Trios Bistro Toronto
525 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5G 2L2Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Trios Bistro Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.triosbistro.com/
- Phone: 4162049018
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast 6:30 - 11:30 am Lunch 11:30 - 2 pm Dinner: 5 pm - 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Morgan Wilson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant may be booked for Private Parties of up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ralph Selbach 4162049056
A word from Trios Bistro Toronto
Welcome to Trios Bistro, located in the heart of downtown Toronto at the Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel. Trios Bistro delivers a casually upscale culinary experience for the most discerning diners. Award-winning Chef Morgan Wilson has created inspired menus featuring contemporary Canadian cuisine with a focus on fresh, seasonal produce. Trios Bistro is proud to be Ocean Wise certified, offering environmentally-friendly seafood choices. A progressive wine list offers new world varietals and blends. For a light snack or custom-made cocktail with freshly-squeezed fruit juices, enjoy the warm and inviting ambiance of Trios lounge. This Toronto restaurant will captivate your senses in its airy dining room, decorated in luscious earth tones and overlooking the historical Trinity Square. The elegant, yet relaxed ambiance is a perfect compliment to the culinary delights that await.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trios Bistro Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (10)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Trios disappoints.HammamisDined on 9/18/2014Quality of food & service excellent. Atmosphere non existent, restaurant same as when builder finished, no flowers, no ambience. Restaurant failed on how to find it, should've said " located in Marriott hotel", instead it named the street number which was not visible anywhere. Wait staff uniforms scruffy. Our waiter was excellent and attentive, but his best could not make up for the rest.
- WaiterWatsons6ladiesDined on 8/30/2014Watson made our evening special; he picked up on our personalities and went with it. Great service and fun! Thank you Watson from the six crazy women Sat. Night (30th).Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseYummersDined on 7/18/2014A co-worker and I had lunch at Trios Bistro during the Summerlicious event and were surprised at the large portions and quality of the food received. Definitely would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerliciousIndoboyDined on 7/17/2014Loved the chicken avocado panini! Great location too!Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Great food and very nice waiter. Went for summerlicious menu and it was very tasty! Got the steak and would go back again. We were going to see a play after and told our waiter we were in a rush and he was really fast and nice. Had a sangria to drink which was also good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great serviceiluvfudDined on 7/14/2014The restaurant was really clean and cozy. The food was really fresh and flavourful. The server that took care of us was really nice and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodbuttertartDined on 7/12/2014Nice environment, friendly services, food presentation is good and place so clean, one thing I suggest that if the table are cover by table cloth, that would make a big difference ! Look more elegant ~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchwithfriendsDined on 7/12/2014Food and service was excellent. It was quiet and we were not rushed. Had some good chatting time with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miss and hitfood4thoughtDined on 7/11/2014I don't think that I made the best food selections from the summerlicious menu. The starter of the pork flat bread was delicious but the entree and dessert fell a bit short. The pesto pasta portion was very generous and the watermelon with lemon sorbet was satisfactory. We also ordered from the normal menu and that tasted very good. Therefore, it seems that the normal menu items are a better display of the taste of the restaurant. Would recommend you order from main menu.Special Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the Trios Bistro Toronto reviews archive.
- Not what I expectedbuffieDined on 2/16/2014I reviewed various websites for brunch for our getaway in Toronto; service was inattentive at best. Menu was very average and actual taste average, too.
- The poorest service ever!!!CathyDined on 2/8/2014I went to the restaurant with a best frend of mine for dinner. The waiter was just so unfriendly. He seemed so unhappy about his job. He never asked how the food was. Never refilled a glass of water. Even though there were so many empty tables around, he rushed us for each dish. The food was not bad but because of his poorest service, our night out was just ruined. The restaurant was located inside the Marriott Hotel Eaton Centre, so the hotel management should retrain all of the employees. We would not stay in the hotel, either.
- Winterlicious LunchZekeDined on 2/8/2014My wife and I visited Trios Bistro for lunch on Saturday afternoon and enjoyed the Winterlicious menu. The soup, flatbread and pulled pork were well balanced and put together nicely. There was an abundance of fries with the pulled pork sandwich, so much so that my wife took most of them home and I couldn't finish mine. The brownie dessert was excellent. Served with fresh fruit under heavy whipped cream and salted caramel, it was a great ending to our lunch. Our server was very nice and attentive. Even though he had several tables, he made sure we were well taken care of during our lunch. We would definitely eat here again, especially with the great deal we received during Winterlicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!!MickeyVIPDined on 1/31/2014Trios Bistro is consistently outstanding. We've dined here many, many times and every time leave here thoroughly impressed with the quality of the food. Presentation and taste are incredible. The service is also excellent. A very nice and unexpected touch was the palate cleanser of icewine at the end of our meals. In a city filled with lots of great restaurants, Trios Bistro is amongst the very best. They do everything right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winterlicious 2014Out2lunchDined on 1/31/2014Butternut squash soup was excellent and the ginger bread crumble made it zing. Pulled pork was amazing but beware it's sloppy with juices flowing out of every side. Decadent sweets too. Service was slow and I don't think we were attended to well enough for a hotel restaurant. Overall they have a great winterlicious menudo that has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Great spot for pre-theatresuesnightoutVIPDined on 1/22/2014Great spot for pre-theatre (Mirvish Canon). Lots of choices, our meals were great and everything that passed us looked delicious.Special Features:
- christms dinnervat Trios BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013First of all I had to wait before being even acknowledged. The host seemed like he had better things to do. After, waiting we were seated nicely by a hostess, ordering slow, our waiter was an Asian fellow, no smile what so ever. No greeting, no welcome, nothing, it just seemed likes job to him...no one made us feel welcome. When the food server brought our food, if it wasn't for him we would have left, he was very funny and friendly. The food, Sokeye Salmon was fabulous....but the waiter was terrible....I will not be going back, unless its a last resort.
- better than expectedpatofuDined on 12/25/2013I did not have great expectations for a hotel restaurant, but without too many options available for Christmas lunch, I decided to give it a shot. The Christmas menu was very good and overall all our party of 5 had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent especiallyluvtoexperimentDined on 12/15/2013Service was excellent especially with a request for steak for lunch. Timing was good too as we didn't have to wait too long. My mother unfortunately was not used to the curry dish she ordered but I am sure it will be good, as I have the left overs! Not sure if I would recommend the restaurant since the prices are a little steep. Hope you serve tea as I still have a balance on the gift card. Wishes for the season to all.Special Features:
- Great choiceSoccernj13Dined on 11/29/2013We really enjoyed the relaxed ambiance of this restaurant. The booths are very intimate for a romantic setting. The chicken soup and Cesar salad were great. The soup was very hearty. The 10oz steak with mashed potatoes and vegetables were fantastic. The chocolate ice cream was rich and a very generous portion. The cheesecake was also great. The drinks and wine were very good as well. This was our first time but won't be our last. The only problem was that our server didn't bring us a bread basket and made numerous mistakes on the bill. Just check the bill before you pay. As well, the restaurant needs to advertise themselves being in the Marriott hotel. We had a hard time finding it. Otherwise a very good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at MarriottOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/18/2013Overpriced but good for, did not realize was in lobby of Marriott. Just not what I was looking for in a brunch place.
- Located in a quiet and lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/21/2013Located in a quiet and lovely little square behind Eaton Centre, this is a divine way to surprise a special person by stepping out of the bustle into this intimate little spot. The waiter has been there 20 years (Brad) and was eager to bet his job on the quality of the filet beef. It was utterly divine and they had very good quality red wines on the list. Service is spectacular and Im def looking forward to returning here again with my special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no brunch, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/12/2013went here for a 1PM mother's day reso expecting they'd still be serving brunch, but was disappointed to find they were on lunch. some lunch menu items were brunch-like so that wasn't too bad, but service was very slow
- Great food! Excellent service! NiceRIchDined on 3/14/2013Good to great food! My wife enjoyed the lamb, flavorful and moist, my daughter had the fish and chips, excellent fish done to perfection, I enjoyed wild salmon cooked perfectly. Our server was very warm and engaging helping us navigate the menu. His knowledge of the menu was very evident and his commentary was welcome. I'd rate this a return trip for the food. I found our table to be cool temperature wise, the large windows on the Trinity courtyard provide a nice view, that I can only imagine is very beautiful in the spring, summer and fall. Not so much in the winter. Although the restaurant area is nicely decorated the very high ceilings make it less than cozy.Special Features:
- A very nice relaxing atmosphereTorontoCanadaVIPDined on 3/4/2013A very nice relaxing atmosphere with excellent service. Although a bit of a way from the Air Canada Centre (we went before a hockey game), it was a nice choice. The walk to the ACC is mostly underground and a nice walk before having to sit through a game. There is food for everyone. Would come back again.
- Excellent food, generous servings4HallsVIPDined on 2/9/2013Excellent food, generous servings and a very friendly wait staff. We would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Go for winterlicious menu,BennetDined on 2/7/2013Go for winterlicious menu, service is amazing. The starter flat bread is best starter ever, pasta is great, desert is a little bit minus. The ceiling is high and seats are comfortable.Special Features:
- Staff was very attentative.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2013Staff was very attentative. Food was very well prepared with great presentation. Atmosphere was perfect for good conversation (i.e. not too noisy).Special Features:
- This is the second time IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2013This is the second time I have been to Trios in two weeks. We ate off the winterlicious menu for lunch. The food was excellent. The pulled chicken sandwiches were fantastic. The service was quite slow which surprised me as my last vist the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Winterlicious LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2013I didn't know it was a restaurant in a hotel until I arrived. It was located on the side of the lobby. It seemed quite small due to its location. The waiter was nice, but was a little slow on delivering meals and giving us the bill. The food was alright. I had the crispy Italian flat bread with olives, artichoke, goat’s cheese, pancetta and tomato, the honey bourbon bbq pulled chicken sandwich with charred onion & chili mayo, and house cut parmesan & sea salt fries, and for dessert, spiced pumpkin-apple crumble with bourbon caramel sauce. The appetizer was delicious, but a little cold by the time it came to the table. The entree was a little overwhelming and I didn't finish the burger. The dessert was a little too dry for my taste.Special Features:
- Great place to go if you areOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2013Great place to go if you are looking for a reasonably quiet place to have a business lunch. The service on this occasion was a tad slow but that was ok- the food is consistent. A regular place for me!Special Features:
- Winterlicious menu was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/30/2013Winterlicious menu was excellent. Good variety and excellent flavour. Waiter was excellent. Hostess a little less than enthusiastic and didnt bring the winterlicious menu when asked but our waiter more than made up for her lack of effort. Convenient location and convenient parking for Massey Hall event.
- Trios is consistently excellent,MickeyVIPDined on 1/25/2013Trios is consistently excellent, for the quality of the food as well as the friendly service.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/18/2013Too many good restaurants in the city to waste time here
- Found the tables to be toodorshecVIPDined on 1/1/2013Found the tables to be too close together. The breakfast buffet was okay but they were struggling to keep the containers full of food. Need to have better handle on people's kids handling the food on the buffet.
- Nice spot for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012My friend and I were originally seated near a large group and kindly offered to move us to a quieter table. Service was very friendly. Food was very good. I have eaten here before for Winter/Summerlicious, but find the food better when it is ordered off the menu. The crabcakes were delicious, full of chunks of crab and very tender. Salads were fresh and crunchy. Was too full for dessert, but they sounded amazing.Special Features:
- Most reliable good lunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012Most reliable good lunch place within a short walk of the Eaton Centre. Always a good soup or light entree and the Salad Nicoise is perfect every time - with beautifully prepared seared tuna and the traditional beans, egg an potatoes.Special Features:
- Great place for a lunch meetingCAT58VIPDined on 11/2/2012Great place for a lunch meeting - especially for two as the booths are good for private conversation. Menu has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Trios Bistro is always greatMickeyVIPDined on 10/26/2012Trios Bistro is always great as a pre-theatre spot for dinner. It's within a 5 minute walk from the Mirvish Theatre. The quality of the food is excellent, as is the service. The crab cakes were so good that I had them for an appetizer as well as for my main!
- Get a debit machineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012We had prix fixed menu as part of the Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon. Salad was over dressed, pasta was okay, dessert was bland, wine choices was very good. The real stinker was that had no debit machine to pay for our bill so sent us upstairs to an ATM. Come on this was part of a Marriot hotel. Left us with a bad feeling.
- Great food, incredible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012Great food, incredible service. The thanksgiving lunch option was really well done. Turkey could have been more juicy, however the pumpkin an apple pie was amazing.Special Features: