Triton Seafood Restaurant
3911 W. Lincoln Hwy
Downingtown, PA 19335Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Triton Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.triton-seafood.com/
- Phone: 610-873-3474x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch/Lunch & Dinner:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Comfort Food, Southern
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Triton Seafood Restaurant
Calabash style seafood originated in the small town of Calabash North Carolina. This "seafood capital" is located on the banks of an inland waterway in eastern North Carolina, just twenty miles north of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This style of seafood became famous because of both the seasoning and preparation. The freshest of seafood is lightly breaded and fried to perfetion. At Triton you will be able to enjoy either "original" or "salt and pepper" calabash recipes. Sprinkled in with the Calabash style of cooking will be a smidgen of soul food, a pinch of Cajun and a dash of Creole. At Trition, we have one main priorty, serving seafood that is fresh and prepared without compromising the taste or quality of the food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Triton Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Catfish and collardsfoodie1VIPDined on 7/18/2014Loved the catfish and collards! Service was friendly and excellent. Lots of food for very little money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Triton Seafood RestaurantLivingSocialUsersDined on 5/25/2014This little restaurant is short on decor, but don't let that fool you! The prices are good, the services is good, and the food is great! There is no other restaurant with this style of seafood in the area--so if you like Calabash style seafood, go for it!Special Features:
- Go for the Seafood!TableHunterVIPDined on 5/10/2014All of the reviews that I read were spot on. No atmosphere but the food made up for that short-coming. A great place to go for a casual meal and also share a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Informal Seafood RestaurantfoodieVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food was great, except for the green beans (way over cooked). Excellent crab cakes and hush puppies. Plastic utensils.Special Features:
- Casual SeafoodFamily3Dined on 4/18/2014Looking for a casual seafood place for Good Friday, TripAdvisor and OpenTable pointed me here for the first time. Great find, would not have found it without the websites. Will definitely go back. My wife enjoyed the flounder, and I really enjoyed the clam strips done in the "salt & pepper" style. The hush puppies they serve as an appetizer are addictive.Special Features:
- Fresh Fishfoodie1VIPDined on 3/21/2014Triton serves very fresh fish at very moderate prices. The catfish is delicious; the collards too.Special Features:
- Excellent catfish!foodie1VIPDined on 12/27/2013Although you can eat in, Triton is probably best for just lunch or takeout. The lights are bright and the music is loud BUT the catfish is very good. We will return for catfish and Po Boys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual atmosphere, delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/29/2013If you're in the mood for delicious fried seafood, this is a budget-friendly hit. The service was impeccable. Food was delicious - we tried the calamari and fried shrimp, both were seasoned very well. Portions were quite large, especially for the price. Restaurant has a casual industrial vibe and great for a quick bite to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit of the Carolina ShoreOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/9/2013Do NOT be put off by the harsh lighting and industrial cafeteria furniture. Once you settle in for some fine southern fried seafood, this will all become part of the experience. The owner and his cousin provide service that goes way beyond friendly and would better be called neighborly. The calamari were the big guys with lots of crispy tentacles. The fried shrimp were PERFECT - outstanding...and I drive many miles for proper fried shrimp. The catfish was also correctly cut and perfectly fried. The only problem with the hush puppies was that they were gone - quickly. It is still early. Wrinkles are being ironed out. A huge serving of bread pudding had all the right stuff, but should have been removed from the oven sooner - too dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.