Trio Restaurant - Charlotte
10709 McMullen Creek Parkway
Charlotte, NC 28226Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Trio Restaurant - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trio-charlotte.com/
- Phone: 7045418000
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10:00am - 2:30pm
Monday - Saturday 11:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday 2:30pm - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: James Jamey Bailey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Trio Restaurant - Charlotte
Trio provides a blend of traditional and contemporary foods. Salads, sandwiches, pizzas, steak, seafood and pasta all house made and served in a cozy and unique dining environment. You may choose to dine in a lively bar area, in cozy booths with views of the landscaped outdoors, in an open central area with linen-dressed tables and our warm wood-burning pizza oven, in a semi-private room, or "al fresco" on our patio. Our restaurant is a smoke-free establishment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Trio Restaurant - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Trio Restaurant - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (17)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (3)romantic (3)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Trio - a longtime favoriteTrioafavoriteDined on 10/24/2014Consistently great food and derive, year after year. One of our longtime favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoctailsMaryDined on 10/24/2014You didn't have a specific espresso coffee for our out of town guests. Was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great start.BriannaDined on 10/8/2014The food was delicious. We both had pasta dishes which both had good portions and tasted great and the service was excellent. The restaurant itself is a little dated but we were still comfortable. The only downfall to this restaurant was the host staff. They were short with us and a bit rude. Obviously, that was my perception of it but as a hostess myself, I was disappointed with their approach.
- JenHDined on 10/1/2014I love Trio restaurant. Great establishment that is consistent and has great service. Great go to place for affordable upscale meal without breaking the bank.Special Features:
- Lots of potentialCharlotteDined on 9/14/2014Trio was fine, the food was good, the service friendly, the atmosphere was comfortable. Seems like they have everything in place, but it could be better. I'd eat there again if in the area.
- Queen City FoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014I read several reviews about this restaurant. Very good food. I would recommend it. I had the shrimp and grits.Special Features:
- A great find of a restauranttmgbuf8056Dined on 9/8/2014As I travel often with my husband on his trips I try to find a restaurant which has good, fresh, cooked on site, healthy choices type of a restaurants. Trio Restaurant is one I will return to often when in Charlotte, NC. There are many freshly cooked meal choices for all. Various types of seating so if you just want to be with the one you come with for a discussion there are small booths away from others. Service is excellent. I had a Salmon with vegies and it also had potatoes, but as I am not eating potatoes, bread or pasta they graciously substituted another vegie which was cooked and seasoned perfectly. This restaurant would also be great for a larger group of business travelers. Prices were appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantAnnieDined on 8/30/2014Trio is always consistent in service and food! We visit weekly and always feel welcomed.Special Features:
- Great spot!globaldinerDined on 8/19/2014Group of six friends (mature adults) reconnecting after 20 years of separation. Food was great - booth for 6 allowed good conversation. Server was a bit too casual - but not unacceptably. All in all a great night! Six different menu items and all rated well above average - with two "wonderfuls"!Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerFoodIsFunDined on 7/26/2014Great dinner experience at Trio during Restaurant Week. Saturday night was quite busy but we were not in a hurry. Wait staff was very friendly and helpful. Atmosphere was relaxing but a little noisy. We would return and recommend Trio to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GatorDined on 7/26/2014Trio is what Charlotte restaurant week is all about. We had a great time there. We have driven by it several times in our travels. Thanks to the unique menu offered during restaurant week, we decided to give it a try. So glad we did! Excellent all the way down the line. It has become one of our keepers. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portion to smallDisappointedDined on 7/26/2014I came here for restaurant week 1st time. I was not impress. The portion was to small. The steak was nice and tender but had no flavor at all. The asparagus were to tender and the mash potato was like I would make it at home, nothing exciting for the cost. Dessert was pityful. It was my husband birthday and they did not acknowledge it and yes I put it down when I made my reservation. Don't think I will be back.
- Trio Review6082Dined on 7/26/2014When we went to Trio, it was the first time we had been there. It wasn't what we were expecting. The pan seared scallops were really good, but that was about the only thing that we liked throughout our dinner. My husband had ordered a medium well steak, but the steak was well done. The rice that came with the tempura lobster tasted like there was some type of sweetner in it, It was too sweet to finish eating. I do not think I will go back to this restaurant.
- FoodieandtheFianceDined on 7/23/2014The scallops on the appetizer portion of menu were absolutely to die for. However, the rest of the meal was just so-so. While the presentation of each course was spot-on, the food was mediocre. The "Tempura Fried Lobster Tails and Sesame Shrimp & Scallops" was dressed in the most commercial of Asian sweet & sour sauces. The server asked me if I "wanted to keep my fork" during a multi-course meal. I had no where to put my used utensil - except on the table (which made both the table and the fork dirty). Ultimately, we regretted choosing Trio as one of our restaurant week picks. In hindsight, we should have compared the restaurant week menu to the regular menu to see that it is much more casual than the Queen's Feast menu might suggest.
- Restaurant WeekCaraDined on 7/23/2014Never can you go wrong at Trio's. They are very consistent!!! Love the menu, the staff are knowledgeable and efficient. Always happy and excited to dine thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value for moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Trio. The food was good and well prepared, and the service was excellent. We plan to eat there again.Special Features:
- Casual but Gourmet!QueenBandCDined on 7/19/2014We were not sure what to expect, but Trio was a pleasant surprise! The menu was creative and varied. All dishes were flavorful and served at a relaxed but appropriate pace. Waitress was knowledgeable and friendly. We will definitely return to sample more of their dishes.Special Features:
- okToddDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I dined at Trio during Restaurant Week. Our waitress was very good and they were accommodating in offering substitutions. The food was good....not great, except for the dessert. We both had the chocolate pie, which I honestly believe was a frozen Edwards pie.Special Features:
- Good Time!susanbDined on 7/18/2014Had a great experience here during Queen's Feast. "Better" restaurants have not been very good during Queens Feast. They tend to cut corners and prepare specialty items ahead to get people through. Here the entrees were the same as the regular menu and they tried their best to impress. Had a great dinner!Special Features:
- Good ExperienceDianaDined on 7/17/2014We had a party of five for dinner on a Thursday evening. The service was good and the staff was responsive to questions regarding the origins of the food. We shared the calamari appetizer which was very good and each person had a good sampling. Three of the party had the lobster ravioli and two had the Carolina Trout and all were pleased with their dinner. I don't remember the name of the dessert but it was an almond brittle nest with ice cream which was very good. Overall I would recommend this restaurant.
- Always GoodFoodiesMom1Dined on 7/9/2014So glad that Trio's is close to where I live. It is always good and I always leave feeling relaxed and appreciated. This last visit I had the spinach salad. Yum. My lunch companions also enjoyed their salads and one even ordered a meal to take home for dinner. This was a celebration so I brought a special bottle of wine and the corkage fee was a very reasonable $10.00. If you have not been you should give it a try. The chef is the owner and his attention to meal preparation is obvious.Special Features:
- The following 154 reviews are from the Trio Restaurant - Charlotte reviews archive.
- Good meal at TrioMCollinsVIPDined on 6/24/2014Neighborhood dinging at its best. Small enough to feel somewhat homey but with a nice, varied menu. Couple I was with have been coming here for years. I would recommend and would return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014We had a party of twelve and the food and service was very good. I would recommend Trios.Special Features:
- What a GREAT resturant!TrioRegularsDined on 6/14/2014I have dined at Trio on and off for 11 years. The FIRST thing I love about Trio is it is NOT a chain resturant. The SECOND thing is that the food is always good, the varitey of the menue is great - there is always something for everybody in the party. THIRD and last is the relaxed atmosphere cor comfortable dining and a great wait staff always make my experience at Trio a positive one.Special Features:
- Very goodusc4evrDined on 6/7/2014Everything was great. Our server was a little distracted so only 4 stars there, but the food was fantastic. Be sure and save room for the baked Alaska.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdated decorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014Outdated decor,old and dirty carpet ,and dry tasteless pizza. We havent been here for 14 years ,and nothing has changed.Same old chairs,tables,and lighting,not to mention the dirty carpet floors. Last Chance!
- Lunch with friendsfamoffiveVIPDined on 5/22/2014Accomodated our reservation ...nice outdoor table in the shade ( no fans, but ok on this day). Good service . Tried the turkey burger...interesting flavor and would get again. Would like to see a veggie Burger on the menu too.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor seating!EATSOUTSIDEDined on 5/14/2014Trio has a great outdoor patio! It's very private...can see the road a bit in the background, but not too loud or distracting. It was exactly what we were seeking for our lunch for a colleague.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunnclandmanDined on 5/6/2014Hi, I went with two friends to celebrate a birthday and it was great. This is my third time here and the staff is so friendly, the food is so varied and excellent and we love sitting out on the shaded deck. Wyn FloSpecial Features:
- HurdyDined on 4/27/2014Jim at the bar took great care of us. The food is good and is very reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceJ4444VIPDined on 4/27/2014Man, the country-fried buttermilk chicken is what I get EVERY time I go here and this time was no disappointment. Our server (either names Mike or Dave) was one of the best I've had. He handled out table of 6 with 2 kids and my hard-to-please parents wonderfully. It had been a while since we have beento Trio and now we're thinking we need to make sure to return again soon!Special Features:
- Mother in laws 90th birthday,sritterbuiltDined on 4/5/2014Mother in laws 90th birthday, everyone (12) enjoyed their meal and Matt was excellent as our server and the birthday girl had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a friendJaneDined on 4/3/2014Met a friend at Trio's for a quick lunch. It was her first trip to the restaurant. We were seated immediately and greeted by our server who was knowledgeable of the menu and attentive with her service. My cheeseburger was cooked to perfection, and so was my friend's pizza. Trio's is a handy neighborhood spot for lunch, which is the meal I eat most often there. Try it!Special Features:
- Great local restaurantMamaDuckDined on 3/22/2014We went to Trio recently with the in-laws and our two kids. We were seated promptly at a great round table away from the main action, which was great as the in-laws are hard of hearing. The server was great, and did an excellent job of taking care of our little group of 6. Trio offers a variety of food so that there is something for everyone. One of the things I like are their monthly specials - to change up the regular menu. The food is reasonably priced and you receive ample portions to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service made it an outstandingKarenDined on 3/5/2014David was patient and courteous serving a table of four .... Two who were elderly and on walkers. I appreciated the hostess paying attention to my request when I made the reservations on line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service! OurLibbyandMikeDined on 2/28/2014Great food and service! Our waiter, David, was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all-roundEpikureDined on 2/28/2014Good variety of menu choices, reasonable prices, stylish casual atmosphere, it's just a pleasant place to go with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great variety of food choices.TarHeelBelleDined on 2/23/2014Great places to meet friends. Lots of healthy food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestSunnySideUp14Dined on 2/15/2014Well, seeing as how I'm at Trio at least twice a week, that pretty much sums up how much I love dining there. Reminds me of a Carly Simon song....."Nobody does it better......." In all the years I've been going to Trio (it's my home away from home), I have never had a meal that was not A-1. My thanks to Gary, Greg and everyone who works at Trio.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere! A nice, casual, family-friendly, reasonably priced restaurant. Great quality food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.