Tristan - Charleston
10 Linguard Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tristan - Charleston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tristandining.com/
- Phone: 8435342155
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:30pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:30pm-11:00pm; Lounge: 5:30pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nate Whiting
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Executive Chef, Nate Whiting, has a passion for food which is evident in everything he puts his hand to. Tristan is a AAA, Four Diamond Restaurant- combined with a professional and attentive waitstaff- these exceptional attributes continue into Tristan's catered events.We have on-site private rooms and provide Off-Site Catering as well.We are a preferred caterer at The South Carolina Aquarium and we are unique to the SC Aquarium catering scene as being the only upscale, fine dining caterer. Please contact our Catering Manager Rachael Rose @ email@example.com for more info.
- Private Party Facilities: Delight your guests with simple pleasures, a modern setting, and unexpected surprises. A business luncheon, a wedding reception, a milestone anniversary; Whatever the occasion may be, we will make it unique and unforgettable.
- Private Party Contact: Rachael Rose 8435342155
- Special Events: Visit us at www.tristandining.com, on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook to stay up to date on what is going on at Tristan
A word from Tristan - Charleston
Located in the heart of historic Charleston, Tristan is a place where the ingredients are simple and the cuisine will take your taste buds for an unexpected ride. Executive Chef Nate Whiting presents diners with inspired twists on traditional ingredients – something that The Post & Courier calls “[Making] the simple, sublime.” A Mobile AAA Four Diamond Restaurant, Tristan has over 400 labels in our extensive wine cellar. From special occasions to simple celebrations, Tristan invites you to come and experience fine dining at its very best.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tristan - Charleston reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sorry to see it go…..HappywifeDined on 4/12/2014Enjoyed one final evening at Tristan before it closes. It has always been one of my favorites and i hate to see it close. Will surely miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2014Expensive for what we had for a five course meal. Probably will not return when in Charleston. Just okay.
- AMAZING!!!FlowerSC13VIPDined on 4/9/2014This is one of our regular haunts, and we'll be so sad when it closes. Alas- the rent is high and with construction activity in the vicinity, they could only do so much. We're looking forward to Chef Nate's next endeavor in the fall. The morsels we've enjoyed are things that dreams are made of! Farewell, we'll miss you all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going, going, gone....SnowAngelsVIPDined on 4/8/2014Saturday will be the last day for this eatery. The chef and company are opening a new place on King Street in the fall. Was dynamite presentation and food. Very much on the high brow side of dining and everything was prepared perfectly. Sorry to see this one go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!!SarahDined on 4/8/2014Every experience at Tristan's has been exceptional. I am always excited to see what Nate and his team are going to do next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Menu ChoicesParksideDined on 4/5/2014The menu and wine pairing course opportunities proved to be an interesting and satisfying variation from other restaurant menus. An enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MotherMoonDined on 4/4/2014Terrific food and beautiful presentation. In a city filled with great restaurants this one is a gem.Special Features:
- Best dinner in CharlestonAmesterDined on 3/31/2014We had one of our best dinners ever at Tristan recently on a visit to Charleston. It's a small plates restaurant, and you choose the number of courses you'd like. My husband doesn't eat red meat, but there were plenty of options for both of us, and each course was better than the next. His favorite course was the mushroom ravioli, and mine was the braised short rib. The dessert was outstanding, a chocolate cornbread brownie with chocolate sauce and hazlenuts. We would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a romantic dinner, who loves gourmet food and a fine dining experience at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant & Deliciousnightout2old2newDined on 3/26/2014We enjoyed having the experience of 4 Courses with Wine pairing. We found our meals to look beautiful with many delicious flavors. The ingredients used were tremendous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first experience withblanca1Dined on 3/25/2014Our first experience with a tasting and wine-pairing menu. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented and the service was impeccable (the waiter explained all the choices and answered all questions graciously). Not many people were dining the evening we went so the noise level was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outSteveVIPDined on 3/22/2014First time here and we will be back! Great meal, waiter and cocktails on top of a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/21/2014Only complaint was our table was right on top of the one next to us. Otherwise, great food and service.Special Features:
- Disappearing GemFrequentDinerVIPDined on 3/19/2014This is one of the consistently best restaurants in Charleston but missed by so many. Everything about it is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous! We are already hugeOzzieVIPDined on 3/15/2014Fabulous! We are already huge fans but this may have been the best meal yet!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingmyersDined on 3/15/2014I had the most unique and amazing experience at Tristans. It was my daughter's birthday and the staff did an amazing job, from the valet to the wonderful waitresses/waitors, it was an experience worth every penny. I would highly recommend the chef's tasting as it was incredible.Special Features:
