1155 Folsom Street
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.triptychsf.com/
- Phone: 4157030557x
- Hours of Operation:
WEEKEND BRUNCH: Saturday & Sunday and Holidays: 9:00am - 3:30pm
Weekday Brunch: Monday-Friday 11:30am-2:30pm.
DINNER: Sunday: 5:00pm-9:30pm
DINNER: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
DINNER: Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Filipe Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Triptych can cater private and corporate parties of 20 or more. We specialize photo shoot crew catering whether in studio or on location. We also cater any special events, large and small. We can do catering outside San Francisco throughout the Bay Area for an additional delivery charge. Triptych Restaurant is available for private events or parties of 30-60 people as a "buy-out".
- Private Party Facilities: Triptych is available for private parties of 30 or more. These are referred to as a "buy-out". Special conditions apply. Please contact the restaurant for additional information.
- Private Party Contact: David Kittredge 4157030557x
- Entertainment: At any given time, two or more artists are featured at Triptych. Patio open for brunch on weekends, and on some evenings and weekdays(depending on weather).
- Special Events: Triptych would love to host SOMA neighborhood organization and arts event. We believe in community and value the opportunity to be a part of SoMA growth and diversity.
- Cross Street: 8th Street
- Public Transit: Civic Center Station hub at 8th & Market Street with underground station for B.A.R.T. and for SF MUNI. Easy Taxi service along Folsom Street, especially on weekends. Located on the Muni Bus #12 Folsom Street line and 1/2 block from the Muni Bus #19 Polk Street Line.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Plenty of street parking on Folsom most of the time. There are sometimes two spaces at the end of Hallam (right turn right after Triptych).
A word from Triptych
Triptych's South of Market location embraces the industrial with the arts culture of the neighborhood. The cuisine reflects the diverse palates of its patrons and is complimented by a unique wine list from around the world. Local artists' works are displayed. Triptych is an oasis of cuisine, culture, and ambiance. Garden is available for Brunch and in warm weather.Continued
See Triptych's video at http://www.jippidy.com/Triptych
See Triptych's video at http://www.jippidy.com/Triptych
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Triptych - Best Restaurants in SOMA ›
Triptych reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (25)great for brunch (24)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (18)great for lunch (12)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (8)romantic (8)notable wine list (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Fantastic brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/18/2014Met friends for brunch here with our dog, the back patio is amazing. The food was fantastic, the service extraordinary. Can't believe we haven't been here sooner. It is now on our official restaurant rotation, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great GardenDiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 10/12/2014once again - with three of us dining for brunch - everyone raved about the food. and the garden patio is a delight. the service is sitll good - but not as attentive today as on previous visits.Special Features:
- Great discoveryLiv4foodDined on 10/1/2014For me this was a great discovery. My final judgment is by asking myself if I would go back again. I would!! The people were nice, the food was very good, the service was good. Their beer list is great too. Of special note: the grilled octopus salad -- Yummm! the mushroom ravioli appetizer -- Mmmmmm! The Paella - great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bait and switch into a parking lotediblesDined on 9/21/2014Went here for Folsom Street Fair Sunday with friends. Made a reservation for 6 through OpenTable which the restaurant apparently didn't mean to leave open. They called to confirm my reservation and I had to up our number to 8 which I was told you can't have anymore than that because we won't be able to sit you. Okay, that's strict but fine I thought and had to turn some friends away from our brunch. We get there and they said our table was on the back patio. Oooh nice, except it was past the patio and in a parking lot next to what looked like the truck from Kill Bill. As if that wants enough they changed their menu to be cash only, no bottomless, and more expensive than normal but didn't mention it at all before. Won't be returning here.
- cold foodjkathrynDined on 9/14/2014We had Sunday Brunch, and found the food ok but not warm. Cold pancetta and very cold potatoes. Coffee took a long time to come and had to ask for cream and sweetener and a refill.Special Features:
- Credit Card issuesPaulVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food and drink are good. But, no longer accepting Visa and Mastercard?!!? Having to pay cash (and trying to perform math in your head to be sure you are not overspending the amount of cash you have on hand is stressful and takes the fun out of going to dinner). Not acceptable for a $200 dinner tab... We'll return when we can use plastic...Special Features:
- Convenient and tasty.AurosDined on 9/4/2014This is one of our usual places for dinner if we're coming to some event in SoMa. The food is always good -- with tomatoes in season, they had a particularly nice caprese salad available. We also had particularly good glasses of wine, this time -- an Orange Muscat and a Riesling.Special Features:
- Romance yes, large parties noPicardyThirdReviewsDined on 8/26/2014The best part of this restaurant was the food quality and the wine list. It is quiet (I wouldn't bring kids). Where it is NOT good is large groups. Our party was 6 people. None of the appetizers scaled to that. For example, the chicken drumsticks came with 4 drumsticks. Then they ran out of chicken. Poor planning on their part, as we were the first dinner party of the night. This is much better suited to a romantic party of 2, not a group of hungry guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SapphireDined on 8/24/2014Excellent food, service and experience. Garden has limited seating but great spot for weekend brunch. Cannot go wrong with benedicts and mimosa. Servers were helpful to get meal recommendations. A place to meet new people and make new friends. Do not leave without checking out the bathroom. Will travel across the bridge for another weekend brunch with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, solid, will dine again.MissMeenaDined on 8/24/2014I went for birthday brunch with my friends, and we had such an awesome time. The owner brought out complimentary sparkling wine and a beignet with a candle. Everyone was super nice. The food was good. Whatever the seasoning was on the roasted potatoes is amazeballs ;-) We sat on the patio/garden, it was so cute and quaint. Perfect for Sunday brunch. And definitely try the carrot orange mimosa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and Funhungryg1rlVIPDined on 8/23/2014I recently had dinner at Triptych with 4 friends. Really laid-back vibe, with a solid beer menu and an eclectic menu with options from all over the world. Decent vegetarian and vegan options, as well. The best part of the restaurant was the service -- the waiters were humorous and fun, and they made meaningful, honest suggestions on both food and drink. The vibe is artsy and casual, and it was a really fun place to go out with friends!Special Features:
- First TimePaulDined on 8/21/2014The food was terrific and our waiter was helpful but not over the top. This was my first, but not my last trip to TryptychSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the PaellaeatswellDined on 8/15/2014We had the paella for 2 and thought it was great. The Sangria with fresh fruit was a fine accompaniment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and ok food.AlwaysHungryDined on 8/9/2014Our party of 5 ate here to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were seated promptly at our reservation time, but that was the one of the few highlights of the meal. Three other parties were seated after us (one was also a party of 5). The waiter took our order, brought our drinks and we didn't see him the rest of the meal. Almost an hour later, one of the parties seated after us already finished their meal and left. The other two parties were happily eating their meals, while we were all hungry and disappointed that our waiter didn't even come by to give an update. We finally flagged down another waiter and our food came out shortly after. Some dishes were cold by then, but we didn't want to wait longer.
- I love TRIPTYCH!renodeanVIPDined on 8/5/2014I eat here at least once every time I go to San Francisco. Love the food, great service and it's a funky little place. Make sure you check out the bathroom!!! Best dishes include the Pork Osso Bucco and the Walu Butterfish. Great desserts too!!!Special Features:
- Terrible Servicepeew1989Dined on 7/27/2014I honestly can't say much about the food because I didn't stay long enough to actually taste it. The service was awful. My friend and I waited at the door with no greeting--just awkward or rude glances from the staff. We stood for probably five minutes with nothing spoken to us, even though we were clearly waiting. Our "reservation" also seemed to do nothing, because we were also asked to wait for two other parties to finish, even 15 minutes after our reservation. Will never return.
- I love TriptychMulcaheyVIPDined on 7/27/2014I like the vibe, the staff, the owner, the food. My favorite south of Market place to have a meal with friends.Special Features:
- ..another great lunch experience...DiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 7/22/2014...i should have known better than to come here with a friend with whom i've dined here before - she was so enamoured of the beignets (which are more like popovers than a heavy beignet) - that we had them as an appetizer. Then we both had the Southwestern Burger - she rare, me medium rare - with sweet potato fries - the burgers were exquisite and among the best we've ever had; the sweet potato fries were good, but shaped as if they came from a food supplier. Then my friend wanted beignets for dessert and she just ate one of the three - I wound up eating the two remaining. Lunch on the patio with plants all around was wonderful as usual - but I shouldn't have eaten that second order of beignets (they're irrestible though).Special Features:
- Trippy TriptychPrincessVIPDined on 7/20/2014We(a party of 6) all loved Triptych. Our waiter Nolan had a fabulous personality and and made us feel so welcome. The ambiance is very funky with oldies music playing in the background. There are wonderful paintings on the walls and windows, by a local artist and also by Nolan. The dinners were delicious and innovative, as well as the desserts. Three of our party had the fried chicken and loved it. I had the signature pork shank, which was done to perfection and delicious. Two had fish and were in heaven. The house wines were wonderful and Nolan gave a full pour. Overall it was a delightful evening and eating experience at very reasonable prices. We'll be back often.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was OK. Too many choices. Everything missed the mark a little.
- another awesome dining experienceDiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 7/17/2014...another brunch and another two new friends i took as guests to dine here. it was a thursday brunch - and one would expect it to be a bit slower, but it seemed as crowded as on the weekends, so the food took longer than usual on a weekday to come. But again, the service is welcoming and outstanding, the food is exquisite - and the beignets are to die for (and if i keep eating them, it might just happen - it takes a lot of self-control to stop eating the awesome popover-style beignets with strawberry cream. Again, omelettes, burgers and eggs benedict were awesome and they have a great selection of wines-by-the-glass.Special Features:
- excellentgaryDined on 6/27/2014Service was excellent prompt and friendly and very ciurteous. The food was very goob. The begniets were outstanding. We can't wait t((o return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good, another friend wowed!DiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 6/27/2014Today I took another friend to Triptych for a birthday brunch - and we sat outside in the patio in the back, welcoming greenery, quiet, wonderful weather, wonderful service, and wonderful food. I again had one of the omelettes, and once again, it was one of the best omelettes I've ever had in my life and my friend had a burger that he greatly enjoyed. We had beignets as an appetizer, and here they are as light as a popover, served with strawberry creme - and so over the top that it's hard to control onself. For dessert we had the flourless chocolate torte that was exquisite. This was the first time I had invited this friend to dine here and he also looks forward to coming back. Triptych is a true treasure!Special Features:
- The following 705 reviews are from the Triptych reviews archive.
- Always Superb!DiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 6/22/2014It's amazing - this is the seventh time that I've invited different friends to dine here - and all seven times, my friends rave about how wonderful this place is and they insist on coming back. The food is exquisite - the beignets are as light as popovers and delicious, the omelettes are the best I've had my entire (long) life; and the rest of the food is great - it's apparent that the chef really cares about her work. The atmosphere is welcoming, the service both gracious and entertaining and I and many friends and colleagues just keep coming back and back and back.Special Features:
- Great food, awful serviceBrittchapDined on 6/16/2014There were 5 of us that were sat by 7:45. Our order was taken at 8:07 which seemed fine. By 9:15 everyone had been served besides us. For over an hour, our waters had gone un filled and we had yet to receive our dinner. When we reminded our waiter he admitted to forgetting us entirely. We finally were served dinner around 9:45.
- Disorganized!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2014The reviews are right. The ravioli is amazing. Unfortunately the front and back of the house are very disorganized. They were out of several dishes and didn't tell us that the fried chicken was out until 20 minutes after our order. Some of the food came out hot, some cold. The osso bucca got good reviews from the table but the sea bass was terrible, very fishy. And I didn't have a knife for my main course because it was cleared with the appetizer and then no one came to check on us after the rest of the food was served. Won't be returning.
- vibrant SOMA hot spotlindaVIPDined on 6/15/2014one would never know it from the facade, but this neighborhood hotspot is the place to be for brunch, lunch or snack... took my dad and family here for Father's Day. dad LOVES lamb and i saw it on the menu, sadly the lamb is only available for dinner. regardless, we had a fabulous brunch menu. i had the arugula & prosciutto Benedict- oh so delish! a few other members had specialty omelets, salad and chicken curry. the mimosas and beignets were also a delicious delight. we will DEFiNITELY be back for the lamb and/or seasonal change in menu selections. thank you!!Special Features:
- very satisfiedPaulaDined on 6/15/2014I booked based on reviews. We arrived and were very pleased. We were seated right away. Staff greeted us as they saw us. Began with spicy bloody marys and ended with great satisfaction. We will return many times.Special Features:
- Quick Yummy Pre-Opera MealcskywalkDined on 6/14/2014Driving up from San Jose to go see La Traviata at SF Opera, I was able to make an Open Table reservation 30 min. before leaving San Jose. Arriving shortly after our 6:00PM reservation, 2 of my party were quickly seated as I parked. After asking for a little more time to look at the menu our server took both our drink and food orders. We were only half way done with our drinks when the delicious food came out. We ate family style on lobster bisque, butternut squash ravioli, grilled zucchini and breaded pork tenderloin. It was the perfect amount of food and tasted delicious. Our server knew we were hurrying off to the Opera, so the check came immediately. We were very happy to be so well fed and still on time!Special Features:
- Great for 'kids'OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014It was great because we are Kids at heart. Our service was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014We went here with a party of 5 for my mom's bday. Surprisingly, the place was empty, but we did arrive at 5:15. The food was fabulous and we had a great time. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertsJamieGDined on 6/12/2014We tasted many of the desserts and each one was absolutely fantastic! Seems though, that for such a small restaurant, the dinner menu is too long.Special Features:
- UnremarkableNameVIPDined on 6/8/2014The beignets were OK - nothing particularly exciting about them. The strawberry cream lacked flavor and the texture was thick, molten-like as opposed to creamy. This was followed by the quiche Lorraine which had too much crust and lacking in discernible ingredients. The salad, however, was very good - fresh, dressed appropriately, and tasted great. Standard issue potatoes, which were hot, but flavorful, rounded out the meal. Service was fine and I'm sorry I can't remember her name. She was friendly, helpful, and followed up as needed. Unremarkable food, but service was good.
- Great new find for a get together!!Cindy23Dined on 6/7/2014This was a great place, unexpected menu with great variety. Great service, just a good place for friends to gather. Will definately go back. Check out the art!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic and entertainingImperialstoutDined on 6/6/2014We followed and read other recommendations about this place and it certainly did not disappoint. The Osso Buco and butter fish looked amazing. The real winner was the tuna Tartare. I could live off of that. Wines are very well priced and the service was amazing. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Solid neighborhood jointybrob24VIPDined on 6/6/2014Solid across the board. I would go if convenient but would not make it a destination.
- New Favorite Brunch SpotBrunchPleaseVIPDined on 5/23/2014Not only can they poach an egg perfectly, they have non-typical brunch options that are outstanding. Bloody Mary is interesting, different liquor, but they offered this bacon garnish that was spot on! They open for brunch on weekdays which is why I first checked it out. Have gone back. Will go back.Special Features:
- c'est wonderfulDiogenestheSearcherVIPDined on 5/22/2014food is always excellent, service always excellent - a pleasure to dine here always!Special Features:
- Innovative food!BumbleDined on 5/18/2014Had a reservation at 11 AM on B toB Sunday. It was busy! Place is cute with nice area outback for dining but we chose to eat indoors. Ordered almost immediately when seated...and then the wait started. Mimosas came quickly. The rest of the order took 45-60min. Said the order had been misplaced and comped us the drinks and order of beignets. They were very nice about this and we were in no hurry. Service issue doesn't appeared to be the servers problem. I think the kitchen just gets overwhelmed and it's a shame because the food is spectacular. The beignets with strawberries and cream are some of the best around. The egg white frittata with quinoa was inspired. Loved the food....needs a lot of work on service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on a sunny SundayshoebenderDined on 5/18/2014Great food and a great waiter made our leisurely brunch an absolute gem. Omelettes, vegan special, lots of things with bacon (including beignets - yum), huevos rancheros, all made the clean-the-plate list. It's a little quirky, which is a plus to us - other people call it gritty, but we think it's just got tons of character and the food really is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.