8100 Lee Highway
Falls Church, VA 22042Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.triomerrifield.com/
- Phone: 7039929200x
- Hours of Operation:
4:00 PM - 11:00 PM Monday - Friday
4:00 PM - 11:00 PM Saturday
4:00 PM - 9:00 PM Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eddie Marine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cigar Room, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us for upbeat live piano played on our baby grand!
A word from TRIO Grill
TRIO Grill is a modern American restaurant in Falls Church, Virginia offering the finest steaks and freshest seafood, an extensive beverage program, and Merrifield’s only cigar lounge. TRIO blends urban sophistication with the relaxed ambiance of a neighborhood grill, making us perfect for date night, after-work drinks or your next private dining occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TRIO Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (65)great for outdoor dining (62)romantic (50)notable wine list (43)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (12)great for lunch (12)hot spot (11)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Wonderful!restaurantluvDined on 9/21/2014The location is in a weird place but inside is wonderful...and the service and food is exceptional. I am definitely coming back here!Special Features:
- Great food, great outdoor seatingchollieDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I sat outside on a cool beautiful Sept evening. Perfect weather. The food was perfect. We both had Filet Mignon cooked to our specifications. Good variety on the menu without being overwhelming. I wrote in the Open Table comment section that is was my wife's birthday and the waiter didn't disappoint. He brought us a chocolate piece of cake with a candle and two glasses of champagne!! A perfect end to a perfect evening!Special Features:
- Solid steak and seafood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Great service. Food was excellent. Steaks were cooked perfectly. Sides were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eats but noiseyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Thought the food and service were excellent. The only issue I had was the noise level made it difficult to talk to my date. Recommend it for a good night out but not for a first date if you are trying to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningNydiningDined on 9/13/2014We so enjoyed our dining experience at Trio! The service was at tentative without being overbearing. The drinks and appetizers were delicious (Trio Manhattan, crab dip & beef carpaccio). The main courses were all excellent and we never felt rushed. The ice cream for dessert was so different, rich & delicious...better to share a dish! Would highly recommend Trio for a special meal. A little expensive but well worth it!Special Features:
- Such a gem!LoveDiningOutDined on 9/12/2014We finally tried Trio Grill, and we were so glad that we did! Usually we go to DC to get a good steak but now Trio will be our go-to. The food was amazing, and the service was perfect. Our server was extremely attentive without hovering. We sat outside which was nice and quiet. The only drawback is that the patio seating looks at the Sunoco gas station which seemed very strange.Special Features:
- great restaurant!FireChrisDined on 9/12/2014This is a great new restaurant and addition to the Merifield/Falls Church area. The bar had a great selection of whiskeys and the happy hour menu was excellent. Dinner was great. There were many different entree options and you will not be disappointed. The service was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful DiningDine4funDined on 9/12/2014Attentive service without hovering. Food, wine and cocktails excellent. Lamb perfect, not overdone. Veal and short ribs succulent. Scallops a bit heavy for a seafood dish. Seasonal salads delightful and fresh. Loved that the sommilier was willing to come to the table and guide us through the wine list so we could choose an appropriate wine for the variety of dishes. Not a fan of cheesecake, but this was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!KpowellDined on 9/9/2014Wonderful restaurant, outstanding food and great service. A bit pricey and the noise level was a bit high but worth the price. One of the best meals I've had and the staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014It was our first time dining at Trio. The food was outstanding!Special Features:
- very solid performerrowingmanVIPDined on 8/30/2014Every aspect of dinner at Trio was good. From the bread, to the raw bar appetizers, through J's steak salad and coffee everything was well prepared, presented, and reasonably priced. This is a very solid restaurant. Noise level is such that you can have a conversation without shouting, and the atmosphere is upscale. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great food and ambientMmsmVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is our fourth or fifth time at the Trio and, as usual, we were not disappointed. My husband and I have been there alone and have also taken other couples and everyone loved the food and the ambient. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet restaurantCaveEmptorDined on 8/29/2014Started with cocktails: old fashioned and drink with Hemingway. Drinks were nice and strong, old fashioned a somewhat meager with huge ice cube. Moved on to a beet salad and the Norwegian smoked salmon. Both were excellent! Lemon sauce accompanying the salmon refreshed the palate. Completed the meal with the peach turnover a la mode was also delicious with crunchy granola - not over sugared but still sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lola2003VIPDined on 8/28/2014I cannot find the words to express how wonderful our experience at Trio Grill was. It was birthday and the staff was more than accommodating. They worked with my husband and allowed him to choose our table, and the flowers he ordered to be waiting for me at the table. The food was out of this world and our server, Ashley, is just awesome!! The chef even went out of her way to prepare a dish for my husband that was not even on the menu. Needless to say, we will be going back soon!!!Special Features:
- the food was delicious!K123VIPDined on 8/23/2014Would definitely return! I had the filet (with a side of truffle fries) and my friend had the chicken breast. Both of us had tomato caprese and were just too full for dessert. The steak was delicious as were the potatoes and asparagus that accompanied them. The the price point was a full 10-20$$ less than a traditional steakhouse per entree. We loved it! Great meal. Our waitress was delightful, and the food was delivered hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Four people dined out. All four had different items. All four commented on how perfectly amazing their dinner tasted.Special Features:
- Nicll e eveningMcleanDined on 8/22/2014As always, we enjoyed the experience---the food was very good, well-cooked and the staff attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FoodfreakVIPDined on 8/18/2014The food and service are superlative. The wine list is very good and I'm still thinking about my delicious "Moscow Mule". We looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great Food; Slow PaceFoodRUsDined on 8/15/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Trio Grill. The outdoor seating area was pleasant. The wine list was extensive, as were the draft/bottled beers and other drinks. Our waitress was knowledgeable and personable. However, the pace of our meal was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014Outstanding food and service, it was great eating outside.Special Features:
- Great anniversary spot!KatiemooDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I had one of the best meals of our lives (try the scallops and steak dishes) for our one year wedding anniversary. The food, service, and atmosphere were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it ...GlobetrotDined on 8/9/2014Very good food. Very good service. We had the small fillet and the shrimp and sausage. Wine list quite good. We had wine by the glass. Selection there good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly servicemdiciccoVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food is very good but the service really stands out. Very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Great first visitJMKtravelsalotVIPDined on 8/6/2014Dined at Trio finally. Had cheese tray to start. Large portions with lovely truffle oil honey. Split beat salad which was a great mix of flavors. Table bread is great as is the honey mustard butter. Wine list has something for all. Higher-end, rated wines very well priced. Fillet was perfect. Service excellent. Will be back for more.Special Features:
- ClassyThegmanDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I have eaten at Trios several times and we are NEVER disappointed. The food is incredible - especially their hand made pasta. The service - from the front door greeter to the waiters are all professional and add to the experience. Trios is on our list of best places to dinne!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good First Time ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014I'm not sure if it is more crowded during the week, but when we went on Sunday it was very quiet. The majority of people were eating on the outdoor patio. The food was good especially the little donuts rolled in cinnamon sugar and drizzled with icing. The mealbportions were generous and flavorful. The staff was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We had a nice dinner at TRIO Grill on Sat. evening. The food was good but the steaks were over priced for the cut of meat by about $10.00 each. For the price they are asking a side should be included. The restaurant was very nice and the staff was nice. For a large dining room the noise was not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a late dinnerDRBrunsDined on 8/1/2014The service was excellent along with the food. I would characterize this more as a steak house. Nice pianist on weekends adds to the environment. The bar master has created several speciality cocktails. My wife and I had a very enjoyable late night meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio is a winnersecondwindDined on 7/22/2014Following the successful launch of the Circa restaurants in DC and VA, the MGH group has brought, in Trio, a great restaurant venue to Merrifield, VA., characterized by fine dining, highlighted by a select and interesting menu, coupled to a fine wine offering, served by an attentive and professional staff. The prices are moderate and appropriate for the dining experience. the ambiance is wonderful for romantic time together, not stuffy, but also fits groups and meetings for lunch or dinner very well. Next door is the more casual Open Road restaurant with live music, a great bar, and fun food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio is an undiscovered gemLuvgoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014The food, wine selection, and service were excellent. The ambience is very upscale with live musc in the evenings. I have been there several times for dinner and now for Sunday brunch. I recommend Trio to anyone. The drive from Arlington to Vienna is worth it! Parking is not a problem.Special Features:
- LOVE this Place!!!!DeliciousDined on 7/19/2014We love coming to this restaurant! The atmosphere is awesome...the food and drinks are amazing and the staff are friendly and make for a great experience!Special Features:
- Great new steak houseJeffDined on 7/19/2014This was a great place to dine. When you walk in there is live music on the piano. The food was delicious from the smoked bread, crab dip and steaks. Also try their signature old fashion that comes out of a cool little barrel on the bar counter.Special Features:
- DeliciousSourgirlebDined on 7/19/2014I am so happy to finally try this place. The hostesses were very friendly and comfortable seating. It looked very nice. The antipasti plate was so very good. The filet with the chianti jus was phenomenal. Even the bread and butter was delicious. I had the key lime pie and it was yummy. My husband had the bone in prime rib with the truffle fries. He ended with the peach upside down cake and loved it. They even have a menu for the kids, my daughter enjoyed the pizza with a bowl of ice cream to finish. I was very pleased with the experience. Parking can be a little snug but I understand they have valet.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationclassydinerDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Trio and we very much appreciated your fine gesture acknowledging my friend's birthday with a champagne toast on the house. The scallops were amazing as well as all the other dishes; everyone enjoyed their meal. Thanks for making the evening a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Brunch At Trio Grill!TriciaVIPDined on 7/13/2014This is a relatively new place to dine and we decided to try it. The restaurant is lovely and tables well spaced - service wonderful and food was great! I liked the menu choices very much - I enjoyed the fried calamari with artichoke hearts - great steak and delicious chocolate locally made ice cream! They also have a great choice of champagne by the glass which is important to me. I highly recommend this new restaurant to all - the menu choices are varied and there is something delicious to enjoy for everyone!!Special Features:
- Always great foodsblankDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I have been to Trios four or five times now. The food has always been top of the line and the service outstanding. The only drawback is the noise level which can at times be overpowering. A better buffer between the bar and the dining areas would make dining there even more pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit DisappointingNYRepeatDined on 7/11/2014After an earlier outstanding dining experience on the outdoor patio of Trio at Merrifield, it was especially disappointing to take a close friend there and to have poor service and average to poor food. Bread was tough and cold. Waiter was non-responsive. Won't return.
- Nice place & Great food.MetromodernMerrifieldDined on 7/9/2014Nice place, not in a normal setting but the area is really building up to be a great place to hang out. Excellent decor, great food, excellent service. A bit pricey for where the restaurant is, but if they last a couple of years, it will probably be a vibrant neighborhood. BTW- Tried the "Steve McQueen" drink ..... and will do it again.Special Features:
- Piano's acoustics are too loudeasydinerDined on 7/5/2014Met another couple for dinner on Saturday night. They were a little late for our 7:00pm reservation, so my soft-spoken wife and I were seated first, about midway back in the main dining room. As long as the pianist was playing, I had trouble hearing her, even though she was sitting right next to me, which continued after our friends (and others) arrived, even though the piano player wasn't intentionally playing too loudly. I enjoy live music, but I'd rather hear my table companions clearly without raising our voices all evening. Otherwise the place was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent ambiance and well-prepared, tasty food. Unfortunately, as my neighbors told me - you are too expensive! In my opinion, most prices are 15% to 25% too high for the location and marketplace. I was hoping for a "fair-priced" option to The Capital Grill, but was disappointed. There is a profitable place for great steaks between $24 to $36. When I find it, I will have no problem with 2 to 3 visits per month. At your current prices, I may dine 2 to 3 times per year. Normally I like piano music accompanying dinner - nice touch. But too often the piano was far too loud making it difficult to converse with my guests and hear the waiter.I would recommend this to a friend.