7565 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, OH 45236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://triobistro.com/
- Phone: (513) 984-1905
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm; Sunday Omelet Station: 10:30am - 1:30pm: Lunch until 4p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Adam Wylie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Trio To Go? Let us know if you would like your favorite dishes to go!
- Special Events: Trio has an elegantly appointed dining room for private events. The Veranda seats up to 75 and can be divided with a sound proof wall to host smaller groups. Prefect for Cocktail Receptions, Celebration Dinners, Showers, Seminars, and Luncheons. House audio visual includes 50" Smart TV's, WIFI, Laser Pointer, Wired Mic.
A word from TRIO
Trio, one of Cincinnati's favorite restaurants for over 25 years, is known for serving fresh seafood daily, along with great steaks, extraordinary pasta dishes, generous portions of specialty salads, California style pizzas, & a wide range of sandwiches. Trio has become the hot spot of Cincinnati for its extensive wine list. Trio currently serves over 30 different wines by the glass, offering the best California wines by the glass or bottle. During the spring, summer & fall Trio diners may prefer to dine in the Veranda. Trio can accommodate private parties from 24 to 65 guests in one of the private dining rooms. Over the years Trio has received Cincinnati Magazine’s "Best Wine List", "Best Casual Service", "Best Entree", "Best Redesigned Restaurant in Cincinnati". Additionally, TRIO is Zagat rated "Best Casual Service" & "Excellent".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
TRIO reviews from OpenTable diners
244 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (154)great for lunch (108)fit for foodies (104)special occasion (94)good for groups (77)notable wine list (64)romantic (49)great for brunch (34)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- Trusted FriendZuum2zuumVIPDined on 11/24/2014I was going to use the term "consistent" But that would have made TRIO sound weak. This restaurant is intimate but BIG in all other respects. The kitchen is innovative and provides specials that are always compelling. The menu is diverse with delicious favorites that always have a contemporary twist. Service is always friendly, knowledgeable and respectful.....that last descriptor is rare. At TRIO the servers are expert at timing their approach and attentiveness. Love it for business lunches and for relaxing with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Service was Outstanding, going back tonight for dinner as a matter of factSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MullsVIPDined on 11/21/2014Always has great service. We eat there 6-7 times per year and service is consistently excellent. Also one of the few restaurants that has a full selection of Orin Swift wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 of the 4 meals were excellent. The 4th was oka.MammadoDined on 11/21/2014The veal picata was excellent as the the pork chop. The ambiance was lovely warm and cozy as always. The service was not as good as usual. Server seemed rushed and not as familiar with menu items as usual. Still a favorite place but miss the bar b que pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super selection; superb servicethouseDined on 11/20/2014Have not been to Trio's in years. Our recent lunch experience was great, and brought back memories of visits past. We found their menu to have a wonderful selection. Our order was prepared as described. Service was wonderful. Would not hesitate to stop back. Definitely want to come back to try dinner and brunch sometime in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abbyc876Dined on 11/16/2014Every item was fabulous. There were 3 of us and we all had new items on the menu and one seafood special, including a new appetizer. Trio's has never dissapointed in the 20 plus years I have been going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TablefanVIPDined on 11/16/2014I am writing a private note to the restaurant. This should not be a mandatory field.
- blesetDined on 11/15/2014Good food in a relaxed atmosphere. Great wine list with most wines by the glassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Special of the day was outstanding. wait staff was knowledgable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2014My husband an I went to Trio to celebrate our anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed our night. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunceon favorite spot!4SaturdayNightDinersVIPDined on 11/14/2014Great for us: Casar with anchovies and cup of chicken noodle soup. Easy on the wallet, easy on the calorie intake, great on the taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.LoriSDined on 11/12/2014This is a well run organization with delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably GoodDowntownfunDined on 11/10/2014I never have had a bad meal here. Staff and management very friendly. Love the Tuesday wine deal of 25% off a bottle!Special Features:
- Great date night!B2MasonDined on 11/8/2014Sea bass and strip steak were delicious as was the fabulous bottle of Petite Sirah. We had a thoroughly enjoyable time and will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good evening outRubydewDined on 11/7/2014Our server was well versed on the menu. She also made sure that the food was well paced. The food was fresh and well flavored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014My go to date night or night with the girls restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently terrific!mormsDined on 11/3/2014I have eaten at Trio's regularly over the years and it never fails to be a terrific dining experience.Special Features:
- Overall great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Made reservation last minute. Food and service was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid keeper!KayOHDined on 10/31/2014Great little place with excellent food. Quiet atmosphere and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR foodsam0Dined on 10/31/2014NEVER order the chicken pot pie. First, it is not a pie. It is deconstructed. There is a glob of carrots (lots), a few other veggies (few) and search for the chicken. Lucky if you find any. All in a thick goop. No crust at all. A puff pastry piece on the side. I was terribly disappointed.
- Not that greatPaulDined on 10/30/2014The food was ok. So much so , that I cant remember what I had and its been less than a week since I was there. What I do remember is what they charge for a glass of wine. They had two sizes. A 3 ounce pour for $9+ depending on the wine. And a 6 ounce pour that was $12-16.
- still great foodfoodloverDined on 10/30/2014Even after so many year, food and service still great and very popular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLove2EatDined on 10/28/2014I took my daughter to dinner and was excited for her to have the key lime pie-it is her favorite dessert and Trios had the very best I had ever tasted. I was very disappointed to see it had been taken off the menu. We ordered flavored ice tea-we were not told it was not refillable-only one glass for $3.95. I have never been to a restaurant that does not refill ice tea. Cheesecake Factory has one of the best flavored teas and you can drink all you like. I feel it was overpriced.Special Features:
- Good Variety, all DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014My party of 5 had all different entrees, ranging from the Soy glazed Sea Bass to the Meatloaf. All were very good. The noise level is surprisingly low for the size of the restaurant. It was filled when we visited. The desserts also had a very nice variety and all were excellent.Special Features:
- Trio - reliable gemYur369hatDined on 10/23/2014Very good meal. Nice ambience. You can always count on Trio for a good dining experience. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great nightgoodeaterVIPDined on 10/21/2014always have a excellent dining experience at trio's. Wait staff always attentive and well informed. Food is always top notch. enjoy going there even though it's not in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweetest day gatheringPatelpgDined on 10/18/2014Last minute reservations a little later on the night but well worth it. Get the small plates to share and taste a bit of everyone'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We took our friends who were visiting for the weekend. They could not stop talking about the food and the entire experience. The sea bass and short ribs were simply amazing, the service was excellent and the staff, while busy, really seemed to be enjoying making sure we were happy. Can't wait to return1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBASSOVIPDined on 10/18/2014Our favorite restaurant gave us fine food with terrible service Never had such service thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner successSDIeatsDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful meal. The recently added to the menu, and recommended by our waiter, Braised Short Ribs were absolutely incredible. Service was great, my glass remained full and I never felt like we were ignored or check on too frequently. It was a relatively quiet room which lended itself to a comfortable conversation level. The only downer was the latte with dessert. We had the flourless chocolate cake which would have been better with an espresso instead of a latte. The latte was weak and had very little coffee flavor. If you like coffee with your dessert go for the espresso. Overall great meal. We would certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014A casual yet sophisticated atmosphere with a good selection of food and drinks make this a dependable choice, which accounts for it being an usually busy spot. Trio's offers small pours.(3 oz wine pours) which is appreciated. They will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement Dinnerwhitey42Dined on 10/17/2014Took my now fiancee back to Trios where we went on our first date two years ago. Really enjoyedtheir house salad and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood eateryCincinnatiPattyVIPDined on 10/17/2014Trios has evolved over the years.... It is now at least 100+% larger/more seating than originally......And the menu has expandeded to be quite interesting, ever changing.. The loveliest part of Trios is the friendly, ever accommodating staff! And the atmosphere has matured as well- quite quaint and really well situated for some private time in the well designed booths!Special Features:
- Good foodPatriceDined on 10/17/2014Good food, service was fine but nothing extra ordinary--decor inside seemed a little dated...but overall nice and food was delicious!Special Features:
- Great food and Wine!FineDinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I like Trio alot. It is perfect for when you want a nicer dinner before a movie than Deweys pizza! And I find it is a great place to take out of town guests because it has such a selection of foods. I had the pork chop and wasnt as pleased due to its fattiness *(almost half was fat) but the flavor was great and I have a small appetite anyway. The sauce on top was a little too rich and salty for me, but it was easy to slide it off. My husband had the paparadelle pasta with red meat sauce which was delicious. We both agreed the food was too salty (and we arent the type of people who ask for low or no salt in restaurants usually). My only thought was the chef must be a smoker because all the food was balanced, just too salty.Special Features:
- FOODCBCBDined on 10/16/2014ONLY FAIR. ONIION SOUP WAS SALTY AND ONLY WARM. YOU HAVE A COOK AND NOT A CHEF....MAKES A DIFFERENCE! WINE SERVED IN LARGE GLASSES WITH LITTLE CONTENT,Special Features:
- Great food, GreatService!GMacDined on 10/15/2014Had a business lunch meeting and decided on Trios and am glad I did. I had one a terrific Cobb Salad. My associate had the Scallops which he said were very good! Nice atmosphere, great service and very good food. I recommend Trios for your consideration.Special Features:
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014Trio never disappoints. Recent visit was during the week, early, so it was very quiet and the service was perfect. Server answered questions with confident knowledge. My guest from NY had a lovely dining experience. I had the grouper small plate. It was so good, I'll probably get the entrée portion next time. Spaghetti squash went so well with the grouper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just The Two UsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/12/2014The night was capped off by the excellent and very cordial service provided by our waitress. The food was timely delivered and deliciously prepared as well as fully tasteful to our individual palettes. The meals were fully satisfying without being too much in terms of quantity; the quality was evident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysGarygDined on 10/11/2014Good food, good service. Wish we had place like this in West Chester/Liberty Twp/Mason area.Special Features: