Trio An American Bistro
45 South Glenwood Street
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Trio An American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistrotrio.com/
- Phone: (307) 734-8038
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Will Bradof and Paul Wireman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Catering: Trio is available for a variety of special events; ranging from off-site catering to renting out our restaurant for private parties. If you have general questions or would like more information regarding our catering services, please contact Will Bradof at email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Trio is available for a variety of special events; ranging from off-site catering to renting out our restaurant for private parties. If you have general questions or would like more information regarding our catering services, please contact Will Bradof at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Will Bradof 3077348038
- Special Events: New Years eve 2011 Trio will be offering a three course menu with choices for $65 (plus tax and gratuity).
- Cross Street: Broadway and Pearl St.
- Public Transit: The START bus stops one block from Trio on Pearl Street at the Teton Steak House and the 49'er Inn. The START (Southern Teton Area Rapid Transit) is Jackson Hole's convenient and affordable public transportation. www.startbus.com
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Trio has ample parking including many free, street-side spaces and a free parking garage just one and a half blocks away.
A word from Trio An American Bistro
Voted one of Jackson Hole’s hottest restaurants in 2008 by Food and Wine Magazine, Trio is located just off the Town Square. Open since 2005, Trio is owned and operated by two local chefs with a flare for innovation. Trio serves both seasonal and nightly specials in a relaxed atmosphere, popular with locals and tourists alike. Come in and enjoy a specialty cocktail in front of the wood-fired oven as the chefs perform in an open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Trio An American Bistro - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Trio An American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (88)neighborhood gem (55)hot spot (39)special occasion (34)notable wine list (22)romantic (12)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Always a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Trio is a favorite of mine and I have been here many times since it opened. Previous restaurants in this space have also been some of my favorites since moving to Jackson in 1998. The space is great, the noise level is very high so anyone looking for a quiet spot this is probably not a good choice. Especially in the off season when locals come out in droves and everyone knows each other. The staff are awesome and it always has great attentive service. Good cocktails and a good selection of wines without being too overwhelming. An all around fun restaurant with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait, Wait, Do TellLocalistaVIPDined on 11/15/2014If you have reservations about waiting, get over them--even if you have reservations. Trio patrons from early seatings clearly have reservations, too--about leaving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceprincejDined on 11/14/2014Best restaurant in Jackson, bar none. The risotto is among the best I've ever had. The oven fired pizzas are excellent. Offer 2 for 1 entrees during the off-season. Reservations are necessary year-round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/11/2014The NY steak, fingerling potatoes, elk on risotto, mushroom gratin to start were marvelous and delivered by a service group that was great - meaning not in your face allowing a leisurely dine. Thanks,Special Features:
- Consistently fine foodlocalfoodieDined on 11/8/2014Trio is a favorite with locals and visitors alike. The new fall menu has interesting new combinations - our party had the lamb, pasta, bouliabase and pork loin - all creative and good. Waffle fries with blue cheese sauce are always are standard starter. Cranberry pumpkin cheesecake to finish .... aaahhhSpecial Features:
- A Wonderful FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We are visitors from Australia and wouldn't have given this restaurant a second glance as it is very plain and rustic looking on the outside but local friends suggested it as a dinner catch up. We are so glad they did as we had a wonderful dinner. It was a bit hard to have a conversation sometimes over the noise of the other diners but the food and service more than made up for it.Special Features:
- Simply the bestStudebacherDined on 11/1/2014Just simply the best prepared and served meal we have had in a long time. The wine list always has good choices. The new fall menue choices are outstanding. Certainly the best value in Jackson Hole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively Saturday night at TrioDIRKVIPDined on 10/18/2014Jackson is a sleepy town on a mid October evening. Not so at Trio. The place was packed, mostly with locals, and quite lively. After an initial disagreement with hostess about an appropriate table, we settled in to enjoy people watching and getting a feel for the place. Service was attentive and helpful. We tried the butternut squash soup, creamy and flavorful, and the Hamachi seviche, a unique presentation but quite good. Entrees included the buffalo New York steak which was cooked beautifully, rare and melt in your mouth tender. The black cod was also excellent served with a crispy skin and a delightful presentation. The wine list was disappointing. Mostly high-end wines and few of our favorites. Overall Trio was wonderful.Special Features:
- Consistently greateattoliveDined on 10/18/2014Trio is a traditional spot for us to dine when we visit Jackson. They have a great seasonal menu and a variety of entrees for everyone. We don't eat red meat, and there is always either vegetarian or fish selections for us.Special Features:
- lamb t bonewyo1Dined on 10/4/2014The lamb t bone meat was very very good, but it is a real hard to cut away from the bone and eat. I would prefer chops. Mussels were outstanding.Special Features:
- Mouthwatering Food & great serviceLuvGrubDined on 10/2/2014The food is to die for with beautiful plate presentation! Our server was wonderful (which seems rare in Jackson). Great kid free girls night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzySuzieDined on 9/30/2014The service and food were impeccable. Not a good place for kids, but great spot to dine and visit. Reservations a must! We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fabulous food!ConsultikDined on 9/27/2014Great place for great food. Excellent wine list. A bit noisy but this is a happening place. Service was good and prompt.Special Features:
- Great food!jbhallVIPDined on 9/26/2014We wanted to eat here again after our wonderful experience last year, and we are glad we did. I had the buffalo steak and it was amazing my husband had pizza and it was equally tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014Food is creative and VERY tasty... service is Great with knowledgeable waiter! Atmosphere is busy and a bit noisy for us, but worth putting up with for the lovely food.Special Features:
- Interesting MenuTravelGirl30Dined on 9/19/2014Four of us for dinner on a busy Friday nights (make reservations!). The menu is extremely eclectic, and it might be hard to choose, but just about everything is tempting. We split three appetizers: mussels, which are hard to get wrong if they are fresh (and they were), an outstanding quail in a port sauce, and blue cheese waffle fries, which disappeared off the table in about 30 seconds. Two of us had the buffalo NY steak, which was beyond tender, perfectly done and complimented with a light drizzle of fig sauce. Two of us ordered the Verde pizza with mixed results. One said it was way too salty (pesto, olives, artichoke) and didn't eat the topping, just the crust. The other loved it. An arugula salad was just that. Arugula. Nothing else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of if not the best in JacksonrocknrollerVIPDined on 9/18/2014Cool vibe. Creative food with a very nice mix of flavors. Lots of seafood options all done splendidly too. Very friendly and efficient service. This is not to be missed in Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Gathering SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Great energetic atmosphere which needs to bring up the food a few notches. Stuffed squid was excellent, sautéed spinach ok, pizza burnt,rissotta average, watermelon and prosciutto salad good. Wine by the glass selection is limited. All in all, worth a visit and a great place to people watch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special nightAlfordDined on 9/15/2014We went to Trio An American Bistro to celebrate my birthday and was quite pleased with everything except the noise level. We ordered Wine and a beer and the Merlot and Dark Beer were excellent. We split the salad and bread and ordered Halibut and Venison. They were divine! The seasoning on the Venison was very tasty and the meat was tender and cooked to perfection. The fish was flaky, moist and spiced just right. We ordered the Lemon Meringue pie and I could have eaten two of them! It was heaven on a plate! They were very busy but the waiter was very attentive, friendly and helpful and the food came out fast and hot. We will go back! I recommend that you make a reservation.Special Features:
- Consistently great!MMMMDined on 9/15/2014Trio is one of the best restaurants in Jackson Hole. It doesn't get the publicity of of SRG, but consistently matches (or exceeds) them in quality of food and service. The ambiance is fine, but the noise level can definitely be "energetic". We are locals and Trio has become one of our favorite restaurants. We eat at Trio more often than any other restaurant in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild in WyomingNJmomDined on 9/13/2014My husband & son tried the quail appetizer and the venison entree special. I had the shrimp risotto. - The risotto was delicious with 3 jumbo shrimp as the add-on. Very good cocktails & rich preparation of foods. Huge portion-sized dessertsSpecial Features:
- Eating well in Jackson HolePepperPDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant has a very lively atmosphere. My husband and I had soup, ceasar salad (white anchovies - yum) and split a vegetarian pizza (the Verde pizza with roasted artichokes, spanish green olives, basil pesto and mozzarella cheese). We could not finish our meal and took some of the pizza home with us. Everything we ordered was fresh, very well presented and quite tasty. Our server was knowledgeable, prompt and attentive. I also had wine by the glass, which was quite good and not unreasonable in price. We enjoyed our evening and will return.Special Features:
- Over ratedWydukeusDined on 9/12/2014Mediocre at best, glass of wine was served with cork debris, steak was cooked to perfection but tasteless, server never asked how the meal was. Slightly disappointed.
- Wonderful as usualEatTogetherVIPDined on 9/12/2014Trio is a favorite of mine so i was glad to share in a lovely dinner with family recently. Pleased to see the compressed watermelon salad late in the summer. Usually I would have the halibut, tonight I chose the risotto with roasted corn & prosciutto because it was a bit chilly outside. Others ordered the BLT soup, mussels & the tenderloin, all cooked perfectly. Last, but not least, the youngest at the table ordered pasta with butter & Parmesan...not the most unusual of requests for her age group, but Trio did the simplest of things & is now her favorite in town: nice penne pasta, cooked al'dente, not swimming in butter and in the correct portion for a child. Huh, such a simple thing, but means so much to a family that eats out together...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After work dining outGourmandDined on 9/12/2014Looked forward to the mussels all day while at work as Trio serves tender mussels with a wonderful sauce...a favorite! Noted...less mussels this time....but enough for a shared appetizer. The halibut was good but a little dry. Gazpacho served with it complemented flavor. The venison was delicious and the mushrooms outstanding. Grilled asparagus was okay. The drinks...always good...can't remember the ones we had this time, but as usual tasty and unique mixture combination. Service...excellent. Cold draft in the air....immediately shut down the fans. Cozy seating but ample space for private conversations.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceCC1999Dined on 9/11/2014Went for our Anniversary! Wonderful menu, great service from Lucas. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlippingPVDinerVIPDined on 9/10/2014We've eaten at Trio for years and it's been our favorite in Jackson but recently menu quality, quality of food prep and service have begun to slip. Last visit ... Zucchini cake with halibut was served burned and replaced with another burned portion - server noting it was prepared earlier so ... , Lamb Pasta was overcooked and mushy. Service focused on turning tables - getting them in and getting them out ! I hope this is not a continuing trend
- Fantastic foodSunnyDined on 9/5/2014The squid ink starter was wonderful. It was visually attractive, and the flavor was interestingly comforting. I also had a mushroom bisque, which was very filling. The ambience is lively. The restaurant is one of the best that I have ever experienced in the country. Highly, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie paradiseLove2dineTwinCitiesDined on 8/29/2014The dishes we tried (lamb pasta and Roma pizza) were excellent; the flavors were subtle and mixed well together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableFWCriticDined on 8/28/2014We always eat at Trio when we visit Jackson Hole. The Cesar salad might win the award for the best in the nation. We also enjoy the pizza and chicken dish. Just wish the tables didn't make you feel like you're eating in the school cafeteria.Special Features:
- Wonderful, all roundpalermoDined on 8/27/2014I brought four of my guests to Trio for dinner and they are still talking about what a great experience it was. They found the open atmosphere, decor and diners to be very trendy. Our table ordered a mix of pizza, roasted chicken, beef, etc. and every one was extremely pleased wit their meal. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive: we told him we had a timeline and he ensured that we met it with no problems. Everything seemed to be fairly priced and delivered great satisfaction. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014lots of exciting choices on the menu, hard to choose! lamb and chicken dishes both first rate. Wish there were more moderately priced wine selections, but we are going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014We were very pleasantly surprised - the food was delicious and very creative with a nice mix of flavors.Special Features:
- Outstanding food in Jacksonlove2dineDined on 8/24/2014Had dinner over the weekend, and the tuna was perfectly cooked over a sweet potato puree which was exceptional! Service was superb. Overall, excellent food. Great find and worth eating it.Special Features:
- the best pizzagoaltenderDined on 8/23/2014We loved the pizza crust - one of the best we've ever had. Light and airy and thin all at the same time. The rest of our dinner was delicious too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Great food, and the atmosphere is vibrant. Highly recommend the s'mores dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!doreenjameswiseDined on 8/20/2014Lucas did an admirable job, very customer friendly and efficient. The food was quite good: mussels always a favorite. Lamb pasta interesting and unique. My husband's burger cooked perfectly, as was my halibut... The noise level is way down this year, music stays in the background where it belongs. And I, for one, was grateful. A lovely evening.Special Features:
- Amazing!HealthnutfoodieDined on 8/17/2014My husband and I were very impressed with the food at Trio An American Bistro. We ate at great restaurants while at Jackson Hole but this was our very favorite. My halibut selection was THE BEST I have ever eaten. Service was superb.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014We found the recommendation on OpenTable, made reservation, walked to the restaurant and were blown away by the food, there service and feel of the restaurant. Will make it a favorite for every time we visit Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- muldoonDined on 8/12/2014This is one of the 2 or three best restaurants in Jackson Hole. Everything is good there. Service is friendly. They even have excellent Pizza. Go early for dinner in high season. Wine selection is only fair. Tomato soup is specialty.Special Features: