Trio Rhode Island
15 Kingstown Road
Narragansett, RI 02882Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Trio Rhode Island
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trio-ri.com/
- Phone: 4017924333x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 4pm - 9pm
Friday 4pm - 10pm
Saturday noon - 10pm
Sunday noon - 9pm, with live music on the patio 4 - 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Gaudreau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Trio is the ideal setting for private, social and corporate functions accommodating groups up to 40 guests. Our outdoor patio is adjacent to our private dining room creating an enjoyable al fresco space for entertaining. Our experienced staff will assist you in every step of planning your event and will customize each detail to create a unique and memorable experience.
- Private Party Contact: Ashlee Clark 888-759-5557x
A word from Trio Rhode Island
Located just steps from Narragansett Bay, Trio brings the warmth and tradition of Sunday’s family dinner back en vogue. An open-air kitchen showcases wood-fired ovens that emit aromas of basil and freshly baked dough; the wood-fired grill is adorned with chops, steaks and seafood, while pasta is being freshly made before your eyes. Outside, enjoy al fresco dining just steps away from the beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Trio Rhode Island - Best Restaurants in Narragansett ›
Trio Rhode Island reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (88)neighborhood gem (87)fit for foodies (63)good for groups (53)vibrant bar scene (52)special occasion (49)hot spot (40)kid-friendly (31)scenic view (29)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (23)romantic (23)late-night find (17)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Wonderful bolognesedianeDined on 10/24/2014Our server was excellent. Food was great and very generous portions. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- FabulousTaDaDined on 10/22/2014Took the staff out for a "thank you" dinner and had a wonderful experience. Food was terrific, the restaurant was beautiful and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We love Trio. It's our go-to restaurant every week.Special Features:
- Great South County diningGB80Dined on 10/18/2014We've been to Trio a number of times and it never disappoints. We were fortunate to have Sarah as a waitress who was outstanding. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goose Martini & blue cheese olives!12hrdriveDined on 10/10/2014Thanks to a smart up to date business owner having "open table", my wife and I were very pleased to have found such a surprise nestled off the main strip and rightfully so. I've been to the typical hotspot by the sea as we've passed through R.I. Over the years, however, will always return now the obtain this wonderful little gem for another total experience at Trio. Thanks Patrick & DonnaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outLoveRIDined on 10/8/2014Delicious food with beautiful presentation. Waiter was spot on. Attentive, but not hovering; polite and helpful when we had questions about the menu; apologized for very slight delay in bringing a drink order; and did not make us feel rushed at all. Plenty of parking in lot or street and close to the most beautiful beach in the state.Special Features:
- Wednesday Night DealSueduxDined on 10/8/2014If you are looking for a great mid week deal, go to Trio. Every entree is $17.95 and that includes the filet. It came out piping hot and cooked perfectly. the mashed potatoes and veggies were also delicious and hot. It was fresh from the kitchen, not sitting under a heater. The bread was nice and warm and our wait server kept replenishing our water. Wine list is ver good and a good selection to choose from. Going back again next week. Nice mid week treat.Special Features:
- Outstanding Wednesday DinnerlovetodineDined on 10/8/2014Again, my companions and I were impressed with Trio, The Wednesday Dinner Special - all entrees are $17.95, including the Filet Mignon which on other days, is $37.95!! We all had steak this time around- the filet and sirloin- absolutely delicious!! Our calamari appetizer was also tasty. On another occasion, we had the capellini with shrimp - again, delicious! The service was excellent, too. If you want a table on a Wednesday, you need to go early, or make a reservation because so many people have found out about this tremendous offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighbor GemMarleneVIPDined on 10/7/2014We love Trio because it is right down the street from where we live, can make a reservation any time and the food and service are exceptionally good.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRebeccaDined on 10/4/2014My boyfriend and I visited Trio to celebrate our anniversary, as it's our favorite in the area. Everything was great as always. Sam was our server, and gave us some great recommendations. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining!casualcookncriticDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I picked this restaurant solely based on internet reviews. We were not disappointed, and in fact, we were absolutely delighted with our dinner experience. The atmosphere is warm and inviting, the service was some of the best we have ever had, and the food was fabulous. Our appetizer, the meatballs, came quickly and was hot and delicious. Our entrees also came in a timely manner and were cooked to perfection. Would highly recommend, and hope to go back when we can see the view (it was dark and pouring rain the evening we were there). Wish we lived closer!Special Features:
- Trio in early OctoberBostonVIPDined on 10/3/2014Excellent fish dishes (puffy fish & chips with really fresh cole slaw)...just the right level of activity in the room...nice spacing on tables...friendly, helpful service. Perfect for a Friday night in early October with their gas fireplaces taking the chill off. Bravo.Special Features:
- FoodEnthusiast2Dined on 9/28/2014I became aware of this restaurant by attending 2 social functions there. On both occasions I was very impressed by the atmosphere, food and service. This time it was lunch and I enjoyed it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentJEM02882VIPDined on 9/24/2014The Newport Restaurant Group list of restaurants is outstanding and Trio's is on the top of that wonderful list. The food and atmosphere are consistently excellent. The wait staff is very well trained and always professional and attentive.Special Features:
- Always On Top of Their GameJEM02882VIPDined on 9/17/2014We seem to enjoy Tiro's even more every time we go. The food is fantastic and they are consistently providing special offers to make the evening easy on the wallet. The waitstaff is the most knowledgeable and professional that you will find.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014we live in Narragansett so it's like our neighborhood spot to go and we are never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty meal Good ServiceDoodlelover1Dined on 9/13/2014Went here recently with five others to celebrate a birthday. The food came quickly and everyone was satisfied. Our waiter was pleasant and attentive, I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-Free GemOzcathyDined on 9/6/2014They have a separate gluten-free menu with many selections. The Pork Loin was delicious. The other group members ate off the regular menu. All thoroughly enjoying their selections. The service was really good, there when you need something but not invasive. A lovely evening was had by all. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Raw FiletOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Party of 4 with 2 having filet mignon ordered medium to med/well done. Both arrived very rare and had to be sent back. Did not receive our steaks to well after the other couple had completely finished their meals. We were given deserts on the house for the error but it seemed the steaks should have been given back to us so much sooner. Restaurant was very noisy
- A good experienceMamaDined on 9/6/2014We had reservations at 5 but decided to go early and they easily accommodated us. It was very quiet but very few tables were occupied at that time.The food was very good, though we ordered more lunch food than dinner, and the service was cordial. We will definitely go there again perhaps for a more formal dinner!Special Features:
- TerrificJEM02882VIPDined on 9/3/2014From beginning to end we had a terrific evening. We had made reservations and were seated immediately upon arrival. The restaurant was full and active and yet our server was at our table within a couple of minutes. She took our drink order and was professional enough to allow us time to enjoy our drinks before taking our dinner order. My wife and I both had the filet mignon and were extremely pleased. Both orders were cooked perfectly. The portions of meat were very generous and were accompanied by wonderful sides.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceFrescaDined on 9/1/2014Although I live in the area this was my first visit to Trio, I brought friends visiting from Marin County, CA. We each enjoyed our meals, the patio dining experience and the thoughtful care of our waitperson. One friend had the lobster tortoloni and LOVED it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the expensive side but worth it!MountainMermaidVIPDined on 9/1/2014Loved the choices of fresh seafood. Wine list was decent. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Chicken Marsala was tough and over cooked. Linguini with clams was bland. Extremely loud both inside and our at dinner time. Waitress was distracted by young men at next table.
- Trio is excellent!BilldpDined on 8/29/2014Our recent dinner (for 4 of us) at Trio and made through OPEN TABLE was excellent on all counts. As usual, a very interesting and varied menu, good service and excellent, well- prepared food. A most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great location, good foodajc73Dined on 8/28/2014Sit on the deck and see the Narragansett towers while you eat. Great menu with lots of kid friendly and gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette Late Night DinnerRebeccaDined on 8/23/2014Our bachelorette plan was to go to dinner in Newport, but I encouraged the group to drive the extra few minutes to Trio as it's one of my favorite restaurants. Everyone loved it! As usual, great food, great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Perfect Date Two Years in a RowTravelingdinerDined on 8/22/2014This is our second trip to Trio and it certainly didn't disappoint. My husband is disabled and the staff was more than eager to accommodate our wheelchair and special needs. We ordered the calamari appetizer, remembering it from last year. We were disappointed that they had discontinued the chili glaze, but it was still delicious. Especially notable is that when my Flat Iron Steak was served without a steak knife, I whispered to my husband "I hope this is tender." It was, but half way through using my butter knife to cut my steak, the manager breezed through with a knife and a smile. We only go out on one date each year and we look forward to next year's visit! Perhaps we'll get that same table a third time, it's like they remember us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencehungry4uDined on 8/19/2014This was my third visit to Trio and the very best. The food was extra delicious, (the freshest seafood), the service was outstanding and the martinis were awesome. Everything just flowed like it should and honestly, I didn't want to leave. Ended up in Newport the next night, and our meal there wasn't even comparable. You should seriously consider opening up a restaurant there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/19/2014Trio was recommended by the owner of our summer rental but still we were not expecting this perfect dining experience. We were a party of three generations with teenage grandchildren and one vegan. The menu was so varied that everyone was more than satisfied. The service was superb. Very friendly yet very professional. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always EnjoyableCtvisitorDined on 8/18/2014It is always a pleasure eating and dining here. We make the drive from Mystic up to Narragansett often to eat here. Food and Service top-notch. Well done again Trio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family of 4 at TrioTurk1004Dined on 8/17/2014We've been to Trio before on our trips to Rhode Island, it's right across from out hotel and is so convenient. Not to be missed, the food is amazing and well priced, you get a lot for your money. The pizza, pasta, and salad we had were all superb. We loved the outdoor patio and the band playing!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantGoodFoodDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I ate here for our anniversary. The wait staff was fantastic and the food was delicious. We will definitely be going back soonSpecial Features:
- Food, atmosphere, service, the bestMoose56Dined on 8/15/2014My favorite restaurant in the area. Food is great. Menu changes but great standbys remain. And terrific friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!kat1974Dined on 8/14/2014We have been going to Trio for the last five years and love it. My husband always gets the crab cakes and I always have the chowder. Both are delicious! We will continue to come next summer when we visit Rhode Island!Special Features:
- A Great Neighbor RestaurantMarleneVIPDined on 8/13/2014Trio is right down the street from us. We love going there because it is easy to make a reservation. The service is great and the food is delicious no matter what you order. We bring friends and relatives there all the time. You can enjoy eating inside or outside.Special Features:
- Wide menu, everything very goodMadameXDined on 8/13/2014The menu has some of everything to please a variety or tastes and moods, all very well prepared and tasty. Excellent, friendly, professional service. The menu has a lot of variety, from simpler burgers and sandwiches, grilled seafood, filet mignon, and salads to more creative items, such as more complicated seafood dishes, pastas, etc. Excellent starters focused on seafood, including top-rate stuffed clams. Noteworthy bar menu, wine list, etc. Desserts are delish! Reasonable prices for the quality of the food. Three dining areas -- a dining room, a bar area with high tables, and the outdoor terrace. The dining terrace has a view of the famous Narragansett Towers and seaside beyond, but is not right on the water.Special Features:
- 1st visitKimmer13Dined on 8/12/2014The food was delishious! One of the best Clam Chowder soups, I've had. Cocktail shrimps were JUMBO! Good variety on kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service, locationjisaac100Dined on 8/12/2014Our first trip to Trio, we brought an out of town guest (a caterer in Ohio). It was a Tuesday evening & we made a reservation an hour ahead of time. We were immediately seated & had our choice of indoor or outdoor. We chose outdoor. We had attentive wait staff - not pushy but easily accessible at all times. Menu had a good variety and decent wine list. Had the calamari appetizer & it was great - light and tasty. I had the scallops entree & it was good - not great - beautiful presentation but not as flavorful as I would have expected. DH had the Shrimp - a huge dish and he ate it all, loved it. Our friend had the chowder & licked it clean as well as the Shrimp & Grits appetizer and loved it all. We will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Poor ServicevocyrDined on 8/11/2014We had a memorable dinner here but not all for the right reasons. We were seated in a great banquet. After ordering a 3 course with wine pairings and a cheese course to go with cocktails. At one point we had full cocktails, a cheese course, our appetizers and half of the table had its wine pairing. Service was horrendous and stayed that way through the entire meal, even after a visit by the manager. Our foods kept over lapping and the wine service was never completed. The final was they messed up the splitting of the bill. Beautiful food served in a nice place but service was horrendous.