Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.trinitygrille.com/
- Phone: 3032932288
- Hours of Operation:
Tables are available for lunch in order of arrival. We do NOT accept lunch reservations but if everyone in your group is here by 11:30am we'll have a table for you. Open table will not allow you to make a reservation for lunch. The restaurant is usually full until 12:15+/-. Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Saturday 5pm-10pm Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mika Palomaa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Trinity Grille
The Trinity Grille has been serving American classic cuisine to the downtown Denver business crowd for over 25 years. Located on Tremont Street across from the Brown Palace Hotel, the Trinity’s warm, inviting dining room can accommodate couples in a quiet corner; small groups and we welcome larger parties. Our CIA trained chefs make everything from scratch including sumptuous aged steaks, fresh seafood and our famous Crab Cakes. Winner of many “Best of Denver” awards including best French Fried Lobster, Bloody Mary and Denver’s best Steak Burger. With a full bar, many single malt scotches, Guinness and Newcastle on tap and a variety of bottled beers. With over 20 wines by the glass and one of Denver’s most reasonably priced yet diverse wine lists, the Trinity is ready to host your party. Trinity Grille, is “Where Denver Meets”. TABLES ARE AVAILABLE FOR LUNCH IN ORDER OF ARRIVAL. IF YOUR ENTIRE PARTY ARRIVES BEFORE 11:30 WE'LL HAVE A TABLE WAITING FOR YOU. RESERVATIONS FOR DINNER ONLY.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trinity Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- cowboyDined on 8/9/2014Waitress seemed truly unfriendly to our children. Then had an attitude and was trying to dissuade us from having dessert.
- Consistent dependabilityMonimonDined on 8/1/2014I don't get "downtown" much, but I appreciate that the Trinity Grille offers consistency in several areas: service, quality of food, food choice, wine choice, and ambiance. I was surprised that they didn't have a larger crowd on a Friday evening, but our group was certainly satisfied with the whole experience, and will dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLuv2dineDined on 7/16/2014My sister and I enjoyed dining here. Food was delicious. Beautiful restaurant. Staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 33yrrestaurantguyVIPDined on 7/15/2014typical Colorado cuisine & decor-nothing fancy or fou fou, just good Western comfort food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentRickyDined on 5/28/2014Had a great white fish dish two months ago. This time got the Mahi Mahi special. It was average. Waiter didn't bring bread until I asked. Crab cakes were good. French fries looked like they were at the bottom of the batch. Dark and don't think I saw one over one inch in length.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing dinnerBB627Dined on 5/3/2014Had an early, before opera dinner at the Trinity, & were almost the only customers. > Instead of great music played all over the restaurant, 80's rock played at the bar. Were they were playing it for themselves while they prepped for the evening? > Our waitress was attentive. But in the midst of a leisurely dinner salad, dinner appeared. When we ate main course, it was lukewarm. > Crabcake appetizer was great. But calamari steak came w/a floury brownish gravy, & outside of the fish was gummy, not crisp. Did it sit too long? Buffalo meatloaf was good. > Trinity felt like a 'has-been' that depends on its Brown Palace proximity, instead of a place with consistently great food
- The following 198 reviews are from the Trinity Grille reviews archive.
- Great food, not busy at allOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014We went to Trinity Grille with a large group and was surprised at how dead it was. The waitress was very knowledgeable and accommodating to our requests. Definitely will be visiting it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crab cakes in Denver!mp1234VIPDined on 4/7/2014Trinity Grille is a great pick for lunch or dinner. I've had lunch there many times and have enjoyed quick service, great food, and terrific neighborhood ambiance. Recently, a business dinner there was ideal. The noise level was moderate to quiet, so it was a great spot for a larger group to interact and enjoy good food. Guests from Boston (A+ seafood!) rated the crab cakes top tier. Though the food is basic by foodies' standards and not adventurous as you might find at more exotic restaurants, it is flavorful and well-presented. There is a nice wine and liquor selection, also.Special Features:
- Restaurant was empty at 5:30pmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2014Known as a vibrant lunch and after work gathering place the entire restaurant and bar had 6 people for the entire time we were there.
- Pretty quiet crowd, greatbroncosfanDined on 3/1/2014Pretty quiet crowd, great and I mean great French Onion Soup and Blue Crab cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hearty FarelawprofDined on 3/1/2014The menu was heavy on fish and beef with a good selection from which to choose. The place has the warm feel of a pub. The service was adequate - not exactly top notch but no mistakes, either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014our server, BJ, knew the menu and wine list like the back of his hand. extremely competent and attentive. one could not have asked for better service. the crab cakes and walleye was as good as touted. terramisu (?) was featherlight..great. he may have been the chef/owner he was so good. thanks PJ for a very enjoyable evening at Trinity Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2014Food was about the same as what I fix for dinners. The special surf and turf was $72! Waitress forgot to mention that. Don't waste your time here.
