49 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.triompheny.com/
- Phone: 2124534233
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:30am; Saturday - Sunday 7:00am - 12:00pm. Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm. Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Florian Wehrli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Triomphe restaurant offers private dining in for both lunch and dinner with customized menu packages available. Lantern's Keep located through the lobby of the Iroquois Hotel is host for a variety of private events. With dark wood decor, elegant fireplace and in room bar it is an ideal space for a private lunch or dinner, family reunion or wedding ceremony and reception. Also available is the intimate New York Library seating up to 10, as well as our luxurious Private Dining Suite sure to impress up to 16 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ivo Couto 2124534233x
A word from Triomphe
Gracious service and elegant cuisine dominate at this highly acclaimed "Jewel Box" of a restaurant. Whether for pre- or post-theater, lunch, or an intimate dinner, Triomphe is sure to strike just the right note. For seasonal French-American cuisine with an international flair, Triomphe triumphs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench American
Triomphe reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (28)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (27)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (9)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- quiet for business or romanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014so hard these days to find a quiet restaurant with great food and service. I have gone often with my husband but this time I needed to do a bit of business and it was perfect for that too. The service has always been good and they get you out in time for theater if you tell them. but the menu has improved even more and the food is delicious. This one is a old standby, gotten better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedNYCvisitorDined on 8/9/2014I tried the 4 course meal with wine pairing and wasn't impressed with the food. The wine pairing was well done. Although the staff was very friendly and accommodating, I felt somewhat rushed since the meals were being served before I had finished my wine. It did not allow any time to savor the meal and chat over dinner.
- Very nice pre-theater optionkbow722VIPDined on 8/8/2014I have found that hotel restaurants can be somewhat hit or miss but this is definitely a hit. The menu is imaginative and diverse, the execution of the dishes was excellent and the service was great!Special Features:
- Another lovely dining experience.GalicianRoseVIPDined on 7/20/2014This has become my go-to place for enjoying a fine breakfast. Whether I go unaccompanied or invite a friend or two, the experience is always memorable. I normally order the belgian waffle along with a cup of coffee. Plus, the service is exceptional. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Consistent excellence!robareVIPDined on 7/17/2014We have returned to Triomphe many times. The room is quite small, but elegant. Service is excellent. For theater-goers, they know to ask in advance and move things along without making you feel rushed. The food is great. Presentation is on par with the finest restaurants. Highly recommended...Special Features:
- HawkeyeVIPDined on 6/26/2014Very intimate, quiet room. Service outstanding. Food excellent?Special Features:
- Pricey but deliciousRosieSometimesDined on 6/21/2014We stopped by Triomphe for dessert and coffee after a Saturday matinee. We ended up ordering some small plates that were delicious.... the scallops were beautiful and the tuna carpaccio which included a small seaweed salad was exquisite. The service was very good. We sat in a corner booth where it was quiet and we could talk comfortably.Special Features:
- Excellent food reasonably pricedMkerryRDined on 6/17/2014Took a group of 7 out for dinner. Everyone was very happy with their food. The service was excellent, attentive, but not intrusive. Facility is small and intimate. Price was reasonable given the quality. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time aroundelkinsparkeatersDined on 6/14/2014We returned to Triomphe on Saturday June 15, 2014, and found it as delightful as the first time. The room is quiet and richly appointed. Of the three dishes we had (we both had the lobster entree), two were fabulous and the other was probably fabulous and not particularly to my liking. The sweetbread ravioli (first course was abundant, delicious and inventive. My salmon tartar two ways had too much of a citrus flavor for me, and I believe that was incorrect ordering for myself. The lobster dish was delicious and prepared perfectly. The wines by the glass (champagne and a nice Riesling) were fairly priced and very nice indeed. Our waiter was professional, and not intrusive. The greeting at the door and on the phone was friendly. Nice eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Grown-up Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/13/2014Whether it's for a pre-theater supper or a leisurely meal, Triomphe is wonderful place to dine. The room is intimate with tables spaced far enough apart that it's easy to talk and the food is fresh and inventive. An attentive staff attends to its guests without being overbearing and the whole experience is one of polished civility.
- Great business lunch!ZotpersonDined on 6/11/2014This was the perfect place for a business lunch. Easy to get to mid-town location, fantastic food and great service. It also didn't break the expense bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch Gone Wrongthn222Dined on 6/11/2014The quality of the food was OK, but for some reason we ordered at 12:45 PM on a regular Wednesday, and the entrees were served 4 minutes later. Appetizers came fast, but the gap between the appetizers and the entrees was so long that it made the whole experience a bit distasteful. I wouldn't go again.
- A NYC favoriteKjh4VIPDined on 6/9/2014Nice French find. Small neighborhood setting. Food is perfection. Wine list is terrific. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- Worth the trip!bojaillieDined on 5/30/2014My wife and I traveled from DC to NYC and dined at Triomphe as part of our weekend 25th anniversary celebration. I decided on Triomphe based on a web search and reviews and they did not disappoint! The food was outstanding and the service excellent. We had been apprised ahead of time that we'd be dining in the front room due to a private party and although the bar got a bit noisy at times, the atmosphere was romantic and we were certainly well tended to. We enjoyed the shaved fennel salad (delicious) and the harlequin soup (what a treat) for appetizers and would also recommend both entrees, the stuffed guinea hen and the red snapper, not to mention the lavender panna cotta with rhubarb sauce for dessert. Five stars. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/27/2014We can always depend on Triomphe to be delicious, beautiful and quiet enough to have a conversation. It is an oasis in a bustling citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunch!MCNYCDined on 5/23/2014We celebrated our anniversary with lunch at Triomphe, and they truly made it a special experience. The service was old-school charming, the food was delicious (especially the strawberry soup dessert) and the atmosphere was low-key and elegant. A quiet, hidden gem.Special Features:
- Great place for celebration dinnerElizaDined on 5/22/2014Our family met here for a special celebration dinner. Food was amazing, service was attentive and atmosphere was elegant and quiet. Truly delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special restaurantHPFrankDined on 5/21/2014We've had very nice lunches here in the past, but this was our first supper. It was the perfect dining experience. The room lighting was just right. My wife's appetizer was delicious almond crusted scallops. Mine was very nice white asparagus. Her main couse was stuffed quinoa cake with Cedric cheese. She loved it. I had brook trout with blue crab stuffing. It was beautifully presented, generous and one of the most delicious dishes that I've ever had. For desert, we each chose the three cheese selection (they also have five cheeses). It came with a delicate spread and wonderful breads. We were in 7th heaven. Service was friendly, attentive and professional. Importantly, everyone was nicely dressed (i.e. no slobs). We will be back.Special Features:
- A disappointiTng lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/21/2014I've not eaten at Triomphe for quite awhile, but remembered it as a lovely spot to take a client to lunch. I was very disappointed, as was my client, who had also been there in the past. The food was nothing special and the service was very annoying in that staff showed up overly frequently at our table and always while we were talking! While I appreciate attentiveness (and it's so unusual that I hate to complain), discretion and better timing would also be appreciated. The issue that will keep me from returning, however, is the disappointing meal (I had the snapper.)
- Cost to value ratio is offDDDDVIPDined on 5/20/2014Triomphe seeks to create an executive experience, but in the end, there was a mismatch between the desired and actual outcomes. Our lunch started off well ... my lobster bisque was light and flavorful. My guest had the quinoa veggie dish for her main (she enjoyed it very much), and I had a fish in a light broth. My fish arrived far under-cooked (I enjoy rare fish, but this was part sushi). A replacement was better, but the broth only slightly added flavor and the veggies were far too plain. I found the flavors to be totally lacking, and while probably a healthy low-cal meal, I've enjoyed similar plates elsewhere with a more memorable taste. Desserts were good. The $125 (with tip) bill for lunch was steep for this "just okay" experience.
- Wonderful and elegant!GalicianRoseVIPDined on 5/18/2014I've written many glowing reviews of this place and in my opinion, it's worthy of the praise. I stopped by again this past weekend for breakfast. This time however, I opted for something different on the menu. I normally select the waffle or brioche French toast, but on Sunday I decided to try the Greek yogurt parfait. I received a very generous serving of yogurt, complete with granola, honey, dried fruit, nuts, berries and tropical fresh fruit. It was very satisfying especially since I later spent a few hours shopping at Macy's. Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet nightCtdinerVIPDined on 5/13/2014Took two female companions, and although at 630 on a Tueday night there was only one other couple, we had read the reviews and weren't concerned about the lack of a crowd. We are glad we stayed. And glad we tasted the scallops.. Luscious. And the white asparagus was crisp and fresh, the accompanying sauce was just common. The stuffed trout was amazing, and the lamb was smooth and perfectly cooked. No room for dessert. One note.. My companions are always looking for places a woman exec can take another woman for dinner.. This is the place. A little too romantic, they felt to take a male client. Worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater District ( east) "find"BobLVIPDined on 5/8/2014I've been to Kellari on w44th many times as had my dinner companion, so I gave Triomphe a try. The food, ambience and service were very good, especially for a "hotel restauant". The name may be French, but the menu was very varied, so it wouldn't be hard to please a large group. The rom is small but the noise level is very low thanks to the design and furnishings. the staff weere very attentive and patient ( we took a long time to order).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience!RoseDined on 5/6/2014It was our wedding anniversary and the restaurant really lived up to our expectations. We were give a glass of champagne to celebrate, and the food and wine that followed were outstanding. The service was very efficient, but also friendly. A really wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Almost thereJustFolksVIPDined on 5/5/2014This is my third visit to Triomphe. The decor has always been lovely, and the food, always good, has gotten progressively better, as has the service. My one quibble is that it can still be surprisingly noisy: must have something to do with the acoustics, since the tables are not closely spaced. Still, all in all, a really excellent place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in NYCgibsongirlVIPDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant is a gem--a small, elegant room with delicious food and superb service. It's location is close enough to the theaters without being in the Times Square chaos. You can have a conversation without raising your voice. The menu is innovative with a nice mix of small and large plates. We have been several times and will return.Special Features:
- The following 1027 reviews are from the Triomphe reviews archive.
- Fantastic breakfast in the city!GalicianRoseVIPDined on 4/27/2014This past Sunday I enjoyed another sweet and savory breakfast at one of my most beloved places to dine in NYC. I opted for the Belgian waffle and some coffee; my mother selected the pastry basket (accompanied by berries and tropical fruit) and a cup of coffee as well. I highly recommend this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at TriomphekikiDined on 4/26/2014The service was excellent and the ambience was so quaint and quiet. Our server was at our beck and call and met our every dining need including some enjoyable add-ons for being a guest at the hotel (The Iroquois - wonderful). The food was devine and just enough to fill the tummy and palate needs. Will definitely visit the restaurant when I stay at the hotel again. AND we also had breakfast in the morning - the food is as fresh as you can get - no fillers there - LOVED ITSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedUMichFanVIPDined on 4/25/2014Disappointing experience given the price. The food was bland, the fish portions very small. The service, which was almost overly attentive at the beginning of the meal, flagged near the end....puzzling given that it was time to get to the theater. There were some nice. Touches for sure-ambience was pleasant, the bread was delicious, the chocolate brownie dessert was credible. So nothing terrible, but given the price and the availability of other restaurants in the vicinity, I would not seek to go back.
- Pass the seasoningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/18/2014Food was under seasoned, bland. The lobster was overcooked. A disappointing meal.
- Quality, Quiet Pre-theater gemTamio888Dined on 4/15/2014Very nice old-school French. Efficacious service accompanies classic French whie-tablecloth classics. Nice wine list. Pricey, but, you can see where the money is going - into the food and the skilled preparation.Special Features:
- Delicious cuisine. LovelyMumaVIPDined on 4/5/2014Delicious cuisine. Lovely service. Perfect dinner.Special Features:
- Attention to Details NeededRoadWarrior45VIPDined on 4/4/2014The food, while very good, arrived just warm. The service started out as very attentive and then started to erode as the dining room got busier. There appeared to be management on the floor, but he seemed oblivious to the obvious need for attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a Old FriendLovelyVernieDined on 4/2/2014As I had dinner with a old friend, he was amazing impress with the ambiance of the restaurant. The sea food was excellent as well as the desert. The restuarant is very quaint and cozy. Noise level was excellent as there was only 3 other individuals seated which I believe was tourist so they didn't stay long as they may have had tickets to a broadway play. I found quite nice to go after work around 7:00 pm. I would definitely come back. LGBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmbarrassingFredDined on 4/2/2014I treat a client here for lunch. Was hoping it brings up the relationship, but not up to my expectation. The menu is quite limited, you only have a choice of one fish, one beef skirt or one chicken, can't remember whether they have a fourth choice, they also have a prefix lunch menu, which limits the choice of main course to two of the four. The Aspero the soup was fantastic, but the beef skirt which I ordered was a disaster, it's like chewing rubber. The red sniper that's my client order it didn't look so well either, although he claims that he liked it, which I think he is just being polite. The waiters are typical Manhattan waiters, don't expect too much from them.
- Restaurant is great for aCJC4thDined on 3/29/2014Restaurant is great for a "small group" 8 or less. Wonderful atmosphere, food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at bestRaleighSocialitesDined on 3/27/2014The food was unimpressive at best. The steak was OK but the chicken was so bad we sent it back. Service was snooty and lackluster. Would not reccomend it.
- Perfect for Special OccasionEmZzDined on 3/21/2014Very classy french restaurant, perfect for special occasion such as anniversary, mother's day, etc. Great food (not a lot of options, but all apps and 4 entrees we ordered are really good), good wine list too. Desserts are okay, a little bit weak ending... we ordered 4 different ones, the bread pudding was good, but too much sweetness/sauce, and nothing special. The other ones are just okay, not really french. Overall the food and atmosphere is pretty good.Special Features:
- Creative chef - Excellent serviceABSSouthOrangeDined on 3/21/2014Wonderful presentation of creatively put together food, beautifully presented. Fish was cooked to perfection. Server respected our time restraints with out making us feel rushed. Great choice for theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceabayDined on 3/21/2014Food was fantastic. Everything was fresh, and flavored superbly. Location was within two blocks of times square. Prices were expensive, but not as much as some of the other high end places in the theater district. I would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.