8100 Lee Highway
Falls Church, VA 22042Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.triomerrifield.com/
- Phone: 7039929200x
- Hours of Operation:
4:00 PM - 11:00 PM Monday - Friday
4:00 PM - 11:00 PM Saturday
4:00 PM - 9:00 PM Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eddie Marine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cigar Room, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us for upbeat live piano played on our baby grand!
A word from TRIO Grill
TRIO Grill is a modern American restaurant in Falls Church, Virginia offering the finest steaks and freshest seafood, an extensive beverage program, and Merrifield’s only cigar lounge. TRIO blends urban sophistication with the relaxed ambiance of a neighborhood grill, making us perfect for date night, after-work drinks or your next private dining occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TRIO Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)neighborhood gem (64)fit for foodies (63)great for outdoor dining (60)romantic (49)good for groups (46)notable wine list (44)vibrant bar scene (21)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)Show More
- very solid performerrowingmanVIPDined on 8/30/2014Every aspect of dinner at Trio was good. From the bread, to the raw bar appetizers, through J's steak salad and coffee everything was well prepared, presented, and reasonably priced. This is a very solid restaurant. Noise level is such that you can have a conversation without shouting, and the atmosphere is upscale. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great food and ambientMmsmVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is our fourth or fifth time at the Trio and, as usual, we were not disappointed. My husband and I have been there alone and have also taken other couples and everyone loved the food and the ambient. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Started with cocktails: old fashioned and drink with Hemingway. Drinks were nice and strong, old fashioned a somewhat meager with huge ice cube. Moved on to a beet salad and the Norwegian smoked salmon. Both were excellent! Lemon sauce accompanying the salmon refreshed the palate. Completed the meal with the peach turnover a la mode was also delicious with crunchy granola - not over sugared but still sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was delicious!K123VIPDined on 8/23/2014Would definitely return! I had the filet (with a side of truffle fries) and my friend had the chicken breast. Both of us had tomato caprese and were just too full for dessert. The steak was delicious as were the potatoes and asparagus that accompanied them. The the price point was a full 10-20$$ less than a traditional steakhouse per entree. We loved it! Great meal. Our waitress was delightful, and the food was delivered hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Four people dined out. All four had different items. All four commented on how perfectly amazing their dinner tasted.Special Features:
- Nicll e eveningMcleanDined on 8/22/2014As always, we enjoyed the experience---the food was very good, well-cooked and the staff attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FoodfreakVIPDined on 8/18/2014The food and service are superlative. The wine list is very good and I'm still thinking about my delicious "Moscow Mule". We looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Great Food; Slow PaceFoodRUsDined on 8/15/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Trio Grill. The outdoor seating area was pleasant. The wine list was extensive, as were the draft/bottled beers and other drinks. Our waitress was knowledgeable and personable. However, the pace of our meal was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014Outstanding food and service, it was great eating outside.Special Features:
- Great anniversary spot!KatiemooDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I had one of the best meals of our lives (try the scallops and steak dishes) for our one year wedding anniversary. The food, service, and atmosphere were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it ...GlobetrotDined on 8/9/2014Very good food. Very good service. We had the small fillet and the shrimp and sausage. Wine list quite good. We had wine by the glass. Selection there good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly servicemdiciccoVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food is very good but the service really stands out. Very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Great first visitJMKtravelsalotVIPDined on 8/6/2014Dined at Trio finally. Had cheese tray to start. Large portions with lovely truffle oil honey. Split beat salad which was a great mix of flavors. Table bread is great as is the honey mustard butter. Wine list has something for all. Higher-end, rated wines very well priced. Fillet was perfect. Service excellent. Will be back for more.Special Features:
- ClassyThegmanDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I have eaten at Trios several times and we are NEVER disappointed. The food is incredible - especially their hand made pasta. The service - from the front door greeter to the waiters are all professional and add to the experience. Trios is on our list of best places to dinne!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good First Time ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014I'm not sure if it is more crowded during the week, but when we went on Sunday it was very quiet. The majority of people were eating on the outdoor patio. The food was good especially the little donuts rolled in cinnamon sugar and drizzled with icing. The mealbportions were generous and flavorful. The staff was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014We had a nice dinner at TRIO Grill on Sat. evening. The food was good but the steaks were over priced for the cut of meat by about $10.00 each. For the price they are asking a side should be included. The restaurant was very nice and the staff was nice. For a large dining room the noise was not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a late dinnerDRBrunsDined on 8/1/2014The service was excellent along with the food. I would characterize this more as a steak house. Nice pianist on weekends adds to the environment. The bar master has created several speciality cocktails. My wife and I had a very enjoyable late night meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio is a winnersecondwindDined on 7/22/2014Following the successful launch of the Circa restaurants in DC and VA, the MGH group has brought, in Trio, a great restaurant venue to Merrifield, VA., characterized by fine dining, highlighted by a select and interesting menu, coupled to a fine wine offering, served by an attentive and professional staff. The prices are moderate and appropriate for the dining experience. the ambiance is wonderful for romantic time together, not stuffy, but also fits groups and meetings for lunch or dinner very well. Next door is the more casual Open Road restaurant with live music, a great bar, and fun food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio is an undiscovered gemLuvgoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014The food, wine selection, and service were excellent. The ambience is very upscale with live musc in the evenings. I have been there several times for dinner and now for Sunday brunch. I recommend Trio to anyone. The drive from Arlington to Vienna is worth it! Parking is not a problem.Special Features:
- LOVE this Place!!!!DeliciousDined on 7/19/2014We love coming to this restaurant! The atmosphere is awesome...the food and drinks are amazing and the staff are friendly and make for a great experience!Special Features:
- Great new steak houseJeffDined on 7/19/2014This was a great place to dine. When you walk in there is live music on the piano. The food was delicious from the smoked bread, crab dip and steaks. Also try their signature old fashion that comes out of a cool little barrel on the bar counter.Special Features:
- DeliciousSourgirlebDined on 7/19/2014I am so happy to finally try this place. The hostesses were very friendly and comfortable seating. It looked very nice. The antipasti plate was so very good. The filet with the chianti jus was phenomenal. Even the bread and butter was delicious. I had the key lime pie and it was yummy. My husband had the bone in prime rib with the truffle fries. He ended with the peach upside down cake and loved it. They even have a menu for the kids, my daughter enjoyed the pizza with a bowl of ice cream to finish. I was very pleased with the experience. Parking can be a little snug but I understand they have valet.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationclassydinerDined on 7/18/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Trio and we very much appreciated your fine gesture acknowledging my friend's birthday with a champagne toast on the house. The scallops were amazing as well as all the other dishes; everyone enjoyed their meal. Thanks for making the evening a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Brunch At Trio Grill!TriciaVIPDined on 7/13/2014This is a relatively new place to dine and we decided to try it. The restaurant is lovely and tables well spaced - service wonderful and food was great! I liked the menu choices very much - I enjoyed the fried calamari with artichoke hearts - great steak and delicious chocolate locally made ice cream! They also have a great choice of champagne by the glass which is important to me. I highly recommend this new restaurant to all - the menu choices are varied and there is something delicious to enjoy for everyone!!Special Features:
- Always great foodsblankDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I have been to Trios four or five times now. The food has always been top of the line and the service outstanding. The only drawback is the noise level which can at times be overpowering. A better buffer between the bar and the dining areas would make dining there even more pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit DisappointingNYRepeatDined on 7/11/2014After an earlier outstanding dining experience on the outdoor patio of Trio at Merrifield, it was especially disappointing to take a close friend there and to have poor service and average to poor food. Bread was tough and cold. Waiter was non-responsive. Won't return.
- Nice place & Great food.MetromodernMerrifieldDined on 7/9/2014Nice place, not in a normal setting but the area is really building up to be a great place to hang out. Excellent decor, great food, excellent service. A bit pricey for where the restaurant is, but if they last a couple of years, it will probably be a vibrant neighborhood. BTW- Tried the "Steve McQueen" drink ..... and will do it again.Special Features:
- Piano's acoustics are too loudeasydinerDined on 7/5/2014Met another couple for dinner on Saturday night. They were a little late for our 7:00pm reservation, so my soft-spoken wife and I were seated first, about midway back in the main dining room. As long as the pianist was playing, I had trouble hearing her, even though she was sitting right next to me, which continued after our friends (and others) arrived, even though the piano player wasn't intentionally playing too loudly. I enjoy live music, but I'd rather hear my table companions clearly without raising our voices all evening. Otherwise the place was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent ambiance and well-prepared, tasty food. Unfortunately, as my neighbors told me - you are too expensive! In my opinion, most prices are 15% to 25% too high for the location and marketplace. I was hoping for a "fair-priced" option to The Capital Grill, but was disappointed. There is a profitable place for great steaks between $24 to $36. When I find it, I will have no problem with 2 to 3 visits per month. At your current prices, I may dine 2 to 3 times per year. Normally I like piano music accompanying dinner - nice touch. But too often the piano was far too loud making it difficult to converse with my guests and hear the waiter.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningJermanDined on 7/2/2014We made reservations for my wife's birthday. Having never dined here, we did not know what to expect. We arrived on time and were immediately escorted to our table and expected our waiter to immediately swoop to our assistance. Instead, we waited a little longer than we are accustomed, which raised my blood pressure a bit. The delay made perfect sense, after our waiter (RG?) made his way to our table to surprise us with our favorite drinks and an appetizer that had been generously ordered by neighbors. We then warned RG that we would be around for a while and he understood. Throughout the evening, he was perfectly attentive without being intrusive...bringing us delicious oysters, filet topped with crab imperial and desert.Special Features:
- Bj01Dined on 7/2/2014Entre was so so and over priced . Great ambience and decor.
- Great Service; Great FoodxhhhDined on 6/30/2014Expensive. But really good service which really added to our experience. The food was very good also and worth the price. The ambiance was a little off and didn't match the quality of service or food. The furnishings were good but the music being played was out of character and the large tv screens visible from every table gave it a different feel. It didn't feel as upscale as the service and food experience. We would return and recommend to others because of our experience but with hesitation because of this incongruity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceNoVaDinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014We went there for a 40th Wedding Anniversary on a Sunday night. Overall, the experience was great with really good food and outstanding service. It is a bit on the pricey side, but not any different than other DC area restaurants of the same caliber. The noise level was low, however, we were the only inside table (there were a couple groups outside). Although I did not get to enjoy the Cigar Lounge or outdoor seating area, they both looked nice and something that I would come back to try. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others. If you have the chance, get Ryan as your server, he was absolutely amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First ImpressionluveatnoutVIPDined on 6/28/2014After passing this new restaurant every day for months on my commute, we finally made it in on Saturday night. We dine out often and were very pleased to find a great new spot - that was easy to book on Open Table (a must)! TRIO Grill is not inexpensive, but it is elegant, comfortable and casually "un-stuffy." The staff is attentive, eager to please (we felt appreciated) and the menu offers something for everyone. We found the food both delicious and generous (enough for a nice Sunday leftover lunch for us both). We are eager to return with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayabcdVIPDined on 6/28/2014Had a party of 7 with 2 well behaved children. Our waiter, Ryan, was excellent - he seemed to be everywhere at once and got it right. Food, service and ambience all made for a wonderful celebration. WE'LL BE BACK.Special Features:
- A Fabulous Find!!CharliDined on 6/27/2014What a fabulous find!! I have visited this restaurant twice and have yet to be disappointed. The food is consistently delicious and the service is great. Fine dining in a relaxed, yet chic environment. Beautiful live piano music, easily visible television screens for the sports enthusiast, a fine wine/cocktail list, delightful desserts, a pleasant staff, and again, DELICIOUS food! I'm sure Trio's Grill will be a favorite of mine for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio GrillDwayneBDined on 6/24/2014A fantastic evening. My wife and I reestablished date night not that our kids are older. We picked a Tuesday and chose Trio Grill based on Open Table comments. It was a great choice. The Aaron, the Manager, and Serg, our Server, made it a very special night. Before dinner we got the Anti-pasta - Amazing. It would make a great dinner all by itself. I had Lamb and my wife had Fish, the Aaron chose a perfect wine from a very robust cellar to perfectly compliment both dishes. Both dishes were perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. The Risotto that comes with Scallops looked really good so I had that with my Lamb for a small up-charge. The most incredible Risotto I've ever had. Highly recommended. We will go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/21/2014We started at the bar where the cocktails and bartender were fantastic! The food we ordered for dinner was also great, however, with a menu that is a single page long it is disappointing that they ran out of the appetizer we initially wanted (beef carpaccio). We were also informed of the specials, and when we went to order the fish entree special we were also told that they were out of this. At 8:00 on a Saturday, this seemed bizarre. We will certainly go back because what we did have was delicious, let's just hope they get there ordering more accurate between now and then so we can enjoy what is advertised.Special Features:
- Delicious!lylacVIPDined on 6/21/2014This was a superlative experience! The gold margarita was one of the best I've had. The antipasti was interesting and very good. My diver scallops ($32) were the best I've ever had -- and that's saying a lot since I frequently order scallops. My husband's pork chop ($28) was delicious. It was Saturday night and fairly noisy. The piano music was a little loud but still very nice. (Our table was nearby.) There is seating outdoors, but you can't hear the music. The general manager helped us choose wine by the glass and then stopped by to see how we liked it. My husband's red wine was outstanding. All in all, a little expensive but well worth it. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good with wrinklesDenSDined on 6/21/2014Had 7:45PM appointment, and was seated promptly despite being quite busy on this Sat'd night. Waiter good, attentive, but this waned towards end of evening. Took nearly 15mins just to get our check. Flounder special was expensive and the fish was dry... I asked them not to put in the crab stuffing, and this may have been conducive to this outcome. Salmon (on a salad) was excellent, as was a mushroom flat bread prior as appetizer. Was dining with my >90 yr old mother, and it was a tad noisy..... it was nice experience, as the ambience is appealing... and the food was fresh. Salad was excellent. Did not have desert... Bread was ok, but perhaps better with olive oil. Lovely evening, but not sure it was worth price.Special Features: