Trio On The Bay
1601 79th Street
North Bay Village, FL 33141Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Trio On The Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://triosonthebay.com/
- Phone: 3058661234x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly Tuesday through Sunday
(Tue-Thurs. 5-10pm Fri.& Sat. 5-11pm)
Happy Hour: Every Day 5:00 pm-8:00 pm 241 Drinks. Fridays 5 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
(241 Drinks and $5 Bar Menu)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chef Gonzalo A. Ramia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire via email or call
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday 11PM to 5AM
Live Band Friday Happy Hour beginning February 22, 2013
- Special Events: Please inquire via email or call
A word from Trio On The Bay
Trio on the Bay, Miami's newest casual dining restaurant, special event locale and ultra lounge, was recognized with the Diner's Choice Award by Open Table and voted as the Best Outdoor Dining by My City Eats! Regardless of the size of this stunning venue, diner's feel at ease when they experience all that Trio has to offer from its breathtaking, unobstructed view of Biscayne Bay, to its impeccable service and its delectable, flavorful cuisine. Trio on the Bay offers American Cuisine flaunting with Mediterranean Flair serving dishes that are affordable, inviting, inspiring and sumptuous. Please call for happy hour information and reservations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trio On The Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
- Awful ServicePatDupsetDined on 2/14/2014I visited Trio on the Bay in February 2014 and when we were seated by the usher, we waited for over 20 minutes and no one came back to our table to greet us or even introduced themselves as our waiter. No one acknowledged us, can you believe not even a glass of water is placed on the table. To tell the truth, my partner and I felt like we were begging to be patrons , we felt like the unwanted step child. We left after 30 minutes of having no one acknowledge us. My recommendation is to have your ushers seat people in a section where the waiter is willing to work. Have staff that are not racially prejudiced and staff that are welcoming and friendly.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Made a reservation had to wait two hours to not even be served, and when finally approached food ran out and wine took 60 minutes to arrive to table.Special Features:
- Worse place ever.JackieDined on 2/14/2014We had a res for 9 pm we arrived at 845. Got seated around 930. The appetizer took forever to get to the table. The waiter would disappear and at around 12 am we still didn't have our food when we saw our waiter what had happened he tells us to leave because it was taking too long. Little did we know the waiter cancelled our bill. So we left angry after that we ended eating up at tgi Friday. I will never going back again horrible experience. Stay away from this place. Hopefully things change before they go out of business.
- worst restaurant ever! will NEVERJohnDined on 2/14/2014We arrived there on 2/14/14 at 8:00pm, I was never informed that we were forced to pay $10 of parking to park our own car. Wish I would had known in advanced so I could had brought cash with me. The host was just walking around the whole restaurant without attending us. When we finally sat down, it took aprox 20 minutes for our waiter to attend us, then when i asked him about some menu items he had to go back and forth to the kitchen to ask what those items were. lack of knowledge of menu. at 9:10 we received our appetizers, and at 10:15 we received our entrees. The chicken was horrible, looks like they boiled it and placed it on plate. Got mad, called the manager and my wife and I left mad without paying. NEVER will we ever go back.-10starSpecial Features:
- the worst place I visited.danayDined on 2/14/2014REALLY THAT PLACE WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAD IN ALL MY LIFE. THE SERVICE WAS FATAL.
- DissapointedMariaDined on 5/12/2013We did not stay for lunch. The food for the buffet look bad and the restaurant is in very poor conditions. It smelled bad just when we walked in and even in the terrace it was not worth staying, not even with the bay view. It was mother's day so we were looking for something special and this was definetely not it. We left.... wont even try again....
- The food needs improvement.BubbleDined on 5/12/2013The food needs improvement. Staff was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio on the BayBradyfoofyVIPDined on 5/12/2013We enjoyed our Mother's Day Brunch at Trio. The servers were amiable and the view was delightful...the food was okay...unfortunately they had it in the full sun and and the salads were not on ice....poor servers...very hot for them. I also felt for the price it was not a good deal or variety of foods to choice from. We live close by and wanted to sit by the bay, which was the best part of the meal....but our table was very uneven on the top and difficult to keep drinks from spilling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location but not a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/22/2013Great location but not a place to go for dinner. Bar scene on the bay with mediocre food and service.Special Features:
- Great time, candles neededOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Great time, candles needed on tables..was very dark hard to see menus. Asked for one special request on one of our meals, want honored. Overall food was very good, ambience was great. Never got crowded on a sat night and no live musicSpecial Features:
- The food itself and portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/26/2012The food itself and portions were tasty. However, the meatball appetizers were overcooked and extremely dry. The pink lemon drop martinis were amazing!Special Features:
- Good food.. Bit outdated...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012Great place! Food was great also. A bit too pricey I would say.. We found a groupon and decided to try it out. Our waiter was good however he took too long in serving and he will get lost from time to time. Took forever to get our check! I would recommend this place to get updated. It appears that on the weekends it turns into a club after 10:00pm. There are huge speakers all over the dance floor. A bit outdated for me...Special Features:
- nice but coldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012food was slow to come, and when it did it was COLDSpecial Features:
- This was my second nite in1DivaVIPDined on 10/20/2012This was my second nite in a row dining at Trio on the Bay. It was so SENSATIONAL that I would go there three nites in a ROW, except,--- they are closed tomorrow. The food, the service and the view makes this a GEM. The staff works hard accomodating to their dinner guests. Each time I left Trio on the Bay, I felt PAMPERED and PRIVILEDGED!!! I will be returning there again VERY soon.Special Features:
- The food was mediocre at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2012The food was mediocre at best. The service was good but could have been better though I think the waiter service was down 1 waiter. The best part of the evening was the seating which was right on the bay.Special Features:
- This was my first visit and1DivaVIPDined on 10/19/2012This was my first visit and the food was EXCEPTIONAL. Our waiter, Marco Polo, was excellent and the view was superb. It is a winner. I just wish they were open MORE days of the week. They are planning to extend their hours starting in November. Trio on the Bay is a great place to take out of town guests. They can feast on the food and the view simultaneously. I am going back AGAIN, tomorrow nite. So, that is a huge vote of confidence.Special Features:
- Many menu and most wine optionsBlueMoonFanDined on 10/13/2012Many menu and most wine options were not available. No music or dancing on a Saturday night. The food we did have was good and location is beautiful however Trio is under new management that needs to do something quickly.Special Features:
- First time visiting the restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/13/2012First time visiting the restaurant. Overall experience good (nice for outdoor eating when weather is good), but wine options are limited if you are expecting a good wine list (90% of the wine on the menu "was not in the cellar" - very interesting). Would be a good place for a larger group as the outdoor dining experience was nice.Special Features:
- It was a pleasant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012It was a pleasant dining experience.I was taken a back by the 18% gratuity add to my bill with out my knowledge. But, the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Nice location right on theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2012Nice location right on the bay. Service was very slow considering the restaurant was half full. Prices were very high compared to quality of food. Although it wasn't a bad experience,I don't think we'll be going back.Special Features:
- I wasn't as happy as I wasRosie25Dined on 10/5/2012I wasn't as happy as I was when I first came here a couple of years back. They should really update their menu to have more items to choose from. I was sad to see that they removed the filet mignon and Gruyere mac & cheese entree from the menu. I went there Friday night, 10/5/12 expecting to dine on the menu I saw when I checked their website, and I was thoroughly disappointed. They've been open for years and still have one page for a menu; also the menu wasn't even current with the one they actually gave us. The waiter told me that many customers have walked out because of this. I'm not surprised. Other than that, the ambiance is still nice and the restaurant looks beautiful. I love the firepits and the view. Try to work on the menu pleaseSpecial Features:
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012Well I had a 12 party group. Half of the party was 30minutes, because of this they called and warned me I may lose my reservation although the restaurant was pretty empty when we got there. The staff was still friendly and professional. The food is ok depending on what you get. Chicken penna was very bland. The shrimp tempura was pretty good. The meatballs were unseasoned as well! The staff was accommodating with my birthday cake. They brought sparklers and then cut the cake, but while taking pictures and walking around the server threw my food away that I only took two bites of and never offered reimbursement. Then the waiter charged us a $25 fee for cooking the food! This was a separate charge from the gratuity that was included in payingSpecial Features:
- Beautiful ViewGreatVIPDined on 9/29/2012I keep going back to Trio on the Bay because is a nice restaurant with a view.Special Features:
- Great view, but in much needJennyDined on 9/29/2012Great view, but in much need of good management. Appetizers arrive and not silverware in sight had to ask twice, our wine glasses were place on the table and the wine on another and sat there for over 15 minutes before it was opened and served. Eventhough I had read the reviews I took a leap of faith as before but this time it did not worked well. Very dissapointed.Special Features:
- Food is mediocre. ServiceTropicalTraveler78VIPDined on 9/28/2012Food is mediocre. Service and ambience are very good. Would pass on it, also parking is a hassle and you have to pay $5 which is ridiculous.Special Features:
- Overpriced, very limited menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2012Overpriced, very limited menu. The place is more like a bar/dance club.
- Poor service!!!Angel2456Dined on 9/15/2012Food was cold. We do not know if there was a problem with the personnel but there were several tables complaining for the service. We ordered our food and it was served 75 mins later. Our server, Marcos, was very diligent and friendly but he was attending too many tables at the same time. It's a shame because the outdoor patio and the view are magnificent. We went with some friends from out of town and we were very embarrased due the service.Special Features:
- I went there for the MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2012I went there for the Miami Spice and the restaurant didn't offer the Spice menu anymore. The restaurant was empty (one table with 4 customers in the entire place). When I looked at the wine menu the bartender informed that they have only on bottle of white wine left...:))) Food was good but I wasn't impress with the overall experience. Not a hot spot for sure.
- When we got there, they werecrisVIPDined on 9/2/2012When we got there, they were having a private party. They did not allowed us in.No "sorry" nothing.Special Features:
- Not worth the money.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012Food was sub par, so was staff and managers. Wish I had something nice to write but I don't.Special Features:
- spectacular bayfront settingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2012spectacular bayfront setting with attentive friendly staff.Special Features:
- The menu was extremely limited.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2012The menu was extremely limited. The food itself was good. The service was not. We were seated at a table under an air conditioning vent which was leaking on us, so we had to be moved. The waiter asked if we wanted wine and told us of a few varieties they had. He never mentioned anything about liquor, we had to ask if they had hard liquor, and his reply was, oh yes, is that what you want? We ordered from the Miami Spice menu since the regular menu didn't offer much more. The food took a very long time to come out. (The restaurant was not crowded at all). After our main course, we were presented with the bill. We asked, about dessert. He told us the sorbet hadn't come in that day and that was the dessert. We asked for a substitut
- Great customer service, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012Great customer service, but they need to improve in their wine knowledge.Special Features:
- Best in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012Trio was the find & the highlight of two weeks in the Miami dining scene. This gem is definately on our "go there again" list! Valet was reasonable, service was tops, food was delicious and had a professional presentation, and Management is on top of everything. This place has so much potential for a complete dining and entertainment experience that I just know it's going to be Miami's #1 spot. David & Patty BreezeSpecial Features:
- Our waiter Nickolaus was blandbirthdaygirlDined on 8/17/2012Our waiter Nickolaus was bland and didnt seem interested in serving us. We asked for more bread which was never received. The manager did come by the table but that didnt make the service any better. We simply didnt like the service.Special Features:
- S. RylesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2012My experience at Trio On The Bay was amazing. My husband and I had a wonderful time and the staff was very accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Was a little loud and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2012Was a little loud and they had just changed their menu and wine list so waiter didn't know too much when questions were asked. But he did find out for us the answers he did not know. Presentation was good and food was good but not exceptional.Special Features:
- What happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2012What happened since the last time I was here about 11 months ago? The menu was at least half the size since and the service was drastically different. There was no Miami Spice menu. The waiter informed me I could choose from chef's special of chicken or fish. My guest was not impressed with the fish ordered from the regular menu. The service was very long in coming. We had to ask for flatware to eat our meal. We waited at least 20 minutes for my dessert. At the end of the evening, we waited 10 minutes to ask any waiter to take a picture for us. Finally, we gave up. I will not be returning for the food. Their view is one of a kind. I may come back for drinks only.Special Features:
- Went here for my parents anniversarVeryHappyDinerDined on 7/28/2012Went here for my parents anniversary.I was curious to see what they had to offer. Our appetizers took some time but nothing too bad, dinner was the tricky part after waiting for a considerably long time the waiter brought out entrees which were no longer hot, it kinda seemed that our food had been served for a while.Once dinner arrived 3 out of 6 of us still hadnt been brough any silverware.After trying to wave our server over, who kept passing by the but would pay us no attention, we were eventually able to ask him, we asked him twice and both times apparently forgot. we eventually asked someone else who happened to be passing by, he remembered.By that time our food was cold. :( i decided maybe it's only that waiter, so i will try again.:)
- Fabulous & wonderful night at Trio!Luv2dineDined on 7/26/2012Where do we begin. We had a wonderful dinner at Trio on the Bay and were so happy we decided to choose them for our dinner while in Miami Beach. The food was superb, the location and setting beautiful and nicely decorated, and our waitress - Maria was fab, the bomb! She was engaging, friendly, helpful, and just overall a fabulous hostess. We thouroughly enjoyed ourselves, would highly recommend and return on our next trip back to Miami Beach. One of the owners dropped in, checked on us, and made sure everything was going well. He was very nice and we enjoyed speaking to him as well. The night was perfect. Thank you!Special Features: