7565 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, OH 45236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://triobistro.com/
- Phone: 5139841905x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm; Sunday Omelet Station: 10:30am - 1:30pm: Lunch until 4p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Adam Wylie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Trio To Go? Let us know if you would like your favorite dishes to go!
- Special Events: Trio has an elegantly appointed dining room for private events. The Veranda seats up to 75 and can be divided with a sound proof wall to host smaller groups. Prefect for Cocktail Receptions, Celebration Dinners, Showers, Seminars, and Luncheons. House audio visual includes 50" Smart TV's, WIFI, Laser Pointer, Wired Mic.
A word from TRIO
Trio, one of Cincinnati's favorite restaurants for over 25 years, is known for serving fresh seafood daily, along with great steaks, extraordinary pasta dishes, generous portions of specialty salads, California style pizzas, & a wide range of sandwiches. Trio has become the hot spot of Cincinnati for its extensive wine list. Trio currently serves over 30 different wines by the glass, offering the best California wines by the glass or bottle. During the spring, summer & fall Trio diners may prefer to dine in the Veranda. Trio can accommodate private parties from 24 to 65 guests in one of the private dining rooms. Over the years Trio has received Cincinnati Magazine’s "Best Wine List", "Best Casual Service", "Best Entree", "Best Redesigned Restaurant in Cincinnati". Additionally, TRIO is Zagat rated "Best Casual Service" & "Excellent".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
TRIO reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (132)great for lunch (105)special occasion (91)fit for foodies (88)good for groups (65)notable wine list (58)romantic (39)great for brunch (34)hot spot (22)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- Sweetest day gatheringPatelpgDined on 10/18/2014Last minute reservations a little later on the night but well worth it. Get the small plates to share and taste a bit of everyone'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014A casual yet sophisticated atmosphere with a good selection of food and drinks make this a dependable choice, which accounts for it being an usually busy spot. Trio's offers small pours.(3 oz wine pours) which is appreciated. They will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood eateryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Trios has evolved over the years.... It is now at least 100+% larger/more seating than originally......And the menu has expandeded to be quite interesting, ever changing.. The loveliest part of Trios is the friendly, ever accommodating staff! And the atmosphere has matured as well- quite quaint and really well situated for some private time in the well designed booths!Special Features:
- Good foodPatriceDined on 10/17/2014Good food, service was fine but nothing extra ordinary--decor inside seemed a little dated...but overall nice and food was delicious!Special Features:
- Great food and Wine!FineDinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I like Trio alot. It is perfect for when you want a nicer dinner before a movie than Deweys pizza! And I find it is a great place to take out of town guests because it has such a selection of foods. I had the pork chop and wasnt as pleased due to its fattiness *(almost half was fat) but the flavor was great and I have a small appetite anyway. The sauce on top was a little too rich and salty for me, but it was easy to slide it off. My husband had the paparadelle pasta with red meat sauce which was delicious. We both agreed the food was too salty (and we arent the type of people who ask for low or no salt in restaurants usually). My only thought was the chef must be a smoker because all the food was balanced, just too salty.Special Features:
- Great food, GreatService!GMacDined on 10/15/2014Had a business lunch meeting and decided on Trios and am glad I did. I had one a terrific Cobb Salad. My associate had the Scallops which he said were very good! Nice atmosphere, great service and very good food. I recommend Trios for your consideration.Special Features:
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014Trio never disappoints. Recent visit was during the week, early, so it was very quiet and the service was perfect. Server answered questions with confident knowledge. My guest from NY had a lovely dining experience. I had the grouper small plate. It was so good, I'll probably get the entrée portion next time. Spaghetti squash went so well with the grouper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just The Two UsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/12/2014The night was capped off by the excellent and very cordial service provided by our waitress. The food was timely delivered and deliciously prepared as well as fully tasteful to our individual palettes. The meals were fully satisfying without being too much in terms of quantity; the quality was evident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysGarygDined on 10/11/2014Good food, good service. Wish we had place like this in West Chester/Liberty Twp/Mason area.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceCvthVIPDined on 10/10/2014Decided late - got a table - nice service - nice food. We go here a lot - so sometimes we feel menu could change a bit - but no complaints Server was nice - service was quick but did not feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like weatherOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/9/2014Just like weather means when the service is good usually your experience is good. Unfortunately this evening the server made several errors and that was disappointing as this does not usually occur at TrioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go!BamagirlDined on 10/8/2014We have been to this restaurant many times and it never disappoints. I like the atmosphere, the food is always great and the service is hard to beat. When we are searching for someplace that is guaranteed to not disappoint, Trio's is our go-to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for foodCoolchic34Dined on 10/8/2014Trio's food is the best, but I always feel the restaurant is noisey and I think the tables are a little too close together. Service was great!Special Features:
- Trio Does It AgainCareerSageVIPDined on 10/7/2014I love Trio. It is one of my top 3 restaurants in the Cincinnati area. I am a frequent customer and always have wonderful food. This visit I had the salad Nicoise, a favorite I hadn't ordered in a long time. I won't make that mistake again! I love this salad, and the way that Trio presents it is outstanding. The dressing is perfect; the ingredients just right. It is an excellent salad for a meal. The service was outstanding. Trio doesn't rush us, but lets each table have its own dining time. It was especially important for my lunch friend and myself during a special, critical time in our friendship. Thank you.Special Features:
- Don't get the meatloafOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014I'd say the overall experience was good. This price point was a little high. I ordered the meat loaf dish for lunch and my meatloaf was dry and hard. I believe it may have been left under the heating lamp too long. The mashed potatoes, sautéed carrots and brussels sprouts were really good but I was really looking forward to my meatloaf and that was a great disappointment. Our server was great though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitaVIPDined on 10/4/2014Trio is so dependable. We always find their fish specials so beautifully done. The presentation on the Scottish salmon is a work of art. We can always count on having a nice meal and go often.Special Features:
- Great Dinner With FriendsREK3RDDined on 9/29/2014Wonderful location, diverse menu and Food prepared perfectly. Service excellent and really enjoyed the dining area open on a beautiful Fall evening.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Loved the food and the outdoor patio with large screen TV that was not too intrusive. Would go again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodShirleyDined on 9/26/2014Trio has consistently good food and good service. The noise level is a bit more than I would like, but other than that the ambiance is good. I always enjoy eating there. I've had a number of dishes on the menu and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- What a Find!venicedineDined on 9/26/2014Tucked away on Orchard Lane just across Kenwood Road from Nordstrom's in the Kenwood Towne Center, is this little gem with it's fine dining, exceptional service, and comfortable, friendly ambiance. Their scrumptious dishes are meticulously presented with just the right amount of attention from their smartly attired servers. Everything is good, and don't forget their in house dessert creations! They get an A!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerKwithacDined on 9/25/2014With two friends I celebrated my birthday at Trio on Thursday. I'd made the reservation with Open Table and requested Verandah which is my preference every time. The booths in the front are not lighted well and the room doesn't have that open feeling of the Verandah. I ordered the scallops which were excellent. Served on a bed of fennel, asparagus, celery (I'm assuming) and onion was way too much but regardless I ate it. So I couldn't eat my special order of spinach which my friends cheerfully did.Special Features:
- rrh1961Dined on 9/24/2014Our server was gracious and accommodating. The food was excellent. A truly lovely dining experience...Special Features:
- Great PlaceGREATLUNCHDined on 9/23/2014Was a great place to eat and the food was good! Perfect for a business luncheon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentklavierDined on 9/20/2014Overall was awesome. Our server was fantastic;just a little over-eager (coming to table literally every 5 mins. But that is much, much better than being unattentive. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAVORITEBASSOVIPDined on 9/18/2014Can't say enough about our favorite restaurant's food, drinks, and service to find fifty words every time we go there. It is perfect for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The usualExpectthebestDined on 9/17/2014GREAT food quality and prompt and courteous service each time we visit this restaurant.Special Features:
- Being my first visit to TrioDAVEDEBDined on 9/16/2014It was busy. More busy then I thought it would be for a Tuesday evening (9/16) but they was prompt from the time we walked in the door, seated, menu, drinks, answer questions, food, refills, dessert and real smiles. Everything a good restaurant should be. I love the Wedge with crumble blue cheese, got that blue cheese tang I love. Flat Iron Steak was very good. On the on-line reservation I noted in there that it was our wedding anniversary that day and the waitress knew that without us saying anything. The waitress (JoAnn, I believe) knows her position very well and she was ever willing to make our evening enjoyable. Not a quiet place but it could be just that evening as it looks like everybody was having a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finedinerVIPDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I had the halibut special. We asked if the sauce could be changed and we were accommodated with the sauce we wanted. The halibut was outstanding. Our server, Cassidy, was excellent. She was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- Glad Trio's is so closeKenwoodVIPDined on 9/11/2014Ran over for a light dinner. Everything was great. My husband tried the chicken and pasta light offering with a salad. I had my standby - the skirt steak salad - yum. Our server understood we were tired and hungry. She accommodated us perfectly. I like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flat BreadDilayDined on 9/11/2014Their Salmon Flat Bread, Margarita Pizza is excellent !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happilyretiredhappilyretiredDined on 9/9/2014It is very noisy and crowded in Trio. But the food is good. Nice selection of menu items for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Morning BrunchJagsDined on 9/7/2014Trios is a pleasant for a Sunday Morning Brunch. We normally meet our Grandson who goes to Xavier there. They will be changing the menu this month and since I am an Eggs Benedict type of person, am anxious to see the new brunch layout.Special Features:
- Great service45249dinersDined on 9/3/2014We hit bad traffic and were 20 minutes late. Had to be out in an hour. Servers did excellent job accomplishing that goal without rushing us. Food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio CincinnatiTheresatriDined on 9/2/2014The atmosphere is modern cozy and romantic. We had fish and it was the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No comment Just want to tell trioEatdinneroftenDined on 8/30/2014No comment mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I just wanted to tell trio but not put this on your website.Special Features:
- Always great food and service.RMPRVIPDined on 8/30/2014Trio continues to be a great place whether a big group or place to decide on for just two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Another great evening at Trio.... Capreze salad is a great addition... Should add it to the regular menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent Trio Diner4SaturdayNightDinersVIPDined on 8/28/2014Food was excellent, service was impeccable, price was reasonable and the setting on the veranda was quiet and very conducive to conducting business.Special Features:
- What's Happened?TeriVIPDined on 8/23/2014I have Eaten at Trios for 20years. Do they have a new chef, business bad or have they simply stopped caring? Lunch this past Saturday was a real disappointment. Their Classic French Onion soup looked unappetizing, greasy, cup was not even filled, very little cheese on top and was bland. Gazpacho was still tasty and presentation lovely but very small portion compared to the past. Would have appreciated a heads up from our server on change to small size so I could have ordered differently. Seems like everyone and everything has become tired.
- MDPBDined on 8/21/2014When we entered the fishy smell almost drove us to another establishment. However we had been wanting to try Trio for some time. Two of us had the veal piccata and enjoyed it very much except both of us thought the capellini was over cooked. Another had the pasta primavera. The vegetables were not as he had been told and it came with many he did not like. The pasta was also over cooked. Overall, the menu is not inspiring. Doubtful if we return.I would recommend this to a friend.