Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs
707 North Palm Canyon
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.triopalmsprings.com/
- Phone: (760) 864-8746
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11am - 3pm; Brunch Saturday & Sunday: 10am - 3pm; Dinner Sunday - Thursday: 3pm - 10pm; Friday: 3pm - 11pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Van Laanen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a semi-private raised area in the front of the restaurant that is great for private parties of up to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Tony 8772633930
A word from Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs
Where Palm Springs Eat's & Drink's. Located in the the Uptown Design District. An energetic, desert-casual atmosphere and great American modern food at reasonable prices - A place where anyone can come in, sit down and feel at home. Where the locals hangout, eat, drink and have fun. Experience Cocktail hour in the bar from 11am-7pm, $3 Well, $5 Martini's, Margarita's, Mojitos and featuring The Uptown Design District 3 course prix fixe for only $19 from 11am to 6pm 7 days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Trio Restaurant - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
286 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (138)hot spot (136)good for groups (132)fit for foodies (113)vibrant bar scene (108)special occasion (91)great for lunch (63)great for outdoor dining (42)great for brunch (34)romantic (33)notable wine list (23)late-night find (21)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- Was very disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I have been going to Trio since it has opened. The last two visits I was very disappointed and will not return again. I was seated in a back corner and it was so HOT I was sweating. I told the waitress and she said she had mentioned it to the manager. I complained about it 3 times and nothing was done. When I left the restaurant the man at the front desk asked how I enjoyed my visit. I told him it was miserably hot in the corner they seated us. He then said to me why didn't I say anything, I was furious. I said I told the waitress 3 times and I left. Obviously there was no communication from the waitress to the front desk or manager. The food. Well not nearly as good as it use to be. I was very disappointed. I was still having my salad then out came my main course was very rushed. Sorry Trio you have lost me as a loyal customer.
- Early bird is a deal!RickyBVIPDined on 11/21/2014Get there and order by 6:00 p.m. and you get a starter, main course (with sides) and dessert for twenty bucks! The portions are generous and the food is great. At that early time, the restaurant isn't too crowded and noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix fix 3 course a real valuenteeterDined on 11/20/2014Four of us dined at 5:00 yesterday and we all selected from the 3-course menu. First, if you like anchovies, this is the place for you because the Caesar salad is generously adorned with them. Unfortunately, the dressing lacked the fresh, genuine flavor the salad is known for. The greens were fresh, however. I had the tofu ceviche--a delicious and unique combination of edamame, tofu, tomatoes, cucumber and onions in a Siracha- enhanced vinaigrette. What a contrast to my dining companions' salads! All four of were delighted with our entrees. My Australian Sole was perfectly cooked, topped with fresh parsley and crispy bread crumbs and served on a bed of Israeli Coos-coos. The other dish that is worthy of note is the Butternut Squash Ravioli which tasted rich. The bread pudding and the brownie--both house made--got rave reviews. We would return just to have dessert! This is a casual restaurant located in Uptown Palm Springs. They have been in business for a very long time, so they clearly do things right and do the right things. The menu is an interesting blend of comfort foods, Mexican-inspired and contemporary American. Service is noteworthy only in the fact that the people who brought the food to the table knew precisely who ordered what, without question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Saturday night outLisaVIPDined on 11/15/2014A packed house so make sure you have reservations. All our entrees were delicious but the Lamb Shank was head and shoulders above the rest. A nice coconut cupcake birthday treat was brought out when our waitress was told we were celebrating a birthday. Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot for fun, special occasion. ..BurrowingEye604Dined on 11/15/2014Food and staff were exemplary....courses were rushed a bit but still enjoyed a great evening with good friends....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Good food.RickyBVIPDined on 11/14/2014The prices are reasonable. The food is very good (not five-star, but very good). The portions are generous. The service makes the difference. Our server, Lauren, was delightful and always available. It is definitely a "busy" place. If you are looking for low lights, subdued music and small intimate tables, this is not for you. But if you like a restaurant with upbeat music and close proximity to other diners, you will love Trio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively busy restaurant.DesertTreatsDined on 11/8/2014This time it was very busy at Trio. The restaurant was full and good service. The food was good, but lacked flavour compared to previous visits. It was too noisy to carry on a conversation, so we didn't stay long.Special Features:
- Tired MenuLounickVIPDined on 11/7/2014Just returned to the desert for the season. First visit to Trio. Have been regulars since they opened. Surprised to see the exact same menu. Yes there were a few specials. Still, it's time to shake things up if you want to retain your loyal diners. Nothing was bad, just not special. We won't be back until more effort is made to raise the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner if our holidayBestforlastDined on 11/7/2014We so enjoyed our dining experience at trio. The service was very good and the food was outstanding. We both had the two specials that were offered and they were excellent. The beet salad and wedge salad were delicious as well.Special Features:
- Great service, interesting menuOzFoodieDined on 11/6/2014My second visit to Trio. Ambiance and service are spot on however food was hit and miss. My table companion enjoyed each of their courses and I disliked each of mine this time. I'd still go back and choose other selections but was surprisedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow downOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/5/2014We have been to Trip a few times and its biggest problem is they rush you through your meal. It wasn't very busybthe night wee were there so it wasn't about turning tables. We ordered cocktails before dinner and we had not even had a chance to taste them before some food runner was plunking out dinner played down in front of us. Way too rushed. Had they give. Us time we likely would have finished our drinks and ordered a bottle of wine with dinner. The rushed servive really took away from what would otherwise have been a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Visit Local RestaurantCAiRDined on 11/5/2014You can identify Trio immediately because of the outside Orange Decor ! Staff is extremely attentive inviting you in and continues throughout the meal. The kitchen will alter any dish for you and the food is fantastic. We were celebrating a birthday and they even brought out the confetti for the table. Don't miss it!!Special Features:
- SconniegirldiningDined on 11/4/2014My husband and I are in Palm Springs for a conference and selected Trio based on Open Table reviews. We were not disappointed!!! Service and food were outstanding. A large group was seated close by so it became a bit noisy but everything else was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Deal for Early DinersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014Three Course Prix Fixe Menu only $19 before 6pm and well drinks are only $3. You will be impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food (for PS) pricey wine listChuckVIPDined on 11/3/2014Somewhat slower service but good tasting food. Hard to find above average dining options in downtown PS and this one makes it. Unreasonably priced wine (by the glass), however.
- Picked the wrong night to gonicknameVIPDined on 10/31/2014We had chosen this restaurant for its reputation and location. We had asked for a table with a view which would have been near the front but were seated near the back next to the kitchen entrance. Food is consistent and generous but 3 stars is a good rating. Still a fun place with lots of energy.Special Features:
- Fun relaxed evening spot downtownpareedaveDined on 10/30/2014Solid menu, with some surprising elements. American and Mediterranean basics, great bar, very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGordySmDined on 10/30/2014This was third visit to Trio. This time we were very disappointed. Our waitress had too many tables resulting in very slow service . Our apps were delivered before our drink order was filled. Special of mahi was not cooked and needed to be sent back.Special Features:
- How do I pay you people?JimboDined on 10/26/2014Lovely evening. Food was very good, and cocktails were excellent. Server was very helpful until it became time to pay the check. At which time, she disappeared temporarily. In marketing terms, TRIO "miffed" the close. JIMBOSpecial Features:
- Tragic....FormerTrioFanDined on 10/23/2014Was hoping the fifth time would be as good as the previous four. Didn't happen. Host seemed indifferent to me and my guests. Table wasn't ready despite multiple empty tabletops. The special was forgettable at best and the wedge salad wasn't. Thr food runner pretty much slung e food at the table reaching across the faces of my guests and looked bitter about being there at all. The server didn't want to split the ticket between the appropriate parties; reluctantantly did so and still couldn't get it right. Very disappointed. Seems like success has gone to their head and not in a good way.
- Just bad...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/23/2014Ordered the spinach riccota ravioli, took one bite and sent it back. Gritty, tasteless and sitting in a pool of oil. To be fair the waitress comped the meal and offered another choice so ended up with a mediocre salad. The wine knowledge was lacking, the poors were very small and overpriced. Our other 3 meals were lacklustre - not so fresh seared tuna on limp veg and mashed potatoes. A really disappointing outing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014The food was wonderful. I had the lamb shank and the seasoning was right on and the meat was tender, melted in your mouth. My husband had the pork chop and it too was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio continues to shineafjwaDined on 10/22/2014We have been to Trio many times and keep coming back because the food is always so good, the prices and portions are reasonable, thefixed-price menu is a great bargain for what you get (but make sure you are seated and your order in before 6 P.M.!). I really love the pot roast with sour cream mashed potatoes and the beet salad; my partner loves the 5 cheese mac n'cheese, though this time he tried the shepherd's pit and liked it also. We haven't been here for either lunch or brunch, though we understand from friends that both those meals are great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to its reputation.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014Excellent food, service, value. Diverse menu, outstanding choices.We will return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night!datenightDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I went on a date night to Trio Restaurant in Palm Springs and was pleasantly surprised. Service was excellent and everyone that works there is very friendly. Food was very good and the portion size is perfect. We had their 3 course dinner...wow! So much delicious food for a terrific price. We will definitely be going back to Trio soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againNot2returnDined on 10/18/2014Extremely disappointing , over the last few years have had some of the best meals here but also some of the worst , with that being said was hesitant to bring friends here , but this last experience after waiting over 30 min with a reservation , to servers not sure if this was there table, to wrong entree and cold food served the night was a disaster from from the time we arrived , manager did try to make things right at the end but at this point what had started out as a very enjoyable evening with friends turned out to be a very unpleasant night .
- Great valueRickyBVIPDined on 10/18/2014Been to Trio several times. This is the first time we went early (5:00pm) due to plans we had a little later. There is a "before 6:00 p.m." 3-course menu for $19 with many selections from which to choose! Who knew? Coming earlier also meant less of a crowd and less noise - something we prefer. The servers were prompt, attentive and friendly. The food is good!Special Features:
- Always good!RumiVIPDined on 10/16/2014Trio is a must do every trip to Palm Springs!!! Food is always super yummy and service is great! We always enjoy dining at Trio... we even work our schedule around making sure we have dinner reservations! We celebrated my boyfriend's birthday and they had placed "happy birthday" confetti on our table and presented us with a luscious coconut cupcake for dessert! What a treat it is to dine at Trio!Special Features:
- Host5Dined on 10/16/2014Dined here about six times in two years. This time the matre D' was not helpful, basically indifferent The food was tired, had strange sides, my sole had some sort of overspiced spinash over it on a bed of cous cous. It was not a great dining experience.Special Features:
- I'll be backGRP1Dined on 10/16/2014Good food, great service and friendly atmosphere. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Always a treat!canadakerriDined on 10/15/2014We sat on the patio and had a bottle of wine that was on happy hour price which was the cheapest price I have ever seen!! Our server was fun, happy, go lucky and helpful! We had happy hour snacks and all were pretty darn good. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truely great food!PSMYRRHDined on 10/14/2014This is one of my favorite alternatives to the same-thing-every-day blahs. Trio has great food, at a somewhat manageable price. While there are more family-friendly priced restaurants, the quality of the food is far superior to less expensive places, and the portions are more ample than most of the up-scale venues. I had the lamb shanks on my most recent visit, and was really pleased with the flavor, texture and the leanness of what is (in many other restaurants) a pretty greasy dish. The Pre-fixe pricing is a great deal, but be aware that it ends at 6 PM and is only weekdays. Finish off with the butterscotch Pot au Creme, for a truly amazing treat!Special Features:
- Good neborhood sceneNYMike3Dined on 10/11/2014Very friendly, livly clientele, food is ok, some dishes better than others, great happy hour. Waiters always trying to upgrade your selections. Overall a good place to socialize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre foodmultilaterealDined on 10/10/2014Don't know where Trio got its reputation from. I had the vegie burger. The burger was good but the french fries tasted and looked like they came from Costco. My dining partner's pot roast was nothing special, while the NOLA shrimp was swimming in excess rice.Special Features:
- Trio is a bargain!LinWDined on 10/10/2014Don't know how they do it, but the $19 3-course dinners at Trio are outstanding. Our waiter delivered exceptional service and with great humor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a burden to TrioFAIR2proprietorsANDdinersDined on 10/9/2014We reserved for three, one Dachshund, outside seating. We arrived on time. Host was warm, friendly - seated us promptly for outside dining. We have had server team approaches in the past. This was not what we experienced. My table-mate described it as helter-skelter: a disorderly haste, wrapped in confusion, and infused by a nagging question "when am I off??" We each ordered an entree salad and an appetizer each to share. The food was prepared quickly and presented on the plate nicely. We agreed the salads were good and the appetizers plenty sizable, and tasty, too! The food & bev refills came to us via six different people. Later, our waiter(?) check in. Our feeling? "We are unwanted here." Waiter(?), check please.
- Mediocre Comfort FoodOpenTableUser00013VIPDined on 10/8/2014Average food, nothing special. They do pile A LOT of food on your plate, so come hungry for mediocre comfort food. Don't expect any visually appealing plating. They basically plop your protein in a bed of starch and pour a sauce over. If you ordered one that included sweet potato fries, don't expect them to remain crispy as they'll be soaked with the sauce or meat juices. Prolly not going back. Cute decor tho!Special Features:
- Worst Meal I have ever hadABryDined on 10/4/2014We went to Trio on a last minute trip to Palm Springs. We sat down, ordered our meal, and a bottle of wine and after pouring only a glass of wine, our food was brought to the table. Less than 6 minutes after ordering. I was confused, and thought that there must be a mistake, but the waiter assuered me this was our order. The luke warm piece of fish on my plate, was clearly pre-prepared and microwaved. There was absolutely NO way that they could have prepared a meal, and served it luke warm in 6 minutes. We were finished with dinner in less than 30 minutes. The waiter was incredibly apologetic, and comped half our meal, but no manager came over to apologize. I was horrified by our experience and would never recommend Trio to anyone.
- First choice when dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Always great...table has been ready every time we have been there. Service is attentive and prompt. Food is great...went with 8 people from a wide age and background,Special Features:
- Very Palm SpringsTunaFanVIPDined on 9/29/2014This restaurant gives you the true feel of Palm Springs. Lots of items to choose from.Special Features: