Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs
707 North Palm Canyon
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.triopalmsprings.com/
- Phone: 7608648746x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11am - 3pm; Brunch Saturday & Sunday: 10am - 3pm; Dinner Sunday - Thursday: 3pm - 10pm; Friday: 3pm - 11pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Van Laanen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private raised area in the front of the restaurant that is great for private parties of up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Tony 8772633930
A word from Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs
Where Palm Springs Eat's & Drink's. Located in the the Uptown Design District. An energetic, desert-casual atmosphere and great American modern food at reasonable prices - A place where anyone can come in, sit down and feel at home. Where the locals hangout, eat, drink and have fun. Experience Cocktail hour in the bar from 11am-7pm, $3 Well, $5 Martini's, Margarita's, Mojitos and featuring The Uptown Design District 3 course prix fixe for only $19 from 11am to 6pm 7 days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (140)good for groups (124)hot spot (123)special occasion (114)fit for foodies (111)vibrant bar scene (108)great for lunch (84)great for outdoor dining (65)great for brunch (52)romantic (45)late-night find (26)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (9)Show More
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The prix fixe menu is amazing...mac and cheese the best!Special Features:
- You will go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I've been to Trio every time I have visited Palm Springs. The food is exceptional and the service is always great! The restaurant has an attractive vibe and is always a popular location for locals and tourists. You will definitely go back if you try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing findSF0772VIPDined on 8/30/2014Local favorite, amazing good, service is great... But a little rushed and hectic. Tough to be a chick there.. Staff favors men.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabooKMacDined on 8/30/2014One of our favorite places to go in Palm Springs, a MUST when we are in town.Special Features:
- Better beforeflacoDined on 8/30/2014We have dined at Trio's since you first opened up and we have to say that we have recommended friends and family but for some reason our recent experience was not great like in the past. Perhaps you are getting too popular and the quality and service is suffering from your growth....still will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014This used to be a go to place. The food comes out just too fast, yes too fast to be anything more than warmed up. They need to cook the food when you get there not reheat leftovers.
- Favorite Palm Springs eateryMikenRickDined on 8/28/2014This is our go to restaurant. The staff is always super friendly. The wait staff is attentive and the service excellent.Special Features:
- elyseDined on 8/25/2014Good as always. Great service. Food was wonderful. Very satisfying. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Fun!!WonderfulfunDined on 8/24/2014The food was marvelous and $19 3 course menu. Fish tacos, calamari, mushroom pasta and fresh fish on couscous...all terrific. The service is attentive, friendly and knows their stuff. I mean the best. We will be back.Special Features:
- uno reviewerunoreviewerDined on 8/24/2014Great happy hour; excellent dinner menu choices; great calamari appetizer and homemade brownie desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super AccommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014I came to Palm Springs from out of town to celebrate my best friend and fiance's birthdays. The service was great and they couldn't have accommodated more. I had two custom birthday cakes delivered to TRIO the day of the dinner and the staff took care of the cakes perfectly. I couldn't be more happy with how helpful and friendly the staff was. A great place to eat and drink and throw a birthday dinner. Food was great and all the guest found something that fit their tastes. Would recommend this place over and over again.Special Features:
- THE spot in Palm Springs!RubeDined on 8/23/2014The service is great and friendly. The food is wonderful, prepared fresh, served with a smile and the prices are reasonable. What more can you want!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio TastiesBobspicksDined on 8/23/2014First visit. Loved it. Quality, portions and service outstanding. Our party of four arrive early, was immediately seated. We selected from the "Pick Three" menu. I had the BBQ pork, 5 cheese Mac n cheese and a vanilla sundae. The M&C was served in a huge bowl, was tasty and filled me to the gills. My wife had a salad and fried calamari. The calamari was amazing (next time for me - she was not sharing too much). Price was good for volume and quality. I counted no less than 14 waiters who were moving about frequently to ensure customers were satisfied.Special Features:
- Love TrioKMacDined on 8/20/2014One of my favorite places to dine when I am in Palm Springs.
- Artful Dining SpaceNathanVIPDined on 8/17/2014Trio has an upscale interior with beautiful art on the walls. There were five people in our group. Two ordered the beet salad that was delicious. The bread was also very good. Two of us ordered spare ribs; they had a spicy barbecue sauce that was sweet and tangy. However, they were falling off the bone, which one of us liked, but I like more toothsome ribs. My wife only had two sides for dinner: macaroni & cheese (exceptional) and creamed spinach (OK). The linguini with mushrooms pleased my grandson, and the shrimp with pineapple was liked by my granddaughter even though it was too spicy for her. All-in-all, it is a unique spot for dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large noisy parties overrun TriodesertdinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014We left just after we ordered. Upon arriving the women in front told the maitre d that there were part of the party of 18. We were seated next to a party of 12. Not just noisy, but streaks and screams. We asked the manager to see if they could control the noise. She agreed that there was a problem, but that the owners wanted to keep the large parties. Sure large groups are important to a restaurant, but shouldn't common sense dictate a limit. One party of 18, plus another large group, plus 12 near us. She said that she couldn't tell people to keep the noise down. We were far from the only diners who were annoyed. Too bad, as locals we always supported this restaurant, but no more. Rated Trio "energetic", no other options.
- Not going backLAJim67Dined on 8/16/2014We had been told the place was 'hip and trendy' but I guess that means loud, disorganized and slow service. First, we made a reservation thru Open Table but weren't seated until 10 minutes after our reservation time. Our waiter, Alex, was fine but while our appetizers came out quickly, it took much longer for our entrees to show up but we were never told our food was coming or kitchen was backed up, which would have made the waiting okay. (My husband is in the restaurant business and knows things get backed up). Overall, the food was fine -- nothing special but not horrible. There were 3 bachelorette groups there at the same time and even getting our check took a long time. Not the worst experience but not one I would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Bachelorette PartyMakaLoveDined on 8/16/2014Went with 5 other girls for a bachelorette party. Trio had a great vibe/atmosphere. Very modern. Girls got the lamb shank and the Mac&Cheese. The lamb shank was so tender that it fell right off the bone. The flavor was amazing! The Mac&Cheese, out of this world! Let's just say, what one person couldn't finish, the other girls devoured! It was gone. The portions were big enough I could have shared. The service was great too. Victoria was our waitress and she was sweet and very helpful. The restaurant also offered us a specialized cake for the bachelorette when I had made the reservation. They are very accommodating. If in Palm Springs again, I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Palm Springs Find.Foodie4LifeDined on 8/16/2014After checking out all the reviews, my husband and I decided to try this place out for ourselves. We were glad we did! The place had a fun, hip ambience with a friendly staff that was very prompt and attentive. The food was fantastic! We did the 3-course Uptown Prix Fixe Menu, which was plenty of food for the two of us. We would definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- Consistently goodDudeDined on 8/16/2014We live out of town and make frequent trips to Palm Springs. On many occasions we take friends to trio and know it will always be top notch, service, food, and wine are consistently at the top.Special Features:
- Fab as alwaysWonderfulVIPDined on 8/15/2014Trio always serves yummy food in a great and fun environment. It's a happening place that is fun to dine in or just stop in at the bar for some great cocktails and nibbles. The service is always excellent. Can't miss here!!Special Features:
- Over-ratedCodymDined on 8/14/2014I had much higher expectations for this place based on the word of mouth and reviews I had read. It felt like it was furnished by ikea, the food was nothing special, though they had some interesting dishes. Service was friendly and upbeat but server had way too many tables and we felt like we spent most of the night waiting for him to tend to us. I wouldn't recommend this place as there are much more interesting places to dine in Palm Springs.Special Features:
- Always goodArtnJoeVIPDined on 8/13/2014Brought a friend for their first time to eat at Trio. Food was great, romantic way to celebrate a one month anniversary.Special Features:
- Great local spotFoodISFunVIPDined on 8/12/2014The restaurant seems to always have a good vibe going. I like that we frequently run into friends or easily meet new ones. The food is consistent with good variety, although the fish special was exceptionally good. Staff is fun and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio great as usualtomronVIPDined on 8/10/2014service was good; food was excellent; drinks good; wine good at a popular priceSpecial Features:
- Superb Service, Excellent foodDiningForPleasureDined on 8/9/2014We discovered Trio based on a recommendation from a friend, and we have now made it one of our must stops when we are in town. The atmosphere is fantastic, the food out of this world, and the service is personal, friendly and expedient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingkauaiguysDined on 8/9/2014This was our first time here, and we were looking forward to dinner. However, we were disappointed in the quality of the food ... and could not eat much of our meals. This has rarely happened to us .... and we have been to numerous restaurants in Palm Springs. Service felt very rushed ... trying to get folks in and out .... Not what we expected for a Saturday night out as a couple.
- Great spot!ChrisMDined on 8/8/2014Found this spot online and was extremely impressed! Could not believe how quickly the food came out AND was cooked perfectly. And I mean fast! The lamb shank with goat cheese mashed potatoes and pork chop were to die for. Lamb was falling off the bone and the pork chop was brined perfectly. Service was also impeccable and staff extremely friendly. Will definitely hit this spot next time I'm in town. One note: If you're looking for a romantic evening or date night, I recommend requesting a booth or perimeter table, otherwise can be loud trying to talk across the table. FYI returned for brunch this morning. Cocktails and food was yet again nothing short of fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Absolutely loved our dinner here. The wait staff was incredible and the food was amazing. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a date night or just a perfect dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceNormaDined on 8/8/2014$19 prix fixe menu is a great deal as well as many a la carte choices... Vibrant, colorful atmosphere... Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love TriofargodaveDined on 8/6/2014Trio is one of our "must do" restaurants when we travel to Palm Springs four to five times a year. Food is always good (though they need to put the Curry Chicken Salad back on the menu!), the service is attentive without being annoying. Great happy hour in the bar. The art on the walls is always changing and ads to the specialness of the place. Be sure to sign up for the frequent eater card - and don't leave it at home!Special Features:
- ReliableBillSDined on 8/6/2014Consistently very good, excellent menu, attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Dinner at TrioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014If you go for dinner - try the Australian Sole - it's FANTASTIC.Special Features:
- Good for bachelorettesspartyDined on 8/2/2014We were at least 1 of 4-5 bachelorette parties there, so if that's what you're looking for, great spot. They seem to know this (even if you don't tell them ahead) so they put bachelorette-type decorations on the table. Food was super tasty, American type food. Veggie burger was delicious and the fried artichoke -yum! In fact we were so full that it was hard to get the drinks down and party on after. I called about 1.5 hrs before our reservation to push it back by an hour on a Saturday night -- and they accommodated us. Big bonus pts for me on that.Special Features:
- Trio is fun and tasty!JoyBoyDined on 8/2/2014Two friends and I had dinner at Trio last Saturday night, the fried artichoke hearts are great, my steak was good, the service was terrific! I'm going back next Saturday night and really look forward to it. Our waiter, Dominic, is super, funny and really on his game. It's a place to be!!!Special Features:
- always greatPSRodVIPDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I have always enjoyed Trio. Trio is well managed and staffed by competent people who provide good service and good food consistently. This was my wife's birthday and they were right on from the get go by wishing my wife happy birthday on check in and attentive throughout the meal. Great job as usual Trio!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Food was great. Service was great. Restaurant style and decor was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently awesomePalmettoGirlDined on 8/1/2014We hit Trio every time we are in PS and honestly it just gets better every time! Food and service are top notch.Special Features:
- YonoyonoDined on 8/1/2014service was excellent but the food only marginal. westarted off with artichokke hearts and the batterwas not completely fried my wife had the vegetarian plate andwe thought it would be served on a plate but was served burger style and with theutensils provided could not be cut in half to eat so she had to eat it outof the bun. my braised shortribs needed more sauce and the potatoes were good but the brocolli hard to chewSpecial Features:
- Dinner with friendsAnniversaryVIPDined on 7/30/2014Trio never disappoints. The service and food are always very good. The +/- $20.00 specials (4-6) are great. You have many options to choice from, for example the Shepherd's pie, bbq pokt sliders, flank steak and chicken pasta. We will always return. The bar drinks are well priced during happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.