49 West 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.triompheny.com/
- Phone: 2124534233
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:30am; Saturday - Sunday 7:00am - 12:00pm. Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm. Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Florian Wehrli
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Triomphe restaurant offers private dining in for both lunch and dinner with customized menu packages available. Lantern's Keep located through the lobby of the Iroquois Hotel is host for a variety of private events. With dark wood decor, elegant fireplace and in room bar it is an ideal space for a private lunch or dinner, family reunion or wedding ceremony and reception. Also available is the intimate New York Library seating up to 10, as well as our luxurious Private Dining Suite sure to impress up to 16 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Ivo Couto 2124534233x
A word from Triomphe
Gracious service and elegant cuisine dominate at this highly acclaimed "Jewel Box" of a restaurant. Whether for pre- or post-theater, lunch, or an intimate dinner, Triomphe is sure to strike just the right note. For seasonal French-American cuisine with an international flair, Triomphe triumphs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench American
Triomphe reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (23)romantic (23)special occasion (22)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Phenomenal food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Absolute must to visit for foodies. Deserves 6 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014Very disappointing. This was probably our fifth visit to Triomphe in as many years, and its previous dinners had lived up to its name. This time the service was friendly but quite disorganized; the dishes mediocre; the duck badly overcooked. For this lackluster dinner if two appetizers and entrees, with three glasses of wine between us and without dessert or coffee, the cost exceeded $200. Perhaps there's been a change in chefs. Certainly something has changed for the worse.
- Perfect little place!DelicatDined on 9/17/2014Great place for lunch, with very good food and service. Convenient location for pre and after theatre dinner. Enjoyable cosy atmosphere. Check it out when in the neighborhood. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet business lunchOliveItDined on 9/17/2014Perfect spot for quiet business lunch which is not easy to find midtown. Tables are spaced appropriately apart and it was pleasantly quiet. Menu was nicely varied, with some interesting options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014We went for a special occasion. This was a wonderful spot. We ended up having their tasting and wine paring menu. It was wonderful. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- great eveningFrankDined on 9/13/2014We had not visited Triomphe for a few years and were so glad to see the recent updates to the restaurant The interior is lovely, with subdued lighting, but the real pleasure was with the staff and the food. We were greeted with a smile by the hostess and promptly put in the capable hands of Mr. Couto. Each staff member was cordial, without being intrusive, and guided us through our selections. We were pleased to see the addition of several half bottles of wine to the list, including champagne. Our dinner selections were outstanding (salmon, chicken, and Beef Wellington), and each was served in a timely manner. All around, we would give high marks, with special kudos to Ivo C. We shall definitely plan a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars Not Enoughbooerns89Dined on 9/6/2014I have lived in New York and have always felt the service in general was sub standard. Not so in Triomphe. The staff could not have done more for us. The food was absolutely exquisite. The wine selection was excellent also. Will most definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Jewel in NYCGourmetVIPDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I enjoyed our first visit to this restaurant. After a hectic day in the city, what could be better than a quiet atmosphere with great service and food? We each had the beef wellington served perfectly as ordered-medium rare. The house cured salmon was a unique appetizer. Our next trip to NYC will include dining at this magnificent location again. Maybe this time we can save room to sample the wonderful looking deserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet for business or romancewelltraveledDined on 8/26/2014so hard these days to find a quiet restaurant with great food and service. I have gone often with my husband but this time I needed to do a bit of business and it was perfect for that too. The service has always been good and they get you out in time for theater if you tell them. but the menu has improved even more and the food is delicious. This one is a old standby, gotten better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for Pre TheaterJohn55VIPDined on 8/16/2014This is a very romantic space in a lovely boutique hotel - have eaten here many times - the food is excellent - service very good albeit a tad slow if you are going to the theater make sure they get it - for my money as a native New Yorker the best place to eat in the theater district besides Todd English's restaurant.Special Features:
- Not impressedNYCvisitorDined on 8/9/2014I tried the 4 course meal with wine pairing and wasn't impressed with the food. The wine pairing was well done. Although the staff was very friendly and accommodating, I felt somewhat rushed since the meals were being served before I had finished my wine. It did not allow any time to savor the meal and chat over dinner.
- Very nice pre-theater optionkbow722VIPDined on 8/8/2014I have found that hotel restaurants can be somewhat hit or miss but this is definitely a hit. The menu is imaginative and diverse, the execution of the dishes was excellent and the service was great!Special Features:
- Another lovely dining experience.GalicianRoseVIPDined on 7/20/2014This has become my go-to place for enjoying a fine breakfast. Whether I go unaccompanied or invite a friend or two, the experience is always memorable. I normally order the belgian waffle along with a cup of coffee. Plus, the service is exceptional. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Consistent excellence!robareVIPDined on 7/17/2014We have returned to Triomphe many times. The room is quite small, but elegant. Service is excellent. For theater-goers, they know to ask in advance and move things along without making you feel rushed. The food is great. Presentation is on par with the finest restaurants. Highly recommended...Special Features:
- HawkeyeVIPDined on 6/26/2014Very intimate, quiet room. Service outstanding. Food excellent?Special Features:
- Pricey but deliciousRosieSometimesDined on 6/21/2014We stopped by Triomphe for dessert and coffee after a Saturday matinee. We ended up ordering some small plates that were delicious.... the scallops were beautiful and the tuna carpaccio which included a small seaweed salad was exquisite. The service was very good. We sat in a corner booth where it was quiet and we could talk comfortably.Special Features:
- Excellent food reasonably pricedMkerryRDined on 6/17/2014Took a group of 7 out for dinner. Everyone was very happy with their food. The service was excellent, attentive, but not intrusive. Facility is small and intimate. Price was reasonable given the quality. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time aroundelkinsparkeatersDined on 6/14/2014We returned to Triomphe on Saturday June 15, 2014, and found it as delightful as the first time. The room is quiet and richly appointed. Of the three dishes we had (we both had the lobster entree), two were fabulous and the other was probably fabulous and not particularly to my liking. The sweetbread ravioli (first course was abundant, delicious and inventive. My salmon tartar two ways had too much of a citrus flavor for me, and I believe that was incorrect ordering for myself. The lobster dish was delicious and prepared perfectly. The wines by the glass (champagne and a nice Riesling) were fairly priced and very nice indeed. Our waiter was professional, and not intrusive. The greeting at the door and on the phone was friendly. Nice eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Grown-up Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/13/2014Whether it's for a pre-theater supper or a leisurely meal, Triomphe is wonderful place to dine. The room is intimate with tables spaced far enough apart that it's easy to talk and the food is fresh and inventive. An attentive staff attends to its guests without being overbearing and the whole experience is one of polished civility.
- Great business lunch!ZotpersonDined on 6/11/2014This was the perfect place for a business lunch. Easy to get to mid-town location, fantastic food and great service. It also didn't break the expense bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch Gone Wrongthn222Dined on 6/11/2014The quality of the food was OK, but for some reason we ordered at 12:45 PM on a regular Wednesday, and the entrees were served 4 minutes later. Appetizers came fast, but the gap between the appetizers and the entrees was so long that it made the whole experience a bit distasteful. I wouldn't go again.
- A NYC favoriteKjh4VIPDined on 6/9/2014Nice French find. Small neighborhood setting. Food is perfection. Wine list is terrific. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- Worth the trip!bojaillieDined on 5/30/2014My wife and I traveled from DC to NYC and dined at Triomphe as part of our weekend 25th anniversary celebration. I decided on Triomphe based on a web search and reviews and they did not disappoint! The food was outstanding and the service excellent. We had been apprised ahead of time that we'd be dining in the front room due to a private party and although the bar got a bit noisy at times, the atmosphere was romantic and we were certainly well tended to. We enjoyed the shaved fennel salad (delicious) and the harlequin soup (what a treat) for appetizers and would also recommend both entrees, the stuffed guinea hen and the red snapper, not to mention the lavender panna cotta with rhubarb sauce for dessert. Five stars. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/27/2014We can always depend on Triomphe to be delicious, beautiful and quiet enough to have a conversation. It is an oasis in a bustling citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1038 reviews are from the Triomphe reviews archive.
- Wonderful lunch!MCNYCDined on 5/23/2014We celebrated our anniversary with lunch at Triomphe, and they truly made it a special experience. The service was old-school charming, the food was delicious (especially the strawberry soup dessert) and the atmosphere was low-key and elegant. A quiet, hidden gem.Special Features:
- Great place for celebration dinnerElizaDined on 5/22/2014Our family met here for a special celebration dinner. Food was amazing, service was attentive and atmosphere was elegant and quiet. Truly delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special restaurantHPFrankDined on 5/21/2014We've had very nice lunches here in the past, but this was our first supper. It was the perfect dining experience. The room lighting was just right. My wife's appetizer was delicious almond crusted scallops. Mine was very nice white asparagus. Her main couse was stuffed quinoa cake with Cedric cheese. She loved it. I had brook trout with blue crab stuffing. It was beautifully presented, generous and one of the most delicious dishes that I've ever had. For desert, we each chose the three cheese selection (they also have five cheeses). It came with a delicate spread and wonderful breads. We were in 7th heaven. Service was friendly, attentive and professional. Importantly, everyone was nicely dressed (i.e. no slobs). We will be back.Special Features:
- A disappointiTng lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/21/2014I've not eaten at Triomphe for quite awhile, but remembered it as a lovely spot to take a client to lunch. I was very disappointed, as was my client, who had also been there in the past. The food was nothing special and the service was very annoying in that staff showed up overly frequently at our table and always while we were talking! While I appreciate attentiveness (and it's so unusual that I hate to complain), discretion and better timing would also be appreciated. The issue that will keep me from returning, however, is the disappointing meal (I had the snapper.)
- Cost to value ratio is offDDDDVIPDined on 5/20/2014Triomphe seeks to create an executive experience, but in the end, there was a mismatch between the desired and actual outcomes. Our lunch started off well ... my lobster bisque was light and flavorful. My guest had the quinoa veggie dish for her main (she enjoyed it very much), and I had a fish in a light broth. My fish arrived far under-cooked (I enjoy rare fish, but this was part sushi). A replacement was better, but the broth only slightly added flavor and the veggies were far too plain. I found the flavors to be totally lacking, and while probably a healthy low-cal meal, I've enjoyed similar plates elsewhere with a more memorable taste. Desserts were good. The $125 (with tip) bill for lunch was steep for this "just okay" experience.
- Wonderful and elegant!GalicianRoseVIPDined on 5/18/2014I've written many glowing reviews of this place and in my opinion, it's worthy of the praise. I stopped by again this past weekend for breakfast. This time however, I opted for something different on the menu. I normally select the waffle or brioche French toast, but on Sunday I decided to try the Greek yogurt parfait. I received a very generous serving of yogurt, complete with granola, honey, dried fruit, nuts, berries and tropical fresh fruit. It was very satisfying especially since I later spent a few hours shopping at Macy's. Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet nightCtdinerVIPDined on 5/13/2014Took two female companions, and although at 630 on a Tueday night there was only one other couple, we had read the reviews and weren't concerned about the lack of a crowd. We are glad we stayed. And glad we tasted the scallops.. Luscious. And the white asparagus was crisp and fresh, the accompanying sauce was just common. The stuffed trout was amazing, and the lamb was smooth and perfectly cooked. No room for dessert. One note.. My companions are always looking for places a woman exec can take another woman for dinner.. This is the place. A little too romantic, they felt to take a male client. Worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater District ( east) "find"BobLVIPDined on 5/8/2014I've been to Kellari on w44th many times as had my dinner companion, so I gave Triomphe a try. The food, ambience and service were very good, especially for a "hotel restauant". The name may be French, but the menu was very varied, so it wouldn't be hard to please a large group. The rom is small but the noise level is very low thanks to the design and furnishings. the staff weere very attentive and patient ( we took a long time to order).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience!RoseDined on 5/6/2014It was our wedding anniversary and the restaurant really lived up to our expectations. We were give a glass of champagne to celebrate, and the food and wine that followed were outstanding. The service was very efficient, but also friendly. A really wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Almost thereJustFolksVIPDined on 5/5/2014This is my third visit to Triomphe. The decor has always been lovely, and the food, always good, has gotten progressively better, as has the service. My one quibble is that it can still be surprisingly noisy: must have something to do with the acoustics, since the tables are not closely spaced. Still, all in all, a really excellent place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in NYCgibsongirlVIPDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant is a gem--a small, elegant room with delicious food and superb service. It's location is close enough to the theaters without being in the Times Square chaos. You can have a conversation without raising your voice. The menu is innovative with a nice mix of small and large plates. We have been several times and will return.Special Features:
- Fantastic breakfast in the city!GalicianRoseVIPDined on 4/27/2014This past Sunday I enjoyed another sweet and savory breakfast at one of my most beloved places to dine in NYC. I opted for the Belgian waffle and some coffee; my mother selected the pastry basket (accompanied by berries and tropical fruit) and a cup of coffee as well. I highly recommend this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at TriomphekikiDined on 4/26/2014The service was excellent and the ambience was so quaint and quiet. Our server was at our beck and call and met our every dining need including some enjoyable add-ons for being a guest at the hotel (The Iroquois - wonderful). The food was devine and just enough to fill the tummy and palate needs. Will definitely visit the restaurant when I stay at the hotel again. AND we also had breakfast in the morning - the food is as fresh as you can get - no fillers there - LOVED ITSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedUMichFanVIPDined on 4/25/2014Disappointing experience given the price. The food was bland, the fish portions very small. The service, which was almost overly attentive at the beginning of the meal, flagged near the end....puzzling given that it was time to get to the theater. There were some nice. Touches for sure-ambience was pleasant, the bread was delicious, the chocolate brownie dessert was credible. So nothing terrible, but given the price and the availability of other restaurants in the vicinity, I would not seek to go back.
- Pass the seasoningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/18/2014Food was under seasoned, bland. The lobster was overcooked. A disappointing meal.
- Quality, Quiet Pre-theater gemTamio888Dined on 4/15/2014Very nice old-school French. Efficacious service accompanies classic French whie-tablecloth classics. Nice wine list. Pricey, but, you can see where the money is going - into the food and the skilled preparation.Special Features: