129 N. Michigan St.
South Bend, IN 46601Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.triossb.com/
- Phone: 5742888746
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Brett Boomhower
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering for casual to upscale events serving fifty to 2,000
- Private Party Facilities: Four private dining/banquet rooms are available serving eight to 100. Menus are customized to fit the event.
- Private Party Contact: Kelly Kirkner 5742888746
- Entertainment: Jazz combos from across the region perform in our jazz club on weekends and jazz pianists perform at our grand piano on Wednesday and Thursday nights and during our Sunday Champagne Jazz Brunch.
- Cross Street: Colfax
- Public Transit: Trio's is located near the intersection of two main streets, Michigan and Colfax. Public transportation stops are within walking distance of the restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Limited street parking is available. Hotel, public and private lots are within walking distance. Valet parking is available for special events.
A word from Trio's Restaurant
Trio's restaurant features American cuisine with selected fare associated with two well-known cities of jazz, New Orleans and Kansas City, as well as other regional favorites. Join us for lunch or dinner throughout the week or on Sunday for our special Champagne Jazz Brunch. Trio's Jazz Club features live jazz entertainment four nights a week. Jazz combos from across the region perform on weekends and jazz pianists perform at our grand piano on Wednesday and Thursday nights and during the Sunday brunch. We also offer banquet and private meeting facilities. Parties of eight to one hundred can be accommodated in one of our four private rooms. Our experienced event planner will work closely with you to determine the best seating and menu for your event. Online reservations are for our dining room only; Jazz club seating is available on a walk-in basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trio's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not serving foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013No longer serving food. Needs to be taken off Open Table.
- We made reservations for FridayAshleyDined on 7/19/2013We made reservations for Friday night. When we got there, the doors were locked. 5 minutes after the reservation time there was a lady running to open the door, so we figured they were just running late. When we walked in after the girl, she then told us they were not open, when we asked when they were, she said Saturday. Why would it even let us make a reservation if they were not open on Friday's? My boyfriend made reservations for my birthday, and was failed. Hopefully somebody will figure out their website and get it right.
- Never got to dine there. ReceivedMisterPDined on 7/5/2013Never got to dine there. Received confirmation of my reservation. Arrived on time for dinner. Doors were locked.
- THE SERVICE THAT I RECEIVEDTRIOSDined on 6/13/2013THE SERVICE THAT I RECEIVED THIS TIME AT TIROS WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO ME. THE SERVICE WAS NOT VERY GOOD AND THE WAITER WAS NOT VERY PLEASANT AT ALL AND HE HAD THE NERVE TO ADD A GRATUITY TO MY CHECK FOR $11. I TOLD HIM HE DIDN'T DESERVE A TIP IN THAT AMOUNT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. FIRST WE WERE GIVEN A MENU, WHEN WE STARTED ORDERING FOOD, WE WERE TOLD WE DON'T HAVE THIS, WE DON'T HAVE THAT. WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF THE MENU IF NOTHING WAS AVAILABLE. THIS HAPPENED A COUPLE DAYS BEFORE ON A FRIDAY NIGHT. AND WE THOUGHT WE WOULD GIVE IT ANOTHER TRY. MY EXPERIENCE THE LAST TWO TIMES I WAS THERE WAS HORRIBLE. THE WAITER NEVER ASK IF WE NEEDED ANY OTHER DRINKS OR ANYTHING. VERY RUDE, IT WAS A WHITE MAN.
- Very disappointedStanleyDined on 6/1/2013This past Saturday June 1st and was very disappointed. I was told by a friend about the live music and nice establishment and that it would be a nice place to try. During my experience this past weekend when I arrived at 8:00PM there was no music or plans to have any love music that night. I was told there was suppose to be a DJ, however that had been canceled. Additionally, I ordered Hennessey Black which was out of stock, no white wine and several other food items on the menu were out as well. I settled for the Salmon which came out very over cooked which made it dry and my date had the stir-fry whcih had no taste to the dish. We ordered the cat fish bites which came out with no sauce. I left very disappointed.Special Features:
- The food was very bland andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2013The food was very bland and overall disappointing. The drinks were weak, too. We didn't feel that the quality of the food matched the cost of the food. Great location downtown and beautiful ambiance. If the food improves this would be a great location for a night out.
- EhhhhDixonDined on 5/25/2013The service was horrible. We were shown to a table & sat there for 40 without any attention. My date & I finally left after that as we were hungry. The music was good but I guess there weren't enough servers for the people in attendance. I'm not sure if i'd go back simply because of the service. It has potential though.Special Features:
- newbieknorrisDined on 5/25/2013I really enjoyed the music the twin sisters singing. The only thing that has me a little upset is that I made reservations a month ahead, and when I arrived with my party they couldn't find my table. The restaurant manager was wonderful! He found my name in the book, but the way they had the tables labeled very awkwardly so I don't know. overall it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DO NOT GO HEREFood4ThoughtDined on 5/18/2013As much as I want to write that Trio's was a great place, it was probably the worst place I have been to in South Bend. Our waiter did not care about the table, the beer list was outdated, and the menu had things scratched off of it. There were few people in the restaurant and it took almost an hour to get the food out. Once the food finally arrived, there were issues. The stir fry had UNCOOKED rice. Others in the restaurant were sending food back as well. AVOID THIS PLACE.
- Slow serviceAnonymousDined on 5/18/2013It took 20 minutes just to have a waiter ask what we would like to drink besides water. In fact, I had to grab a staff member walking by to get the waiter to get any attention at all. We were clearly waiting and looking around, and not a single member of the staff bothered to ask if we needed anything. I would not recommend.
- WickedKey67Dined on 5/17/2013We had a fine dinner! Food was served very nicely and good sauces and balance of flavors. Our big issue was the service...our server brought salad, appetizer, bread and entree (in that order) almost at the same time. We were going to the show at the Morris, but had plenty of time to space things out. We will give it another try some night when we are not planning to go to a show and see how they do...perhaps some additional training for your servers will help.Special Features:
- DisappointmentGabeDined on 5/11/2013I really wanted to like Trio's but my experience was a huge disappointment. I scheduled 7:30 pm dinner reservation. My waitress immediately notified me that kitchen had run out of the following four menu items, Martini Filet, Meatloaf, & two other items that I can not recall now. Another wait staff member walking by my table notified me that the kitchen is now closed. Which upon my waitress informed me the kitchen will be held open for me. How nice of them. Not seeing much of an appealing options left on the menu, I chose a medium-well cheeseburger, and was very disappointed. My friend on the other hand ordered a salad and was very pleased. Overall the atmosphere was good and I would return for the music, not the food.
- Horrible just horribleCSB714Dined on 5/11/2013I went to Trio's prior to a play this weekend. we had about an hour and half before needing to get to the play. They were out of about half the menu items as well as had no red wine. No problem, the server was very polite and courteous to us while explaining all of the shortages. However after over an hour later we still hadn't gotten our food, no chance now to eat prior to the show. I went to speak to the manager and not even an apology! In fact he was very rude about the entire thing. I watched table after table complain regarding the time meals were taking but when it's over an hour from order to food something needs to be addressed, add the manager who was just rude regarding the situation only made it worse. Horrible experienceSpecial Features:
- Understaffed. Very slow. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2013Understaffed. Very slow. Food was cold.We will not go back.
- Skip Trio's!HWayDined on 5/11/2013I can't think of a single reason to go back to Trio's. They were out of many of the menu items at 6:00 p.m. on a Saturday night, with Wicked in town. They were completely out of all red wine and most white wine. The service was terrible and my $20 red snapper was talipia! The sauce on the fish was NOTHING like it was described on the menu. The jambalya was cold. The pasta dish was one of the worst my husband has ever had. It was a cajun type pasta dish that he added shrimp to. The side of veggies were good and the bling shrimp was decent. The wait for the food was really long, the waiter never checked on us, and it took forever to get our bill. Dishes crashed 3 separate times. We are easy to please, but would NEVER go back.
- I was a little disappointedfoodman191Dined on 4/27/2013I was a little disappointed by the place. The service is horribly understaffed and is pretty much held together by one man. The kitchen shut down around 9 so my date and I were unable to actually order an entree. Thoroughly disappointed by trios.Special Features:
- Odd and disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013So disappointing. It was a Saturday night and there were maybe 4 tables filled. I can clearly understand why this was the case. The waitress couldn't get us out if there fast enough. Never asked if we wanted anything else, just gave us the check. The portions were tiny and nothing spectacular. I can forgive portion size if the food is great. Not the case here. Would never go back.
- C urrent menu does not matchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013C urrent menu does not match the menu posted on the website. Both my wife and I had fish dishes (two different ones,) and both were somewhat dry. Decent house wine, although the pout could have been more generous.
- Enjoyed the food greatly,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Enjoyed the food greatly, wish the bands would start playing earlier. Really don't know if there was a band last Saturday night there was nothing announced or on the website.Special Features:
- I give up!javajeanelaineDined on 4/6/2013I have given Trio's several chances. This time the food was COLD and the service awful as usual. It started out as a nice place but I have given up on it after being a loyal patron.
- I went for the food, but alsoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013I went for the food, but also for the jazz. Unfortunately, the jazz did not start until 9:00pm and our reservation for dinner was for 6:30pm. I certainly would have thought for a weekend that they would have music much earlier. Overall our trip was very favorable and the food was good. Even though there was no live music, there was good pre-recorded jazz playing. The restaurant was fairly quiet, making for a more romantic mood. The waitress, Kiki, was very responsive and wonderful to work with.Special Features:
- It was great! Food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2013It was great! Food was good and hot and the drinks were yummy. Loved the music.Special Features:
- Wonderful all the way around.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Wonderful all the way around. Great food, Great ADULT crowd, Great music (Doc Robinson Feat. Bonita Mitchell). Wonderful waitress!! KeKe, loved her. Just wonderful. Will always recommend to others. Loved it!!! Dr. BrookinsSpecial Features:
- Great place in concept butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Great place in concept but they can achieve better. The menu selection was excellent and all of the flavors were there but the fish (both meals) was poorly cooked and tepid in temperature on arrival. The wine selection is sparse (only 4?) and they have no wine list at all. Ambiance was great and the nosie level perfect for an elegant evening out. The service was what saved the day. Best waiter I've had in a long time; friendly, attentive without being intrusive. Up the food and wine or you'll lose that waiter to a finer place. Added bonus: the jazz/blues club next door. Made for a great evening. Good service, good music, good damcing and a real friendly crowd of customers.
- First of all I would likeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013First of all I would like to say that every single time we tried to call the restaurant, nobody ever answered the phone. We never made it to our reservation because....once again....nobody answered the phone so that we could make you aware that we were stuck in Chicago due to an accident and would be running late. As far as your restaurant is concerned it did nothing at all to accomodate us, and we were coming a long way just to dine with you. I would never recommend this spot to any of my friends.
- Considering this was my firstOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Considering this was my first time dining at this restaurant I thought that it would be a great experience that I would never forget. However, it was a horrible experience and I was very disappointed. This was suppose to be a special evening for my husbands birthday and instead turned into a nightmare. The service was horrible, I was served burnt food and when sent it back, 35 mins later I still had not received my meal and my husband had completed his. I would not recommend this place as somewhere to dine, but maybe to just have a drink after work. The establishment was not that busy, therefore I feel that the service should have been better than it was. If I had to chose again, this would be at the bottom of my list!Special Features:
- Very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013The service was so poor that we never got our food. We arrived at 6:00 and finally left at 7:30 without ever receiving our main course. Also no refills were offered on any drinks. Our salad dishes were never cleared off the table. They were out of two entrees and the salad which I ordered. Service at the door was poor also. The only good thing was that they didn't charge us for the drinks and the salads. One of which they were out of so they brought a substitute.
- Service was good. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2013Service was good. The food taste was ok. The temperature for both our meals was tepid. It was not cold but not hot. Disappointing for an anniversary meal. Dessert was awesome. Not sure I would recommend this for another couple.
- Menu severely lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The menu doesn't support the look or feel of the restaurant and needs a serious overhaul. My companion said his ribeye was delicious and perfectly prepared but there is nothing interesting or unique available. Honestly even TGI Fridays has a better menu which is sad given the upscale feel of the restaurant.Special Features:
- lacking food dishes, of dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013lacking food dishes, of dinner menu, and short of menus.MUSIC IS TOTALLY OUT OF THIS AREA, ( UNBELIVIBLY AWESOME )Fantastic atmosphere.Special Features:
- I was at Trio's on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013I was at Trio's on Valentine's day. I had called to make a reservation at 9:30pm. The service was so poor and it took a "century" for us to be served. The food was like the left overs of the day. I would never recommend Trio's to my worst enemy....
- Very small portions. SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Very small portions. Steak overcooked and dry (although ordered it medium).Special Features:
- This experience was a betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013This experience was a better one than normal. Our server, Dan, was awesome. My food was cold (once again) when I got it, he took it quickly back to the kitchen to correct the problem. Trio's is a nice place, but the management needs to address the food issues and needs to step up their service if they want to compete with the other area restaurants. Dan is one of the best servers we have had there, but I know he is only one of many they have. The table beside us had another server and didn't get their salads, soups, or drinks. They left very unhappy. I've seen this time and time again.
- Unfortunately the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013Unfortunately the experience was not good. Their was no coat check and no hostess to seat the table so the wait to be seated was very long although we had reservations and very few tables in the restaurant were occupied. The chairs were rickity and unstable to sit on. The menus were worn and apparently out dated. When we ordered, one of the entree's that was ordered was no longer on the menu and we did not find out until the waitress told us 15 min later. We ordered appetizers and it came out timely but their was a very long time until the salads were served. Then the waitress brought out the salads and the entree out at the same time. Not acceptable. We used to enjoy dining there but I am not sure if we will return
- Very pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Very pleasant experience. The food was fantastic! Loved the live jazz music as well.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We had a party of four for dinner on New Years Eve. None of us had ever been to Trio's. The service was good. The wait staff were very friendly and polite. We all were a bit disappointed to learn that there was only a limited menu being offered that evening. We all had looked at the menu on their web-site the days before since we had not been to this establishment before,only to arrived and not be able to order what we had expected. Perhaps a note could have been made on the on-line reservation or their web-site stating that they were only offering a few select items on NYE.
- Always expect the best andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Always expect the best and they never let me down.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve, reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012New Year's Eve, reservation was for 6:30pm, party of four. We were only the third table to be seated that evening. We were asked if we wanted bread and were told three different times that it was coming, received it after our entree was served. I ordered prime rib Medium, it came Well, not a speck of pink to be found. In addition, all of my food was room temperature.The choice I was given was to return the entire plate and order something entirely different (while the rest of my family ate). I had asked for a diff. slice of PR to no avail.My husband's steak was fine, as was my son's pasta. My daughter's steak was badly charred on one side.When I declined a 2nd drink, it was offered for free(to make up for my dinner).They weren't even busy!!
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012When I made the reservation online, I noted that it was our anniversary. When we were seated nothing was mentioned by our server as to our anniversary. We were informed not all wine selections were available. Second we were informed that three of your menu entrees were not available. We notices other patrons were receiving bread baskets before there meals, as we were not offered that option. My wife received her ceasar salad which was chilled, but was served with warm croutons, which softened the salad. She ordered the beef tenderloin with mixed vegetables and garlic mash potatoes, which were pasty and not good. Beef tenderloin was exceptional. I had the Red Snapper, which was good. Overall experience was disappointing!!!Special Features:
- Upon arrival to Trio's atTnLBDined on 11/29/2012Upon arrival to Trio's at 6:30 waited almost 5 minutes before greeted by anyone to be seated. Sat in bar. Server overworked and very frazzled. Out of all appetizers we chose. Restaurant was maybe 15% occupied-unacceptable to run out of food with so few patrons. Waited too long to for server to take drink orders then waited 10 or more minutes for drinks to arrive while we watched bartender wash glasses, talk with others and leave bar several times. Chose salad as dinner which was okay. Left saying we won't be back.