- Want to talk?DenverDinerDined on 2/15/2014I specifically chose the Trinity Grille for two reasons; it's quiet and I love the chocolate souffle. Denver has many great dining options and most restaurants are packed on a Saturday night. The Trinity Grille is a calm oasis and conversations with table mates are effortless due to the low noise level. The menu has many options if you are dining with people who you don't know what they may like. The food is fine but foodies will likely be underwhelmed. Our server was very good and attentive without being intrusive or overbearing. The prices are also more affordable than many downtown restaurants. I love desserts and my favorite is chocolate souffle. Most of all, I love being able to hear the conversation at my table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night dinnerbethDined on 2/15/2014We made reservations, even though it was the day after Valentine's Day and when we arrived the place was empty. I elbowed my husband and with my eyes said, "I told you so", and we headed to the bar. We had our choice of seats because there was no one sitting at the bar. We think the service is better at the bar anyway. We ordered a bottle of red wine (Phantom something) and escargot. The wine was good and the escargot was as expected. We ordered more bread to dip in the garlic butter. :) I had the salmon and my husband had a steak. He even admitted that my salmon was better than his steak. That's hard to do in a steak restaurant. Overall it was a good dinner and the dessert vanilla souflee was pretty good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing walked out beforeNMDinnerVIPDined on 2/14/2014Disappointing walked out before ordering. Staff seemed uninterested, ambience old and stale
- DisappointingEcvbrewDined on 2/14/2014Made reservations early for a romantic valentines dinner. We were seated in half full restaurant right next to the kitchen. Food was fair, serve was good. Nothing special about the restaurant or the food. We will not return.
- Excellent Valentine's Day dinnerMavrettaDined on 2/14/2014I've eaten lunch at the Trinity Grille a few times but never dinner. My wife and I had dinner there on Valentine's Day evening. We were both very happy with our meal. The salads were exceptionally good and her scallops were the best we had ever tasted. As I said, I always considered the Grille to be a great place for lunch but now I know it is just as good for dinner. We'll see you again soon. ThanksSpecial Features:
- The restaurant was very noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2014The restaurant was very noisy. A crowd of loud drinking people at a table near us so it was hard to talk. The food was okay but nothing to write home about. The service was okay but not great.
- Whoa Nellie......BillTDined on 2/13/2014The food is exceptionally well prepared and served, The food concoctions are unique, well thought out and are full of fresh flavor. I enjoyed fresh scallops over angel hair pasta with a wonderful jalapeño, asparagus sauce served piping hot in a deep dish. My house salad was fresh, cold and properly dressed. The wine list was decent and moderately priced but a bit thin. Trinity Grille is a terrific place off the beaten path.Special Features:
- Another trinity?mrbigstuffVIPDined on 1/8/2014The "restaurant trinity" of Food, Drink and Service is taken to a heavenly level at the Trinity Grille. Food- can't go wrong with ANY main course but don't miss the Lobster! Drink- Grady makes the best martinis in the world Service- Steve's staff is unbelievably responsive and intuitive of your every needs. Inspite of challenging the staff with a party of 21,the evening far exceeded our expectations. Best dining experience in Denver!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Date Night FindMedicOkieDined on 1/4/2014For a Saturday night in Downtown Denver, there was not a big crowd. It was a great place to take my wife out for a date. Some of the food was bland, but the rest was great. Staff was very friendly. Prices were pretty good for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentRickyDined on 1/2/2014Went with some friends a week after my last review which was five stars. This time not as good. The crab cakes were great as usual but I asked for more sauce when they were delivered and it never came. Everything else from a service standpoint was good. The sashimi tuna I ordered was thin and dry with little flavor, disappointing. The walleye seemed to lack flavor. The soufflé was wonderful last time, a bit less flavor this time. Chicken gumbo soup was okay but nothing to write home about. The chicken chipolte soup last week was exceptional.Special Features:
- Of course, we chose the restaurantJudyDined on 12/31/2013Of course, we chose the restaurant for New Year's Eve. Got crowded fast. Food was great but served only lukewarm. Long wait for entrees.Special Features:
- new years eve dinnerfeedme2Dined on 12/31/2013we enjoyed our new years eve dinner. my husband had the swordfish special, which wasn't large, but it was good. the portions are not large at Trinity Grille, however, they are a good dinner size, ....not so much food you end up with two meals, yet far from a small ornate object in the middle of a plate. the wedge salad was fresh, however the dressing seemed a little thin and could have used more blue cheese. we will return, as Trinity is an easy place to go, with reliable food and service, and not too expensive. the apple dessert was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good. AtmospherefrnlothDined on 12/26/2013Food was very good. Atmosphere was nice but not as vibrant and exciting as I would have expected for a downtown restaurant. It was a Thursday night and I got the impression it was more of a business lunch place. We did enjoy it and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trinity PlaceRickyDined on 12/26/2013Wife had crab cakes. She is from Maryland, home of the blue crab. She says their crab cakes are the best in the west. I had the soup of the day, think it was chicken chipotle. Exquisite. For entrée I had the blackened sea bass. I am from New York where we often dine on ocean fish. This was the best fish dish I have had since moving out to the west in 1988. We have gone here several times. This was the best. Fabulous restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve DinnerSandyDined on 12/24/2013Like many other people, our family goes to the Trinity for dinner before or after services at the iconic Trinity Church across the street every year. We were seated exactly at the time of our reservation. The food this year was outstanding. Four of each ordered something different and we tasted everyone's. The duck and venison were the top winners but a steak and crab cakes were excellent. We ordered the chocolate souffle and a brioche pudding - both were excellent. The service was both very professional and friendly. We do treat ourselves to a visit sometimes during the year, but live up in the mountains now, so can't stop by as casually as we used to. Excellent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have enjoyed the TrinitymisschambordVIPDined on 10/11/2013We have enjoyed the Trinity Grille for many years. However, on our last visit, the food quality seemed to have gone downhill. The service was, as always, great. The atmosphere is also great. The menu needs a facelift, a la Gordon Ramsey.
- Good place for an easy dinnerAntonDined on 10/10/2013Tried the fried lobster tail, which I'd never heard of before and it was excellent paired with spaetzli of all things. My wife had steak frite, also good. Waiter split a house salad for us, very nice with bib lettuce, and cranberries. Atmosphere was relaxed and waiter was friendly and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and So-SoOperationDinnerOutVIPDined on 10/5/2013Was not exactly what we were hoping to get. It was very quiet, not many people in the restaurant. The bar has an old feel to it, maybe similar to Cheers. Food was okay but not something we would revisit.
- Great Food and Service WonderfulC2computerVIPDined on 9/20/2013Good food, excellent service, nice place to dine. Menu is varied and would go back again.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseBusinessTriperDined on 9/16/2013Went to this restaurant with a large group and was pleasantly surprised with the food quality and moderate pricing. I would recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing worth talking about.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/28/2013Disappointment all around. Dark, boring, tired. Limited, one page menu. Crab cake just okay, a little soggy. Special scallops made with peppercorns was super salty! Had no flavor, because the salt overwhelmed all the components. Asked for regular, straight lemonade only to be brought pink lemonade. Server was nowhere to be seen until end of meal. Coffee tasted like old instant. This place is strictly for the non-foodie.
- Neighborhood Find!urbandinerDined on 6/19/2013Trinity Grille has been there a long time but we just found it! Spent an evening there with California family staying at the Brown Palace across the street. The staff did a great job of sitting us in a spacious quiet area so we could catch up from living across the country from one another. The salads, fish, beef and french fried lobster were all delicious. Some of us had wine by the glass and we shared a bottle as well. Great service from our first call saying we were delayed to the end of our evening out. If you are looking for a place a bit off of the downtown mall with accommodating service, delicious quality food and a quiet atmosphere suitable for conversation give the Trinity a try. We definitely plan to return~!Special Features:
- Good wine, bland foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2013Although we had some very good wines at Trinity Grille the food was not at all as expected. The interior is dated and the food had very little flavor. This was surprising since the cuts of meat and food quality seemed to be good overall. Slaw that came with the crab cake tasted like it came from a can, and while the crab cake had plenty of crab meat it didn't seem to be seasoned at all. The venison was perfectly cooked, unfortunately the sauce left a rather bleach-like aftertaste.
- Still GoodCountonusDined on 4/13/2013Hadn't been to Trinity in years and it was still a great meal.Special Features:
- We had a great meal at TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013We had a great meal at The Trinity Grille. The service was perfect, and all the food was wonderful - appetizers, salads, main course, dessert and drinks. The portions were bigger than I expected and the prices were reasonable. This was our first visit, and we will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Love the Trinity Grille.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2013Love the Trinity Grille. It is great for lunch, and dinner was very good. We took a friend that had never been, and he really enjoyed his dinner. Everything we tried was very good. One thing I liked about their restaurant week menu, is that it was items that are always on the menu, not something they dreamed up for specials.Special Features:
- Our server was wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Our server was wonderful, letting me taste different wines till I got to one I liked. Crab cakes and crab bisque were very good but my friend's Walleye (fish) was a bit too salty for her taste.Special Features: