8100 Lee Highway
Falls Church, VA 22042Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.triomerrifield.com/
- Phone: 7039929200x
- Hours of Operation:
4:00 PM - 11:00 PM Monday - Friday
4:00 PM - 11:00 PM Saturday
4:00 PM - 9:00 PM Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eddie Marine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cigar Room, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us for upbeat live piano played on our baby grand!
A word from TRIO Grill
TRIO Grill is a modern American restaurant in Falls Church, Virginia offering the finest steaks and freshest seafood, an extensive beverage program, and Merrifield’s only cigar lounge. TRIO blends urban sophistication with the relaxed ambiance of a neighborhood grill, making us perfect for date night, after-work drinks or your next private dining occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
TRIO Grill - Best Restaurants in Merrifield ›
TRIO Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)neighborhood gem (73)fit for foodies (65)great for outdoor dining (54)notable wine list (49)romantic (46)good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Overall nice dinnerEG113672Dined on 10/18/2014First time at Trio. Went to celebrate wife's birthday. Overall, the food was good but the service needed a little refining to justify the higher prices. A server delivered a cheese plate to the table and could not explain what the cheese was and what chutney/sauce to accompany it with. Filet was perfect but my wife added blue cheese that completely overwhelmed. My shrimp and grits was tasty - good size shrimp and seasoned well. We will consider coming back, but only after exploring a bit more.Special Features:
- great date nightDaveDined on 10/18/2014We had outstanding service and the food was delicious. Our waiter, Ryan, could not have served us better. He recommended food and wine pairings as well as his personal favorites. We already want to go back to try additional dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food + Service = Great ExperienceRizzoDined on 10/17/2014The food is always awesome at this restaurant and the ambiance is perfect. Our waiter Ryan is about the best you can get. I have eaten at a lot of high end places in my time, but his waiter skills are top notch and his attention to detail was impeccable. The food, the drink, the presentation and the feel is as good as you can get! I recommend everyone check it out!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantgoodpizzaDined on 10/11/2014Had a 14 people reservation for Surprise birthday dinner on Oct 11th. They accommodated to our needs and even gave us the private dining room for us to celebrate. Excellent service, excellent food, and excellent restaurant overall to make the night a perfect one for all of us. I couldn't ask for a better restaurant to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday and from beginning to end, it was just perfect. Thank you to the staff and management for an awesome night!Special Features:
- First time visit - Will go againMikeVIPDined on 10/11/2014We had noticed the Trio Grill over the past few months but hadn't gone there until now. We learned that the Trio Grill is connected to its neighbor - a wine shop, and next to that a sports bar. Our server informed us that if you buy a bottle of wine in the shop you get a $5 discount on corkage. He was also knowledgeable about the menu and wine pairings. My wife had trout and I had short ribs. Both were excellent. I had a seafood appetizer and we shared a salad, which was very flavorable. The owner stopped by and chatted for a few minutes. It is definitely worth it for the quality of the food, pleasant ambiance, friendly service and offer on corkage discount.Special Features:
- Marc1090Dined on 10/10/2014Outstanding experience all around. Loved the Pork Chops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Incredible!TrioDined on 10/9/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary. I looked across many resturant review sites for that special place and the more I looked the less inspired I was to go out for dinner... I then remembered that we once stopped in the Trio Grill several months ago for an early dinner. I made the reservations for 7 through Open Table. From the time we stepped in the door till we left the staff was fantastic! We had appetizers, dinner and dessert with drinks. All were incredible... I also put in the reservation that it was our anniversary. They had champagne when we arrived and a special chocolate cake after dinner. Hard to find a place in Northern VA with consistently great food and service -- Trio Grill is that place!Special Features:
- A keeperJimTDined on 10/8/2014Trio Grill hits all the right notes ... excellent service from friendly and well-trained wait staff; superb and generous cocktails; a deep and varied wine list; and a variety of delicious, well-prepared dishes and sides. After two visits, standouts have been excellent and reasonably priced selection of raw oysters; veal and pork chops; osso buco with homemade paparadelle. Macaroni and cheese side is best ever, anywhere! We were there for their one-year anniversary and at 7:00 there was still a lot of "energy" (noise) coming from the bar, however our waiter assured us that that is not normally the case. Valet parking is a nice touch and probably necessary as the lot was full at 6:30 on a Wednesday night though maybe due to anniversary.Special Features:
- Dr. PDrP7Dined on 10/5/2014We tried Trio on the recommendation of friends and found it to be very good-we will go back. I did think it was pricey. I didn't give it an excellent overall because one dish in particular was not satisfactory, although I didn't call attention to it at the time. The Mussels and Clams in white wine/garlic did not live up to expectations. I have had variations of the dish in many places. The Mussels were overdone, dry and shriveled up. The broth was excellent. We will try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseRobinDined on 10/5/2014Recommended by a friend who has passed by many times, we had a wonderful dinner. The flavors in our food were fabulous. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotEaglesfanDined on 10/4/2014Love this joint - great food and service! My wife and I have been here several times and each entry has been excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab dipBrandonDined on 10/1/2014The most crab I have ever had in crab dip! Could use a little more old bay, nearly perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBobbyPVIPDined on 9/29/20144th time at Trio. Like the tweeks to the menu. Veal porterhouse was fantastic as was the ny strip my son had. Great drink and a extensive wine list that's reasonable. Give it a try. You won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/28/2014The Evening was wonderful and the food was fabulous!Special Features:
- Nice FindJackiDined on 9/27/2014Trio is a great spot with nice ambiance and plenty of outdoor seating. All staff is very friendly. Food was very good and timed appropriately.Special Features:
- A Perfect Birthday DinnerFootsDined on 9/27/2014Based on anonymous" web reviews and a corporate webpage I selected Trio for this year's "surprise location" birthday meal for my wife. Yes; I know a "big" meal based on solely on web reviews and marketing is a calculated risk, but...what a wonderful surprise! We started with great cocktails, Burrata and fresh/tasty oysters. She loved the Oscar Style Medallions ("...tender, perfectly cooked Angus beef and cartilage-free crab!"). I thoroughly enjoyed the Autumn Salmon Salad ("the salmon is cold-smoked in-house"). We finished with a candle-topped Creme Brulee. And, hop-head that I am, I found the beer list (draft & bottled) good & diverse. An outstanding evening! We enjoyed every bite/sip and we look forward to out next visit.Special Features:
- Hidden in Plain SightspiegsDined on 9/27/2014If Trio was in a neighborhood and not along the side of rte29, it would be impossible to get a table. We had been trying for some time and our experience validated why the parking lot and reservations always seem full. Menu is diverse and includes plenty of great small plates as well as entrees that run through the classic seafood, beef and other good meat options. Lamb and Waygu was excellent as were shrimp and grits. Dessert was pretty basic but excellent in prep. Service is friendly but maybe a notch less knowledgeable than a big city fine dining establishment. Good bar with great wine list and tap beer selection. Open plan lets diners see into bar, large TVs distract a little from the atmosphere. There is a cigar room, rare nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CWMayDined on 9/27/2014Excellent experience, as always. One of my favorite places to go.Special Features:
- A pleasant eveningkennethVIPDined on 9/27/2014We usually order the seafood at Trio, but were in a steak mood and were not disappointed, The filet and the New York Strip were excellent and the fried oysters were very tasty. The wine selection by the glass was good and the server did an excellent job. Nice to have a restaurant of this high quality just down the road.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprisewaltVIPDined on 9/27/2014Booked here because all places in Mosaic District were full and found it when looking for a place to eat dinner after our movie. Disputes the good reviews, the place looked a bit casual so I was skeptical. Not was I plesanty surprised! The food was so good. I started with the beet salad which was delicious. Then had the shrimp and grits for my entrée- it had so much flavor! My only disappointment was that I was too full to try dessert. I was also bummed that I didn't know there was such a nice outdoor eating area when I made the reservation and we weren't offered that area when we arrived. But we'll definitely ask next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant FoodHDFHTBOYDined on 9/27/2014The main dishes were great but the side dishes were excellent. We got both the creamed corn with bacon as well as the Brussels Sprouts to share and everyone loved them. Parking looks bad but if you use the valet it is great. We will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningBillDined on 9/27/2014We have been to TRIO Grill with friends several times. It is one of our favorites and has been outstanding each time we have dined there. The wild rockfish was superb. We recommend TRIO to our friends and plan to return soon.Special Features:
- nice placeJadedVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food and service were both good. I guess they allow cigar smoking on the outside patio because we walked through a cloud of cigar smoke on the way in. Yuck. Also there were flies buzzing around inside the restaurant and it got rather annoying having to shoo them away repeatedly. We've not had that problem here before so maybe it was a one-time thing. Overall it's a nice restaurant and we'll go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful!restaurantluvDined on 9/21/2014The location is in a weird place but inside is wonderful...and the service and food is exceptional. I am definitely coming back here!Special Features:
- Great food, great outdoor seatingchollieDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I sat outside on a cool beautiful Sept evening. Perfect weather. The food was perfect. We both had Filet Mignon cooked to our specifications. Good variety on the menu without being overwhelming. I wrote in the Open Table comment section that is was my wife's birthday and the waiter didn't disappoint. He brought us a chocolate piece of cake with a candle and two glasses of champagne!! A perfect end to a perfect evening!Special Features:
- Great, but Too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Great place for a birthday celebration dinner on a Friday night. VERY noisy! The bar was particularly loud, and our booth's back was to the bar. Live pianist was great, but he played prestissimo -- very, very fast -- even jazz standards. It was anxiety-inducing. Loved the live music, but would have liked it to be more relaxed and cool. Our server, Ryan, was polite, attentive, and friendly. He helped make the night special by bringing dessert with a candle in it. Good appetizers, reasonably-sized entries, delicious cheese options, and excellent cocktails. Recommend, but try earlier in the night on a weekend to avoid to volume.Special Features:
- Solid steak and seafood placeDapperHaggisDined on 9/18/2014Great service. Food was excellent. Steaks were cooked perfectly. Sides were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good eats but noiseyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Thought the food and service were excellent. The only issue I had was the noise level made it difficult to talk to my date. Recommend it for a good night out but not for a first date if you are trying to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningNydiningDined on 9/13/2014We so enjoyed our dining experience at Trio! The service was at tentative without being overbearing. The drinks and appetizers were delicious (Trio Manhattan, crab dip & beef carpaccio). The main courses were all excellent and we never felt rushed. The ice cream for dessert was so different, rich & delicious...better to share a dish! Would highly recommend Trio for a special meal. A little expensive but well worth it!Special Features:
- Such a gem!LoveDiningOutDined on 9/12/2014We finally tried Trio Grill, and we were so glad that we did! Usually we go to DC to get a good steak but now Trio will be our go-to. The food was amazing, and the service was perfect. Our server was extremely attentive without hovering. We sat outside which was nice and quiet. The only drawback is that the patio seating looks at the Sunoco gas station which seemed very strange.Special Features:
- great restaurant!FireChrisDined on 9/12/2014This is a great new restaurant and addition to the Merifield/Falls Church area. The bar had a great selection of whiskeys and the happy hour menu was excellent. Dinner was great. There were many different entree options and you will not be disappointed. The service was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful DiningDine4funDined on 9/12/2014Attentive service without hovering. Food, wine and cocktails excellent. Lamb perfect, not overdone. Veal and short ribs succulent. Scallops a bit heavy for a seafood dish. Seasonal salads delightful and fresh. Loved that the sommilier was willing to come to the table and guide us through the wine list so we could choose an appropriate wine for the variety of dishes. Not a fan of cheesecake, but this was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!KpowellDined on 9/9/2014Wonderful restaurant, outstanding food and great service. A bit pricey and the noise level was a bit high but worth the price. One of the best meals I've had and the staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014It was our first time dining at Trio. The food was outstanding!Special Features:
- very solid performerrowingmanVIPDined on 8/30/2014Every aspect of dinner at Trio was good. From the bread, to the raw bar appetizers, through J's steak salad and coffee everything was well prepared, presented, and reasonably priced. This is a very solid restaurant. Noise level is such that you can have a conversation without shouting, and the atmosphere is upscale. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great food and ambientMmsmVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is our fourth or fifth time at the Trio and, as usual, we were not disappointed. My husband and I have been there alone and have also taken other couples and everyone loved the food and the ambient. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet restaurantCaveEmptorDined on 8/29/2014Started with cocktails: old fashioned and drink with Hemingway. Drinks were nice and strong, old fashioned a somewhat meager with huge ice cube. Moved on to a beet salad and the Norwegian smoked salmon. Both were excellent! Lemon sauce accompanying the salmon refreshed the palate. Completed the meal with the peach turnover a la mode was also delicious with crunchy granola - not over sugared but still sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lola2003VIPDined on 8/28/2014I cannot find the words to express how wonderful our experience at Trio Grill was. It was birthday and the staff was more than accommodating. They worked with my husband and allowed him to choose our table, and the flowers he ordered to be waiting for me at the table. The food was out of this world and our server, Ashley, is just awesome!! The chef even went out of her way to prepare a dish for my husband that was not even on the menu. Needless to say, we will be going back soon!!!Special Features:
- the food was delicious!K123VIPDined on 8/23/2014Would definitely return! I had the filet (with a side of truffle fries) and my friend had the chicken breast. Both of us had tomato caprese and were just too full for dessert. The steak was delicious as were the potatoes and asparagus that accompanied them. The the price point was a full 10-20$$ less than a traditional steakhouse per entree. We loved it! Great meal. Our waitress was delightful, and the food was delivered hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Four people dined out. All four had different items. All four commented on how perfectly amazing their dinner tasted.Special Features: