrates the relationship between our land, our people, our wines and our food. Chef Frank Dodd showcases locally inspired cuisine made with ingredients from the bounty of Niagara Wine Country, and Winemaker Craig McDonald pairs them with wines made from grapes that grow in the same soil. Extend your stay in Wine Country, and allow us to arrange a private tasting in The Loft or another Winery Experience prior to your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Trius Winery Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Trius Winery Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (107)great for outdoor dining (106)scenic view (106)special occasion (100)romantic (94)notable wine list (78)great for lunch (51)good for groups (36)great for brunch (34)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- a night to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014Had a wonderful wine tasting and meal for our anniversary at Trius. What a perfect evening with romance all around. The staff were knowledgeable, friendly and went out of their way to make our time there special. We alerted our waiter to a serious gluten allergy, and they accommodated it flawlessly. We were even brought some homemade gluten free bread! Beautiful setting, food that I will be dreaming about for a long time. Everything was delicious, but the cauliflower soup was out of this world. We will be back!Special Features:
- great placewinelover42Dined on 8/26/20142nd time dining at the Trius restaurant and so far I have not been disappointed. All around great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Really good food and the ambience was terrific, especially eating outside on the patio and looking out onto the vineyard. The pasta was one of the best I've had. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing...fudluvaDined on 8/24/2014This was our second time eating at Trius. To our surprise, this dinner was even better than last time (brunch). The rack of lamb stole the show, all of us could not stop going on about how great it was. We all said next time we would have to order an extra dish so each person would have more!Special Features:
- Awesome surprise!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We arrived expecting lunch on Sunday and when told it was a brunch menu, we thought "NOOOO!!! not another Bennie creation." We marveled at what was placed before us. Our server was not only attentive and knowledgeable, but authentic in his desire to make this a memorable experience. It was! Thank you for a great start to a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!CeeDeeLLDined on 8/23/2014A feast for your senses, or those you may be trying to impress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceClaumoDined on 8/23/2014Very nice service, excellent food, super romantic view, good list of wines, surprise desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The Trius restaurant is one of the most delightful dining experiences. I have traveled around the world and been to many restaurants, but this one stands out among them all. The service is spectacular - friendly, engaging staff and everything is like clockwork. The chef is creative and the fact that it is farm to table dining makes it even more special. I take visitors to Trius whenever I can and fully recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous patiolive2eatDined on 8/21/2014After visiting many wineries, we were so pleased to have stopped here for lunch! The portions are small but very delicious. The view of the vineyard from the patio was perfect. Definitely a must if your in the area.Special Features:
- WOW!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2014Great ambience! The food is out of this world! My wife said her Capon was the best she ever had. And my pate...what can I say, I could have had that with the bread and wine and been 100% satisfied with just that. Don't miss out. Just go. Our 8yr old was with us for lunch and the other patrons didn't mind. Not stuffy or pretentious like some other wineries. PS...get the wine pairing, it's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousCathyandColleenDined on 8/19/2014A lovely spot - sat on the patio overlooking the vineyard. The food was terrific and the service excellent. Great meal and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCommuterDined on 8/17/2014What can be said other than, OUTSTANDING, in every aspectSpecial Features:
- Memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Decided to order the lamb for 2 and it was wonderful. Service was excellent and very attentive. Have enjoyed the cusine at this resaturant before and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Ce fut un délicieux moment dans un cadre remarquableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room with a viewDebombusDined on 8/15/2014We ate lunch on the outdoor patio nestled under the umbrellas surrounded by greenery, a water fountain and a horizon filled with hilly rows of vineyards! Great ambience for a relaxing afternoon. Wait staff was extremely polite, friendly and knowledgeable about all the menu choices as well as the special events and history of Hillebrand. Our waitress was very approachable,attentive and helpful which enhanced our dining experience. Our menu choices were superb....the maple brined pork was done to perfection and melted in your mouth. The summer salad bowl was a colourful creation of beets, cheese, red onion and walnut...flavours all well balance. A tasty surprise was the seasonal corn bisque..creamy and with a smoky finish. Wine....fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Overall a great experience. The food was beautifully prepared and presented and our multiple servers couldn't have been better. If a little more could have been done to baffle the wind on the patio it would have been perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTrear0831VIPDined on 8/14/2014The Food was very creative and delicious our Server Sue was very pleasant We highly recommend this restaurant for foodies you will be extremely satisfied. Excellent wine listSpecial Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014My husband and I had one of the best meals we've ever had at Trius, we did the tasting menu and it was pretty much perfection. We've done many tastings at other restaurants where we liked some of the dishes but not all but at Trius each dish was equally amazing. It was the type of meal that at the end you wished you could go back and start all over again. It was so good in fact that no other restaurants compared the rest of our vacation. In hindsight we wish we could have just gone there every night, we can't stop talking about it. Our server too was so nice, she was very sweet and enhanced the experience that much more.Special Features:
- A place you will rememberPoonDined on 8/11/2014Having a fantastic meal next to the vineyard, birds, breeze, good wine, complex taste, fine service, what else you need? Bring your love one and have a good time there, I'll definately go again and recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciate food, wine and love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual eleganceCanuck73Dined on 8/10/2014Delicious food with attentive yet friendly service. Beautiful outdoor dining experience. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Cuisine, delectably elevatedGeCk0Dined on 8/9/2014Fantastic restaurant on a beautiful winery. Visited during a weekend getaway. It just happened to coincide with the Blues Festival and the atmosphere was electric. The wait staff were very attentive and very relaxed. We were a little worried since the Blues Festivities meant a limited menu, but we need not have been as the food was top notch. I would best describe it as rustic cuisine but delectably elevated. The corn bisque was perfectly balanced and not too sweet, but the crostini and pork belly gave it the perfect balance. The Wellington prime rib was perfectly cooked and the accoutrements were deliciously thought out. My girlfriend and I both enjoyed our meals greatly and we will definitely come back when we are next in the area.Special Features:
- Great view and allergy friendlyAnnetteVIPDined on 8/7/2014The view from the patio is gorgeous and the service is very good. They went out of their way to accommodate our allergies. The food was excellent but the menu was a bit limited. One surprise was the wine served with dinner was very reasonably priced and not marked up as we had expected in a winery. Lovely evening. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014The food and wine was great, but our server lacked personality. The server waited on us like we were at Denny's. Very quick, and no classy presentation. But we loved the food and wine. Just not the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TriustinysanDined on 8/6/2014This is a beautiful place with very nice wines, but a shallow dinner least! It was quite disappointing to see so few entree meals. We were there about 3 years ago and it was quite different! I could not recommend this to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best resto in Niagara regionyamimomiVIPDined on 8/5/2014Chef Frank Dodd is a magician. every course from the amazing "fish &chips" to the personalized dessert he created for us , was a culinary magic. out standing flavours with eye popping artistic presentations. Bravo! we'v been eating here for the past 12 years and this visit was the best . we took the 5 course menu, it was wearth every penny . service was friendly knowledgeable and impecable. we will definitely come back. no doubt , this is the best restaurant in the Niagara region !Special Features:
- Wonderful ambiance and foodSrecoonDined on 8/3/2014We started our day with a tour of the winery and ended with a scrumptious perfectly paced meal of very high standards. The server was so kind and very accommodating and the food was extraordinary. We loved the wine pairings with each item. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegabyDined on 8/3/2014Food, location, service... everything was outstanding and we had a great experience. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- wine country's best kept secretFoodEDined on 8/2/2014A food lover's go to. Always fresh, local and thoughtfully composed. Staff is knowledgeable and friendly. Very clean and comfortable interior. A great spot to dine and watch the sunset over the beautiful vineyard. Definitely a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderul cuisine and serviceASHCADined on 7/30/2014Fresh local ingredients, prepared imaginatively without being overdone with too many flavours. Service is flawless. Relaxed atmosphere. Perfect wine country retreat!!Special Features:
- Trius is a TreatPAVCDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I come from Rochester to NOTL every year to celebrate our anniversary. This is the second year we chose Trius for its tasting menu with wine pairing. We were not disappointed. Each course was expertly prepared and beautifully plated. The wine pairings enhanced the flavor of each course and each course enhanced the flavor of each wine. The patio is beautiful and the vineyard view at sunset is picture perfect. The service is quite good. Each server seems well-trained and is able to discuss both wine and food. The meal was well paced with a nice amount of time between each course. I would definitely recommend a trip to Trius.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful settingPetuniappDined on 7/23/2014The vineyard setting is scenic, the ambience is beautiful, the food is amazing and the staff was helpful and friendly. We had been looking forward to a specific dessert, but the menu had changed the day before. Our waitress checked with the kitchen, and there were two left of the dessert we wanted, and they would hold them for us. Some of the best chocolate pots de creme! Of course, it's off the menu for now, but staff trying very hard to make the experience great.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyabledoogieDined on 7/23/2014Menu selections and dish preparation very interesting and results enjoyable. Service is always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be disappointedMikebDined on 7/20/2014Excellent Food at a Winery great service and very accommodating ! Try all the wines Trius Red very GoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014we all thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere & food. the staff was so helpful & professional. and that VIEW, WOW! we were proud Canadians showing off our Niagara region to 2 out of country guests, and we were so impressed by everything at Trius. we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Pleasant experienceg1nikkiDined on 7/20/2014We did the 3 course brunch with wine pairing... each course presentation was very well done, tastes good but the portions were a bit small unless you got the pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely...but better last timeNiagaraFanDined on 7/17/2014It was a lovely dinner and the food was excellent...but there were 2 things that were a little annoying... 1) We reserved a table outside about a month ago through your service, and we were given a lousy table in back corner... 2) We ordered red meat dishes as our main course...and were not given steak knives...making it a little more difficult to cut our meat. When we asked about knives...we were told that the chef does not allow steak knives because the meat should be tender enough to cut with a regular knife...it was not. So we had to work at it. It was not tough, but it was annoying. That being said, Chris, our waiter was very nice and very helpful...Special Features:
- Good experienceFelisolDined on 7/15/2014We have travelled many wineries in Australia, New Zealand , Chile, Italy, France , B.C. In Canada and Napa Valley and I must forget some. Trius was a very good experience with special presentation of fine foods. If you are in Niagara on the Lake don't miss this winery . EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic eveningcpoul074Dined on 7/14/2014We had a very nice 5 course dinner with 3 little extra courses in between and very good wine pairing. Service was excellent and the supervisor on-site was very friendly and made sure that everything was to our liking. Great place for a romantic evening. We dined inside for comfort but had a great view on the vineyards and sunset. We went on a Monday night so it was quiet and service was very quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular View and DiningJDNgynDined on 7/13/2014I had made a dinner reservation to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday on a Sunday night. We first went to the Wine Shop to had some Ice Wine Tasting, the person who served us was very knowledgeable and extremely friendly. Afterwards we had went for dinner, our server Brad was extremely accommodating and friendly. He acknowledged the fact that it was her birthday and made the dinner extra special with some very nice touches to our tasting menu. The view from the outdoor patio was phenomenal as you look out into the vineyards. Simply incredible. Will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice winery, pleasant restaurantMariaDined on 7/13/2014With so much competition in Niagara area in terms of wineries, lot of them are upping the ante with additional services: boutique shops, restaurants, specialty tastings. In terms of the restaurant offerings, Trius aims for higher end and it is fairly good, albeit somewhat expensive for what it delivers. The food is tasty and polished, but not special in terms of inspiration. The menu is thin in terms of main course offerings, they are clearly geared to 5-course prix-fix. That approach back-fires when people are not hungry for all 5 courses - I did not find one main course intriguing enough to order, sticking to tiny appetiser. Service was good, atmosphere is pleasant and relaxed without being loose and the patio is the amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.