- Competence Creativity and QualityTechfoodieDined on 3/14/2014Really like their new menu. Scallops and duck breast were excellent. Salmon over cooked to my taste (They should ask beforehand). Wine pairings well chosen. Could have been a tad more generous in the quantity of wine served. Desserts extremely creative and tasty but quite small portions. Focaccia the best I have ever tasted. Just melted in your mouth. Servers very well informed on ingredients and method of preparation. ImpressiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb new menu! Truly haute cuisneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2014The new menu and format was outstanding! The innovative and eye-appealing presentation matched the unique and delicious food. Lots of courses to choose from, and you don't feel overstuffed at the end of the meal. Very satisfying. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. It's a shame the restaurant is closing soon, but hoping the chef brings the new menu to the new restaurant on King Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous!badpennyDined on 3/13/2014We love Tristan in Charleston and have been there many times, in groups and as a couple, at lunch and at dinner, including 2 times for Thanksgiving! Never has the food been anything but perfection, even turkey and mashed potatoes is elevated to a gourmet repast. Last night we had a 4 course dinner with wine pairing and it was spectacular! The service here is always friendly, attentive and extremely professional and knowledgeable. You'd think I'm the owner with all these kudos but I don't even know who owns it. Make sure you bring a sense of adventure and your wallet...you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, Worth It For SpecialVisitorFromNorthernVADined on 3/11/2014We went with the tasting menu. While it was on the pricey side ($250 including tip) it was definitely worth it if you are looking for a memorable evening. I learned more about how wine taste in combination with a food than I have before. My wife, who normally does not drink wine with dinner, loved the experience. More important for us, the menu is gluten free friendly as my wife can not consume gluten. In fact, our waitress, Melissa, pointed us in the direction of a great gluten free deli, Brown Dog, while chatting with us. I would definitely recommend Tristan if you are looking for a special evening. We were staying at the French Quarter Inn which shares the building with Tristan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Dining ExperienceScottDined on 3/5/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Charleston, and we hope they don't change much when they move to Upper King Street. We did the 4 and 5 Course Tasting Menus with the wine pairings. As always, Nate Whiting outdid himself - every morsel was delicious. We savored every single bite. Lauren, our server, was so professional and knowledgeable. The courses were perfectly timed and all of the staff was efficient and helpful. This is a top notch restaurant that never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good Charleston dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2014Charleston never disappoints with fine service and great food. Tristan was no exception. The price ended up being higher than planned. Otherwise a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Culinary GemIntrepidVIPDined on 3/5/2014Tristan is a delightfully different dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tristan is a Winner!JobyDined on 2/27/2014After meal, could not believe this place was only half full after eating at S.N.O.B the night before and it was packed. Tristan was so much better. My only thought has to be location. Tristan is a bit hidden in bottom of a hotel. Menu is also a bit different which might turn off some people. But for me this place is a winner!!
- simple. bland. ExpectedDavidi919Dined on 2/25/2014The food was nothing special, the drinks were terrible, and the staff seemed inexperienced and unorganized.Special Features:
- Creative food, nifty wine pairingsMyFoodieSideVIPDined on 2/21/2014This was a real find. It's a classy place, modern with a retro feel. They have a tasting menu approach, in which you can choose 4, 5, 6, or 7 small courses for a set price. 4 was plenty for me. My spouse was more ambitious with 6, but will stick with 4-5 next time. The courses are creative and beautifully prepared. A nice surprise was the option to have a recommended 2-oz wine pairing with each course. For my 4 courses, this was $15 , very reasonable and a lot of fun. We will visit Tristan again ( although I think they are moving location.)Special Features:
- special foodddd1Dined on 2/17/2014We went for our anniversary. We were seated at a semi-round banquette table. Had 4 course dinner and were quite satisfied with the amount of food. Every dish was flavor packed and beautifully presented. The staff were knowledgeable and attentive. Liked the wine parings with the food and thought they were reasonably priced. There was a nice ambiance to the restaurant. Will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the five course tastingTravelingmanDined on 2/14/2014We had the five course tasting menu for Saint Valentines day and the food was fantastic. The only negative is we had to wait over 30 minutes past our 7 PM reservation before being seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch, but have all agree...CraigVIPDined on 2/8/2014We enjoy a meal every other Saturday night in Charleston and Tristan ranks at the very top. The interior would remind you of L.A., the service was fantastic and attentive (at least three different waitstaff were attending our table), the food is too delicious to be described and they took pains to accommodate special requests (holding onions, etc.). They work on the "tasting menu" concept, however, which is fine, and it was explained fully. However, when I ordered three mini entries and my Wife only the one (which was accordingly, larger), it left her with an empty plate while my latter courses were served. It works better if ALL in your party either do large entree or the tasting option. As Arnold used to say: "we'll be back!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confusing but fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/7/2014Seems contradictory-our second visit to Tristan, the first being a year ago when we were last in Charleston, SC. At our first visit, the printed menu was traditional with entree's and accompanying items listed. This visit, the printed menu had changed to "courses" and was priced according to the number of "courses" a person wished to try. Each course was appetizer sized with accompanying, recommended dishes. It took each server about 10 minutes time explain the concept. For a full entree', one ordered a double single course. The food was awesome: Scottish Salmon was fantastic. BUT the confusing menu, with no pricing, was disquieting. Servers are trained, courteous, attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastings at Tristan1njgalVIPDined on 2/4/2014This lovely restaurant is located in The French Quarter hotel. It is spacious and sleek contemporary in style. We had a banquette which made for cozy dining. We ordered the three course tasting menu not sure if the food would be plentiful enough...to our surprise we thoroughly enjoyed the culinary portions which were prepared beautifully and were delicious. Each course was a culinary delight...one more wonderful than the next. If you have any allergies it would be a good idea to mention in advance since each course has extremely extended ingredients . I would recommend you enjoy this dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CritiqueOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/18/2014Valet parking a real plus. Somewhat pricey! Food and wine good. Service exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingjaytVIPDined on 1/17/2014This was a great treat. Having spent most of the last two years in food heaven (San Francisco) this was a great very enjoyable and compares very favorably to good SF restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice surpriselocalDined on 1/17/2014I had not eaten at Tristin for YEARS, and was so pleasantly surprised when I met three girlfriends there for dinner. The food was superb and the wine list even by the glass, had a large variety of European and South American wine. The atmosphere was quiet in that you could hear your own party perfectly. I know it's the trend for many restaurants to have hard surfaces in order to increase the vibe, but even in my mid-forties I find this annoying. I was able to enjoy our conversation and laughter perfectly, yet didn't feel as though we disturbing anyone because of the nice acoustics in there. I will NOT wait another decade before returning, I'll be back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss dining hereFrequentDinerVIPDined on 1/15/2014It seems to be missed by so many but offers more than almost any place else in Charleston. The food is beautiful to see, great to taste, interesting and so delightfully not the routine standards. The service is amazing; it is attentive but not bothersome. The room is bright and beautiful but not stark. Did I say the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect eveningScottDined on 1/14/2014We had the Restaurant Week Chef's Tasting Menu and it was spectacular. Tristan never fails to impress us. From the first course to the fourth, we enjoyed every single bite. Chef Whiting has an incredible gift of combining the most unusual ingredients and producing a stellar dishl. The suggested wine pairings went perfectly with each course. The staff, as always, was both efficient and knowledgeable. Charleston has many restaurants but few reach the calibre of Tristan. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie experienceBrooklynVIPDined on 1/11/2014First time in Charleston and the food was fabulous and great people too. At Tristan we decided to try the seven course food tasting and it was an experience to remember. Some dishes were exquisite some not so much. So glad we did it though.Special Features:
- restaurant weekonalarkVIPDined on 1/11/2014met a group. greeted by staff quickly. good table. good menu explanation. food presentation is a strong point. service was excellent. very dynamic presentation and taste was worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing placeSkinnymanjoeDined on 1/11/2014This restaurant is right up there with the highest caliber restaurants in Charleston. I didn't know it was so posh. One of those places where they place your napkin in your lap and if you leave the table, you come back to your napkin refolded and awaiting you. Loved everything about the placeSpecial Features:
- Fine Dining For Sure!LCMODined on 1/10/2014Tristan was exquisite! The food, the service, the drinks...everything! While it is a place that may hit you a little hard in the wallet (which is why I waited for Restaurant Week), you certainly get what you pay for (and more). I must say, the smokey bacon & oyster stey & duck were my absolute favs. Can't wait to go back next Restaurant Week!Special Features:
- Great,,, impeccable service...outstOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/10/2014Great,,, impeccable service...outstanding food with brilliant presentations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.