Triumph Brewing Company - Philadelphia
117 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Triumph Brewing Company - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.triumphbrewing.com/philadelphia
- Phone: 2156250855x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Restaurant:
$3 Beers Open-Close
- Payment Options: Cash Only
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Bryan Kenny
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Triumph Brewing Company - Philadelphia
Triumph Brewing Company is a sophisticated restaurant & brewery featuring regional American cuisine & hand-crafted freshly brewed beer. Triumph is located in the heart of Old City, adjacent to Philadelphia's most historic square mile featuring Independence Hall, Betsy Ross House, the Liberty Bell, the First Post Office & Bank of the United States, Elfreth's Alley, Christ Church & many more. Triumph Brewing Company hosts parties of all sizes- from 12-300 guests. Our upstairs space overlooks the brewery and is the perfect spot to host both corporate and social events. Beer tastings & tours can be combined with any of our menus. Triumph also has a projector and screen available to use upon request. Email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about discounted parking and other offers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Triumph Brewing Company - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good food and great beer.craftyDined on 2/15/2014Good food and great beer. Server was just avg. Bartenders were goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, service spotty!funkyjudgeDined on 2/5/2014My wife and I needed a place to have dinner because of a power outage that has left us with no heat or electricity for nearly four days. We decided on Triumph Brewing Co. because it was within reasonable walking distance of our hotel (a little less than a mile), and I had prior experience with Triumph Brewing Co. at a different location (New Hope, PA). Our food was good, particularly the chicken-lentil soup and mussels. Service was very good until it came time for dessert, which took more than 20 minutes to arrive! Our coffee and tea were long gone by the time dessert arrived (it was nothing special, just apple crisp with vanilla ice cream). Overall, good food and beer, but the service started good, ended poorly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Arden LunchgioiasDined on 2/2/20145 of us had lunch here on a Sunday before our Arden show. Food was great. $3 Beer and $5 Bloody Marys also great! Service good - we asked to move to a quieter section of the restaurant so we could talk - no problem.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere!AJeffDined on 1/24/2014I absolutely loved this place! Great atmosphere, sophisticated but fun. Their beers are delicious, craft beers, fair price. The sampler was a great deal for the amount of beer and the price. Some of the small plated were a little too small for the price, but the salad wasn't drenched in dressing and you could tell the veggies and cheese were really fresh. Dinner was delicious! Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013Friends of mine have visited other Triumph locations, I traveled down to the Philly location with my boyfriend from northern Jersey. The food was great and so was the beer! Our server was friendly and helpful when asked about suggesting food items. We had a great time and look forward to returning and visiting the other locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable food / Good beerDDMBDined on 12/20/2013This is an affordable place to hit up before going out on the town. Good food and beer, and good service. The place gets loud, but it has a good energetic vibe. Make reservations because it does get busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013my friends and I went there for a lunch during happy hour and ended up going back there again at night because we loved it so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceLovefishVIPDined on 12/6/2013We had someplace to be, and our waiter made sure everything stayed on schedule. Found a new favorite spot.Special Features:
- Craft Brewery meets FoodieErinDined on 11/23/2013-My friends and I had dinner here before meeting other friends later in the evening. The best deal is their flight of beers. 9 beer samples for $12. -As far as the menu, I think it's fit for foodies. Because it's a brewery I expected some basic choices, but was surprised. I don't have much of a diverse palette, so I would have appreciated some simpler choices, but everyone else in my party thought the choices were great. They did offer a classic burger though. -We had the BBQ chicken nachos as an appetizer, which were to die for. -For dinner I chose the grilled romaine (which I've had elsewhere and enjoy) salad. They take a heart of romaine and grill it. Sounds strange, but has great flavor. -Overall I'd recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable night outysuccessDined on 11/16/2013Triumph was a good place to eat and would recommend. To note: Vegetarian options are quite limited. In fact, I (a veggie) had one main entree option to choose from (Spinach pizza). The waiter told me the veggie risotto was terrible and they took it off the menu. The pizza was good, crust was a little dark but still fresh and tasty. Others in our party ordered the scallops appetizer that they said was terrific, the fish and chips, the fish tacos that they said were good and a hamburger that my husband rated as good. We did not have dessert. NOTE: They only take CASH (or at least when we were there) AND the ATM they had in house was out of order that night so people were having to leave their tables and walk a block to Citizens Bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch the PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2013Our Pizza came to the table and it looked delicious..... when we started to eat it, it was burned on the bottom, I did not feel like waiting another 1/2 hour for another so I did not bother to send it back! The salad was great.
- Good for groupsHello123Dined on 10/16/2013Good spot for groups and bros, great beer. Food is par.Special Features:
- Great restaurant! Love theBrewpubloverDined on 10/11/2013Great restaurant! Love the rustic decor! Octoberfest beef stew was amazing! Nice selection of beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pumpkin Ales, YUM!kma5066Dined on 10/5/2013A friend and I visited Triumph Brewery on a recommendation and throughly enjoyed it. We each ordered a pumpkin ale because it's fall & pumpkin flavors are delicious! The beer did not disappoint. The appetizer we split was the avocado fries, they were fantastic! The breading was crispy followed by the creamy avocado and it paired nicely with the cilantro dip they served with it. For our large plates, I ordered the Triumph Burger and my friend ordered the lamb sliders. The burger was huge albeit delicious! I could not finish the whole burger which I was rather sad about because it was so good. I tasted the lamb sliders too and they were excellent as well. Overall we had a really nice time at Triumph and will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Sunday brunchcuffthisVIPDined on 9/15/2013This was my first visit to Triumph Brewing and it was very enjoyable. My date and I sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Our brunch food was well seasoned and served in ample portions. The service was good and the $3 draft beer special was the ideal way to sample different house made beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good beer, reasonable pricesSc2philDined on 9/4/2013Go for Happy Hour! Food was good but a bit too garlicky. Nice outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brewery FunThisguyDined on 8/22/2013The sampler was awesome because I could try a small portion of each beer to see what I wanted to order. Our server wasn't the best but didn't keep us waiting too long. Just seemed like he couldn't engage with us at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timesoulmanDined on 8/21/2013Nice array of their own beers, with a knowledgable server.Great basic bar food (wings, calamari, spring rolls) shared as apps. Everyone happy with their main dish. Would go back. Bar area noisy but were seated in a quieter room toward the back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Favorites in PhillyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013I love this place. I hope it stays open. Interesting beers in a great setting. Food is always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Girl's Night Out!KCMcDined on 7/27/2013Had a great dinner on Saturday night. The food was amazing and the flights of beer were a hit! Best of all, the price was really reasonable and the service was top notch! We will definitely make this a regular spot.Special Features:
- Great experience!VAtoPhillyDined on 6/30/2013Loved the friendly environment, great ambience and even better good and delicious beer!! Loved it and will come back during my next trip to Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot.sindleroDined on 6/18/2013We met to celebrate and upcoming high school graduation. Three adults and one grad. Excellent brew, nicely done sandwiches with fresh ingredients and good table service. Nice to make online reservation ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/14/2013Got the burger, it was unreal. Our server was beyond attentive. She was very professional. Thanks triumph, we'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, fine service,MikeDined on 6/11/2013Excellent food, fine service, pleasant outdoor dining - what's not to like?Special Features:
- Way too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2013We got there early for our reservation, so it took a couple of minutes to get our table. That was fine, though the hostess didn't communicate to us at all what was going on as she figured out where to put us. I love their beer, and the food is good--that place was deafening on a Friday night. The acoustics make all of the sound bounce around, it was crowded with people all straining to make themselves heard to their companions, and there was live music on top of it. We tried to shout across the table to each other, but just gave up and left after our appetizers. So be prepared--it's a great place for food and beer, but if you want to have a conversation, do that somewhere different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your timeMainLineMikeVIPDined on 5/26/2013Returned to Triumph because of a great experience a couple years ago. Unfortunately, they really scaled back the menu. While the food was mostly well prepared, it was pretty standard bar food. Service was virtually non-existent. On top of all this, they have what they're calling live entertainment: 2 guys. One on drums; the other on a laptop. It was whiny & annoying, and so loud we couldn't carry on a conversation.
- great food!MegstageDined on 5/23/2013had a wonderful dinner here with friends, everyone enjoyed their dishes and their beers. we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time Had By AllkjoyDined on 5/11/2013I came here with a group of friends who are somewhat picky eaters- everyone was able to find something that they liked, and the beer selection is always wonderful!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2013Took our whole family. Wasn't sure our kids would find anything they'd like - they loved it. Great crab dip, fries, macs and cheese. Great menu, unique dishes, all around excellent. Great service. Beer was terrific as well. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dinner!Cera23Dined on 5/4/2013Triumph is a great place to go with either a large group or a small group. Very accommodating and has an amazing wait staff! Definitely recommend hitting Triumph up if you're in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very fairly pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2013The food was very fairly priced and it comes in large portions. I would skip the appetizer next time. Our waitress was very friendly but she didn't check on us very often, which I understand since there were a lot of people in the restaurant. The noise got to be a bit too loud when the band started playing, which got in the way of the conversation I was trying to have with my girl. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Triumph is one of our favortesPaCNDined on 3/30/2013Triumph is one of our favortes in Philadelphia. The food this time was great except for some undercooked fish fry. We always sit in the back section because it is quieter then the bar area. Unfortunately we had a large noisey uncourteous group next to us. The waitress even apologized for them even though it was not her fault. After they left we were able to converse without yelling. Triumph is still in our top fiver places to eat
- Food was excellent, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Food was excellent, service was decent, and it was quite loud. Overall a definitely great experience.Special Features:
- The restaurant was noisy,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013The restaurant was noisy, but the food was surprisingly delicious!Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013This was our first visit to the resturant. My husband really liked the location, atmosphere, & the apps were amazing!!! We had a great time & would definitely come again. The beer was tasty as well.Special Features:
- Very creative menu. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013Very creative menu. They turned on the music (DJ by computer) very loudly during dinner (7:30pm). I thought it was too loud for that hour while people are trying to have a meal and talk. I don't mind music being on, but it was extremely loud and I could only talk to the person next to me.Special Features:
- There was a great band playing,MegstageDined on 3/7/2013There was a great band playing, the drinks were half off and the food was delicious! Very cool space too.Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013It's been a few years since I've visited Triumph, but nothing has changed- still delicious! I tried the chicken sandwich topped w. arugula, sliced pear, & a white pear sauce. Unbelievably tasty! The beer sampler is a must. I will definitely be back very soon.Special Features:
- Good food and good service.EatsbyCMSDined on 3/2/2013Good food and good service. Not a fancy choice. Good for basic eaters.Special Features:
- I had their Cuban sandwich,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013I had their Cuban sandwich, of which I'm kind of a connoisseur. This one is in my top 3. The wings were also great.Special Features: