7565 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, OH 45236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://triobistro.com/
- Phone: 5139841905x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm – 9:00pm; Sunday Omelet Station: 10:30am - 1:30pm: Lunch until 4p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Adam Wylie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Trio To Go? Let us know if you would like your favorite dishes to go!
- Special Events: Trio has an elegantly appointed dining room for private events. The Veranda seats up to 75 and can be divided with a sound proof wall to host smaller groups. Prefect for Cocktail Receptions, Celebration Dinners, Showers, Seminars, and Luncheons. House audio visual includes 50" Smart TV's, WIFI, Laser Pointer, Wired Mic.
A word from TRIO
Trio, one of Cincinnati's favorite restaurants for over 25 years, is known for serving fresh seafood daily, along with great steaks, extraordinary pasta dishes, generous portions of specialty salads, California style pizzas, & a wide range of sandwiches. Trio has become the hot spot of Cincinnati for its extensive wine list. Trio currently serves over 30 different wines by the glass, offering the best California wines by the glass or bottle. During the spring, summer & fall Trio diners may prefer to dine in the Veranda. Trio can accommodate private parties from 24 to 65 guests in one of the private dining rooms. Over the years Trio has received Cincinnati Magazine’s "Best Wine List", "Best Casual Service", "Best Entree", "Best Redesigned Restaurant in Cincinnati". Additionally, TRIO is Zagat rated "Best Casual Service" & "Excellent".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
TRIO reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (120)great for lunch (105)special occasion (93)fit for foodies (80)good for groups (55)notable wine list (48)romantic (43)great for brunch (43)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (1)Show More
- Glad Trio's is so closeKenwoodVIPDined on 9/11/2014Ran over for a light dinner. Everything was great. My husband tried the chicken and pasta light offering with a salad. I had my standby - the skirt steak salad - yum. Our server understood we were tired and hungry. She accommodated us perfectly. I like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flat BreadDilayDined on 9/11/2014Their Salmon Flat Bread, Margarita Pizza is excellent !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happilyretiredhappilyretiredDined on 9/9/2014It is very noisy and crowded in Trio. But the food is good. Nice selection of menu items for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Morning BrunchJagsDined on 9/7/2014Trios is a pleasant for a Sunday Morning Brunch. We normally meet our Grandson who goes to Xavier there. They will be changing the menu this month and since I am an Eggs Benedict type of person, am anxious to see the new brunch layout.Special Features:
- Great service45249dinersDined on 9/3/2014We hit bad traffic and were 20 minutes late. Had to be out in an hour. Servers did excellent job accomplishing that goal without rushing us. Food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trio CincinnatiTheresatriDined on 9/2/2014The atmosphere is modern cozy and romantic. We had fish and it was the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No comment Just want to tell trioEatdinneroftenDined on 8/30/2014No comment mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I just wanted to tell trio but not put this on your website.Special Features:
- Always great food and service.RMPRVIPDined on 8/30/2014Trio continues to be a great place whether a big group or place to decide on for just two!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Another great evening at Trio.... Capreze salad is a great addition... Should add it to the regular menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent Trio Diner4SaturdayNightDinersVIPDined on 8/28/2014Food was excellent, service was impeccable, price was reasonable and the setting on the veranda was quiet and very conducive to conducting business.Special Features:
- What's Happened?TeriVIPDined on 8/23/2014I have Eaten at Trios for 20years. Do they have a new chef, business bad or have they simply stopped caring? Lunch this past Saturday was a real disappointment. Their Classic French Onion soup looked unappetizing, greasy, cup was not even filled, very little cheese on top and was bland. Gazpacho was still tasty and presentation lovely but very small portion compared to the past. Would have appreciated a heads up from our server on change to small size so I could have ordered differently. Seems like everyone and everything has become tired.
- MDPBDined on 8/21/2014When we entered the fishy smell almost drove us to another establishment. However we had been wanting to try Trio for some time. Two of us had the veal piccata and enjoyed it very much except both of us thought the capellini was over cooked. Another had the pasta primavera. The vegetables were not as he had been told and it came with many he did not like. The pasta was also over cooked. Overall, the menu is not inspiring. Doubtful if we return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS PERFECTBASSOVIPDined on 8/18/2014WE ALWAYS LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT TRIO AND PLAN TO RETURN SOON AND OFTENSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure....foodloverDined on 8/17/2014We have dined at Trio many times for both lunch and dinner. The quality of the food and service is always consistent, with the food being delicious and comforting, and the wait staff excellent. We tried the new "small plates" menu (4 different people) and all enjoyed their meals. The small plates has smaller portions (and prices) so should be paired with a good salad or soup. Desserts are large enough to share--decadent and delicious.Special Features:
- wonderful mealblanchesarongVIPDined on 8/16/2014As usual, Trio had such a nice ambience, with the quietness to hold a conversation. The food was excellently prepared. I ordered 3 sides for my main dish, & was pleased that they put them all on one plate. The haricot vert, the brussels sprouts & the sauteed mushrooms were DELICIOUS! A filling meal that was expertly prepared. My husband ordered his favorite, the nicoise salad & loved it...lots of tuna, hard boiled eggs & olives. The Mediterranean Pizza was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundEmptyNestMomDined on 8/15/2014It is always a great experience when you dine at Trios from service to food. Thanks for making this just as fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as greatGoRedsDined on 8/14/2014We ate here on a Thursday evening, around 7 p'clock. This is my 5th or 6th time here. The food was excellent as always. My only gripe was that the service wasn't as good as the other times I was here, though the place was packed. I would still come back, as this is one of my favorite Cincinnati-area restaurants.Special Features:
- TRIO FOR FOURSloweaterDined on 8/13/2014Waiter (Brad) excellent attentive ,fluent with menue, fun. Halbut outstanding, crab cakes excellent,caprese tomatoes not so good, as was the veal picatta (tough), overall flavors great,ambiance excellent,service tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedSJD1VIPDined on 8/13/2014We do not go very often to Trio but each time it seems that it is getting worse. First I had made reservations requesting a table by the window. We did not get one. My friend and I ordered a cobb salad (dinner size) with dressing on the side. The salad was fair but came with so little dressing that is was ridiculous. We had to ask for more and they kept bringing back the same little bit at a time that we stopped asking. Bread is the kind that is only good after it comes out of the oven and then becomes cardboardish. There is no excuse today to serve bad bread. Finally our server was ostensibly rushing us...
- Great food and servicethorjimDined on 8/9/2014Great restaurant for groups or a romantic dinner. Excellent food and service. If your server is busy someone else checks on you.Special Features:
- Wally4Dined on 8/8/2014Service was excellent and the food was terrific. Open Table and Trio's made making the reservations simple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GreatWillReturnDined on 8/8/2014Great food. Speedy service. Good wine list. Neighborhood gem. Consistently good. A step above...Special Features:
- Nice anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014My wife and I spent our 32nd anniversary dinner at Trios on a weekday evening. The ambiance was nice, the service was excellent (many persons overseeing the status), and the meal was very good in my case (Soy-glazed seabass) and good for my wife (halibut). The staff was very attentive and picked up that we were celebrating a very important event. After dinner, the manager brought us each a glass of champagne to help us celebrate - a really nice gesture to top off a very good meal. We completed our dinner by sharing the lemon cream pie, which was a refreshing finale to an excellent evening.Special Features:
- MarsieVIPDined on 8/5/2014Always a good choice for a neighborhood restaurant .Food is a little pricey but always goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid place to eat in KenwoodOnesarVIPDined on 8/3/2014went for the brunch - really nice omelet station with lots of choices. Good fruits and sides to go along with the made to order omelets! The juices next to the assortment of goodies are not included. It's a one-set price and you can go up as many times as you like.Special Features:
- Never disappointed!FlabarbDined on 8/1/2014We no longer live in Cinti but our family lives here. We make it a point to dine at Trio while in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014The french onion soup was simply superb. The Salmon Specail (July 30) did not live up to its hype. Would not order again - dry, not much flavor, clealry pre-cooked. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRefreshDined on 7/30/2014A group of lady friends met at Trio for lunch. At 11:30am we were practically the only ones there, but by the time we left the restaurant was packed. They had a big circular table for us that allowed us all to talk easily. The food was delicious, but on the pricey side. All the workers were very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodCareerSageDined on 7/29/2014I love Trio. It is my number one place to go for lunch with special friends and on special occasions. This lunch was to celebrate my friend's birthday -- and he chose Trio. The food was incredible as usual. My smoked salmon flatbread was wonderful; it is one my Trio favorites. My friend loves grouper -- and Trio's grouper sandwich did not disappoint. The dessert was fine. In the many years I have been coming to Trio, I have never had a problem with service until this time. The server did not seem happy to serve us. She made two blatant mistakes, but seemingly blamed us for them. Instead of being a celebratory lunch, we both left disappointed because of the service. I will definitely change tables if I get her as a server again.Special Features:
- Overpriced, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/25/2014I would only eat here for lunch again because their salads/flatbreads sounded good. I was there for dinner though and wouldn't recommend it. I got the grouper entree and it lacked flavor and the veggies were bland. It was $33 and for that I would sooner pay a little more and go to Boca or Ruby's. The others I dined with weren't thrilled either. My mom got the filet and it came with nothing on it- just a plain piece of steak. Again, don't go here for dinner. It's not worth the price for OK food. In fact, I like Bravo better.Special Features:
- Kathy17Dined on 7/24/2014Trios is always a great meal with great service! Good for a special occasion or just everyday nice dinner or lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnaDined on 7/18/2014We had a delicious dinner. The waiter was very kind. We celebrated our 49th anniversary and your restaurant treated us to champagne, which was very nice.Special Features:
- FAVORITEBASSOVIPDined on 7/17/2014Always a favorite, cannot say enough about how good it is to return there for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night outannieoakleyDined on 7/17/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary dinner at Trio's and everything was perfect ! Wine selection, our entrees ,dessert , server and the relaxed atmosphere all superb !Special Features:
- DisappointedVIPDined on 7/17/2014A little on the high end. Good food but you can go other places for much less cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattDined on 7/15/2014The food was delicious and the service excellent. I would have enjoyed sitting in the outside area but it was too busy for lunch the afternoon we were there.Special Features:
- great food!lizabeVIPDined on 7/14/2014Consistent quality, great service! Love the NY strip and seafood entrees. Would like to see 1/2 price wine back! That was nice to have on Mondays.Special Features:
- Always good food and ambienceReds2BengalsVIPDined on 7/14/2014Salads are exceptional and menu choices very good regardless of what you order. Best place for lunch or dinner in area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatCincyDinerVIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a good but not great dinner - the gnocchi with the vodka sauce was very good, and the meatloaf was also good. The baked Brie appetizer was uninspired and pricey at $13, however. Dessert was also forgettable, and service was friendly but not particularly attentive. Finally the wines by the glass were very expensive. Cincinnati's east side has better options at this price point.Special Features:
- wonderful fooddeedee123VIPDined on 7/13/2014The food and the service were great. Everyone was very kind and upbeat.Special Features: