Triumph Brewing Company - Princeton
138 Nassau Street
Princeton, NJ 08542Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Triumph Brewing Company - Princeton
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.triumphbrewing.com/
- Phone: 6099247855
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Daily 11:30am - 10PM Late Night Bar Menu: Monday thru Saturday 10pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Shaun Cush
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the Sales Manager for details. Sales@triumphbrew.com
- Private Party Facilities: Available for Private Parties. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Stern 6099247855x219
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday through Saturday nights.
- Special Events: Phillies, Yankees and Mets fans on all day games starting at 1PM enjoy $2.00 pints and $1.00 Foot Long Hot Dogs. Good from noon till 5PM.
A word from Triumph Brewing Company - Princeton
Triumph Brewing Company is a sophisticated restaurant & brewery featuring regional American cuisine & hand-crafted freshly brewed beer. Triumph is within easy walking distance of Palmer Square, the McCarter Theatre & Princeton University.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Triumph Brewing Company - Princeton reviews from OpenTable diners
- great home brew and the openOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/12/2013great home brew and the open table reservation system really helped us with the waiting line. Tuna dishes were also very good.Special Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/5/2013You would never know this excellent place exists. The entrance is just a door with a long hallway. Once you enter, the restaurant opens up to three stories with two bars and plenty of places to sit and eat. We were a little early and had a drink at the bar. Once seated, the waitress was prompt to come to the table. We ordered the crab dip for an appetizer and it was delicious. For dinner, we had the fish and chips, Triumph burger and a lamb dish. I must say everything was absolutely delicious and I would highly recommend each meal. My biggest complaint would be the noise level as we had a difficult time conversing. Overall though, highly recommended.Special Features:
- Main restaurant has greatLiroVIPDined on 12/29/2012Main restaurant has great ambiance- small " conference room" (that's what hostess called it) not so much.
- We got the French Dip, chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2012We got the French Dip, chicken sandwich, pork sandwich, And the mushroom burger. All were very good - beer was also good.Special Features:
- Great pub food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/26/2012We are Triumph fans and so it was the perfect choice for a family lunch after Christmas Day. We were 8 with 3 kids, and one under 10. Our waiter was an Asian gent, who seemed in a hurry. No time for social niceties, a bit abrupt. The two kids ordered from the kids pizza and a burger, so no brainers. The adults ordered calamari (excellent), Mediterranean platter (Excellent except for the tapenade), House chips (great!) and House fries. We ordered a bottle of bubbly from Cote d;Or (Incorrectly labeled Champagne ;-)) very nice and refreshing & 2 amber ales. My fish and chips was a soggy disappointment, Lamb BLT, Mussels, superb. Triumph burger, Epic burger were excellent if a bit heavy. Would we go back? Abs!Special Features:
- Went to Triumph Brewery forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012Went to Triumph Brewery for wife's birthday. It was early 5:30 pm dinner and they ran out of Coffee Beer.This is why she wanted to celebrate there. Also, I had ordered PORK sandwich and got instead Roast Beef du jois (sigh). Despite this, it was pleasant,Special Features:
- Better than your typical barEdskiDined on 12/19/2012Better than your typical bar fare, great craft brew!Special Features:
- Open area with a baloconyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/5/2012Open area with a balocony arrangement on the second floor. It was extremely noisy.Special Features:
- been goin to triumph fairlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2012been goin to triumph fairly regularly through the years .. perfect for a big group get together with great food and outstanding beers etcSpecial Features:
- Horrible service, never going back!JerzyDined on 11/10/2012Very disappointing visit, food was good but by far the worst service I ever experienced here. The waiter could not have cared less about us. My order came out wrong, took 10 minutes just to find him, then another 10 to get my food back which was still wrong, The waiter just dropped the plate and ran, did not even ask if it was ok, or apologize! Then I had to wait another 15 minutes for him to bring the check,. Glad I had exact change in cash...keep looking for your tip. I'm not going back, lots of other better restaurants in Princeton! Tusk is going to close soon because of bad service, I'll predict this one is next.Special Features:
- The service was so great,dynzoutalotVIPDined on 11/9/2012The service was so great, and the food our table ordered was either great (fish and chips, medierraneon platter, calimari) or "ennh", like the bland mushroom burger, and the hot but not that flavorful curried pulled pork tacos. Portions were the right size, salads were fresh, cocktails well made, but the real attraction is that awesome beer.Special Features:
- Interesting tasty brews; surprisingLikeFoodDined on 10/21/2012Interesting tasty brews; surprisingly good food for a brew pub. Both food and beer show imagination.Special Features:
- Don't expect any good eating hereCandyLZVIPDined on 10/21/2012If I were rating it on my meal alone, I would have given it an even lower rating. My waiter had food for three different tables- 10 people in all- the table of 6 was served first- took a few minutes- then we were served- my nachos were barely warm. He then served the 3rd table. When I noticed that he hadn't brought any salsa or sour cream for the nachos, I tried to find him- took a few minutes. By the time he brought it back, my bf had already finished his meal and mine was entirely cold. It went on and on like that. My bf meal was tasty- special for Oktoberfest. A nice combo of grilled sausages with a spicy mustard sauce. He got a side of the regular menu- roast brussel sprouts- which were the best part of the meal. Dessert was terrible
- Good food and service. ASuzeVIPDined on 10/15/2012Good food and service. A surprisingly diverse menu for a brew pub. Be prepared, though - you can't really have a conversation due to the noise level.
- The pumpkin ale was amazing.chifoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2012The pumpkin ale was amazing. The food was just mediocre. Not bad, just not as good as I had hoped.Special Features:
- accoustics 1, food & beer 10LoveFishVIPDined on 10/1/2012Food and drafts were awesome, noise prevented comfortable conversation, eat there and talk elsewhere. They take fried pickles to an art form! Not to be missed with a seasonal brew. Everything is fresh, well prepared and some original takes on traditional fare. Off hours, then conversation is possible as well.Special Features:
- Really awful service - tookOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2012Really awful service - took 20 minutes for anyone to greet us at our table and the waiter was very cold. I normally love this place...very disappointing.
- As could be guessed from theFlushingFirstTimersDined on 9/15/2012As could be guessed from the name, Triumph Brewery specializes in micro brew that vary with the season. The food ranges from bar food and burgers to hand made pasta dishes. It is very welcoming for casual diners and the age 20 to 30 set but has the quality of food that would be appreciated by everyone.Special Features:
- My overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012My overall experience was very nice. Good service,good food, good ambiance. However, the expenses of the drinks ordered were a little on the high range. It would be very appreciated if the prices of drinks were listed on the menue. Otherwise, we were pleased with the service.Special Features:
- We went straight to our table.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012We went straight to our table. Great ambience and overall experience.Special Features:
- Beer, yes ... Food, noOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012The beer is great and there's lots of people at the bar but I wouldn't recommend it as a place to eat. The copper tables made everything smell like old pennies. I know salmon can be a little "fishy" tasting but I ordered the Salmon tacos and they were extremely fishy smelling/tasting indicating that it was not very fresh. If i went back there, it would be for beer and after i had dinner somewhere elseSpecial Features:
- Depends on where you sit,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Depends on where you sit, got put in a little room off the main area...not that great in there.Special Features:
- The ambiance was fun and theAnonymousVIPDined on 8/17/2012The ambiance was fun and the setup was spacious. Most of the food we had was great; the roast pork sandwich was dry, however. Our server was a little cold but the host and the bartenders were very helpful.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012Very good drinks, fast service. Food not so special but it is more a drinks place. Decor and atmosphere GREAT feels really cool to even just stand around for a few drinks.Special Features:
- Food was good, with the exceptionsealVIPDined on 8/11/2012Food was good, with the exception of the steak I ordered. I requested rare, and meat was medium-well at best. Service was good, but table location was a drawback, as we were on aisle by top of the stairs, and had people constantly passing and brushing into our chairs/table; not a good place for a quiet/relaxing meal.Special Features:
- Excellent food for a night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2012This was very good. The food was on the mark as far as taste. There was nothing bland about it at all. You must try the cucumber bloody mary. My husband purchased the honey ale which he said was very good. He loved it so much that he purchased a jug of it. . We had the seafood broil and the Epic burger. Very good. The only reason why I didn't give it full stars is because it can be quite pricey. Otherwise we give it an A+.Special Features:
- Waste of MoneyJerseygirlDined on 8/6/2012Food was okay and service was terrible...they need better waitresses and a better chef.Special Features:
- Triumph always has great beerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2012Triumph always has great beer with nice and well prepared dishes, nice environment and good and friendly service.Special Features:
- I had the lamb BLT and itEmpressJaimieDined on 8/4/2012I had the lamb BLT and it was amazing! If you're looking for a good place to hang out, have a beer and some good food, this is for you. The only problems we had were a waitress with a MAJOR attitude problem and the noise level was so loud, we couldn't hear ourselves at times.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012The food was excellent and well plated. An fantastic menu with plenty of options for anyone. Well priced with exceptional service, even on the busy Friday night I was there.Special Features:
- This is a nice in-town spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2012This is a nice in-town spot with good drinks and a few interesting items on the menu. The atmosphere was fun. We were disappointed in the food as I had looked at the menu before booking and called to inquire about vegan dishes - they had items like vegetable spring rolls that looked good and also the person I spoke to at the restaurant indicated the chefs would alter dishes for a vegan diner. Unfortunately, the menu changed the night we were there and they no longer had the spring rolls and had very few vegan choices - also our server struggled to find something and/or offer to check with the chef. The meals were okay - rather heavy - the highlight was the heirloom tomato salad. Hope they'll add more healthy/vegan dishes.
- Great beer, food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012Terrific brewery and very good food. Interesting building and a place we would be sure to go back to when in the area.Special Features:
- The food here wasn't thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2012The food here wasn't that great for how expensive it was, but the beer is great. They have a sampler so you can try everything that's on tap.Special Features:
- The "good" for food reflecstOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2012The "good" for food reflecst awesome selection of beer and sampler of same. Would the food had the same attention to quality.Special Features:
- The beer made in this brewNJdinerDined on 6/23/2012The beer made in this brew pub is very good. The food good, but a little off-beat (e.g. pork belly instead of bacon). We enjoy dining at Triumph, but wish they had more traditional entries on their menu along with the eclectic.Special Features:
- Nice, fun place and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012Nice, fun place and the food was good. Had never been there before but seems like a lively restaurant. It's a large almost cavernous restaurant with a center atrium where you can see the upper levels and the beer vats - pretty cool. The only negative was on the day we had our reservation there was a charity event on the first floor and what seemed to be a large party on one of the upper levels and it was noisy.Special Features:
- best beer and beer selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2012best beer and beer selection in the area - also, great burgers. Don't know much about the rest of the menu as that is what I usually order.Special Features:
- their beer selection is secondOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2012their beer selection is second to none, food is great. extremely loud, don't expect a good conversation with your group. service was so so drink was empty on many occasions. which isn't what I look for at a brew pub.Special Features:
- Great ever changing menu filledOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Great ever changing menu filled with all sorts of interesting choices! I never had a bad meal or beer there!! One of our favorites!Special Features:
- Ok, but probably not againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2012The initial impression walking down the hall to the bar/dining area requires maintenance. While I enjoy the casual atmosphere that a beer pub provides, this was a bit too casual for the price. I probably will not return however, all in the party reported that the food was good and cooked according to order. The brie grilled chees was interesing. Service was poor and we sat for at least 15 minutes between server visits. Server was definitely overwhelmed.