Trio of Martinsville
1938 Washington Valley Rd.
Martinsville, NJ 08836Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Trio of Martinsville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trioofmartinsville.com/
- Phone: 7324698746
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: John C. Harkness
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Entire restaurant available Monday - Saturday afternoons and all day Sunday. Call for information on closing restaurant for private functions.
- Private Party Contact: Fred Minicucci 7324698746
A word from Trio of Martinsville
Trio offers northern Italian cuisine at it's finest. Owner Fred Minicucci has developed a dining experience unlike any other in the area. Experience Trio's acclaimed reputation of excellence in "Food, Service & a Comfortable Atmosphere'. Trio uses fresh local seasonal ingredients & makes our own pasta & desserts. NJ Countryside's 12 restaurants you'll love to love. "Trio has sophistication reminiscent of contemporary NY décor but still warm and comfortable". Awarded three stars by The Star Ledger: "Price, service, cuisine; a Trio of delights. Prices are reasonable, the informal service is friendly and the menu brims with intriguing dishes." Dishes like citrus scallop salad, calamari balsamico, duck confit struddle, dandelion salad with fried goat cheese, potato gnocchi Bolognese, salmon cotti da "Mallory", seared jumbo sea scallop risotto, and wild boar Osso Buco with parmigiano risotto & roasted tomato gravy to name a few. Enjoy dinner and or your special event at Trio. Enjoy...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trio of Martinsville reviews from OpenTable diners
- A new favorite!TLa929Dined on 7/11/2013Excellent service and excellent specials, the hanger steak was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a visitAndyVIPDined on 6/28/2013Trio has wonderful food. The current chef delivers delicious and fresh foods. The menu is creative with something for everyone. It's a great place for friends to gather and the BYOB is nice to allow you to bring your favorite wine.Special Features:
- It's about time that we hadGakosDined on 5/17/2013It's about time that we had a first-rate restaurant in Martinsville. When Orazio Falcone started Falcone' sin the late "80s (I think), we dined there on about 90% of the Friday nights in the ensuing 20+ years. No one beat "Mikes" calamari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent In Every WayNJTaylorsDined on 5/11/2013Great food, attentive service and a comfortable classy atmosphere. We usually go here when we are going out with another couple and want to make sure they will be happy with our choice. BYO is the clincher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positive ExperiencelovetodineVIPDined on 5/4/2013We have now dined at Trio two times. The second time we brought two other couples. Each time, the food has been delicious and the portions are large. The service is friendly and professional. We do not understand why it is so empty tho - maybe that's a good thing! No problem getting a reservation and no loud crowds! There is a large booth that fits 8-10 which looks very comfortable and would make conversation easy for a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013We've been going to Trio for the past 5 years...My friends hosted my bridal shower here and ever since we keep going back. It's our favorite BYOB in the area. We've had all good experiences here and would highly recommend.Special Features:
- The restaurant offers goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013The restaurant offers good food, friendly service and a nice dining atmosphere. We would definitely return to the restaurant for dinner. It's a BYOB which really is a plus! Jeff and JoanSpecial Features:
- Since it is an establishmenttaste1Dined on 4/13/2013Since it is an establishment where you bring your own wine you need to check the menu of the day to assure your self a great pairing. Service attentive and not obtrusive, food served efficiently and without interruption of our conversation. Overall a very nice dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Food was just OK, it had littleAlpepDined on 4/12/2013Food was just OK, it had little to no flavor. We had anticipated better and probably would not try it again.
- We had a very enjoyable dinner.lovetodineVIPDined on 3/30/2013We had a very enjoyable dinner. The food was delicious and the portions were large. The servers were extremely pleasant.Special Features:
- Good ExperiencePastaloverVIPDined on 3/30/2013We went to Trio with another couple. The food was very good, portion size was certainly big enough. Service wsa attentiveSpecial Features:
- Trio is a neat little locallokeoman7Dined on 3/9/2013Trio is a neat little local find. There is adaquate parking, and it is quite close to the Basking Ridge area. The menu is diverse, without being overwhelming, and dishes are prepared in a fashion made to please the customer. As a BYOB, the cost is also attractive. The service is friendly, but slow and less "professional" then other local restaurants. Overall, we will be back!!Special Features:
- I hosted a birthday-celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013I hosted a birthday-celebrated dinner party at Trio's. All of my guests were very impressed by ambiance of the place, the good food, and the excellent services. Definitely I will host more events at this nice restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013I had not been to this restaurant in years but saw online they had a new menu so we had to try. The filet stuffed mushrooms were AMAZING as was the rack of lamb special. The service was great and it was a very nice evening overall. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Service Ruined the NightJoeNJDined on 2/15/2013We went there on a Friday night and there were only 5 other tables with diners. The food was very good except for the service. After being seated with our menus, it took about 15 minutes or more for the waitress to come to take our order. While waiting for her to open our bottle of wine (BYO) after 10 minutes, I decided to open it myself since I carry a wine opener. The bread did not get to our table until after receiving our appetizer. My Espresso I ordered was luke warm since I guess they had to wait for the coffee to stop brewing for the Cappuccino we also ordered. I could only imagine how much worse the service would have been if there were more patrons in the restaurant.
- Sat for 40 minutes at theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Sat for 40 minutes at the table on Valentines day without someone coming over to our table after we were seated. Thankfully, the folks next to us eventually lent us a wine opener. Several of the tables next to us appeared to be trying to flag down service to pay the bill for a while. When we did interact with the staff they were very pleasant. The food was excellent. The couple that lent us the wine opener indicated the food was great but the service can be hit or miss here.
- Love TRIO.....now that weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Love TRIO.....now that we found this place, we go there alot.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant withfjrgDined on 2/14/2013Fantastic restaurant with an EXCELLENT chef, server and owner.Special Features:
- Service was very good andMarvelDined on 1/26/2013Service was very good and the ambiance is very pleasant. However the food is mediocre. We had the skirt steak and fish special. Both dishes were presented nicely but neither was anything special. The steak in particular was tough and tasteless. Overall it was a nice dinner but the food and menu could use some updating.
- Great food in a 'stay andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2013Great food in a 'stay and enjoy your meal' environment - highly recommend.Special Features:
- The mussels that were tastyalwayshungryVIPDined on 1/4/2013The mussels that were tasty and cooked well were sprinkled with raw garlic (not a good idea), the "homemade" pasta was overcooked to mush and the shrimp was slightly off, my lamb shank was passable but nothing special. We are not likely to return.
- Used to be one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/4/2013Used to be one of our favorite BYOB's. New chef and food not up to prior experience. Would still give it another chance
- We have been to Trio manyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We have been to Trio many times and we went for New Yeaars Eve dinner. Food was excellent and not over priced like some retaurants do for holidays.Special Features:
- Trio of Martinsville is oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Trio of Martinsville is one of the best restaurants in the area...been going there for years!
- Very good local BYO ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012Very good local BYO Italian restaurant. Hidden away - I've driven past it 100 times and didn't see the sign. The owner is present and active on the floor. The food is the star here, as it should be in a BYO. All of the standards are on the menu, but each with a unique twist, and each worked very well. Truffle Risotto was outstanding, the house salad fresh and interesting with pears and sugared pecans. From the lobster ravioli, chicken osso bucco, and lamb shank nothing disappointed.Special Features:
- Not Impresse with all theDOHARADined on 12/21/2012Not Impresse with all the food and the time it took to present. Needs to think of more than one seating for one weekend night and they would do much better in in a different locationSpecial Features:
- This was a second visit, andletseatoutDined on 11/30/2012This was a second visit, and we brought friends. Everyone tried a different entree and everyone was pleased. A wonderful byob stop that has something on the menu for just about any taste. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Delicious food. Really delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/17/2012Delicious food. Really delicious. One of the better overall meals I have had in quite some time. Generous portions, nice presentation, great flavor.Special Features:
- jOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Trio is the best kept secret in Somerset county!! The food is ALWAYS excellent and management and staff are warm and friendly.Special Features:
- Both food and services wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012Both food and services were good. Definitely we'll be back there again.Special Features:
- Home Run!coxyDined on 10/6/2012We have been frequenting Trio since it opened but hadn't been there in a while. We were a party of 5 and everyone raved about the attention we got and the delicious food. Our server, Mia, was outstanding. One of our group, who was visiting from California,is a vegan and very fussy since he is a great cook himself. The kitchen went out of their way to accommodate and he commented that his gnocci was the lightest and best he had ever had. Two of us had the stuffed filet of sole-delicious and two of us had the filet mignon which was also wonderful. We shared 3 appys and the kitchen plated everyone's portionsseparately(and was very generous) which is always a nice touch. Creme Brulee. Tartufo and coffee ended a perfect gastronomic experience.Special Features:
- Great food artistically presented.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2012Great food artistically presented. Excellent service, but not rushed or overbearing.Special Features:
- Good pasta. Good seafood dishes.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Good pasta. Good seafood dishes. Fair red meat. Very good calamari. other aps unimpessive. Seemed like everything I had I have had better elcewhere. Did not know it was byob, then got check which included 12 dollars for water.
- Was my first time dinningCammDined on 8/11/2012Was my first time dinning at Trio - it will not be my last!Special Features:
- This was my first time andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/1/2012This was my first time and I was surprised at how lovely the interior was. I love the fact that is is a BYOB and the food was great! It was a weeknight so the restaurant wasn't crowded but I could visualize the space and feel it would likely have a great vibe on a weekend. I will definately go back.Special Features:
- Trio was a pleasant surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2012Trio was a pleasant surprise! The food was great and our waitress was attentive. The ambience was lovely and the quiet atmosphere allowed our large group the ability to hear each other. I will be back!Special Features:
- Great food, byob, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2012Great food, byob, and the restaurant is staged perfectly for a nice night out with your significant other. The lamb shank is the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience. WillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2012Wonderful experience. Will definitely go back again.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2012I live in the area and have driven by Trio many times but never stopped in. I'm glad I finally did. My friend and I started with the carpaccio and truffle risotto. Both were excellent. My friend had veal and I ordered the roasted chicken chops. I usually don't order chicken out because it's just not exciting, but the description "Roasted on the Bone, Preserved Lemon, Kalamata Olives, Saffron Sauce" enticed me. I have to say that this was one of the best chicken dishes I've ever had and there was nothing left to take home! Service was also above par.Special Features:
- It was our first time at TrioletseatoutDined on 6/30/2012It was our first time at Trio and it outperformed the enthusiastic recommendation that encouraged us to try it. I had the filet of sole broiled to perfection and marvelously stuffed with mushrooms. There is a fine array of appetizers and desserts. BYO is also a plus. We will return with friends.Special Features: